Search found 27 matches

Return

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Who Really Cares? wrote:Blew up my lawnmower today.

Yep, me too

by Absentia
Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBmM79YadYM[/youtube]
by Absentia
Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biohazard

I can't help to feel that recent reviews have been harsh on RE6

I've never been too fond of the series, but I do understand the need to evolve from the first installments since it just wouldn't sell these days. Granted they are trying too hard to be uncharted-esque, but that's the moneymaker nowadays.

I can also comprehend that many people have the firsts RE in high esteem and that these recent ones just aren't making them justice and I can agree that could also weight in the review, but for a game that seems a least decent (from what I gather, great graphics, decent gameplay, above average story) if it was everyother game that would have granted at least a 6 out of 10, but since it's RE the reviewers seem to be a bit hard on it, I can't see the impartiallity of it
by Absentia
Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

This was just meh
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qCsiNWeX5A[/youtube]

And the funniest, had me laughing throughout the whole video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6ZSZbNfSpk[/youtube]
by Absentia
Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Greatest Movie Death Scenes

Two of my favourite movies...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJU2cz9ytPQ[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO-VFDYy9Rk[/youtube]
by Absentia
Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grand Theft Auto Series

Bah, I don't know about you, but I couldn't care less about how enormous the world is.. I would much rather have a small and detailed world, with lots to do, but oh well

it looks like the bigger the better
by Absentia
Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Technical Issues

*goes to check to thanks count...*

*exits in shame, never to check the thanks count again*
by Absentia
Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

I have also been watching Walking Dead, currently midway through season 2
I've just finished episode 7 and it left me pretty sad, it's been a while since I've actually been invested in a series to the point of things that happen end up bumming me out, but this 7th episode really hit the spot
Now I'm going to bed and probably dream something sad
by Absentia
Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

One thing that bothers me about Walking Dead is that, while it excels in some areas, such as characters development and well executed tension inbetween the people, it can get a tad predictable in others
For example,
The time Carl goes into the forest by himself in the 11th episode
That on its own is already stupid enough, since a kid raised up in that environment, knowing the dangers of wandering alone, would know better than that
And the fact that the kid instead of just shooting the walker, he approaches it and it was painfully obvious that something was going to happen. And as the boy escaped, I already knew that that walker was going to kill someone, and since Dale was being the main character of the episode, I figured it out it was going to be him

another thing is how the whole zombie attacks are executed, more than once they go with the sneak attack and that just does not go well with the walker theme. they're not smart, they're not cunning and they are certainly no stealth machine. They're animals that are always groaning whenever they're on camera, so it's hard to believe they can actually make a jump on someone without them noticing. However it seems to be one of the favorite ways to kill off a character and it just bugs me

This kind of things really bum me out, since I was thoroughly enjoying the show, but it prevents it from being a great show, it's just an above average one.
However, overall it was a pleasant surprise since I wasn't expecting it to be that good. I've never liked the whole zombie craze, but that's really not the strong point of the series.

All in all, I'm happy I gave this show a chance
by Absentia
Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Dammit Kenny, I'm seeing Walking Dead at about the same time as you and I've just finished Uncharted 3 yesterday

These coincidences are starting to make me suspicious. May I just warn you that you might get asked to engage in some shaddy business by a couple of asian transvetites in the next few days

As for uncharted, it's just one of those games that are incredibly entertaining to play. the ending disappointed a little bit, but the whole journey was just a blast to go through
by Absentia
Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

I received an iPad and I gotta say it's the most useless piece of shit I own. I don't have a positive thing to say about that crap...
It pissed me off the first time I turned it on, it continues to really push my buttons as I continued using it and it has never once elicited a positive response from my part.
I basically just use it to check my e-mails quickly, without having to turn on my pc.

Everything just bugs the hell out of me. The outrageous price, the fact that almost all apps are payed (even though it is already expensive on its own), how difficult it is to transfer files from my pc, and the list goes on. Even the fact that it doesn't have a manual instruction when I don't know how to work with it pisses me off.

Can someone tell me why would someone bother to buy one of these? Why are people going bananas about apple, when I can't find a redeeming feature about it?
by Absentia
Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Epic Names in History

I always thought Napoleon Bonaparte to be a grandiose name
by Absentia
Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Game's of the Year

Game of the Year runner up: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Game of the Year: FIFA 13

:lol: I've been playing a lot of FIFA (A LOT) and I got to say it's the most annoying game I've ever played.
I started hating the game, since I had only played 11 before and the changes weren't enormous but were subtle enough to make me mad at times.

Now, I'm decent enough at the game, but there are times that the game just feels cheap. And to this day it's the only game to piss me off to the point of trashing a controller :lol:
I'm incredibly calm, I've only been mad or angry at something a handful of times throughout my whole life, but this game just pushes my button, dammit!
by Absentia
Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bioshock Infinite

BioShock Infinite ending "like nothing you've experienced in a video game before"
[url]
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-18-levine-bioshock-infinite-ending-like-nothing-youve-experienced-in-a-video-game-before[/url]

I'm looking foward to this game, but in my humble opinion overhyping can only backfire
by Absentia
Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

I've just played the first episode of Walking Dead, and I'm pretty impressed!!

Great story, great decisions, great characters, great lenght. I'm sold. I'll probably be spending the next four days playing one episode per day

And is it just me or does Clementine look like a younger version of Alyx Vance? Man, I got that feeling all throughout the episode
by Absentia
Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZB6JVllJSg[/youtube]
by Absentia
Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

I've just finished the fifth episode of Walking Dead and it's been quite a ride.

However I have a few complaints. From a storytelling point of view, the games excel like few do. Just great stories (even though the setpieces are pretty much the same as in the series), great characters, great motivations, to be honest the story is really solid on its own to the point that I prefered it when compared to the TVseries counterpart.

Also, TWD really shined in the decisions-making sections of the game, the decisions seemed important and most of them really ended up mattering sooner or later. It's the kind of envolvment Mass Effect tried to achieve but never really got there. Here I was really torn apart about some of the decisions I made and at times appalled at how something I said in the first few episodes ended up affecting how the story unfolds.

There's just two things that bug me
1. While it's outstanding in the story department, it's really poor as a game. Even the puzzles were all laughably easy. It's the kind of thing that I would probably enjoy a lot more if it were made as a TVserie. I never felt I was playing a game, I never really felt engaged or stressed by any situation like I feel during actual games, it just felt to me like a movie that I had to use x on y so I could see what happened next. I wished they had made the puzzles a lot harder, so that being successful actually felt like a reward. Take it for example the Sam and Max series, which aren't excessively difficult, but they require a lot more than TWD. Also, those stress situations always seemed forced and just bothersome, but I get how difficult it is to make stressful gameplay in a point and click game.

The point being, even though it was a game, I did not enjoy it for the actual gameplay, but for the story it tells, as I guess probably everyone did.
In fact I enjoyed this story much more than I enjoyed TV series, whose 3rd season I'm not even that inclined to see.

2. The final chapter was just too emotional. They were being really cheap, it's the type of emotional blackmail that can work if you're in the right state of mind, but I just didn't felt like it. The same can be said about Toy Story 3 as well.
You better not get too attached to anyone (nor you really have the time to, perhaps) and that final episode just pushed too hard to be tearjerking

Anyhow, I feel like it's one of the best things I've seen this year and I encourage everyone to try it. My advice is that don't expect a full-fledged game, but more like an interactive adventure (perhaps reminiscent of the FMV adventures of the old days, but good)
by Absentia
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Simulated footage of the collision between the Milky Way Galaxy and the Andromeda Galaxy. Groovy, baby!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj25Pv-h-r0[/youtube]

And how people find this guy funny still amazes me to this day
by Absentia
Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Anime are you watching right now?

So I've just finished Cowboy Bebop and I only have nice things to say about it

Great show, just outstanding!!
by Absentia
Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought

It's about time I got me one of these!!
by Absentia
Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New PM Features

These changes would have been awesome, if only I received any PMs at all

*returns to sending PMs to himself*
by Absentia
Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

I've watched Django Unchained. It's definitely a decent movie, not his best in my opinion

The first half was a lot of fun, with great laughs all throughout (although some were a bit forced).
The second half just didn't pick up. The script was noticeably well written and thought-out, but the story just didn't escaladed naturally and eventually ended in a rather unfulfilling climax (if we can call it that).

Ultimately, I felt the story it told fitted more the pattern of a mini-series rather than a full-lenght movie. The movie really feels fragmented IMO

Probably the next movie I see after this anime-extravaganza will be the movie talked about above (The Exterminating Angel) since I hear it's surrealism at its best
by Absentia
Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Gangster Squad

Well, what a waste of time...
It's as if a group of people gathered around a table and started shouting things people think it's cool about the 30s gangsters, put it all together, but the movie failed so miserably. Not helping they went and use every tired old cliche and over melodramatic crap about people they didn't build up enough for me to care about.

Also, I just can't stand extreme oposites on the character department, the heros are just perfect people and the villains are cold bastards. And there were too many good guys with no personality whatsoever

I just have too much to complain and too little time, dammit!!
And what's wrong with gosling's voice?!?!
by Absentia
Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The weekly movie discussion topic. Week 2:Back to the Fu

I think the trilogy is overrated. All three films are indeed competent and compelling, but I don't think they're nothing out of the ordinary.
I also don't think much about other trilogies like the aforementioned Star Wars or The Lord of the Rings for that matter. As for the Indiana Jones trilogy, I have a soft spot for it.
by Absentia
Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This or That: Game Edition

I liked this thread better when people cared to explain their choice in a matter of two or three lines.
by Absentia
Sun May 05, 2013 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Man tries to have sex with Hornets nest. Man dies.

This story is a load of beeswax
by Absentia
Wed May 15, 2013 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic