Search found 2 matches

Return

Re: Question for the Shentrad team.

Hi there,

I'm sorry for the big delay, I just saw your forum post just now...

The Binary Translator tool isn't ready yet.
Currently it just generates an XML script that will be used by the patcher engine to modify the binary.

The patcher engine is the piece of code that use this XML script in order to modify strings of a Dreamcast (and Xbox...) binary. It will be part of the Binary Translator tool.

About the patcher engine completion, I was working on it but I swichted on another tool that I must complete before: Special Scenes Subtitles Editor (used to translate some special scenes in Shenmue, for example the 'Nozomi and the Motorcycle' one).

So, the status of the patcher engine is:

⋅ For the Dreamcast version, I think it's 90% finished.
⋅ For the Xbox version, I already made a PoC (proof of concept) binary hacking, but I don't taken the time to start the dev for this patcher engine.
This status is for the coding progression , in fact this module will require a LOT OF tests, because modifying console binaries can be very difficult to perform (the game can crash at any time if wrongly modified...).
by SiZiOUS
Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's Shenmue translation project V1.0 RELEASED!

AdamKoralik wrote: Excellent job guys!

Any chance of getting a version that exports as a CDI?

MDS/MDF is rather tricky to work with.

Just mount your MDS/MDF file with Alcohol 120% and use Padus DiscJuggler to recreate a CDI image from the virtual drive.
by SiZiOUS
Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic