Protip: Don't ever read youtube comments

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYISuoBXmg4[/youtube]
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sleeping Dogs

Hey all,

I've gotta say that this game is amazing. I bought the PC version of steam (pre-ordered it about a month ago) and I have been so excited to get my hands on the game. I just played for 14 hours straight and there is so much stuff to do. I pretty much spent most of the time just running around looking at Hong Kong. The first thing I did when I got in game was to get a car and go straight to the harbour in aberdeen and to my delight it looks so so so similar to S2!! (the scene with Wong's boat comes to mind).
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542935853899591585/FBA71FFCB6B797AE8E2EA9110CF665FBA830B358/

This game just makes me feel like I'm back playing S2, the gameplay is not the same at all, but the feeling that I get running around Hong Kong, walking through the nightmarket or driving past temples gives me chills. After playing for 14 hours (only about 3-4 of those that I spend doing the main missions) I felt I should try and hunt down the Ryu outfit. So after about an hour of checking out all the clothes shops in the game I managed to get this. Anyways here are a couple more screenies from my day which hopefully make you guys think back to the good old S2 days!

In the Harbour of Aberdeen, I spent about 20 minutes looking for a warehouse number 8 :P sadly I don't think there is one.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542935853899596346/30587C8E4F3F5040236578A1F416FAF30D89FEC3/

Looks similar to the warehouse you drop off crates while working with the forklift in S1.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542935853899600238/A611EEA59CDAC9F39C03920D3584520D6E964680/

Yin Tin Apartments? :P
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542935853901388111/925887426522D26E3687B0DE0119D890699F6268/

Night Market - I Wonder if Xiuying is hiding!
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542935853901382659/56CD17314542736354D1B7EC8016AD203F7C8A13/

Aberdeen
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542935853902107536/4C4DDF2ED52B3C25603B51E639C21A5CC4DBB221/

If only it had the music - Tomoto Convenience Store
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542935853902100419/C5CC6532A36AFF3296C9F8C4E49A0EE216FB3E6A/

My Ryu
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542935853902098142/75766395E95AD5DCE7A7A9134C7D176E97F14ECF/

Could Almost be S1 after the nightmares :D
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542935853902104444/5468CEA0055B270405D4D79231641DA7AB1633CF/

I really can't recommend this game enough. FYI : playing on PC with the Free HD Texture pack on all max settings bar AA which is on High! Enjoy the game guys and feel free to ask any questions :)

SheepheadCG
by SheepheadCG
Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

I got kicked out of a MW3 clan today for the following reason...."You aren't online nor playing enough"

God forbid I do other things or play different games. :lol:
by Samanosuke Akechi
Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Videogame Music

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsuJth9FXec[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fist of the North Star series

I really like Fist of The Nor-

ATATATATATATATATATATATAATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA!!

:roll:
by white lotus
Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re:

Bluecast wrote:I boycott the whole idea of saying "I'm leaving" I'm back"

Just freaking go and shut up and when ready come back and post as normal.

Otherwise it's lame. IMO

Fucking lol
by QWERTY
Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that pissed you off

Feeling rather frustrated at my employers. I'm being asked to travel more lately you see, my most recent venture being my longest commitment yet, with 4 weeks in Luxembourg. Very nice, I hear you say, except the way our expense system works is rather crap. There is no company credit card, so I've been asked to pay for travel/hotel/meals out of my own money, under the promise that the money will be paid back promptly after submitting expense reports. Which I have done each week. Not one of them has been paid back yet. And without going into too much detail, each claim was close to or slightly above the £1k mark, so hell yeh I'm pissed off. Even more considering I haven't heard a word back from those in charge after sending an email to them asking them what's up. I will be telling them I'm not going to travel for them again unless they pay me back first. Hopefully that will get the ball rolling, and I don't think I'm being unreasonable in taking that stance with them.

Rant over.

It's not great to think that "money is everything" (apparently), but either way, that is a pretty terrifying situation you got there! :shock: Hope it gets sorted!
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Batman 3

^^All agreement on your points about Blake.

And I just have to say, the little tussle where he ricocheted the bullet off of the pipe and hit the guy holding him was awesome, in that kind of "laugh and exclaim 'oh shit!'" kind of way.
Totally shallow observation to make, I know, but it was completely kickass either way.
by OL
Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear series

I'm just a bit disappointed since I used to think Kojima made each Metal Gear quite distinctive from one another, look at how different MGS1 (Alaska, underground bunkers, industrial settings, modern), MGS2 (Big Shell, oil rig, massive boat to explore, Arsenal Gear, slightly futuristic) and MGS3 (Jungle, enemy bases, 70s era) all are from one another.

I think, for the most part, that still applies. Peace Walker was just a re-tread of MGS3 territory with new mechanics to play around with, sure, but I think MGS4 certainly had its own identity. Maybe not in such obvious terms as being able to say "tanker/base/jungle", but it definitely felt very different from its predecessors, in the same way each of them felt different as they came out.
I think it's a little early to be saying that this one won't be distinctive, considering that we haven't actually seen footage from it yet. The one pic of Big Boss isn't much to go on. The information that he kills guys, rides a jeep, and crawls around could have basically been applied to any of the previous games as well.
by OL
Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

Then why are you paying so much attention to it?
by OL
Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They'll both come out. They'll just be finished by Gearbox, and criticized for being behind the times. ;-)
by OL
Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Then why are you paying so much attention to it?
I don't put as much attention to it as I do to your ass. I'd say I casually hate the fuck out of Square Enix, with a special fuck-you directed at Motomu Toriyama. Besides, it's not your fucking business why I pay my attention to this or that. Stop your lame ad hominem approach. If you're so desperately interested in others, though, then better start asking why Motomu Toriyama masturbates to his big-ass Lightning poster.

I'm surprised nobody pointed out that he blatantly rip-offs some of the Xenoblade's world mechanics while saying it's "a completely unique and original idea that isn't even found on the internet", and Xenoblade isn't original in that regard to begin with. Nani gigantum humeris insidentes, yeah, but Toriyama actually has the nerve to pretend he's totally original and godlike.

:rotflmao:

You massive nonce. Gaming, serious bizness.
by QWERTY
Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's a lazy box set. Wow gee wiz buy a bunch of re painted PS1 & PS2 discs that I already have.

They should have put everything on discs for PC,360 & PS3 & Wii U. Then add a few DVD's to the legacy and making and best memories of FF from the devlopers new and old. An OST set to all the games in the series. 3-4 art 300 page books on the best of the series. Then yes a print that has special 25th logo signed by all the names to be part of the series for the past 25 years.

Most of the games can be played on the PS3 other then the PSP and PS2 ones (Although can be played on some). Releasing them on 360 and Wiiu would be alot of hard work with licensing and what not. I'm sure we would have all the games on Xbox Live by now if it wasn't a problem.

They are releasing a book which will have what you want on the DVD.

What you want is pretty unrealistic.
by Riku Rose
Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can't fucking stand VF5:FS players who use Wolf or Jeffrey to use that cheap ass throw for an easy ring out. It pisses me right the fuck off. And when a player wins a round because of it, and I get demoted as a result? Well that's just the worst. I'm not an angry person by any means, but players like that deserve some hate messages for that. So fucking annoyed.

[wayback]Did you almost punch a pillow in frustration? ;-) [/wayback]
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bayonetta 2

I think the virtues of the 360 version over the PS3 get brought up too much. I'm no expert, not having played the full game of course, but I do know that the core game is exactly the same across both of them. Levels, characters, gameplay, music, design work, etc.
It's all technical stability and better graphics that the 360 offers.
If the core game is the same, I fail to see how the PS3 version could be considered shite compared to the 360 version's supposed brilliance. One is obviously better, of course, I just don't see how a few glitches or graphical advantages can somehow make one of them shit and the other one amazing.

Thing is there's content and performance. The PS3 has the content, but part of actually playing it is performance. The whole point of Bayonetta is the fact that its a very free and open battle system that allows the player to seamlessly change weapons mid combo and its able to recognize inputs with per-frame accuracy like that of a fighting game. When you take that out of the game then its not the same game.

Think about a Hadoken. With more frames no matter when you do it, so long as no other attack has priority it'll happen. Now think about how frustrating laggy matches are, because the framerate has dipped and the game isn't testing for inputs as much you could do the input 5 or 6 times and it won't be recognized for a while. Thats a whole lot less enjoyable, because skill has been removed because the game can't react as quickly as you (and at times not at all)

Back to Bayonetta, going from Shura, to Killgore, switching sets and going to pillowtalk requires some intense input. Add to that the fact that you cancel combos, and even cancel into a dodge and back into the combo from the same spot and you need the system to be extremely stable, especially once you start being able to block.

Thats what makes one game dramatically different from the other as one is unable to actually execute the biggest feature.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This isn't anything official (otherwise I would have put it in the art topic), but regardless, I think it's a fantastic piece of artwork. For some reason it feels like it captures that 60s action spy movie vibe perfectly. Just great to see this cast mocked up in a movie poster style like this.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2qbxe7s.jpg
by OL
Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Online Gaming: Your Genius Moments

Modern Warfare 2
Hardcore Search & Destroy
Quarry

There is a usual team of 6 of us from work, that played every night. This particular night i was late getting on, and i kept on trying to join the particular game they were in (i knew they wouldnt all back out to include me into the party until the game they were playing was over, which was normal and fine). The random player, who was on my friends team left and i got into the game to see that it was 3-3, and going into overtime. So the last round starts, and we are on the bomb. Almost immediately 2 of the guys get foolishly noob tubed by not running away from the spawn spot, and within 20/30 seconds the other 3 had been shot.
So i am on my own, and the bomb is all the way across the map. I hate that i cannot hear any chatter now (sonce they are all dead) and i know all eyes are on me. I really hate that! So i just decide to go for it, and whilst running to get the bomb i see one and take him out. Fortunately i have ranked up enough to have a full stealth combo on (dead silence, cold blooded, marathon and a silencer on my USP). I see another running towards me and get him also.
I seen the bomb and i didnt care if someone was camping at it, i bolted for it and got it successfully. Now time to do my usual gameplan - plant the bomb in the hut at B, plant a hidden C4 package on the bookshelf beside it, and camp outside the other door behind the wall where the barrells are, and not the main door where the spawn is, and hide in the bushes which everyone does. So i crouch all the way down and i hear the footsteps, and then the bomb briefcase being opened. Click - boom, and it turns out the two guys were in there. We win 4-3. When the noise came back on the microphones as soon as the game was over, i hear my friends all cheering.

Best online gaming moment ever.
by Peter
Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Holy shit.
Just saw some footage of Ken's Rage 2, and goddamn does it look improved. I didn't have much of a problem with how the characters moved in the first game myself, but it's still awesome to see how everything has been sped up, with new moves and animations all over the place.
Having finished the first game pretty recently, the improvements are incredibly obvious just from the first few seconds of seeing it. The environments thus far still look a little empty, but hopefully they'll at least match their counterparts from the anime a little better this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OSsEfFatMY

And even cooler is seeing the new trailer, which shows off a bit of the sort of "re-interpreted" parts from the first series, along with footage from the bits covering the second series as well. Adult Bat looks like he'll be incredibly fun to play as.
Can't wait to see more of Ein and Shachi too.
And goddammit, I want to see some boss battles now. Hopefully it'll have an actual lock-on button this time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVbuQY-aFmU

This one has me pretty excited. People will no doubt still have their complaints about it, but both as an adaptation of the anime and as a flat-out beat-em-up, this looks like it'll wipe the floor with the first game.
Already bought.

EDIT: I may have to wait on making a video for the first game like I had been planning, and do it on this instead. I was intending it to cover both the game and the anime, so this looks like it'll be a bit more apt.
by OL
Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Assassins Creed Series

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZIrWCOUOFI[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Devil May Cry series

Didn't pay too much attention to it before, but the swearing actually does come off as incredibly unnecessary and childish, doesn't it?
Also strange how Dante slashes downward at enemies with an axe, but they fly up into the air...
by OL
Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"Best" always ends up being purely subjective, even if one tries to be ob jective about it. I personally try to make a distinction between "best" and "favorites" myself, but obviously people won't always agree.
They are kind of right that games tend to blend genres these days, but that just makes it important to set even more specific distinctions between different types of games.
I'd personally name Uncharted 2 as at the very least one of the greatest action/adventure games ever made. But "action/adventure" can cover a lot of ground, so in saying that, I need to specify that I'm speaking in comparison to all other games that involve a combination of shooting, puzzles, and some manner of "platforming".
Genre distinctions aside, it's just an amazingly solid action game with great level design, excellent control, fantastic acting, and one of the absolute best senses of adventure and excitement ever put in a game.
Almost anything negative that a person could say about it simply comes down to personal preference issues, rather than the actual quality of what's there.
by OL
Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Holy shit that was awesome! An entire section that was Space Harrier.. Even used the music and a couple bosses.
by Bluecast
Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Elder Scrolls

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blEvrr__nO8[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcVyNS1jZro[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bayonetta 2

Beat it. The game is fucking awesome. She became more likeable in the end but IMO still no Dante. However to hell with DmC. This is now become a series and will have to be my DMC replacement in terms of new games. I have to agree gameplay wise it's an evolution of DMC and one of the best action games I ever played
by Bluecast
Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dishonored

cant be the same game. Ninja punishes you every chance it gets if you try to hack and slash.
by Who Really Cares?
Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So its my birthday (not why im posting) and i have a good friend who works quality assurance at sega... He knows that i like shenmue etc etc.. And he has just sent me a birthday message saying that he is currently looking for sailors... Lets just say that I know him well enough to know what that could mean :)

also, i just finished Nier. Good ending revelation... Although i Thought the character could have been more philosophically shocked and inquisitive.. An idea such as that has the potential for a full blown charlie kaufman movie... A well earned 7/10
by Luvly KM
Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^
Damn, Ezio could have saved alot of money on parachutes if he just learned to flap his arms.
by Calshot
Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SINGLE PLAYER GAMER (updated July 21)

Well aware of its problems, as usual, but I did manage to get it out by Halloween, so that's at least one goal reached.
It's basically just an adaptation, in a way, of my old text review for the same game. Had to change some things of course (and I kind of wish I would have been a little more thorough), but eh, new video's a new video.
My power was out for about 26 hours thanks to the hurricane, but luckily it came back on in time for me to quickly finish this and get it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CZKATGDtPE

I'm mostly just proud of the intro (everything before I start talking). You wouldn't know it, but there was a LOT of careful editing work that went in to all that. Transparencies, layers, speed adjustments, sound alterations... that sucker took a helluva lot of trial-and-error tweaking.

EDIT: Oh, and since I had to record the game using some slightly odd methods (hooking the PS3 up to an HDMI converter, converter outputting S-video to my capture device, capture device to the computer), the original footage of the game came out with a slight reddish hue, so I had to do tweaking on every single clip to fix that. Because of that, the footage looks slightly less vibrant than the actual game does. During the purplish and reddish-looking stages, in-game they actually "pop" a bit more than is evident in this video.
Just something to note. The colors aren't quite as "dulled" in-game.
by OL
Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So I'm curious about this AC: Ezio Trilogy that's apparently being released for PS3.
http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Ezio-Trilogy-Playstation-3/dp/B009GZX49Y/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1352098921&sr=8-9&keywords=assassin%27s+creed+revelations
Everything I look up on it says that AC2 includes "all downloadable content," but doesn't specify whether it's on the disc or just a voucher.
If it's on the disc, I may just have to get it.
Ah, who'm I kidding. I might get it anyway just to look pretty on my shelf.

EDIT: And Japan seems to be getting an even better collection:
http://www.ubisoft.co.jp/ac3/eziosaga/index.html
http://oi46.tinypic.com/6i9miu.jpg
All three games, a six-disc complete soundtrack, and the full AC Encyclopedia.
Damn Japanese. Even with games made in the west, they still get the cooler LE's and swag.
by OL
Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I touched on the issue in the Halo thread but it comes down to people just trying to consume and not actually getting into games for the fun of it.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For a new IP in its first month I'm sure they are happy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kf3oBu7MRY[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Febuary 1st Disc Release in Europe

http://www.tecmokoei-europe.com/news/?id=39399

No news for a North America release yet. Probably be digital only which sucks.
by Cave Johnson
Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Awww yeaaa

by Axm
Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Played it. Its NT's best game, but compared to DMC 3 its Ninja Gaiden 3.

All of the aesthetics are obnoxious.

Gameplay wise they do make it look 60, but thats part of the jankiness of the dropped inputs. This instantly becomes obvious when trying to cancel.

New Dante is that obnoxious guy that hits dislike on a kitten video on youtube and then tells the uploader to kill themselves. If the game were called sothing else, I'd still never be able to get past how annoying he is.

He makes me want to open mouth kiss Kratos.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So I had to get a different custom poster company to print my chosen Assassin's Creed image, but it turned out really nice. It was this one:

http://oi49.tinypic.com/34g57vp.jpg

Kind of a local company, so it got to me pretty quick.
I've got a few more images lined up to get made too. Fun stuff.
by OL
Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry Kenny, but you aren't sounding too good in this.

First, you don't really know anything about the game or really series. If you want to have fun thats cool, if you have fun with this game thats cool. Thing is We (people who actually like DMC) got shafted. Its not blind hate that everything people were predicting months back all came true, and to say theres nothing wrong with how it plays really nails down the fact that you don't know why people play DMC. Hey I don't necessarily expect you to, but you need to realize there is a reason and it sure as hell isn't in this new game.

As for liking or disliking the content, why are people who dislike it fanboys? Their explaination of why they hate it isn't any less valid then you saying "Well i have an opinion and I like it". If you're gunna pull the "free thinking" card play it wisely. Right now you're no better then someone who says "Dante's hair is teh worst" because you're saying "dante's hair is teh best" dosen't have any more of an explanation.

at the end of the day people who like the core mechanic behind DMC (btw DMC 2 isn't an abomination, fans poke fun at it but just about all of us would take 2 over DMC) got shafted.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seeing 2 people say they wont buy a game because of an achievement... ](*,)
by Who Really Cares?
Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ezio has been the best developed character in the series thus far.The setting for ACII was simply astonishing,beautiful in every aspect.
by Samanosuke Akechi
Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cant remember the last racing game to have a good OST? But yeah the DJ thing was cool in MSR[Hey Sega another game you should think about a HD port]
by Who Really Cares?
Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Game's of the Year

And if I may I'd like to add a category to this list

2012's 2011 GOTY:

:lol:
Nice. I like that. 2011 games that we first played in 2012, right?

2012's 2011 GOTY : Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.

Surprised the hell out of me how much I loved it. Didn't expect it would be so good, even despite having played the demo.
by OL
Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic