Search found 468 matches

Return

Re: $10 million

It's a shame because if the Kickstarter was done properly I think it'd have had a decent chance of getting $10M by itself. I'm really annoyed by Awesome Japan - due to their complete and utter incompetence, they're now asking Shenmue fans to pledge far more than they can possibly afford, otherwise we get a bare-bones version of the game we've been waiting 14 years for.

I'm getting really annoyed by this sense of entitlement I'm seeing in these threads. Why do you deserve anything? At least they're working on making the third game a reality, when all hope was lost just a little while ago. It's still on track to be one of the most successful video game Kickstarters ever (if not the most successful). Some of you have really lost sight of reality.

Yu never said the $10 million needed to completely come from this 34-day Kickstarter. Outside funds, Paypal, etc. could contribute to the total. Calm down.
by mjq jazz bar
Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Guys, guys, you're both beautiful. Seriously though, both of you take a time out and cool off. No need for the insults.
by Henry Spencer
Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bumped my pledge from $310 to $510. (don't tell my wife)
by mjq jazz bar
Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]
by south carmain
Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Campaign to get Sony to make statement about involvement

They haven't made an official definitive statement. There has been lots of miscommunication even within Sony. This is why this is needed.
by Himuro
Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ryo looking chubby

Thought Ryo looked a little weird in the kickstarter images. So i fixed it up.

by Asmordeus
Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ways to Help the Kickstarter Campaign - Spread the Word

Managed to inform a good journalist of the current conundrum. She clarified some things and set straight the record. Published on the escapist. Concedes Sony backing in the marketing and that the Kickstarter is important. One more article in our favor.

Article just went up: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141291-Sony-will-be-involved-in-marketing-and-production-for-Shenmue-3?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=all
by LucBu
Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ways to Help the Kickstarter Campaign - Spread the Word

I've submitted that Escapist article to the /r/games subreddit, upvote it guys to help spread the word :) :

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/ ... shenmue_3/
by Amir
Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Created some hi-res Shenmue logo PNGs for general use.

Hey, I was going to do some fan-graphic design but couldn't find any high res PNGs on a quick Google search. I probably didn't look very hard though tbh. So if there are already tons of similar logos out there, then fair enough, never mind. :)

Either way, I ended up making my own. They're not perfect but if you scale them down to normal web-sizes they should look ok.

I'm posting them here so people can be free to use a high-res logo however they wish. In youtube banners, twitch overlays, facebook, twitter etc.

LOGO (black)
http://i.imgur.com/ImGDXLA.png

LOGO (white)
http://i.imgur.com/g5cPg6s.png

LOGO (phoenix)
NEW*
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5333907/shenmuephoenix.png

LOGO (dragon)
NEW*
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5333907/shenmuedragon.png

LOGO (Japanese)
http://i.imgur.com/EoxP0Cu.png

ART (Tiger on Ryo's Jacket)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5333907/ryojacket2.png

And here's a fanart boxart I did for good measure showing all graphics together. Shows how they look scaled down.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5333907/shenmueboxart3.png

Edit: If anyone is looking for something specific let me know in the replies. Like if you want a twitch banner at A x B dimensions with image C and the logo in the middle etc.

EG: http://i.imgur.com/K4XdXV1.jpg
BLANK: http://i.imgur.com/pUeeodF.jpg

Edit2: As a bonus, here's a high res box art of Sonic 3 (Japanese version)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5333907/sonicposter.jpg

I made this as a christmas present for a friend, and there's lots of sega fans here so I suppose I'll include it here. Feel free to use it, or get a print of it etc. if you so wish.
by ash55
Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Know is going to ruin SH3

Is the internet still going on about this? Fucking hell, people are stupid and/or desperate for clicks.

Suuure, it's obviously a scam. Yu didn't even want to promise too much in an interview just in case it doesn't make it into the game. Since it would feel like betraying the fans he thought. Now that really sounds like the type of guy who wants to scam people. Combine that with Sony officially providing support and proudly showing the game on E3.
It's of course totally worth it for a multinational company as Sony to be associated with a scam. Who cares about reputation (extending to banking) when they might earn a few million dollars on top of their tens of billions ? #-o

There are quite a few AAA-titles out there with missing or broken promised features. Maybe these "Internet journalists" can go the extra mile to sabotage those as they're trying here. And where were all of them during the Bloodstained campaign? There were also unknown funders there but they didn't seem to care as much for some reason.
by ys
Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: youtubers

yess first one it worked

phpBB [video]
by scroeffie
Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Twitter push to reach $10 Million! | #10MillionToShenmue

^ Well if you think of something, do it. No time for discussion right now.

This video is great for people who never played the series, I tweeted it out to big name Youtuers and Twitter accounts, hopefully we'll get a RT or two. But you guys should spread it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5bSkggI5Ps
by Rikitatsu
Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 31.000 in 3 days....

Im not saying Im not thrilled Im just stating that there was always going to be a huge influx early on and then it would tail off. The game is cult theres not too many gamers who will go "oh yeah that game, I used to play that back in the day - it would be cool to play another one". People either know and love it or dislike/disinterested in it.

I do have my reservations about kickstarter but I do know that its probably the only way to get it funded. But I care more about Shenmue III than I do any morale stand point on Kickstarter :P

It is however a sensible move all round - Unreal Engine 4 is free to use and they just take 5% of profit (over $30,000 per quater) having Sony on board and providing technical support as well as marketing is good although I'd love for it to be a 2nd party game.

TBH We're not going to see this thing completed for 2-3 years so I shouldn't really be THAT fussed but:
:rotflmao:
by life_247
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There Is No Reason For Panic (Yet)

If we're going to be negative, can we at least report actual facts? This type of thread lowers morale.

I agree with everything described in the above post, though. The fact they haven't even changed the layout of the main page is really annoying.

http://s12.postimg.org/88qwlziv1/Untitled.png

If we compare the Bloodstained Kickstarter to Shenmue 3's one side by side, Shenmue 3 already hit its lowest point with $31,704 early in the campaign period while Bloodstained hit $36,589 as its lowest around the half point period. One point to note though is that Bloodstained had from the very beginning a bigger "drawing power" to its name as it's at the same time a brand new IP and a familiar series, so it was easier to market to both old and new gamers.

But even having said that, there's no reason to be ENTIRELY negative about the current situation. If you look at the initial pledging days, you can see why Shenmue 3 broke all records. We are still in early stages of the campaign and Shenmue 3 managed to gather $3,591,739 within 9 days compared to $2,429,094 from Bloodstained in the same period. That's over a million! I attribute this to the fact we got to know Shenmue 3's ideal target ($10 Mil) and the relentless work done by all of us to help generate hype and gather funds, without the help from even the people behind the campaign (thanks Awesome Japan)! And we got YouTube celebrities like HappyConsoleGamer and Adam Koralik behind us too!

So if we keep this up, things will certainly turn around. Awesome Japan is already starting to listen to us, as they have implemented new stretch goals, reward tiers and finally built an official twitter page. It's still not the ideal, but we are certainly getting there. The Gods of Lucky Hit are with us!
by sand4fish
Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There Is No Reason For Negativity

The negativity is just annoying honestly on all fronts whether here or in the comments of the Kickstarter. We're getting the game and the rest is just extra at this point. If they shot for 2 million then they clearly had a vision for that ahead of time. No clue why people are complaining. I'm ecstatic we are even getting it.
by NismoZZzz
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 31.000 in 3 days....

These figures don't look good - IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND KICKSTARTER at all.

Let's take the most successful game ever - Bloodstained. It also stalled after 2 or 3 very promising first days look looked pretty much like Shenmue now when it suddenly brought in another 1.5 million in the last 3 days. It's usually like this - that in the last 72 hours of a project many people jump the bandwagon who were undecided or had to save money and jump this train in the last minute.

Just check out the bllodstained process and compare with the Shenmue 3 data...

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/#chart-daily
by Master Kyodai
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes yes yes!

We are getting Shenmue 3!!!

And Sony have helped make that happen!!
by spinksy
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There's No Reason For Negativity

We can still voice our opinions though, be they negative, positive or neutral. Some people have legitimate concerns over Awesome Japan's credentials and ability to handle such a huge campaign. Then there's the fact that YSNet essentially need $10mil for us to get Shenmue III "proper".

I've never understood this need that people have - Shenmue fans in particular - to silence anything even slightly negative. It's almost like that dystopian society cliché where the big bad evil corporations lock up anyone who doesn't sing along to "Everything is Awesome". Comply or die n all that.

He's not trying to silence anyone or anything. He's trying to maintain morale.
by Himuro
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SHENMUE 3 AFTERMATH - Happy Console Gamer

Happy Console Gamer and Rerez chat about the Shenmue 3 controversy and it's Kickstarter. Watch it here.

Youtube Channels: Happy Console Gamer | Rerez | Adam Koralik
Links: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | Kickstarter Videos | News Archive
by Ziming
Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Day Shenmue 3's Announcement Blew The World

On June 16, 2015 Shenmue 3's anouncement at E3 literally lightened the world!

by sand4fish
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

See, I don't agree with that being relevant. Positivity, imo, means "oh, it doesn't matter, we're getting it anyway". Negativity leads to "not good enough, I want better, I want more !" And is that not the point of the stretch goals?

I dunno, as I say - again - it just comes down to perspective.

IMO, it just comes down to you having something else to bitch about. We can all agree we want the game to be the best it can be. In any case, the only point of this thread was to help assuage the concerns people are having for reaching the 10 million figure or the fear it won't even top Bloodstained. People are getting anxious and nervous. That was all this thread was about, not saying criticism isn't warranted. You say you want it better, you want more but from what I've observed, you just want things perfect. But things won't always BE perfect, and sometimes "pretty good" is good enough. Let this thread be.
by Himuro
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah i just said the same in that "OMG, just 31K in one day" thread. As we say in germany - the opera is not over until the fat girl finished singing. And for Shenmue that will be July 18th.

And some campaigns like "30 for 3" already look promising, I bet we can boost up the money quite a bit. Also loads of people are still in summer vacation and prolly missed the good news.

Personally i also hope that Yu Suzuki and his team will do a bit more. Some more rewards would help, look at how much bloodstained made from "brag style" rewards like "Your picture in the game", "Your name for an item" "Your dog as an enemy" and so on. I don't say we need Mitt3nz dog in the game or so, but i guess it wouldn't be much of a story breaker to have a small photo studio in one of the villages that has sample photos on the walls that could show some people who donated 2 grand and stuff. Or a capsule toy called "LanDC's guitar". Just kidding with the examples, but i guess you get how much more potential there would be. So far i think the rewards could be improved.

And not sure what the reason is for "PC and PS4". Not the worst choice of platforms, but indeed - errrr Xbox? And even if they have some exclusive agreement with Sony i think Mac OSX or Linux ports would not break the revenue much. I mean unreal engine can compile for virtually every platform, hell you could compile Shenmue 3 on iPhone if you want it.
by Master Kyodai
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is the only source for that $10m figure the reddit post? It really just reads like a number he threw out, possibly just to incite more donations.

We're really in the dark as to what the numbers actually mean, or what waiting longer would really achieve.
by JC 2K3
Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Things I don't agree with MiTT3NZ:
- Saying from the first moment that the "dream game" should be 10 million would be a kickstarter harakiri, it's just too much for any game kickstarter.
- Simplified stretch goals don't seem like a good incentive, I think that people feel better when they think they're achieving things, I even think that closer stretches would be better.
- Suzuki did various interviews, but mostly for japanese media. But also sony talked about Shenmue in most post E3 recaps.
by shredingskin
Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cannot believe some of the people in this community. . .

We've seriously been begging for Shenmue 3 for 14-years and now that we are finally getting the game for sure at this point, I cannot believe that people are seriously complaining!

I am not even talking about the management of the KS page or the campaign in general, but people being like "oh, yeah I want Shenmue 3, but won't support it unless they announce a physical PS4 version." Or, "this game will suck if we don't reach 10-million!"

I have way more faith in Suzuki San than to think he'd only ask for 2-million just so he could give us a crap game just to finally shut us up. Apparently some people in the community think this is what he is doing :roll:

I know this is a fraction of the overall community, but it just blows my mind that some people are really complaining at this point. We are getting the game! Be happy! God damn! ](*,)
by bikingjehuty
Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cannot believe some of the people in this community. . .

I don't want a Shenmue game less than 10 mil if that's what Yu needs to make it the full installment experience.
Rather not have any game than some basic story just for closure.

Not knowing what happens to Lan Di is legendary at this point and I'm fine with leaving it like that.

Then don't play it when it comes out. Simple as that.
by myshtuff
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Doesnt this make you smile.

Guys, the graphic is from Google.ca and they surely forgot to add "Shenmue" search written in Chinese and Japanese ideograms. ;)
by Namron_Bearded
Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was tempted not to comment on this as it's kinda airing more negativity about negativity! o_O

I get the frustration on both sides but as soon as it hit $2m and it was definitely happening it became a dream come true to finally continue the saga- everything else is just a bonus.
by joka
Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cannot believe some of the people in this community. . .

I can accept people not pledging if someone only has an Xbone or something, but this had to be the most torturous wait for a sequel in video game history - so C'MON, Y'ALL!

Some random, sure. But not a Shenmue fan, no. There is no price or limit as to what we'd buy in order to play this game. Anyone who calls themselves a fan harping over minor details is poison and should go away immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Yama
Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #13 - Budget and Funding Statement

We'll get the 10M. After the KS, we will have about 2 and a half years time to get there through Paypal. Cheer up, every one! :) Let's just make the KS the best we can and AFTER that is done we will have enough time to discuss what to do. :)

Oh, and just in case I forgot to mention it: Shenmue 3 is coming!!! :king:
If the money pledged really is just for development then they'd need the majority of that $10m a hell of a lot sooner than 2 years down the line though...

We shouldn't be too worried about that. If the fans can generate an influx of, let's say, $50k per month that could be of great help with the development as a lot of the dev costs will be paid monthly (e. g., the wages). On top of that, with like 5 million from the Kickstarter in their pocket, I think it could be possible for Ys to get like a 5 million loan and pay that back monthly, using our paypal money and later, if needed, some of the money made from the sales.

But keep in mind that I'm just speculating and throwing around figures. No one of us knows how much money Ys have right now. Anyway, I'm just trying to tell people to cheer up and have a little more faith. We as the Shenmue community have fought for this moment for 14 years. We've already come a long, long way. We've made S3 a reality. Some of us have been waiting on this moment for almost their entire lifes and we won't just let this opportunity go.

This is our last shot and we will make it! Believe in ourselves, believe in Yu! :D
by Hyo Razuki
Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

anyone not supporting it doesn't deserve to play the final product. I mean, the ones that refuse to support. I can understand being skeptical (time, budget, team developing) and those are realistic concerns. But, if you have extra money to spare, lay off fast food for a week and help support it if you have some interest in the game.
by Jackie Fhan
Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I replayed Shenmue II disc 4 last night

I have a save specifically for when I want to replay it because I consider it one of gamings biggest milestones and achievements.

Before, it always made me sad, but last night I did it for the first time with the knowledge we are getting Shenmue III, and it made me really, really happy. I was happy seeing all of these questions and stuff that I may actually get answers to. Shenhua talks about water buffalo, and life in Bailu, and the old lady who taught her how to sew, all this stuff that's hinted in 3 you think you'll never see ever. And we're fucking getting it. We're actually going to get it! \:D/ Every time I played this section of the game I had a sense of melancholy, but for the first time I could sit back and enjoy it in full without pressure that I will never get answers to my questions.

I highly suggest everyone else do the same. What an amazing experience! =D>
by Himuro
Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kickstarter Update #14 - Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZm-HzCVzL4

Hello Shenmue Fans and soon to be Shenmue Fans!
Yu Suzuki will be doing a Twitch stream on Friday, June 26 at 7:00PM PDT (Saturday, June 27 2:00AM GMT).
There is lots of Shenmue to talk about, so look for the Twitch Channel link to be posted with the Update tomorrow.
Until then!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1274894

Is he going to go through showing the old games and giving us a behind the scenes perspective do you think? Or do you think he might have some stuff to show of Shenmue 3?
by ConanTheKing
Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

Riku Rose wrote: Brilliant idea.

It actually is. Will be great exposure.
by Peter
Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3AM UK time kinda sucks. I know it's the morning for Japan but it makes sense for Yu to do it of a night so more people in the west watch.

It's 3am? Ugh, even worse. At least it's not too late for the American audiences.
Definitely prime-time here on the West Coast in the US.

Looking forward to it! I think this is the best thing to happen to the campaign since the jacket. Hope it makes the front page of Twitch!
by Erevador
Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

US prime time. Fair enough. I'm happy for our American friends. I'll pass on this one but maybe some one will record it. Next time, they might be able to do it at a little later time so the audience in Europe can watch it. :)

It will be instantly available as a VOD on twitch the second that the broadcast finishes. :)
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We know what rapport system is (old YS interview)

I was thinking of an old YS interview and yeah, we know what rapport is.

He talks about it here:

JM: I play games to do things I can't do in real life. Do you think games have become too real? If you were to do Shenmue 3, for example, would you take the same approach and make it super realistic, or would you take a different approach?

YS: The concept for Shenmue 3 already exists, so... [Laughs] The world of Shenmue 1 and 2 expanded outward. So, for example, in the original games, of all the data used for dialogue in the game, the main characters' dialogue was about 20%. The remaining 80% was dialogue by characters other than the two main characters. But Shenmue 3 doesn't expand outward, but inward. A lot of the dialogue is used for the main character and especially dialogue with Shenhua. They talk about a lot of different, deeper things. For example, and I can't say too much, but here's an example.

This is not actually in the game, but as an example to give you an idea of what I mean by deeper dialogue, when Shenhua and Ryo are at home, Shenhua will ask Ryo if he would like to drink tea or coffee and the player will select one or the other. Or, Shenhua will ask Ryo a hypothetical question like: "There are four animals; a monkey, cat, dog and bird. You are crossing the river but you need to leave one behind. Which one will you leave behind?" And the player has to choose one. Shenhua will ask lots and lots of questions like these and the answers will get stored in the game and affect the outcome of the player's relationship with other characters. It's like a personality test. For example, the person who leaves behind the monkey is the type of person who leaves their wife.

TH: That's scary. [Laughs]

JM: So it's more organic, and very contextual. Personally, I would leave the bird behind. The bird can fly across the river.

YS: It's very deep. I think it will be very interesting if it happens.
http://www.1up.com/features/disappearance-suzuki-part-2
by Himuro
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We know what rapport system is (old YS interview)

If you replay Shenmue II DISC 4 you can see this in its infancy. You have actual dialogue options in DISC 4, and Shenhua asks Ryo personal questions. It seems in 3, those questions get deeper, more personal, and affect how people react to you but it still sounds like a general continuation from what disc 4 already achieved.
by Himuro
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 5 m is not enough

At this point, it doesn't have to reach $10M, but the closest it is to $10M, the better. So we need to push the KS to it's limits.
by Rikitatsu
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 5 m is not enough

For Christ's sake, could you please wait for the Kickstarter to finish, first? No offence here, but the panicking over here is starting to go over the top. Pour into the KS as much as you can, wait for it to finish. Await Ys Net's statement on it.

If, after July 18 you should still think we have made too little money, I reckon you will be warmly welcome to make your monthly contribution to Ys Net via Paypal.
by Hyo Razuki
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim Ryan (Head of Sony Europe) discussing Shenmue

Hi,

I don't think this has been posted on here yet but a UK gaming site called Gamecentral discussed Shenmue 3 with Jim Ryan. It's only been published today but looks like it was actually not long after the announcement as he's very evasive!

If you click on the link for the full interview he actually says FFVII and Shenmue have histories of successful publishing implying he's not concerned about their success whereas he is for Last Guardian which I found quite interesting.

GC: And speaking of Shemue III, were you implying that you were going to help fund the game yourselves as well? Because the original cost $70 million back in 2000, so $2 million today is clearly not going to go very far.

JR: No… I… don’t think there was any…

GC: You’re not helping out financially at all?

JR: No… well, there was no statement made about it. But that’s not to say that we’re not helping out.

GC: So if Yu Suzuki comes along and says he needs another $20 million in order to finish it, would you be open to that?

JR: That’s not what I’m saying.

GC: What kind of help are you contemplating then?

JR: All…

GC: If he came in begging on his knees saying, ‘Jim help me! The Tomato store needs more gashapon machines and I haven’t got the money to add them…’ Surely you wouldn’t turn him away?

JR: [laughs] I think last night should be taken at face value for what it was, which was an attempt to help the guy out – and obviously a game that’s hopefully gonna add value to our platform. But because there was no statement about us supporting it doesn’t necessarily mean that’s the case.

GC: That’s fine. Okay, sorry I know I’m using up your valuable spare time. But great to speak to you, as always.

JR: I always like to find time for you, David.

Note: Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida recently clarified that Sony would ‘add funding and other support’ if Shenmue III’s Kickstarter was successful, which it has been. It seems obvious that Ryan knew this, but was hesitant of saying more unless their was an official statement.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/25/ps4-boss-jim-ryan-e3-2015-interview-theres-always-a-lunatic-fringe-5266049/#ixzz3e648xaDv
by joka
Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jim Ryan (Head of Sony Europe) discussing Shenmue

Sounds like an interview I don't want to see, or read again.
by Peter
Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Relationships in Shenmue III

Thief wrote: Either Ryo is gay or he isn't -- none of this PC everybody needs to be included crap.

Why not? What if you find out Shenhua is genderfluid or Lan Di is gay? It wouldn't effect the story at all. Big whoop! Try to be more open-minded, friend.
by GoldenLotus
Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue: New stretch goals announced

Peter wrote: Yea so basically this games gonna have none of that :lol:

with that attitude we wont. we need to get everyone involved with $30 on the third. please spread the word.
by benayun88
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 - All stretch goals announced.....

I am still baffled by languages consuming almost a fifth of the budgets finances. How about making the game to the best of its potential BEFORE adding in languages!! A lot of those countries speak English anyways!!

with that attitude we wont. we need to get everyone involved with $30 on the third. please spread the word.

It was a joke ffs. Away and have a Snickers.....
by Peter
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic