Search found 702 matches

Return

Re: Dojo Forum Update: Moderation Team

I'm sure these guys will be good and take their mod powers seriously but use them in moderation at the same time.

Bad pun?
by Spokane
Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nominate a new name for shenmuekidsx

Pick a name to confuse everyone. Like Spokame, Yana, Mitttens, Peler, Joe Pescii etc.. Or steal an old name no longer used and become beedle'R'us or Ryudo.
by Gingefners, The
Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Picture Association Game!!

Wait.. Dreamcast?
by Yokosuka Martian
Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bronies

Pokemon is a bit different. No, its not surprising for a grown man (or teenager) to like Pokemon and it's gender neutral pretty much.
by Spokane
Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that pissed you off today

I'm good now, just work. Lunch does wonders.
by Yama
Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue II Music: Ryo's Arrival to Guilin (Dreamcast)

Ok it turns out this is not a unused track after all. This track is used in the beginning of the Guilin chapter for the Dreamcast version. I labeled this "unused" because I was using the Xbox port as a reference. If you listen and compare both versions it's obvious they are not the same.

Xbox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmLO2lkidgY&t=91s

Dreamcast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uovBrPi1V9U&t=1m43s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp9IEOhyoqE
by Ziming
Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Well I got engaged a few days ago. So that's a thing.
Congratulations! :D What type of ring did you end up going with?

Decided to go in a bit of a different direction than what I was planning before.
It's white gold with a natural opal in the middle, and two pink sapphires on either side of it. We don't care so much about what's traditional, so it didn't matter if it had diamonds or not.
I liked it because no matter what lighting it's in, the opal and pink sapphires make it look like it's glowing. She loved it.
by OL
Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well I got engaged a few days ago. So that's a thing.
by OL
Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

My little side-bar thing says I'm playing Pokemon Yellow but I actually haven't started it yet. I know I want to play a Pokemon game but I can't decide which one... I've been in a pokemon (nostalgic) mood lately.

how nostalgic are you feelin? If you want something alil closer to the show hit that yellow, but red and blue give you alittle more of a clean slate since they've got less story to em...i probly don't have to tell you that...Ah well ENJOY DEM POKE-MANS!
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^ That's awesome man, I do Music technology and popular music.
by Sailors?
Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

EDIT: After posting this I just read OL's news. Congratulations man!

I'm really excited. I've been back and forth with what I want to do in college but I always come back to one thing. I keep finding excuses for why I shouldn't but now I've decided to do what I love. So, I'm now officially a music theory and composition major with my instrument piano and a minor in guitar. Really excited for the future but I've got my work cut out for me. I must prepare to not have a social life at all for a while, haha.

I can relate to those journeys in music. I studied for some years, played for some years, and then recently went into this hibernation process- that you will soon hear referred to as the ozarks, about 3 years ago. It has benefits. It's hard to discipline yourself like that and stay sane. But I remember awhile back going to play at a club where there was this trumpet player who was about my age playing there. And he also had the same name as me. He acted so much older and I wondered why. Then when the session started, he blew us all away. I couldn't help but approach him afterwards to ask him for tips- expecting to hear a flowery story of success. To my surprise, he gave me a speech about his failures and how he spent years in seclusion and schooling forsaking any secular activities to reach his goal. It sounded depressing to hear and made me want to forget reaching for that level. Then when I gave it a try, it wasn't that grim at all and is more of a personal journey that's actually uplifting.
by Jokatech19
Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BROTHAMITE BROTHAMITE! Ask the wise Brotha fools!

Crimson Ryan wrote:How does it feel to be back in General?

Pretty damn good. 8)
by Brothaman
Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lamewad Music

That's great man, I love when people have passions for instruments and for a second instrument you play the guitar very well. Its funny actually my main instrument is the guitar and second instrument is keyboard (never could afford a piano). It's been a long time though since i've done any videos or anything, should probably start doing some again I used to enjoy it. It's a shame you say you're not going to do any videos of you playing piano, it would be great to hear (it's actually my favourite instrument.) and you could even do your own version of the Shenmue theme ;) (obvious I know).

But yeah keep it up man, was a very nice cover.
by Sailors?
Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I keep thinking I ought to pick the guitar back up again. Got really into it a ways back, but sort of drifted away from it over time.
Good luck on your progress though. Seems like a good idea, being able to review yourself like that.
by OL
Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What guitar is that LAMEWAD? Cool fretboard inlays.

Hey, sorry for hijacking yer thread, but check my channel as well: http://www.youtube.com/user/VyseHazuky/videos

And keep up the good work! :D
by Vyse Hazuky
Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Soundin good there.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you ever need someone to mix your shit, just come to me. Oddly enough, I actually mix rock better than I do Hip-Hop...
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RIP Demonoid

Never used demonoid but for me private trackers are the real shit
and..
SoR is still alive
by wude
Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

Lamewad is not lame at all guys, he sent me 3 games free to me.

by Spokane
Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Studying Abroad in London

Don't forget it's on Three Blades Street in the Lucky Charm Quarter in Wan Chai.
by Spokane
Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Music similar to Shenmue OST

i see a few people have posted some songs by ryuichi sakamoto, which is nice. im also a big fan.

probably the main reason i got into ryuichi sakamoto is because he has some music which reminds me of shenmue. ( would be great if he could work on SH3 :) )

-- here are a few songs which have that shenmue feeling (well for me anyway)

- joe hisaishi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVlJe_is3DI

ryuichi sakamoto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35NBuRqI8K8

also here is one by Toshiyuki Watanabe (who helped with shenmue1 music) but this was made back in 1996
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1Z9EdzeH_k
by redline
Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Having a good time at my internship. I make art assets and the time just fliiiiiiiiies by. Hopefully I can get a full time job out of this! :)
by Yukupo
Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GEN 2 GEN my Youtube channel

Some visual trickery was used
http://i.imgur.com/PALQy.jpg

Pete Henry it's a guy from the film blade.

In all seriousness been trying to lose weight and slow but working. Goal is to lose 40 pounds

My goal is to get back to this guy
http://i.imgur.com/BXQ04.jpg
by Bluecast
Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's such a weird feeling looking at old posts of mine. I don't remember ever saying most of the things but they're there... so I guess I did. It's like looking at me... but a different me, since I can't recall ever saying most of it. Now I'm being redundant. Anyway...

You'll look back on this and think the same thing. Then you'll comment on it and the process will continue until you stop posting here or die.

Neither of which I want to happen, especially the dying part.
by Spokane
Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: jak and daxter

^^I'm kind of excited for you. Jak 3 is my favorite one. You've got some awesome gameplay ahead of you.
by OL
Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

OL:

http://i.imgur.com/eCJBf.jpg

Ha! I was just about to put Michael J. Fox for my vision of OL , but decided on Matthew Broderick at the last minute. It's the awesome voice, as well as the personality.

KiBa:

http://i.imgur.com/LI4s9.jpg

Pretty close.
by KiBa
Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tokyo Game Show 2012

But Mittens, Nintendo DS is region free and it's available on Amazon UK...

Like Riku, I hope there's new games we know nothing about.

Because you started your sentence with "like" I couldn't help but read that as if a teenage girl was saying it.

Like, whatever .
http://i.imgur.com/0wIIx.jpg
by Henry Spencer
Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pheonix Skin

The Phoenix skin is actually in a box, behind a wall, in the secret basement beneath the Dojo.
by KiBa
Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebritys You Look Like

Because he has a disease. We at the Dojo don't stand for mocking those with illnesses. Good day Sir!
How the fuck was I supposed to know I don't stock celeb profiles :P

Really? Do you know anyone else who might stock them?

I'm looking for a Scarlett Johansson and Johnny Depp specifically. And since Sonikku mentioned it, a Kristen Stewart would be nice as well.
by Kenny
Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

American vs. PAL vs. Japanese

So this topic is about comparing the different regions game covers and which one you prefer and why. ( I know Ico will be brought up here for sure)

The only reason I used all PS3 covers was because I couldn't find any good sized 360 ones.

The Japanese cover wins here to me. It's simple and the A6M2 Zero and its successors are one of the best fighters ever to be made, make that best planes ever to fly. And it shows the power of Japan without having to show other countries planes on fire. And a single plane which doesn't make it too cluttered and some clouds and a horizon to compliment it. I also like the PAL cover more too because of the view point, looking down the barrel of its cannons as its aiming to shot down the Zero. The Japanese obviously didn't want to depict their planes on fire like we did here in America and Europe. Kind of a funny observation but a true one for sure. Here we have the P-38 Lighting on the NTSC and PAL covers which is also one of the best planes ever to fly, but its power is only shown through its gun and the fact that the Japanese planes are on fire and crashing.

PAL

http://i48.tinypic.com/5yb6g.jpg

Japan

http://i47.tinypic.com/2ytp9vp.jpg

NTSC

http://i49.tinypic.com/258tq55.jpg
by Spokane
Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NTSC vs. PAL vs. Japanese

I agree with you Lamewad on both games, not to mention you followed up with another Konami game. :lol:
by Spokane
Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

no problem, i'll work on that ;)
by wude
Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

LAMEWAD wrote: Can somebody tell me if this icon

:o)

Is supposed to be a guy smiling with a big nose or a guy gasping with a fat chin?

I can't tell you what it is. You're too young.
by Dorian
Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: American vs. PAL vs. Japanese

I don't dislike the US boxart of Lost Odyssey I just freakin love the Japanese one. Kaim looks tired fits the theme, makes you wonder what kind of game would have such a pissed off protagonist.

JP

US
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Anime Opening/Ending Songs

We kinda had one of these

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=42124&hilit=anime+music

Ah well, i always loved how obviously 90s this op was, and how upbeat it was for all the depressing shit that happens in it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_PKgztP0zw[/youtube]
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA/Nintendo Console wars..anime?

One of the comments listed the characters as

GIA - Sonic the Hedgehog
OPUL - Fantasy Zone
NERU - Phantasy Star
TEJILOF - Tetris
RAMSES - Columns
MARCSE - Super Mario Bros.
GREEGE - Luigi
ZERIG - Legend of Zelda
CARVAI - Kirby
FARE - Fire Emblem
MASA - Mother
SAROID - Metroid
PIRIKA - Pokemon
FOSTA - Star Fox

These are based on franchises/titles, not necessarily characters. Most of them seem to have some sort of pun or loose reference in their name that's hard to make out once the name has been romanized. Example:

Fosta is written フォスタ. Star Fox is written スターフォックス. Now take スターフォ ックス and scramble that around.
by Calshot
Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections

Nice one, LW. Out of all the posters for S1+S2, that is one of my fav's.
by Mitsuzuki
Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your favorite SEGA Console

Genesis/Megadrive easily.
Never had a Saturn, but I've looked through its library of games many times, and there are still only a scant few gems that really catch my attention. And the Dreamcast is great, and has a few of the greatest exclusives ever, but I think the system gets built-up a little too much by "cult" gamers these days as some kind of golden shining moment in gaming history, going on about some kind of nonexistent "cohesion" between the various Sega-made games in its library and whatnot. But at the end of the day, I just see it as another gaming console with only a small few games that truly appeal to me. Granted, some of those games are among the greatest ever made, but the amount of them is far too small for me to give much credit to the DC itself.

The Genesis is pure gold, though. The original Sonic games are near perfection, and the system is home to a huge host of brilliantly fun titles.
Rocket Knight Adventures, Ranger X, Shining Force, Wings of Wor, Comix Zone, Gunstar Heroes, Flashback, Shinobi III, Bonanza Brothers, Target Earth, Landstalker, Phantasy Star series, Alisia Dragoon, Beyond Oasis, Rolling Thunder series, Uncharted Waters and New Horizons... the list goes on and on.
So many games with so few negative points to them.
More than almost any other era of gaming, the 16-bit era was all about good, simple fun . And the Genesis/MD was absolutely exemplary of that.
by OL
Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that pissed you off

Something like that happened to me once. Sorry to hear that bud.
by Spokane
Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that pissed you off

She obviously didn't care about you enough if she killed it so quickly.

Feels awful when the only friend you had doesn't give two shits. I'm just not the type of person to be alone, I need a social life otherwise I'm unhappy. I know some people who are content with being by themselves but I'm not one of them, I guess.

Here huuuuuugs.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue inspired trips to japan topic

Hey lavrentis very cool, I have very similar pictures from my trip! Heres a cool one of Dobuita at night

http://i.imgur.com/9sHn2.jpg

I think mue26 and me nearly ran into each other, maybe we have even seen each other at the Asakusa Festival when the portable shrines got carried around.

Hey Kyodai I was at that festival too! We were on the news and everything. We stayed at hotel Asakusa which is about 3 blocks from there.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Nice work wdrpgwd :)

the library
by wude
Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic