Search found 211 matches

Return

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

QWERTY: Image

Though I don't imagine the braces.
by Rakim
Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Online Gaming: Your Genius Moments

When I cancelled Xbox Live Gold
by Bluecast
Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gan Gan Pirates

I don't give a flying fuck about mobile crapware. That's my thought
by Bluecast
Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RPG's( NOT Falcom,Square,Bethesda,Bioware)

You're such a small-minded person, Ryudo. You have no idea about me and I actually like to see how your mind twists itself by projecting its overbearing hate on others.

http://i.imgur.com/7vaK1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HW3wF.jpg

I think it's funny how you pretend to not care what others think about you but when they call you out on your bullshit you show how much you care. It's god damn hilarious. :lol:
by Bluecast
Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So whatever happened to...

Talk about reading too much into things
by Bluecast
Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Assassins Creed Series

We will see. Not ready to dive into AC yet. Got a huge backlog. Just got a TG16 and a few games on it and Xbox 360 kike Nier and Infinite undiscovery and Folklore on PS3. When I dive into AC it will be on whatever system I see cheapest in the store. I want to get AC now but my wallet is saying dude..seriously relax. :P

u got a PS3? awesome!
Yeah a couple weeks ago. Sadly the 360 you gave me RROD so I replaced it. But still kept it

sorry for the double post peoples! i didnt notive ryudos post till just now.

that doesnt surprise me. that 360 was old as dirt. i bought it used in '07. i was in constant fear of RROD so i bought a black slim one sine those (supposedly) dont have the RROD problem. did you get a Black Slim?
Yeah the slim 250GB :)
by Bluecast
Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We will see. Not ready to dive into AC yet. Got a huge backlog. Just got a TG16 and a few games on it and Xbox 360 kike Nier and Infinite undiscovery and Folklore on PS3. When I dive into AC it will be on whatever system I see cheapest in the store. I want to get AC now but my wallet is saying dude..seriously relax. :P

u got a PS3? awesome!
Yeah a couple weeks ago. Sadly the 360 you gave me RROD so I replaced it. But still kept it
by Bluecast
Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega sure seems to really be popping them out now

Star Wars made money. Shenmue didn't
by Bluecast
Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega sure seems to really be popping them out now

It's almost like Sega have actually said NO to Shenmue HD ever coming out, the way you guys talk.
If I remember correctly it's leaning more towards reality; than fantasy that it will be released.
Unless someone can show me a recent article I missed saying it's not happening?
by DoubleO_Ren
Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I really don't want to get AC1. Youtube?

You could go that route I suppose, but nothing adds impact to a story like interactivity does. Without actually playing AC1 and experiencing it for yourself, all future mentions of Altair (of which there are many in AC2 and Revelations) will probably be a lot less impacting than they would otherwise.
Just watching a bunch of videos will make him feel like "that guy you saw ", rather than "that guy you were ". And actually being someone holds a lot more weight than just watching them, obviously.
Though I'd say the same for any game, really. It's an interactive medium. In most cases, just watching videos negates the whole point.
by OL
Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJnsObZ0WzM[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

720p

Reading some forums some people seem to hate their 360/PS3 because it's stuck on 720P. Now being totally new to having HD the top I have seen on my TV is 1080i from Programming. However it was compressed due to being a basic cable. PS3 to me looks great in 720P but again not seen full 1080P yet on this TV. Wii U is native at 1080P and sure all next gen systems will be.

Question is does it bug you that consoles are still 720P?
by Bluecast
Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pics of pets and places.

you have a great family chaos, i wish you all the best and hope you stay always happy like in that picture :)
by wude
Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pics of pets and places.

Perfect Chaos? Perfect Harmony!
by KiBa
Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 3d/2d Art Download

http://shenmueangel.free.fr/images/shenmue2/bannieres/gimage_sh2.png

Here are download links to all the original Shenmue art files I've amassed over the years. It ranges from original .bmp wallpaper from Shenmue.com, scans from strategy guides, and high resolution .psd artwork from Shenmue II.

Most of this art was acquired from Microsoft Game Studios website years ago. Since Microsoft was publishing the game in the U.S they were provided these files to promote/advertise it. The .psd artwork I mentioned above is the most interesting out of the bunch. They come in some insane resolutions and are separated by layers, meaning you can easily separate a character and the background behind it. Included below are raw scans from the various Shenmue game soundtracks, and screen captures from the Xbox game.

Custom High Res Shenmue Logos
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47899

Shenmue Art (Mostly original wallpaper from Shenmue.com and from the gd-roms)
http://www.mediafire.com/?b98jt6dotog6lu2

Shenmue II Art - First Batch (Download both parts and then extract)
Part 1- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?g7s7ft5l6hcy4dz
Part 2- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6pm3lfjc3x24f4k

Shenmue II Art - Second Batch (Download both parts and then extract)
Part 1- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?46kx9j4d63ur3y2
Part 2- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hm1x65ap55xorkf

Shenmue II Art - Third Batch (Ren and Lan Di) - http://www.mediafire.com/?alahqu9h7f88zij

Shenmue II Game Poster - http://www.mediafire.com/?cdv4fci3vqkageb

Shenmue 2d Art - (Drawn artwork mostly from magazine scans and the internet)
http://www.mediafire.com/?0ma89dj3us6dvlp

Shenmue Album Raw Scans - (Download both parts and then extract)
Part 1- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0blirht3yx44rso
Part 2- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ck9rlueqhpa5t60

Shenmue II High resolution screenshots (Xbox Version - Microsoft Game Studios Site)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?pf96id2ya6663a3

Shenmue II Normal resolution screenshots (Xbox Version - Microsoft Game Studios Site)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bxfp3yxmsqj4pk2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shenmue Dojo's gallery
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/gallery/
Facebook Gallery
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shenmue-Dojo/131503470216625?sk=photos_stream
by Ziming
Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't disagree more with the AC1 haters. Whilst I can acknowledge the fact that it can get boring and repetitive, it is definitely not one to skip. I know for a fact that I wouldn't have loved the original's successors as much if I hadn't played the first... first... (I hate it when that happens...)

Anyway, even if you don't play it for the game itself, it's worth picking up for the story and the sheer beauty of the environments. I can recall just sitting on my bed not even playing through the game, just climbing to the highest spots to get the best views possible.

Don't settle on skipping it just yet. I'd say it's vital that you play through it in order to appreciate the other games. Although it makes Revelations rather unsettling hearing Altair's voice (I understand why they changed it, but I loved everything about AC1's Altair)

Oh, and another reason to get it... There was a spin-off for the PSP that involved Altair. I'm not sure if the Vita's BC, but if it is, you'll probably want to get that one too.
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ya im actually getting that collection since I havent playn brotherhood, revelations or any of the dlc. Should be nice.

I only wish it were more of a "complete" collection, with all of the DLC for Brotherhood as well. The DaVinci Disappearance was a pretty cool little mission pack.

But I might be getting it anyway on the chance that the games will already be patched on the disc. Hopefully that'll be the case. These games always seem to start out with tons of bugs, but get patched over and over as time goes on. Revelations was supposedly pretty buggy initially, but I popped it in yesterday, the patch was automatically applied, and the game was actually even more solid than I remembered. Impressively so, actually.
15 or 20 years from now, when those patches are no longer automatically downloaded and applied, it'd be nice to know that I've got a version of these games already fully-patched on the disc. So here's hoping that's what we're getting.
by OL
Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Getting too off topic her but will just say this. the only expectations I went in with is a bunch of crime solving in 1940's LA in a NOIRE style. I am getting just that and LOVE IT. Also maybe this has someting to do with it or not. 1940's for the US is a very romanticized era for us. The War,how strong the country was. Hollywood and many private detective films and books and NOIRE films and books. Considered a golden age. To me the game took a balance of that NOIRE and beloved era of fiction and fantasy and blended some reality in in a perfect balance. At least when doing the detective work on each case. I like the shooting more than let's say uncharted personally. Also love how it does not focus on it. I love how it focuses on solving the crime. The game is everything I would have wanted out of it and so since I waited since 2006. I'm very satisfied.
by Bluecast
Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hitman Series

No, not at all, but if the game comes out and is blasphemous OL isn't the type of guy that would call it out as such. Theres acceptance but he takes it a tad too far.

Having fun with something because there's fun to be had isn't taking anything too far.
Labeling one change or another in a videogame series to be "blasphemous"... yeah, that couldn't be considered taking anything too far, now could it?

You seem to be forgetting that I had a pretty huge number of complaints about Assassin's Creed 3 just recently. It's a series I absolutely love. And yet I'm not blind to it when the developers make a decision that I'm not particularly keen on. They didn't ruin the game for me, but I certainly didn't gloss over them.
I tend to accept games for what they are, but I'm not automatically enthusiastic for everything. A game has to earn my love. If I sound like I'm too positive about everything most of the time, then it's because I don't revel in the act of bitching as so much of the rest of the overall videogaming audience does. If I hate something, then I tend to avoid talking about it. I could easily go all Dorian about everything all the time, but why the fuck would anyone want to do that?
I'd rather focus on things I like, because they make me happy.
The way you talk about it, one would think I'm doing something wrong by having this outlook.

I don't know where you got this idea that I consider everyone a fanboy for not liking what I like; I rarely even use the term "fanboy" at all. You just tend to perk up and latch on to it when I do. It's not like I even tend to insinuate everything I like on everyone else. People are free to like or dislike whatever they want. Can't remember ever implying otherwise. If you have examples, I wouldn't mind clarifying them. I do seem to have a history of people misinterpreting my words.
Regardless, the fact of the matter is that in videogaming, above almost all other entertainment mediums, there really is a huge, vocal, angry chunk of that populace that never seem to be happy, no matter what action is taken in a series. They stick to this mindset that everything is getting worse, nothing is as good as it used to be.
I refuse to have such a spoiled attitude as that.

And my point about this Hitman review wasn't that the writer is a fanboy; I didn't even read the full review. I'm just hoping that he is one of these people I've described, because I want the game to be good. And if he happens to be one of these people -- these angry, never-content "fanboys" -- then his complaints might not be particularly valid.
If it turns out that he isn't one of those people, and everything he says is true... then shit. That's unfortunate, and I hope they get it right next time. It remains to be seen, and I wasn't labeling him as one thing or another outright.

He tries to draw comparisons between games that aren't there, it seems almost like excusing a decision.

I don't think I quite understood that part...
by OL
Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If all of that is true, then they've really done a piss-poor job of advertising it. Yeah, the point of advertising is to play up a game's merits, make it look appealing as possible. But in everything they've shown, the game has looked like it has the same basic setup of previous games, with little done to make it more "streamlined" or "mainstream" (which, obviously, is an appealing prospect to previous fans) aside from the "sense" ability.
Hoping the review is just some longtime fan whining because one thing or another is different, and they're just making it sound worse than it is. Fanboys tend to do that, so hopefully this is one of them.
by OL
Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just got the Ezio Trilogy. Quite awesome. I platinum'd AC2 when it came out but never did dlc or played Brotherhood or Revelations. Heck I loved AC2 ill play through the main story again just for fun. Ezio is a pimp.
by Axm
Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unpopular Opinions

Far more can be gained focusing on the future, than dwelling on the past.
by Jeff
Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ryudo wrote: Socialized Medicine is bad in the long term.

Its sad that this is the unpopular opinion.
by Spokane
Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Let's just say SIII is in development and....

Nay on Proposition "Remove QTEs".
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope they do a prologue, like there was at the end of Harry Potter, that shows a middle aged mustachioed Ryo and his wife visiting a grave site and telling his son Zhao the tale of a brave young girl he once knew.
by Rakim
Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just want my portable tape player and phone booths back. Maybe a kitten.
by KiBa
Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah yeah beggars can't be choosers but eh not only bring practice back but the bike from the beta.
by Bluecast
Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think an HD re-release actually isn't a great idea from a business sense, though I would love the opportunity to play the game on an xbox 360/ps3. Many 3D games from the early 2000's haven't aged very well. I just beat the re-release of Jet Set Radio, and while it was awesome (of course :-P), the controls were pretty brutal and the game is getting lukewarm review scores (gamespot gave it a 4.5!). Most people aren't going to give Shenmue the benefit of the doubt that "flaws can be overlooked because it's from 2001", and for $10-$15 there are tons of great original games on the XBLA/PSN service. I'd definitely be afraid that the HD re-releases wouldn't do so well. As an example, I remember a big criticism of the xbox version of Shenmue II was that it was basically a DC port. How would a DC port be received on the 360/ps3? In a way, it could almost turn people away from SIII. A re-release would be great for the established fanbase, but I don't think it'll really help make too many new fans. Making major changes can be difficult and costly, too.

What I would do is make a series of videos that retells the story using the game engine for SIII and record or rerecord the lines with new voice actors. The videos can be released episodically on gametrailers.com, xbox live marketplace, PSN, steam, etc. and can serve the purpose of getting newcomers hooked on the story and leave them with a cliffhanger. You can tell the story without having to about whether or not newcomers will be turned off by the goofy voice acting, or gameplay/graphics from 2001. That makes the most sense to me and I imagine would be more cost effective than an HD rerelease.

As for SIII changes:

I would re-evaluate the role of money and what you can do with it. It doesn't serve much of a purpose in S1 and S2, except for a few story segments. Nothing you buy really does anything.

I would expand upon the fighting/training system - Require a wider variety of strategies, have more opportunities to spar, have more moves and combos to unlock and learn, etc. Maybe have a level system for individual moves, which unlock additional combos and abilities. Be careful to not make it to "video gamey" though ;-)

In general I think the "critical path" could probably move at a faster pace, with the option to explore at your own pace. Remove the tedious chores like airing out the books, moving crates, or at least have them last for a shorter amount of time. I really loved the Iron Palm/Leaf catching segments in SII on the other hand. I guess because they were more unique and were a part of Ryo's "training" (even if it just concerned the story, like the leaf catching).

I agree with some more side stories/NPC interaction and all that.
by Tomato Convenience Store
Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lost that touch

No. I am superb gamer with amazing skill. Look at my PS3 trophies. You're all pussy gamers. Ninja Gaiden is easy peasy. Now excuse me using a virtual keyboard sucks thanks to that hack Kojima and his hipster glasses. Keyboards are too loud. I never talk because I hate my own voice. Fuck you pussy gamers.
by Bluecast
Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There was less shit to test with games in the past.
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Biggie and 2pac are way overrated. To the point of ridiculousness sometimes. And Slim Shady LP > Marshall Mathers LP.

@Ryudo: Yeah, it's sad that peeps still bang on about global warming. We're actually entering a cooling period that's due to last for the next 20-60 years.
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Beat it, loved it, very little to complain about.
I could previously say "oh yeah, I can understand if people are upset about a lack of hit missions/targets dying in cutscenes" and all that, but as it turns out, those complaints are so minor it's not even funny. There are lots of focused "hit" missions. There are many, many levels that play in the classic Hitman style; searching levels, finding interesting ways to eliminate your target, attempting to pull them off without arousing suspicion. It's all there, and absolutely in full force. They just happen to be balanced out with a number of "in-between" or "evade" missions as well, which probably threw people off into thinking they weren't hunting enough.
There are a few instances of targets being eliminated in cutscenes, but they're easily the minority. The very first one, the very last one, and only one or two others that I can think of throughout the rest of the game (though those last two I mention still require the participation of the player to take them down). They're story-focused, so it's kind of understandable. Aside from those, there are still tons of other targets to be eliminated completely at the discretion of the player, just like in earlier games.
That's not to say it doesn't have problems. Of course the disguise system could use some tweaking, as has been mentioned. It might be a little odd that I found myself sneaking more than hiding in plain sight, as was always the series' hallmark before. Sometimes it almost feels more like Splinter Cell because of that. Though, considering the slight backlash against Conviction, it might be a good thing that this is still among the purest of stealth experiences released this gen. Someone like Mittenz who's wanted more stealth lately ought to be completely taken in by the game.
Either way, the good points far outweigh the bad.
The series is alive and kicking with this one. Fully deserving of the "Hitman" title. And honestly, I'd quite like it if they continued making yearly Hitman games, as they alluded to not long ago. Might work out really well.
by OL
Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Custom Case I Bought For Shenmue

Perfect_Chaos wrote: are you happy with it? its not printed out on low rate crappy paper or anything is it?

Looks very professional. I know wish DC games came in it :D
by Bluecast
Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just need one more tomb for Altiar
by Bluecast
Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Virtual Morals

In stealth games I avoid killing and using lethal weapons/ammunition. Not because of my morals, but because I'm the Goddamn Batman!
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://i.imgur.com/RtFmx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JQXEL.jpg

So they do exist. Just that the mansion isn't in the villa. Still I been looking into AC and all these people and locations. I'm really blown away how much homework was done. This is an incredible amount of detail. I think that's the most brilliant part so far is that you feel like this could have really happened. Not had this feeling in terms of detail since Shenmue
by Bluecast
Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wait till you play 3
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Far Cry 3

MiTT3NZ wrote:Here's an idea. Remove all story content from games. Remove all characters. Replace everything with plain white textures/skins, and we have to interpret what's going on, projecting whatever image we like onto everything.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opVmjPGzBUg[/youtube]
by Bluecast
Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So, reading through all I'd missed in this topic since last seeing it, and I keep seeing the word "racism" everywhere. And it's being used in completely the wrong way.
Stereotyping is not automatically racist.
The definition of racism states that it's the quality of considering one race to be above another.
There's nothing complicated to be gleaned from that. Thinking that Mexicans all eat tacos, or that black people all have big dicks isn't racist at all. Ignorant, maybe, but racist?
Nope.
Hell, even negative stereotypes don't automatically denote racism.
I've worked in retail before, and found that people from India, Pakistan, or the Middle East usually pull shelves apart and make a mess everywhere (which I would then have to clean up). That's my own personal stereotype of them. However, my feelings of annoyance over it, and the initial observation that "people like this" tend do do it, aren't racist at all. "Racism" only enters the equation if I decide that another race is better than theirs.

Far Cry 3's true crime with these side-missions involving the natives isn't one of racism; the true crime is that the side-missions as just badly-made to begin with. It wouldn't matter if the natives were black, hispanic, asian, or white; the side-missions suck.
"Find these items."
"Listen to this conversation."
"Scare this guy by shooting but not hitting him."
"Take pictures of this and that."
The problem with the side-missions isn't that they're racist, it's that they're boring.
Would the "racism" issue be averted if only the mission objectives didn't suck?
Probably. But the objectives are so unimaginative, it makes the characters you deal with in them seem simplistic and stupid. The problem isn't racism, but bad mission design.
by OL
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is racist, because it deals with the explicit extermination of a very specific group, by another group that clearly thought of themselves as better. Regardless of gameplay, the aesthetics are clearly expressing a very specific opinion.
Far Cry is absolutely nothing like that. The fact that the side-quests are given by these island natives is only natural; they're the people who live there. Who else would be giving out the side-missions?
The fact that those missions are boring and unimaginative never comes off as an opinion on the natives being lesser beings; it comes off as bad game design.
Pretty big difference there.
by OL
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seriously? No one noticed the claim that Ezio looked nothing like Desmond?
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got through that part on my first try.Really isn't difficult.You said the same thing about ACI and you beat it,no reason why you can't do the same this time around.
by Samanosuke Akechi
Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Google Predicts Xbox 720 Will Crush PS4

So one American company says another American company will do better than a Japanese company? Thats news? Come on, this is just cooperative stealth advertising
by Shotaro Kaneda
Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic