Search found 393 matches

Return

Re: Why does Shenmue remind me of the holidays?

Ha, yeah I feel CJ on this. It's funny how this old game can invoke different feelings and emotions within us. I often think of Shenmue whenever I travel abroad or even see a plane in the sky. It's partly thanks to those wonderful moments in S2 when the game luxuriously takes the time to pause everything and interrupt your rushing about, just to show a scene of Ryo gazing up at a passing plane. Those scenes combined with the overall strong "gaming tourism" vibe of the series, definitely left an impact on my much younger self who at the time had yet to travel abroad or step foot on plane. I guess I kind of felt Ryo was just like me looking up at those planes and wondering where they could be going, or what it must be like to be on one.

So in a way Shenmue is synonymous with all holidays abroad for me, but I definitely feel you about the Christmas vibe too.
by mue 26
Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

^Love that song! One of my favourites on the soundtrack. The whole Wolf's Rain soundtrack in one of favourite anime one's in general though.

Lets keep the theme going:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyonKICxibU[/youtube]
by mue 26
Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Assassins Creed Series

Yeah, I really liked LA Noire, personally. It also made a lot more sense when it was revealed that the "doubt" dialogue option was originally meant to be "force" :lol:, in case anyone was wondering why Phelps gets so aggressive. I always liked how much of an angry nutcase Phelps was though, it made him much more interesting then your usual game character. Oh and the level of period detail in the game is pretty much unrivalled, it's kind of Shenmue-esque in that sense at least.
by mue 26
Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Topic

happy birthday fella. Glad I retain my title as youngest member

Yeah, our beeds is a proper little nipper like. Though, he's mentally as jaded, bitter and lethargic as the best of us, so fair dos. But, it must surely have been weird to have grown up in the properly "digital age", I bet beeds has been blogging since he was 16. In my day, we took to streets in our little flat caps and soot covered faces and played football with a old pigs bladder....good times.
by mue 26
Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: XBox mag: Why Shenmue III is a bad idea

ALSO, by adding to the THING universe, it is saying that The Original Thing was incomplete or not good enough in certain respects. Maybe it wasn't, maybe new technology can improve certain things but that is beside the point... All art, all medias reflect the zeitgeist of their creation, it is what makes them what they are. And you simply cannot remake the past. All things should be left there as we move forward with originality or clever re-appropriation (adapting novels, philosophical ideas, debates etc...)

I used to be relaxed about remakes but when you really study media theory and all its subtext you begin to see how abhorrent the idea of a remake is... It is IP rape.... trading on an established name for money simply because they can't be creative enough to come up with something original...I am being purposefully harsh there because many remakes are created with the right intentions but i am more talking about the ideal of remakes....

Film Adapted from film is like eating your own tail. Thematic cannibalism is fine, make a film about cabin fever and trust but don't borrow wholesale...

Well...I hate to say it, but Kiba seems to have taken all the wind out of the "remake is IP rape" argument. As he is indeed right, the movie that you were so disturbed about being remade....was already a remake...

Not that I necessarily disagree with your point about wholesale remake's being poo generally speaking, however, my point was just: So what if they are poo? Forget about "IP rape" and all these dramatic terms, and you'll find that your appreciation for the original doesn't change one iota. If you just treat a modern or foreign remake for what it is- an entirely different piece of work- how can it bother anyone? If you saw some unofficial and cheap fan made remake of The Thing, would it have bothered you as much? It seems to me, that under certain circumstances people seem to (almost deliberately) make the task of distinguishing between two different pieces of work harder than it should be. Rip offs will always exist, it's how you view them that matters.

However, this is quite all beside the point, as in Shenmue's case the situation is a bit different. So OK, I admit, if it turns out that in Shenmue 3 Yu Suzuki's long awaited end game is Ryo reaching the end of his journey only to find it was only all a dream, yeah, it would be more difficult not to have your perception of the last two games altered (though it still wouldn't effect my love. As I seem to be quite good at not letting anything tarnish the things I love), but at least I would know that I had experienced Yu's saga in it's entirety . At least I now know .

But in reality, predicting what the game would be like is pointless, because none of us know what it would be like. Wouldn't you be willing to risk the unknown, to risk the chance of bitter disappointment or total elation, for Shenmue 3? Is it not cowardly to desire the story remain incomplete, just in case your hopes are dashed?

A victory is only sweet when it wasn't certain.
by mue 26
Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: XBox mag: Why Shenmue III is a bad idea

Also, your two paragraphs about shenmue are very good (you continue to display a balanced head)

Oh ahaha, stop it now, your too kind. Me, balanced headed? Pshh, Never. Do tell me more...

One half of me is playing devils advocate (although I do firmly dissuade from most modern-day videogame tropes) the other is taking ownership of my subjective experience of Shenmue... It ended at 2. perfectly.

I do feel you on these points, especially the last part about taking ownership over your Shenmue experience. As really, we should be incredibly happy with what we've already got, and if Shenmue 2 is really to be the end of the saga, then it did truly end perfectly, when viewed in the correct light. But even though it's been over a decade now, I can't quite accept that fully yet, I still hold out too much hope (even it's foolish and painful) for a Shenmue 3 to be able see things exactly that way right now. I guess I try to find the balance between being fully content with what we've already got, yet still remaining optimistic about the last part being on the way. Maybe it's not possible to be fully content with what we've got when I'm still expecting more, but I try.
by mue 26
Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rare Shenmue II DC video?

That's when I started watching over Shenmue.

I love this mental image of Kiyuu being the guardian watching down from on high over the entire Shenmue franchise. Especially as I already considered Kiyuu a Dark Knight-esque character wacthing down over the dojo.

http://i.imgur.com/ty4nN.jpg
by mue 26
Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The women!

Taking this thread in a slightly different direction, women...I love women, but why do romances always get more complicated than they have any right to be? I can't really say anything as cliché as "I'm a simple man", because well...I'm probably not, I'm probably quite complicated and paradoxical in may ways to be honest. But I'm at least unfalteringly frank when it comes to expressing emotion and feelings to a romantic partner. And that's all I ask in return, sincerity. The most important quality as far as I am concerned. But it becomes increasingly clear that what I had found in someone was blatantly not true sincerity, and then I want to run away from that person as fast as I can, but another part of myself (and other people, who tell me that I "expect too much")tries to convince me that I just need to look a bit harder and I'll find that connection I'm looking for in that person. And I end up utterly confused, wondering why the hell I even bothered in the first place.

And to make matters worse, due to the highly unusual circumstances (that I shan't go into) surrounding the origins of this relationship, I think I'm like properly heartbroken, for probably the first time in my life. Is it really so hard to find someone who truly understands me, and doesn't just pretend to?

I just feel so utterly distracted now, I don't need any of this, I just need to focus on training and on my goals. Maybe I should give up on being such an overly romantic fool? ahahaha.

Sorry, this is probably the kind of shit that should be relegated to the "Mue's musing" thread over at Shenmue UK. It's almost as bad as the kind of crap that Beeds would blog about when he was 16.
by mue 26
Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Something from Shenmue you want for real?

and have a martial arts master like jianmin

:no: You could have the real thing if you ever get your butt back to London and tried some classes with that master I linked you too! You need not travel to HK.

On a slightly related note. This is from a very recent Tai Ji workshop last weekend in London with grand master Chen XiaoWang (and no I'm not in this pic):
http://i.imgur.com/CJPOE.jpg

Grand master CXW is the guy in the background wearing the Chinese style shirt (and the other Chinese guy in the light blue trousers is my Shifu!). He's like the real life Jianmin but a thousand times better! [/ CXW fanboy moment]

Anyway, all that aside, I think the one thing I'd most like to be real from Shenmue (that isn't already real) is Xiuying Hong! Whadda woman. One of the greatest and most unsung female characters in the gaming medium, as far as I am concerned. Whats not to love about her, she's deadly, mysterious, wise, serious, strong and elegant.

http://i.imgur.com/5vZf7.jpg

I'd air out books all day long for you Xiuying Hong!
by mue 26
Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Let's just say SIII is in development and....

Well, Shenmue 2 always felt very different from Shenmue 1 to me, and it's something that I always loved about it. But it didn't feel like it wast trying to be different just to add a few new bullet points on the back of the box, and changing things for the sake of it. It was just that the content and feel of the game was always very much dictated by the location and story, and if your moving from one country to another (and a relatively small town to a massive city, at that) then it only felt right that the two games should feel quite distinct from one another (but in a natural and perfectly flowing way).

I'd just be happy for Shenmue 3 to keep up that way of doing things, and let the location of game dictate the feel of everything in a natural way. I don't need any developers trying to make it feel like S1 or S2 to make us happy, just let the game be what it is, and what it was always meant to be.
by mue 26
Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Never Forget About Shenmue

It's a cracking article, chap! Very much pins down what the heart of Shenmue is all about. I especially agree with this last paragraph:

Home is where the heart of this often misunderstood game resides. Ryo can always regroup there and indulge in creature comforts after a rough day, he’ll have his friends and Nozomi to look out for him and a close-knit community besides, and a sense of familiarity. So when Ryo decides to depart for the sprawling, savage garden of Hong Kong, as a player living through Ryo’s experiences through the mundane and the extraordinary, you will never feel further from home.

I also agree that Shenmue's QTE's are some of the most tolerable, and dare I say even enjoyable on ocassion.
by mue 26
Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: **VOTE FOR RYO TO (possibly) APPEAR IN SASASRT**

We have until the end of the month, so everyone needs to spread the word around various gaming forums - not all Shenmue fans participate in dedicated communities like this, but are more than happy to do their bit when they're made aware of specific events.

Rllmuk again? Hahaha, I honestly don't think my soul could stand another blast of such potent cynicism and apathy. Though, as you may remember S0L posts there, and they have an active SASRT thread there, so it may be worth my while to post a lil something (and thus further reinforce my rep there as an 'ardcore Shenmue soldier :brutal2: )
by mue 26
Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: **VOTE FOR RYO TO (possibly) APPEAR IN SASASRT**

I'm not too surprised to see Miku beating Ryo..but Vectorman? Is he really that popular? I'd never even heard of him until now.
by mue 26
Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What "makes" Shenmue for you?

Yeah, what Kiba said :nice!:

I definitely think that there hasn't been another game world as delicately crafted as Shenmue's was. When people rag on Shenmue they always mention how stiff and flat Ryo is and so on. But I really don't think there's another open game world crafted with a such a sensitive eye. As Kiba mentions, it's the only game whose open world actually feels believable and familiar somehow despite being set in a different decade and country from most of us. The rude school girl's smoking cigarette's, the neighbourhood bullies, the kids playing football, the creepy guy smoking cigarettes in the park while watching the kids play ( :P ), and the fact Ryo only gets an allowance (unless he gets a job) and has a curfue. It's familiar to us all. Shenmue's Yokosuka felt like a genuine place, in equal measures charming and mundane, and not at all "gamey" (indeed, Shenmue just generally speaking isn't very "gamey"). But what Shenmue's real stroke of genius is, is the way it played the mundane off of the mystical. You just know know there's something mystical and extraordinary just below the surface, Ryo has cryptic dreams while scratching at the surface of a deep and possibly magical conspiracy involving Jade mirrors. But unlike other adventure games, that doesn't mean Ryo can just forget about reality, oh no, if he wants to fly to Hong Kong to catch his father's killer, then he's just gonna have to get a 9 to 5 and deal with the monotony of hard work. But the mundane and the monotony doesn't take away from the mystique of the game, it only serves to make mystical feel more real, more real than in other game I've ever played. And the moments the game does occasionally let you catch a real glimpse of the secret world of triads, magic and martial arts, are some of the most rewarding moments to be found in any video game as far as I am concerned.

But Shenmue was an immensely ambitious game, it's a world away from the instant gratification of modern gaming. Not only did Shenmue create a truly believable, familiar and sometimes mundane word. But it absolutely refused to treat the gamers like a child. It's clear even in the name "Shenmue". None of us knew what the hell it even meant until the very end of the second game! Same with Shenhua, she's on the box of the first game, she's in the opening cutscene, she's in Ryo's dreams, so we know she's the main heroine, but she's not really in the first game at all. Yu Suzuki makes us practically complete two huge games and play for who knows how many hours, before he finally introduces us to our mysterious leading lady. And then....the TV metaphorically cuts off and here we are a decade later still knowing so little about her. But what other game has weaved such an ambitious, rich and delicate yarn to string us along with? I was shocked when it I realised that Ryo really wasn't going to catch Lan Di and resolve things neatly by the end of the first game, and that instead he had to travel to an entirely new country and world away from what we knew in Doubita.

There's so much that makes these games special. No game has even depicted the far east with such a fine eye, riffing off of both the reality, and those special mystical qualities that have always made that part of world so intriguing for many, and the game achieves a near perfect balance.

It's for all these reasons I think Shenmue can appeal to people who might not typically be gamers.

Oh man, sorry, I've evidently gone into gushing mode :oops:
by mue 26
Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Salute

I fucking love this guy. He's the kind of man I want to grow up to be like when I'm older. He's also something of a myth to me, a dojo legend that was before my time, but who you might occasionally catch a glimpse of, like a rare pokemon.

You also comes across as quite Alan Partridge-ish, the kind of guy who comes onto the dojo once in a blue moon to post a suave pic of himself sipping some white wine, proving to the dojo you've " (needless to say) had the last laugh". But in a totally awesome way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndWeuakyC70
by mue 26
Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Never Forget About Shenmue

Very good. I think some QTE's were better than others, but one of the best parts of the game was that amazing QTE escape in Kowloon with Ren. That is still probably the most cinematic experience in any game I've ever played.

Yeah, and don't forget the final strike to Dou Niu.
Oh my god, I jumped from the chair watching it at first time saying "GAIMOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN CHOCHUUUUU!!!!!" :rotflmao:

I was only 16 :lol:

I still remember it as the most epic strike in my videogame history.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MB0ANeCXKIU/TtzoqQD-DVI/AAAAAAAACOg/gBpI3fnnRbk/s1600/Counter%2Belbow%2Bassault.jpg

Oh man, It's been so long since I've played Shenmue 2. Now that I see that picture, that's a proper traditional Bajiquan move Ryo is doing there. Haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6v6saJcUaQ

Go to 2.32

Gah, all Baji people love that move. It is pretty good move though.
by mue 26
Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Well Far Cry 3 is sounding excellent. 10/10 from EG. I don't usually like FPS's that much, but I did like FC2, and I like the sound of this too.

Perhaps this will help us forget about Hitman Abomination?
by mue 26
Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well I wouldn't go so far as to say he's being "whiny," I just seriously doubt the game is so far removed from the old games that it qualifies as an "abomination". Looks like a damn fine game to me, whether the occasional target is killed in a cutscene or not (I know, that's only one of the problems people have cited, but I'm being pithy so as not to ramble).

http://i.imgur.com/zsoQw.jpg

How much Mountain Dew did they give you? :P
by mue 26
Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unpopular Opinions

And you cannot blame the current state of Africa on the slave trade. Certain, and often major parts of Africa's history on a whole remains to this day rather sketchy, because - as Gil Scott-Heron so eloquently and sarcastically stated - "nothin was written down on paper."

No, you can absolutely link much of the trouble Africa faces today on what the destructive forces of Europe and America did. This really is factual. And the legacy of the slave trade is still with us today. There have been no reparations made for this HUGE debt to the African people owed by America and Europe, and that debt of life is the real debt that countries like America (which was built by slaves) owe, forget all this deficit BS. African countries are now dealing with the issues that colonisation left them with, and are now also facing neo-imperialism.

And there is actually plenty of recorded history of Africa and it's many empires, rich culture, art , ect.
by mue 26
Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue retrospective

Quite a good article. We've been lucky to have two very good retrospectives lately :)

Roll on the Shenmue 2 retrospectives I say. There never were enough (and can never be enough) retrospective's on Muey 2 :)
by mue 26
Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue retrospective

I preferred the other recent article, IAmNotABot's, where the passion flowed off the page. This one's a little more restrained, written in a self-conscious style of forced analysis that barely reflects his motivation for such a pilgrimage. If you want to convert a non-believer, show them the other one first.

This. I preferred the Iamnotabot's one too. The EG one definitely comes across as a lot more self conscious and forced, almost pretentious at times. It may please a faux-arty/intellectual gamer more, but as you rightly pointed out it's nowhere near natural or impassioned as Bot's, and most importantly, it doesn't really capture the heart of Shenmue as well. I got a bit annoyed of the EG guy constantly describing Yokosuka as "dull", I mean yeah sure there are a lot of mundane elements about it, but he seemed to almost completely ignore the wildly colourful, flamboyant and mystic side of Yokosuka. What about the vivid and rich colours, what about Tom with his dancing dreads and hotdogs, what about the crazy guy with the pompadour, what about the trip to the secret basement at the Hazuki dojo? He even claims the dub is disconnected and detached, well yeah Ryo is, but what about the rest of the delightfully campy dub? The appeal of Shenmue for many was as much it's flamboyance as it's grounded nature, and the author definitely seemed to dismiss this flamboyance. It would have given me the wrong idea about the game if I had read this before playing the it. And yeah, you'd wonder why the author wanted to go to travel Yokosuka in the first place.

I did still enjoy reading though, but I liked Bot's one better too.
by mue 26
Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Really glad to see ryan, mue 26(chris), and south carmain (ruben) yesterday. Thanks for the good time guys. Shame I don't have more time to do it often. Now that makes 4 dojo members I've hung out with!

Yeah, big up my dawgs SC, Martian and Ryan. Good seeing you chaps at the historical first ever London Dojo meet! Shenmue fans....in real life, it was surreal but awesome.
by mue 26
Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You know, I'm surprised no one is excited at the idea that Corey Marshall will show up this weekend when I posted it. get happy.
well the first time wasn't that great, people took the piss out of him and he barely answered any questions

Yeah, Cory was a bit of a damp squib. He only answered one question. That's still something to be grateful for of course, but I thought it was a bit cheeky the way he proceeded to come back, blatantly ignore everyone's well written questions, and just try and promote whatever his "latest project" was. I say we ban him.
by mue 26
Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any other bronies on the dojo?

Don't really get the My Little Pony thing myself, but I don't really see the big problem with it either. So what if some men happen to appreciate a cartoon show with cutesy characters? It's not really anything new or that out of the ordinary.
by mue 26
Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hope you feel better soon, Sonikku!
by mue 26
Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Yu needs you!

Thanks for giving us a reply and for agreeing to take part on the 3rd Ziming.

I'll try and address your concerns though, since you were good enough to explain. The purpose of the Tweetathon, and what makes it different to previous campaigns, is that our tweets aren't for the direct attention of Sega. A lot of people do @mention Sega's account, and that's fine (as long as Sega doesn't get them suspended for spam...), but the intention is to create a high enough volume of visible unrest, concentrated on one day on a platform as public as Twitter, that even Sega's higher-ups become acutely aware of how their company looks when they ignore the fans.

This is the entire point of our campaign, Ziming. It's not just about shouting at the brick wall that is Sega, it's about appealing to the rest of the world (NOT just existing Shenmue fans), and if we can get enough other people to listen to us then Sega will no choice but to take heed. Sure they can ignore a few hundred or even a few thousand Shenmue fans easily, but they can't ignore their image being significantly tarnished on a very public forum. Who knows, it may be just enough to finally push them over the edge and get them to at least release Shenmue HD.

It's important people understand this, as it's the core premise of this campiagn. We are not just appealing to Sega.

Also, where the hell did this Jack Burton geez come from? This is the first time I've seen him post, and what a knowledge bomb of a first post it was. :nice!:
by mue 26
Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Yu needs you!

Sounds like a job for you, mue26!

Ay, I would, as I think I've just about gotten over the horrors I saw down in the trenches of rllmuk...but alas Neogaf won't let me register as I have a "free email account". What the hell.

I have, however, taken the opportunity to briefly bring up the campaign on Statueforum yet again. Both bumping my og thread and mentioning the campaign in the dedicated thread they now have for the statue.
by mue 26
Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue II named one of the "worst" endings of all time

Yeah, it's only on that list because it's not a real ending. Imagine if Digital Devil Saga on the PS2 (for anyone who's played it) stopped after the first game. It would have been a woefully incomplete and inadequate story. It's only after having the context of the superb sequel that a true appreciation of the first game's story telling can come about.

It's rare in gaming to have stories that are actually explicitly planned and intended to span more than one game. Sometimes game's "leave it open" for a sequel, but that's not the same, that's just lazy. You could say the Assassins Creed series have always ended on cliff hangers, but I don't think that counts either, I don't think Ubi ever plan to provide closure (or even know where the hell the story is going), rather just wish to continually string people along year after year.
by mue 26
Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

I've been playing a bit of El Shaddai recently. It's pretty great. It seems like every Japanese action game has been looking towards the Bible for inspiration when it comes to monsters for the longest time now, usually throwing a few deformed cherubs in our direction to slaughter or something. So I think it's only right that El Shaddai takes the biblical influence to it's apogee, and then coats it all in a beautiful psychedelic shell. The actual combat is decent enough, but it's all the trippy surprises the game keeps throwing at me that I'm really enjoying so far.
by mue 26
Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It actually amazes me that somehow, somehow Piers Morgan actually managed to transform himself into some sort of pseudo TV personality and international celebrity. He's the smarmiest of the smarmiest.
by mue 26
Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

Neo Matrix...where are you bro? We miss you, well at least I miss you :(
by mue 26
Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

It sounds like things are really going well for you there, Ryu. :)

The problem is we've created a business of trying to make people feel inadequate enough that they have to spend money on a variety of products and take measures to change their appearance to be more in line with what the media bombards us with as the target look constantly. Yet, the girls you see on magazine covers don't even really exist themselves. They're all the products of photoshop and editing software. Living up to these false idols is an impossible carrot on the stick climb to buy and kill yourself into making yourself into something you're not.

True words.
by mue 26
Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo Awards 2012 Final Results

^Sometimes I really do wonder how spokes consistently does so well in the "Funniest member" category... :P
by mue 26
Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is any other gaming franchise as much a victim of hoaxes

The thing is, it's probably Shenmue fans who make these hoaxes most of the time. They're probably just so desperate for Shenmue news that they figure fabricating some is better than none. Either that or it's just Sega, "oh whats that, you want Shenmue 3 do you fanboys, OK, oh lookie here's some news... Ooof what, it was fake, oh no what a shame. maybe send us some more capsule toys....bitches.." Seriously, they probably have a dedicated department for this.
by mue 26
Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If Shenmue HD happens

^ I don't think Shenmue is too slow paced. Sure it may not appeal to ADHD riddled kids hooked on FPS's, but I give the people of the world enough credit to be able to "get" Shenmue. I've met so many different kinds of people and gamers who really do appreciate it's slow paced and grounded nature. I think people just need easier access to it than we have right now having to rely on our creaky beloved DC's
by mue 26
Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo Hazuki Statue from First4Figures.com

I'd always be interested in any stuff, no matter who made it, as long as it's high quality. Look at what those fangamer people did with the Mother franchise, none of the merch was "official" and so was always slyly named, but to most fans their stuff (especially the lovely sculptures by Camile Young) was considered as good if not better than anything "official".
by mue 26
Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Meme depository thread

Some terrible ones in there, but some pretty good ones too haha. Martian takes the crown though, no one can make Shenmue meme's like him. Even if it was only the the strength of his signature one alone!
by mue 26
Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If Shenmue HD happens

Well said Chris. I agree that I don't think we give some of the world enough credit. Now if that's enough that could translte into profit for Sega? We'll just have to see. It'd be interesting to realease that game in today's enviornment and see the reaction it gets.

Yeah I agree, it would be really interesting to see what response it gets. As for why Sega hasn't already re-released it, well, I agree with you, it is a bit head scratching. I had a few people say to me recently "oh, it's because Shenmue would be too much hard work to re-release, and when you consider the low sales of their other recent re-releases, who can blame Sega for not bothering". But that argument just doesn't really wash for me. It may sound arrogant, but this is Shenmue we're talking about! This is not Space Channel 5 or Crazy Taxi. There aren't many games out there that have garnered the type of reverence and almost mystique that Shenmue has. There's easily a big enough market to make a Shenmue re-release worth while, I mean, think of the internet hype alone! I maintain that Sega are either planning to do it, or if not, it's because they are trying their best to let it's legacy die and stamp out the embers of desire for a sequel.
by mue 26
Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear series

I couldn't give a shit about whether Raiden is "in character" or not, personally. This game looks absolutely batshit mental...and I like it!
by mue 26
Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kiba's identity discovered:

by mue 26
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So Kiba version 121 is planning to leave us? Why? Your so much better than Kiba v120 was. You retain his/her trademark love of imperialism, Christianity and the English language, but eschew some (if not quite all) of the more unsavory aspects of his/her rhetoric as well as the irritating gimmick of black and white writing, all the while coming across as more sincere and having a more playful sense of humour.
by mue 26
Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I quite like that. Though I think I would like it more without the Shenmue 2 written on it.
by mue 26
Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hottest Emcee on the Scene Right Now

Yeah he's pretty hard. Still, he doesn't quite touch my soul like this does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrJ6ZIFyjTw

:lol: :oops: :heart:

I love this guy, how can anyone not love him? @ 2.58 he's fully blown crying in the middle of a pet shop :lol:

He also legit owns a copy of Shenmue too. :heart:
by mue 26
Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic