Search found 929 matches

Return

Re: Yakuza series

If you guys will have me I'd be a gracious guest that brings all kinds of stuff. If she agrees ask her what she'd like and I'll do my best to get my hands on it. I'd imagine some stuff from the states, especially east coast stuff like NY specific stuff is rare out there.

BTW I was playing Ryu ga gotaku on my PS4 earlier and it seems like a game I'll really dive into when I have some time. Also the fact that it runs faster at a higher resolution is fairly noticeable, I think pretty much all next gen games need to be running 1080 @ 60fps

HA I'm OT!
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

phpBB [video]
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shin Gundam Musou (PS3) Announced For English Release

I was always interested in the Gundam Musou games, but was always a bit turned off by that fact that it follows a big mash-up story, rather than actually adapting stories from the series.
But this one uses adaptations, so I'm sold. That video turned me right the hell on. I'm so nostalgic for the Endless Waltz setting/story/music/characters... that's an instant import for me.

Every Anime related musou game has "Official mode" the way Hokuto no Ken does, sadly they've never included stuff like Leos or Aries which kinda stops them from having Official modes for the Wing characters. I can't remember if it was 2 or 3 but there was a really good official mission based on Char's Counterattack where you needed to recreate most of the scenes from it. I really wish they would add some mass produced Wing suits, almost all of the meteor gundams are in the game nw so they might as well add them instead of fucking trashy ass Seed.

^ There are a couple Gundam games that have their own custom story and characters, and dont even use anything from one of the current shows. Also there are a couple that are RPGs and came out in the west on PS2. Always wanted to try this game but never got around to buying it.

Eblem of gundam was really good and was like this nobunaga's ambition mashup with fire emblem (which kinda goes back to Ghiren's ambition on Saturn which was another cool game, but that was all about the actual gundam storyline from the original)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d7RwwCKwYU

I heard the age game was somewhat like MS Story (which I liked alot) been dying to try it since it got announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFKk-yIL_w0
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jokes on you, most of the places I go will have free beer.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think they still need to work on some of the randomization. I'd need to sit and look at why but something about it "feels" wrong. Still its a big step, now if they could focus on offline and co-op experiences we'd be cool.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Logic?! Nah son he don't need that shit he got something way better

phpBB [video]
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm a little more concerned about gameplay, myself.
And that's not to sound high and mighty in a "gwafix dun't mattah!!1!" way, because obviously they do matter. But in this case, even in its "scaled-back" state, the game still looks nice enough. It still gets the point across, and then some.
Not understanding the fuss, really.

Sometimes it's not a huge deal, though here it seems justified.

It's a game about spotting small details, reading the environment and using that to mess with enemies. Even beyond the fact that it was originally pitched as a very detail oriented game, they hyped people on a certain visual style and then are going a whole other way. Stylistically it looks way different even beyond just the stuff they toned down or removed it doesn't have the same mood as those first few trailers a lot of people feel like its more need for speed-ish and they're right, even beyond car color the rest of the palette is there.

If people were interested because of a somewhat noir feel with the filters and stuff its misleading to totally change the visual feel 2 or 3 months before the game comes out and attempt to just gloss it over. Its like getting all set for burgers and then eating pizza, the pizza might be great, you really wanted the burger.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thats what I've been thinking since E3 2013

by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Streaming again and I'm letting some people play the beta.

http://www.twitch.tv/indiemegabooth
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

Playing los 2, gets repetitive some times but still very fun game, it's somewhere between prince of persia and god of war
the environments are beautiful too

http://i.imgur.com/jAYPbjX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HfEyvJN.jpg

Just got pokemon Y

http://i.imgur.com/JhicOEt.png
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When I think of Kiba, I think of Adonis standing on a cliff with his mullet blowing in the wind.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mue 26 wrote: Just deactivated my FB account (and I'm never going back baby!). Is my next step towards spiritual emancipation deactivating this dojo account?

BUT HOW WILL YOU USE YOUR OCULUS RIFT!
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just re-launched on kickstarter, at 5k (which we're not far from) we'll reveal a new enemy type. Same deal as last time, I'll answer any question personally and I'm asking that people share it as much as possible.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nuchallenger/treachery-in-beatdown-city-a-tactical-beat-em-up-0
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First update is a Shinobi and Final Fantasy inspired enemy.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nuchallenger/treachery-in-beatdown-city-a-tactical-beat-em-up-0/posts/804360

I pledged to Segata's project last time when it unfortunately failed and will do so again this time. Game is right up my alley (sorry, terrible joke).

Which version are you hoping for? I can't really confirm anything but PC right now but I had a look at Vita and PS4 so if people push for that I can very likely oblige.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's the point of putting up older games for sale on Steam when I have to jump through several hoops in order to get them to be barely functional...

GOG>Steam, most games are pre-patched and have a wrapper emulator if needed. I haven't had an issues with getting anything to play. Matter of fact I use the free GOG version of Fallout instead of the Steam one because the colors are all fucked up.

We had to jump through hoops to play new games on Steam, it's not just old ones. Why are these gaming companies so bent on data mining your details through crap like uPlay, Square Enix Club and WBID? Sign up and get exclusive bonus content for your PC! :|

I ask for emails so that I can track bugs but for the most part I have a good relationship with Itch.io, GOG and Desura if you get tired of messing with Steam you should check those out. Humble also has some good DRM free stuff though not everything is.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I put waaaaaaaay too much thought into the weapons manufacturers in "Testament".

Malik Industries is a brand in the game world, and the company was started by Yusef al-Malik. The branding on their products is a crown. This is because "al-Malik" is one of the names God takes in the Qur'an and translates to something like "King of Kings". Yusef is also named so because he spreads his influence by making a deal with a government to manufacture weapons exclusively for use by their forces.

Ahmed al-Malik, Yusef's grandson, who was considered a weapons genius of great renown felt that he was being stifled by working with only one army that already had 3 other weapons contractors. He took action and began selling weapon concepts to another country. Because the rest of Malik industries was loyal to the government they served, Ahmed was forced to leave the company and his dealings were reported. He fled to another country, then changed his name to Arthur Masters (Malik by itself means the master).

This is why some characters on one side of the conflict use MMI(Masters Military Instruments) branded guns and characters on the other side of the conflict use Malik Industries weapons.

Rangi Military Concepts, Magic City Academy of Weapons Research, and Hunter Gear are all brands in the game world with similarly long and convoluted histories.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yusef is a character that I created as "insurance". I wanted to have a rich story for organizations and world building but also its a dream of mine to draw parallels between the 1979 revolution and Terrorism in the Caribbean.

Also Ahmed is kinda based off the little bits I know about Wude (hence he is not a negative character. I'd actually like Ahmed/Arthur to be seen as likeable despite switching sides)
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

This how I feel when someone backs http://www.beatdowncity.com
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed May 07, 2014 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

^I'm curious man, were you more aggressive with your campaign this time?

You only got half your funding last time and now, after limiting the goal by 1k, you seemed to get the 50k you originally asked for.

Last time we kept it to ourselves and that was a problem, being at GDC and telling everyone we're trying again got attention. We also tried a more hands on approach.

Basically the Demo we released to backers, demo events I ran here in the city and word of mouth support ended up pushing us over the top. Some of the articles helped but weren't as effective as just letting people try it.

Also we got bigger chunks of money from developers that like our work. If you look at the backer list its got people from Naughty Dog, 343, R*, 2k, EA, Klei, Capcom, Gung-Ho, SuperGiant etc etc. Its weird, on forums people are really shitting on the concept, but after a live demo they walk away hype as shit.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu May 08, 2014 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went to the sportsfriends party a few days back, the subject of how I fought through kickstarter came up.

"Well look at it this way, if you write a book the two kickstarters could take up a chapter"

"No, if I wrote a book, the whole thing would be about the two kickstarters"
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue May 13, 2014 12:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

Things I get to say in 20 years:

"Ey Mittz, remember that time we mistakenly walked in on Sony's whole 3rd party relations team talking to Yu and like a jaded prick I told you to think nothing of it? That was fun right?"
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic