Search found more than 1327 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

Is English your second language? He was saying these things:

- The models in Shenmue are relatively basic shapes.
- The textures used in Shenmue are what give the models life.

This is true in every video game. A wooden textures table is going to look better than just a straight-up brown table. He didn't talk about every aspect of Shenmue at all, and you don't need to be Yu Suzuki to know this shit anyway.

EDIT: And I'm not basing any of my knowledge on the post of another's. Not only is that absurd, but it also explains your inverted idea of what knowledge is.
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Chapter 2 Recruitment [UPDATED: 17/10/2012]

Roles Available

Concept Artist
It will be up to you to create our Art Bible. The devil's in the details, and we need those details. You'll be required to do a little bit of research in order to nail down that Shenmue style, and give the boat, amongst other things, a certain level of authenticity.

Mapper
We have basic layouts, but we need layouts fit for a game. You need to be highly versatile, able to make multiple changes throughout the project to incorporate any gameplay segments that are cut from or added to the game.

How to Apply

Please don't apply in this topic. I want you to PM me. Tell me what you're good at, what you're not good at, how much time you have, when you can work on it, when you can't work on it, and above all, show me how determined you are. I care for determination just as much as I do for skill. I'll review your application, and let you know whether or not you're successful (which you likely will be by default anyway) Your first task will be given within the next few days of being invited to the project, along with your account privilege upgrade.

Future Roles

Keep your eye on this topic, because more roles will become available in the very near future.

In the meantime, feel free to say what you like, pitching ideas or discussing the project itself. And FYI, this is not one of those projects that won't come to fruition. If I can't build a team on the Dojo, I will build one elsewhere, but this project is happening, and it will be completed, but it will take a long time, and the team will require encouragement and support from the community that they're doing this for.

Thank you.
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

That shit's happenin to me right now. Not because of the Dojo, but because the missus won't leave me the fuck alone. I mean, seriously, do couples really have to be in the same room as eachother every single second of the day? Do people not realise that bein in the same room as someone workin is a huge distraction? ESPECIALLY when they've put the fucking TV on!!!
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

Noel Gallagher, Nas, Rakim... Man I love your taste in music.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your favorite SEGA Console

Dreamcast all the way. But I still maintain that Master System > Mega Drive.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How Virtua Fighter saved the PSX

What's all this "saved" shit? "Made" is the most appropriate word.
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Music: Do it Justice

I know that shit you pleb, I ain't sayin headphones are definitively the best means to listen to music, I'm askin through which way do you think certain tracks are best listened through? Jesus Christ man, have a bit of common sense you whoppa!
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The new Robocop suit

There's actually a few references to RoboCop in DE:HR. As for the suit though, I honestly don't think it needed changing. Didn't need a reboot anyway, woulda made more sense to go the Terminator route and kick-off a new series set in the same universes (with multiple RoboCops!)
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Haha! Innit. Like recommending Age of Empires to someone on the basis that they like Kinect Sports...
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Attachments

Done.
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watch it every Christmas Eve without fail. Fucking brilliant film, and the humour's only rivalled by Blind Pierre's scene in Treasure Island. One thing that always pissed me off though...

"Do people play games at Christmas?"
"I love games!"

HE DIDN'T ASK THAT, NOW ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION YOU THIRTY FOOT PEDO!!!
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Martin, I just read your post, and I gotta ask... Were you pissed when you wrote it? Fair enough, you can see both sides of the argument, but the whole thing reads like you're proving yourself wrong. Either that or you have MPD.

I mean, to say that you question the notion that Capcome betrayed RE's core fan base, and then explain why they have betrayed them doesn't really make any sense...
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki should be ashamedof himself!

I remember ryohazuki, surprised nobody else does... Anyway, I actually kinda agree. Yu should at least come out and say what happened, how hard he's tried to get 3 kicked off n shit. I think he owes us that at least.
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

I keep wantin to go back to Xenoblade, but every time I do it just seems like a chore leveling up n shit n doin all the side-quests. I also don't like how they made it out to be this huge world, when in reality it just seems like they made a normal-sized one, shrunk the character models, and gave them slow movements so it seemed big. Nice technique n'all, but I'm just completely disillusioned with it. I was thinkin about gettin it for the PC instead because the quality on the Wii's pretty damn appalling, but I really can't be arsed playin through it all again. I'll go back to it eventually, but it was just such a huge disappointment despite the massive potential. If only they saved it for the Wii-U or it was released on the 360...
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tokyo Game Show 2012

Then lead the revolution.
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

lol, clash like Titans. More like two flies.
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All sports games should release a game ever 2-3 years, do shitloads of DLC for peeps who wanna keep up to date n shit, and leave enough time to make vast improvements per game. In an ideal world.
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is this a good PC?

It's not so much as em bein fitted like that, more like the cables are all bunched up in the way. It's almost as if they purposely make it a pain in the arse for you. Don't worry though, it's easily sorted out. Just don't be afraid to crack open your computer. People treat em like they're proper delicate n shit, but they ain't.

Most of it's pretty straight-forward, and you learn through findin the right connections (the process is practically like those shape-fittin toys for babies n toddlers) It'll take some intentional effort to break summat, so the most damage you'll possibly do is not plug something back in right. Even then, you just open it back up n correct the mistake.

Don't be afraid of cables either, they ain't gonna snap or owt. You gotta remember that all this shit is designed to withstand this kinda shit. Just trust me, open up your computer, take a few pictures, and tell me where you reckon the card's gonna go and if there's owt in the way. If you wanna upgrade this thing now n in the future, you're gonna have to learn how.
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Billie Joe Armstrong losing his cool.

That's rock artists for you... That self-righteous feeling of entitlement. Been around since 88? What, so that means you're above Usher? Not only is Usher more relevant to modern day Popular Music, he's more relevant in his own genre than Green Day are in theirs. Arrogant cunts. I hate Bieber, but even I'd buzz if he just came out n bullied the fuck out of him now. Make-up wearing hippie twat.
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TWITTER

Yeah, but it's still a shit name for a football team. I know you're all a little (l)imp wrist in Lincoln (see what I did there? And you could actually use "The Lincoln Limp Wrists" too!), but Jesus Christ, it sounds more like the name for an online chess team. Change the name mate, for everyone's sakes.
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Games you periodically re-visit

Shenmue, Sonic Adventure, Pokemon Red, GTA: SA, the Splinter Cell games, Age of Empires II, Football Manager series, FIFA series, Fable series... basically any game I consider to be a favourite I'll revisit.
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Promotional marketing idea's for Shenmue HD

Their? THEIR? IT'S FUCKING THERE!!!
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt's new project (no pun intende

I hate that topic with a passion. Too broad a spectrum for it's existence to be justified. It's like a single topic for video games on a technology forum.
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hitman Series

I dunno about DTR or Turok, but I've played the demo for BD, and whilst it has some nice elements that would specifically work for single player, the multiplayer for that seems natural. Especially considering it's a cover-shooter. One thing in particular that would work well for BD Online (if it isn't already) is taking your team and going toe-to-toe with another person's team. The idea would be that your standing with your team in Single Player would run parallel to Multiplayer, so it gives you the incentive to build up as much trust (or whatever) throughout the campaign if you're to be successful online.

Anyway, I wasn't aiming that at you OL, it's something that I see a lot of on the internet, and your mention of it just reminded me that it's summat I wanted to discuss on here (albeit, shoulda done it in the GTOTD topic) Still, I would welcome an online multiplayer Hitman in that you have to assassinate your opponent in a certain way, whilst at the same time avoiding your persuer (basically, AC's idea, but more fleshed out) Disguises, size of the map, and number of unique NPCs would make for a brilliant online gaming experience, and one that I'd probably play over and over again til my eyes bleed.
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hitman Series

Is it me, or does this just feel like a conversation between us three?
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Fable Series

Nah, I reckon peeps are too harsh when it comes to Fable. They moan about what it should be rather than appreciating what it is... just a simplistic game to run through. I like challenging games, love my stealth shit, but sometimes I just wanna hack n slash through hordes with a little RPG element to it and a decent enough story. The Fable series has never set the industry alight, but it's enjoyable enough for me to like it, and that's all that matters really. If I wanted more in-depth gameplay, I'd play another game.
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, just been PMin Riku about our next bullying strategy... Simple thing is, you're saying it's useless, which isn't an opinion, it's just flat out wrong, and you're calling people who use it sheep. Again, wrong. If anything, that's just generalising everyone, and pretty much insulting half the peeps on here.

The worst thing is how you've been the reason behind many a locked topic, be it by your own mouse when you were a member of staff, or by baiting and stirring the pot. It's not on mate, coz plenty of topics are gettin derailed by you, and you need to cut it out, coz in spite of shit that's gone down over the last couple of years, you can be a brilliant contributor when you want to be.
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Celebrities reaching out to their fans, networking to boost business, posting news? Very useless...
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, all celebs have someone post for them... And they never give out info like tour dates, up-to-date-by-the-second news of who they're working with for their new album, or interesting facts or opinions about their current or previous work.

Yet another invalid opinion from anti-mainstreamists who look down their noses on anything popular. I'm sure a person who starts topics titled "Dev Comment of the Day" and "Gaming Thoughts of the Day" would have no interest in such a site...
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your personal saddest moments in Gaming *SPOILERS*

Being forced to kill in Conviction.
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No, no, no, no, youz have got it all wrong. The industry's biggest problem, that thing that it's missing is REAL FUCKING STEALTH GAMES. I still feel cheated about bein tricked into buyin Assassin's Creed coz it was billed as a stealth game (despite lovin it)

The only time I wanna feel invincible in a game is when I'm Batman, Duke Nukem, or Sonic after just poppin the relevant pod/TV. And quit it with the constant checkpoints, I want a sense of peril when playin games, not "oh well, I'll just reload from my checkpoint five seconds back", they're makin games too easy so there's relatively little challenge anymore (also one of the main reasons online gaming has taken over this gen)

I'm playin Deus Ex: HR right now on Give Me Deus Ex, and it's just too easy. I've won every trophy and award possible on FM 2012 for the last two seasons runnin. I only ever died on RDR by accidentally jumpin off a cliff or goin too far into water. They're just too much of a breeze.

I remember gettin frustrated as fuck on the final level on Sonic 1 for the MS, no rings, three lives, one hit and I'm dead, no saves. It was tense as fuck, and you'd have to keep it turned on overnight if you want another crack at it. That shit was challengin. Nowadays, the only ones that do pose any sort of challenge are either too unappealing or absolute shite. They need to take that same shit and inject it into games that people actually give a damn about.
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega sure seems to really be popping them out now

Besides that, they know that almost everyone who liked Shenmue still owns a copy coz we're all sad cunts with no lives who can't let go. And they probably saw us type "fuck SEGA" over the whole thing so many times that they're thinkin "well fuck you too, skint arse fanboys....."

Or they should, at least.
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"No Idea's Original
There's nothin new under the sun
It's never what you do but how it's done"
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dorian, serious question. Most of your discussions as of late just seem to involve copying and pasting. I gotta ask, when asked something in person, do you feel the urge to make the finger movements for "ctrl+V"?

Disclaimer: In the event that this post is accused of derailing the topic, it blatantly isn't a serious question.
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dorian, serious question. Most of your discussions as of late just seem to involve copying and pasting. I gotta ask, when asked something in person, do you feel the urge to make the finger movements for "ctrl+V"?

Disclaimer: In the event that this post is accused of derailing the topic, it blatantly isn't a serious question.
As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Have you got a GIF that involves someone leaving a room? I'd like you to post it on my behalf to represent your sense of humour. Or a simple picture of an empty room should suffice. It'd probably be more accurate too.
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My first ever post on the Dojo...

...I can't seem to find my first account. Must've been deleted. Anyway, here's my first posts from my following accounts:

First of all, it's good to be back. Even though I know none o yasll remember me...

Anyway, here's why it's gonna be NiGHTS for the Wii:

- Condemned may have a loyal fanbase, but the game hasn't reached cult status. I think it's safe to say that that's what they were getting at with the announcement.
- Ever since Sonic Adventure, SEGA have been throwing NiGHTS a cameo appearance here and there. Now that a console's out of the perfect fit for the style of gameplay (the Wii if you're a bit blazed), they know it's time.
- Shenmue III is too big for SEGA to handle yet, let alone tease a very angry crowd about. They need to really get back to the very top of the pack (and I mean financially) before they can cope with both 3 & Online.
- Plus, with the development of Shenmue Online, there may have to be changes made to the remaining... what is it? 12 chapters? Anyway, point is, Yu may be re-writing it to fit in with Shenmue's online world, which would mean we'd have to wait 'til it's finished. And we don't even know if he'd finished writing the whole thing anyway.

However, looking at the Shenmue Online trailer, it is obvious that Suzuki has developed the story a lot more, and may have got carried away to the point of thinkin "fuck it, I love it, they want it, let's do it". Hopefully the child inside him has kicked him in de nuuuttzz, and the man inside him has realised just how much power he has at SEGA and decided to do something about it.

I do believe looking at Shenmue Online that it is the right time for Shenmue III, but that could just be coz I'm like you lot and feel a gapin hole in my heart where the next installment should fit.

Despite puttin the downer on youz though, I'm gonna stay optimistic in my heart, but be a very realistic pessimist in my mind.

EDIT: ...or who knows? Maybe it could be an unexpected game like Sonic Adventure 3. Now that would be good if they really put their mind to it...

Just subtitles.

Sorry munichs, you lose.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41242000/jpg/_41242421_munich203.jpg
http://www.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/75098183.jpg

You make me sad. :(

Hip-Hop

Birty2k: First person I ever spoke to on here, and appropriately so considering the guy's a Blue . Just such a shame the guy's from bleedin Ashton...

Clint: The Dojo Muscle, and guaranteed to out-shout you in an argument.

Erin: She gave us the lump of turd that is Shenmue Zero, but she's still cool.

FRAISER: The straight man to my act. Couldn't have become such a character without him. You'd be surprised to know that he's actually an alright guy. And still sane too.

GREATMADMAN: Possibly the only moderator on this whole site that takes his position seriously. If he wasn't such an advocate of the BNP, I'd be okay with the guy having power.

Hazuki Legend: The one guy who you know you can party with. The only thing is, between the hottie and the uggo, guaranteed this guy will be the one who gets the hottie.

Henry Spencer: Dude's so laid back it's a joke. He's just that guy who's always sat on the settee, not always paying attention, but always noticed.

Joe Pesci: Who could ever forget this guy? His name is perfect. Just like that scene with Joe Pesci in Goodfellas. He'll bully the fuck outta you. He'll make you feel uneasy, insecure, and ready to jump on the suicide train, but at the end of the day, he's just fuckin wit ya!

Kenny: The Dojo Spielberg. Still awaiting his big-screen adaptation of the Shenmue Dojo.

K i b a : Similar to Joe Pesci, but he won't insult you. No. He'll insult your beliefs. He's a Christian with an Atheist mentality. Yet, again, he's just fucking wit ya! Or is he...? Oh, and no one can write a post longer than his.

Kiyuu: The Sensei of the Dojo. Nobody is more knowledgeable on the game that brought us together. Sometimes I think she is the living embodiment of Suzuki-san's masterpiece.

Martin: Rarely puts in an appearance, but when he does, he always has something worthwhile to say. I actually rate him as the smartest dude on here, as he's got that perfect blend of intelligence and common sense, and both come in high doses. Man, if I were a faggot...

NeoShredder: First guy I had a flame battle with. Not surprising really, considering I had a chav-esque photo for my profile picture, and he was - and still is - Daniel Radcliffe's stand-in for the Harry Potter films.

Orange Lightning : When we move, this guy needs a custom profile. He deserves it. His subtle, loveable arrogance is something that this place can't live without.

Riku: Cool kid. If I ever had to take on a protege, I reckon I'd pick this guy. He has a lot of potential.

Ryudo : What can I say? The dude pretty much owns the Dojo, whether you like him or not.

SpringChick : Never really interacted with my Technicolour Sister too much, but she's cool. Plus, we don't have many girls on here, so let's thank fuck for the fact that she's a hottie.

Yusuke: Haven't know the kid too long, but he's still a legend by default. He's the kinda character that certifies a forum as a haven.

TEEPO: A legend before my time. Can't believe I was ready to go text toe to toe text with him.

VGAce: The last of the (actual) moderators. Took his job even more seriously than GREATMADMAN. Never liked the guy, but he deserves a shout-out in the wake of his extinction.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: soccer

Hilarious. I remember on Title Day last season, he said that all games should finish at the same time.
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had to do that myself last year. Took fucking ages. I said I'd do the same for my missus, then opened up a massive fuck off folder full of cluttered files and stupid arse names for some Wigan Pier dance music n shit. Fuck. That.
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This Gen is in the twilight so it's time to reflect

The Wii only 'won' on sales because of blind purchases. Nearly everyone I know owns a Wii, and none of them use it, whilst they're constantly on their PS3s n 360s. Nintendo may (have) pose(d) a threat in the "console war", but as far as games go, they're more likely to be purchased on an Xbox or PlayStation.
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next Xbox news

I don't give a fuck if it was announced tonight, I'm gonna continue to deny it out of fear that my 360 will overhear, go all suicidal, and make me shell out for another one.

But yeah, I know it's comin soon. 343 practically said that Halo 5 will be a launch title and Halo 4's gonna be the 360's swan song. What really pissed me off about them is that they were saying that Halo 4 will reach the pinnacle of the 360's capabilities. So, what, they're just gonna reach the peak of the console's performance and then that's it? No barriage of immense games, just half-arsed shit churned out while everyone focusses on next gen? Dick eds.
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DLC's actually one of my favourite things this gen. Always loved expansion packs, and it's about time it went mainstream with consoles.
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tbh Axm, I'm with Bluecast and Dorian on this one. They're pretty blatant examples of the average consumer, and therefore must be correct.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This Gen is in the twilight so it's time to reflect

Online Activity on Current Gen vs Sales Figures and Projected Sales Figures of Next Gen will dictate it. Mark my words...

...with tippex if I'm wrong.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As much as I'd love that to change, the cliched saying is true 90% of the time. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. That goes for any form of power. And you really can't expect that 10% to be able to run a country, as the majority would just be pussies anyway.

So long as we aren't being executed, downtrodden, or left vulnerable to attacks from other nations, a government has got the basic principles right. Revolution is a word that's thrown around a lot on the internet, but it'd take something huge and quite blatantly noticeable to warrant revolution.
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A revolution? And change what?
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic