Search found 929 matches

Return

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

First update is a Shinobi and Final Fantasy inspired enemy.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nuchallenger/treachery-in-beatdown-city-a-tactical-beat-em-up-0/posts/804360

I pledged to Segata's project last time when it unfortunately failed and will do so again this time. Game is right up my alley (sorry, terrible joke).

Which version are you hoping for? I can't really confirm anything but PC right now but I had a look at Vita and PS4 so if people push for that I can very likely oblige.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's the point of putting up older games for sale on Steam when I have to jump through several hoops in order to get them to be barely functional...

GOG>Steam, most games are pre-patched and have a wrapper emulator if needed. I haven't had an issues with getting anything to play. Matter of fact I use the free GOG version of Fallout instead of the Steam one because the colors are all fucked up.

We had to jump through hoops to play new games on Steam, it's not just old ones. Why are these gaming companies so bent on data mining your details through crap like uPlay, Square Enix Club and WBID? Sign up and get exclusive bonus content for your PC! :|

I ask for emails so that I can track bugs but for the most part I have a good relationship with Itch.io, GOG and Desura if you get tired of messing with Steam you should check those out. Humble also has some good DRM free stuff though not everything is.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I put waaaaaaaay too much thought into the weapons manufacturers in "Testament".

Malik Industries is a brand in the game world, and the company was started by Yusef al-Malik. The branding on their products is a crown. This is because "al-Malik" is one of the names God takes in the Qur'an and translates to something like "King of Kings". Yusef is also named so because he spreads his influence by making a deal with a government to manufacture weapons exclusively for use by their forces.

Ahmed al-Malik, Yusef's grandson, who was considered a weapons genius of great renown felt that he was being stifled by working with only one army that already had 3 other weapons contractors. He took action and began selling weapon concepts to another country. Because the rest of Malik industries was loyal to the government they served, Ahmed was forced to leave the company and his dealings were reported. He fled to another country, then changed his name to Arthur Masters (Malik by itself means the master).

This is why some characters on one side of the conflict use MMI(Masters Military Instruments) branded guns and characters on the other side of the conflict use Malik Industries weapons.

Rangi Military Concepts, Magic City Academy of Weapons Research, and Hunter Gear are all brands in the game world with similarly long and convoluted histories.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yusef is a character that I created as "insurance". I wanted to have a rich story for organizations and world building but also its a dream of mine to draw parallels between the 1979 revolution and Terrorism in the Caribbean.

Also Ahmed is kinda based off the little bits I know about Wude (hence he is not a negative character. I'd actually like Ahmed/Arthur to be seen as likeable despite switching sides)
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

This how I feel when someone backs http://www.beatdowncity.com
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed May 07, 2014 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

^I'm curious man, were you more aggressive with your campaign this time?

You only got half your funding last time and now, after limiting the goal by 1k, you seemed to get the 50k you originally asked for.

Last time we kept it to ourselves and that was a problem, being at GDC and telling everyone we're trying again got attention. We also tried a more hands on approach.

Basically the Demo we released to backers, demo events I ran here in the city and word of mouth support ended up pushing us over the top. Some of the articles helped but weren't as effective as just letting people try it.

Also we got bigger chunks of money from developers that like our work. If you look at the backer list its got people from Naughty Dog, 343, R*, 2k, EA, Klei, Capcom, Gung-Ho, SuperGiant etc etc. Its weird, on forums people are really shitting on the concept, but after a live demo they walk away hype as shit.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu May 08, 2014 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Went to the sportsfriends party a few days back, the subject of how I fought through kickstarter came up.

"Well look at it this way, if you write a book the two kickstarters could take up a chapter"

"No, if I wrote a book, the whole thing would be about the two kickstarters"
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue May 13, 2014 12:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

Things I get to say in 20 years:

"Ey Mittz, remember that time we mistakenly walked in on Sony's whole 3rd party relations team talking to Yu and like a jaded prick I told you to think nothing of it? That was fun right?"
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic