Search found 62 matches

Return

Re: Last thing you bought

Last purchase was an HTC One X smartphone.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rough Translation of Scroll

you may have noticed the scroll before the nice story spoiler at the end. as much as people don't want to believe that is part of the story it is. it seems like shenmue will have a history repeating kind of story. where something that happens in the past will happen again in the present.

----- Rough Translation of the scroll ------

An age ago the world was once peaceful but two mirrors threatened this peace.
The two mirrors were sealed in a cave called Finis.
The Dragon's vein is bound by these two mirrors.
However the Dragon awoke, shaking the earth and the world
The Dragon’s veins lead to chaos in nature.
The Dragon flooded the city, causing the end of the dynasty.
The Dragon controlled Finis's power and the three saints of old time.
However the Great Phoenix fell down from the sky to fight with him and its magical wind calmed the dragon’s anger.
The world once again was at peace.

However the demon has stolen the mirror once again.

---

(This is a rough translation and some lines are missing as the scroll is written using old Chinese characters which are bloody complex, even the 400mb video is not a high enough resolution to make them out completely).

Another interesting peace of information is that the outfit Shenhua transforms into is from Miao nationality and is something they use to wear many many years ago. I think this adds weight to my age old theory of Shenhua being older than she appears (much much older).

Thanks go to my girlfriend for translating all this. And remember lines are missing.. Not all of it was legible.

(Extra Note Edit: Don't whine about shenmue becoming unrealistic. I saw this coming in Shenmue 1. Why else would you go around fighting and killing for a mirror unless it has some hidden power. and why would there be a poem all about Ryo's arrival... duuurrr..)

--

Edit Number 2: I edited out the story line part and put it together so its continuous. you can see the city flood. etc

http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx?/hst/H/e/Hellrais/shenmueonline/SOSpoiler.zip

Props to Hellrasier for uploading it for me.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Postmortem Discussion

I be watching the live stream, old time dojo here to join in! :)
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Postmortem Discussion

seriously its time to move on..

after 13 years all he can say is "dot dot dot". the usual rubbish? he clearly isn't interested in pursuing the game any more, you could tell it in his whole de-meaner and dismissal of the question. the game hasn't been this hyped in years, if he was interested in pushing it he would have said way more than that...

we need to move on, Yu is getting old, old enough where this isn't a reality or possibility anymore. He's too busy making money consulting for small Chinese mobile games companies...
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

If we look at the last 3 hours, just as an example

9.20pm (BST) - $ 3,048,896
10.20pm (BST)- $ 3,061,544 ($ 12,648)
11.20pm (BST) - $ 3,070,500 ($ 8956 )
12.20pm (BST) - $ 3,078,138 ($ 7638 )

its not consistent, but all of today its been an average of 10k an hour. This is pretty good, if we keep that pace we have nothing to worry about, we will blast right past 4 million and hit 9-10 million around the end of the kick starter.

However! we need to be realists here. We are not going to maintain that rate, its going to drop and probably by half at least, if it maintains half of what we are currently getting we will come out around 6.5 million at the end.

Now keeping in mind there will be lulls after this week where it'll drop off people's radar, so best to work that into the final figure and reduce it a bit more. So I think its fair to assume we are going to hit around 5.5 - 6 million. the pace will REALLY have to tank terribly to end up with less, which is totally possible, its a 14 year old franchise.

for all we know those two extra goals might be 5 million and 6 million; in that situation, with a lot of luck (and I mean a lot!) we could make it, if they are more than that I really don't see it happening....

We may need to pool all those resources in the Shenmue community and fight for the kickstarter like we fought every month just to get our voices heard.. whatever stops we have, pull them all out!
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People really need to understand the importance of the kickstarter, and more importantly need to stop with this "I'm backing $29 because there is no Physical PS4 version". I really don't understand how people can want a game for 14 years, and then be willing to be so stingy with their pledge, which will inturn make the game suffer.

This... so MUCH!
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

no, Sony didn't promise anything. They said they are helping, the details of which are unknown, but more than likely depend on how well the kicker starter does, the smaller the overall pledge total, the less support from investors, whether that's Sony or someone else.

Its typical nerdy mouth breathing internet dwelling keyboard warriors putting 'assumptions' and 'drama' out there as 'fact' and then all the sub human socially recluse idiots jump on the bandwagon...

From the very beginning the kick starter has said, Digital PS4, Physical and/or digital PC.. its right there in writing before people even pledged... honestly its not rocket science, why are people so dumb and think that will change after pledging, they need to grow up.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anybody remember that Shenmue HD remake that was posted to youtube about a year ago?

I think Yu should hire this kid to do some work, He made this in Unreal Engine 4 (Same engine that Shenmue 3 is using)

He did a pretty good job in staying faithful to the original art style all while making it look graphically impressive.

Seems like a very passionate fan as well.

http://s22.postimg.org/69ormt0y7/Untitled.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7cjDaOQpB0

I wonder if Yu has seen this video.

well Yu is using Twitter now :) if enough of us send a link his way, you never know! :) and you'll be giving the guy a dream job too :)
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Awesome Japan

We'll be ok. They made the $2 million goal in less than a day and are somehow making more money today than they have in the past week.

https://www.kickstarter.com/discover/most-funded?ref=sidebar

Shenmue 3 is also steadily climbing into the top 10 most funded Kickstarters of all time, with 20 days to go.

this weeks boost is a one time boost, those were a limited number of grab bags which people have upped their excising pledge to, this hasn't brought more people in and now that they are all gone and you can already see its slowed right back down.

They need to bring something in that will convince people who are sitting on the fence, some new tiers which are not limited in quantity, such as Physical PS4, Phoenix/Dragon Mirrors at the $750 mark ...etc etc...

I'm the same as others, we should be celebrating Shenmue 3 coming, but the utter, total incompetence of Awesome Japan is squandering the opportunity, any other company would have maximized on having stage time at Sony's E3 press conference, Awesome Japan has 100% totally squandered it and its stressful and frustrating.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

We are at 3.75 mil with 3 weeks left to go.

That's because we got a huge boost at the beginning due to being advertised on an international stage at Sony's E3 press conference. We essentially started out of the gate with $2 million due to that. However outside of that we have been doing roughly 50% of what bloodstained achieved on a day to day basis. all the projections on Kicktraq now put us at 4 - 4.5 million.

Bloostained Shenmue 3
Day 7 $ 99667 $ 57244
Day 8 $ 84591 $ 44669
Day 9 $ 66261 $ 31074
Day 10 $ 49884 $ 25402
Day 11 $ 57399 $ 25293

A big push is coming on Friday with 30 on the 3rd, probably a lot more big investments with the next round of reward tiers, and of course the last minute bump. All in all it looks like Shenmue is on track to beat Bloodstained.

Bloodstained "last minute bump" was around 150k-200k (if you only take the last few days where the pledge amounts increased) and this was caused by aggressive social media work by the company managing the kickstarter and last minute panic pledging, why would people who have never played the previous two titles in a story heavy franchise panic pledge in the last few days? I think we will see a bump, but no where near as large as Bloodstained.

I also hope the fan led "pledge $30 on the 3rd" works, indeed I think it'll have the same affect the new tiers had yesterday, but even that only brought it in line with Bloodstained normal sustained daily pledge levels and only for one day due to the limited quantities available.

I hope you prove me wrong, I really do... I would love to "insert foot into mouth" on this occasion, but I'd be willing to bet actual cash we won't finish ahead of bloodstained.

Could the KS have been better, maybe. But it's doing relatively great and thus far there's nothing I can really pin on Awesome Japan as having done wrong. The twitch interview included which everyone is taking waaay to seriously. If there's a problem anywhere, its with the people on this forum and this thread in particular, who are being unsatisfiable and entitled cynical assholes who go around harassing and mocking undeserving people.

the whole point of a social media presence by a company tasked with 'promoting' is to encourage people to pledge/buy. Using a cheap camera, low quality microphone, not testing the setup before hand, not having images ready, not using the tools available within twitch to filter out questions and saying "meh going too fast, I give up" after 2 questions, all the while using an unprofessional (possibly high) interviewer isn't the way to do it, they even messed up the Reddit AMA and ended up splitting questions between two totally separate threads.

its not that people are being cynical or 'unsatisfiable' as you put it, its just people expect at least a minimum level of professionalism to put the whole kickstarter in a positive light, which is really needed considering how major media sites are being extremely toxic with misinformed click bait articles.

what I will say is we are getting Shenmue 3 and thats great and we owe it entirely to Sony, allowing Yu Suzuki onto the stage at E3, without that... I'm not entirely sure "Awesome Japan" would have breached 2.5 million yet.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenhua face!

describes how they have reduced the visual age and made it appear more feminine by changing a jaw line, hair, open sleeves on the clothes etc..
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

I think we are more likely to get answers to our questions if mulitple people tweet the same questions so they appear more often. with that in mind we might want to compile our favorites from the thread (and others) and have perhaps 10 set questions we will all ask via the hash tag.

These are the ones I would like to know:

** Will you use the "Shenmue Trial" as feedback to improve the game in the same way Square Enix have with the FF15 demo?
https://twitter.com/RiGoRmOrTiS_UK/status/616384881317257216

** Will there be official kickstarter/Shenmue 3 forums to discuss and give feedback throughout the development process?
https://twitter.com/RiGoRmOrTiS_UK/status/616384992277606400

** Will everything be voice acted in the same way as 1 and 2? or will budget constraints not allow 100% VO all the time?
https://twitter.com/RiGoRmOrTiS_UK/status/616385120778502144

** If you allow PayPal pledges after the Kickstarter finishes will you still let us know when stretch goals are met?
https://twitter.com/RiGoRmOrTiS_UK/status/616385229377376256

** Do you no longer have access to the 3d models used in the “Shenmue Passport” disc to help you model Ryo and other characters?
https://twitter.com/RiGoRmOrTiS_UK/status/616385355642720256

** Will all action scenes be fully motion captured like the previous Shenmue games or is this too cost prohibitive?
https://twitter.com/RiGoRmOrTiS_UK/status/616385470797357056

** If SEGA agree to release HD versions of Shenmue 1 and 2 will you allow save game imports into Shenmue 3?
https://twitter.com/RiGoRmOrTiS_UK/status/616385607648960512

I've provided links to my tweets in case you guys like the questions and want to retweet/favorite to make them more visible and increase their chance of being asked.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My ugly face on a Lucky Hit board

well for 30 on the 3rd today I upped my pledge by 3..... times #-o

better prepare my ugly mug for people passing through Choubu 8-[

I must be insane
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $20,000 pledge for the future of our Guilin school.

amazing work you do, I don't see why Yu Suzuki would disagree, it would be good publicity for the game too if they do a little press release about the collaboration as well.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's happened in your life in the past 14 years?

yeah 14 years damn, in the time I've been waiting for this I finished college, finished 4 years of univserity, got cancer, cured my cancer, got a job which I've been in for 10 years now, met a girl in China, got married.. and now.. Shenmue 3!

back in 2001 after finishing Shenmue 2 I never thought I'd have to wait this long....
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: V.E.T School Owners In Guilin Pledge $20,000 To Kickstar

Just made this tweet, not sure whether retweet or lots of separate tweets are more beneficial, but here is a link either way

https://twitter.com/RiGoRmOrTiS_UK/stat ... 4791351296
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Inb4 toxic sites like polygon and Kotaku twist this into 'impoverished school wastes important funds on videogame rather than investing in school'

They'll do anything to get clicks, I wouldnt put it past them to twist something amazing. .. The article should specify it's their personal money, not taken out the schools coffers to try and counter this? Don't want to give those sites the opportunity. ...
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter:Final value and overall success assessment

Exposure is not conference. This includes medias, newspapers, hype, social networks etc.

in which case Bloodstained had more coverage, since their KS's campaign was ran correctly. not entirely sure what point your trying to make when Shenmue isn't far off backers wise... if 50,000 + isn't enough, neither is 64,867.. which we know.. is enough, since millions would gobble up a new Castlevania.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Returning Characters?

Just imagine Ryo, Ren and Ghuizang beating the fuck out of dozens of Chi You Men goons in some little rural chinese village..

this is pretty much my fantasy too... I hope it happens. those three all teamed up for a huge fight would be epic. I bet Gui Zhang and Ren are constantly annoying each other with Ryo in the middle.. lol
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some people have accused us of doing this for fame yet no one even knows our real names

a lot of shitty people out there, they are just jealous they don't have the resolve or the self worth it takes to do the amazing things you have dedicated yourselves too.. try not to let them bother you, they are inferior in every possible way.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter:Final value and overall success assessment

James Brown wrote: Image

Woooo!

all of a sudden his expressions make sense :P
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Kickstarter closing in on 4.5 million!

the new extra tiers didn't really give the pledge total a boost today, looks like we will hit around the same as yesterday (80k-ish).. and the only reason we haven't dropped back down to 15k a day is because that PS4 physical tier still has some serious legs. its been our savior really and what made 5 million a possibility (rather than just hobbling past 4 million)

To keep this in perspective however; to hit 5 million we need to maintain above 60k a day... which basically means the pace we currently have can't slow down, at all.. how likely is that?.. I worry.

and don't rely on a surge at the end, every kick starter that had a surge at the end was directly linked to the KS company actively and aggressively engaging media outlets and social media, Awesome Japan has thus far only engaged backers.. so a surge at the end of our KS is not 100% assured...

http://www.funded.today/blog/the-myth-of-the-kickstarter-spike-at-the-end/

however if we do get a surge at the end, they really need to rearrange those stretch goals, that 900k gap will reduce whatever surge we get because people on the fence won't think their pledge will make a difference.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Kickstarter closing in on 4.5 million!

I agree with Rigor that the 5.1-6m gap will discourage last day backers, i tweeted Cedric today saying to add a goal in there, even if its just something stupid, people need the carrot.

We must get 6m goal at least!

I'm happy with 5 million game wise, but I really want to beat bloodstained because if Shenmue can take the "most funded" kick starter title from bloodstained it might open lots of other possibilities, such as SEGA removing their head from own ass and releasing Shenmue 1 & 2 HD (thus helping possible post KS pledges and the final sales of Shenmue 3 at retail, which in turn will help Shenmue 4)
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have you made a second Kickstarter account?

$1500 on one account for my PC copy, another account for $60 PS4 physical, I'll probably up that to $80 for the phone card so I have that in both copies.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III is KS project of the day

last few days we've gone 84k > 83k > 67k....... in daily pledges. if it drops anymore than this we won't hit 5 million, its unlikely we will have a surge at the end if you actually look at previous kickstarters and what caused the surges at those times.

we need Awesome Japan to do something to keep the momentum up to at least maintain what we are taking in, we ain't gonna beat bloodstained at this point.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III is KS project of the day

last few days we've gone 84k > 83k > 67k....... in daily pledges. if it drops anymore than this we won't hit 5 million, its unlikely we will have a surge at the end if you actually look at previous kickstarters and what caused the surges at those times.

we need Awesome Japan to do something to keep the momentum up to at least maintain what we are taking in, we ain't gonna beat bloodstained at this point.

Can't blame anyone but Shenmue fans for that, tbh. Awesome Japan's update yesterday was pretty great, and they've been surprisingly on top of things since the physical PS4 announcement.

They have? Other than updating the tiers to what people asked for and sending emails to people who have already pledged, what proactive engagement have they done with mainstream media and social media to push the KS?
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you looking forward to checking into Hotel Bird Danc

A blueprint has never made me so excited
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #29 - Dreams Come True - New Rewards

I don't think these new rewards will have much of an impact, but lets hope im wrong...

I don't think it will either, we really need something like a Shenmue HD announcement which is unlikely until after the KS ends. We just have to.hope we get lucky with some unexplainable boost at the ends, I don't see it happening though
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Twitter Q&A Round 2 with Yu coming later!

Exactly ^

There are plenty of questions that we can ask that Yu can actually answer but instead people are going to ask about the color of prototype Ryo's hair and a paypal option for the millionth time.

exactly, we should be asking if there is progress on Shenmue HD since he said he was going to talk with sega.

ask how long it will take after KS ends to get officail site and forums up..

etc.. etc..
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #32 - Capsule Blowout and more!

Dropped 10k since new tiers announced.. Not surprised

Like we all said, add anymore tiers it would come back to bite em. ..
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just use another email account when signing up.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

pledge wise they are still coming in, but so many people are downgrading tiers to the new lower lost ones that the pledges totals are bearly moving. AJ strikes again..

No offence to the people here doing that, but could you, like, not? Are these shitty rewards really worth having a negative impact on the funding levels? Just stick with your original pledges. You really don't need your face on a crappy toy capsule or some exclusive technique scroll that, for all you know, could be worthless or whatever you're downgrading to.

just for reference, today alone 15 were lost from the $1500 pledge, depending on what tier they downgraded to its between $10,000-$20,000 lost.

AJ are ruining this KS by trying to milk a one time success tier, first by doubling that particular tier and then copying it across multiple other tiers; over and over again.. rather than doing their actual god damn job and marketing the sodding kick starter!!!

they are happy to leave that to fans.. I assume they are being paid to run the KS, maybe they should actually do something more than updating a page and fudging streams and Reddit AMAs badly.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

lol following this kick starter is too stressful, I think i'll see what comes out of the #Youaskyu twitter questions and then stay away for a week lol.

I've done my bit with a $1500 pledge and a $80... while ElephantStone's pledge change is overly dramatic and disproportionate to the situation we can't deny they have gone way OTT with the tiers and caused damage to the KS...
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your chosen rewards poll

$1500 I AM SHENMUE.. (will choose PC Phsyical)

+ $80 for PS4 (Phsyical)

I'll never reduce my pledges for that would be disingenuous and cause too much heart ache for those like me who watch the total day in day out :)
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #33: Masaya Matsukaze Back with More

oh for god sake, another tier, they have truly lost the plot... do something to increase pledges, quit it with these bloody reward tiers, at least this one doesn't cannibalize other tiers but honestly I don't see many people wanting to scan\photo their hand to be included in some book in game....
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cedric bomb updates ???

Rig, I know I often pick up on your funding posts (like the other day when you predicted $25K and we got $50K+) and I'm not trying to be an arse. But we're going to make it. IT WILL pass $5M, so good God man, stop worrying about $4.9!

lol I don't mind people challenging my posts, I'm sure subconsciously I post my pessimistic views in the hopes that someone will say something which makes me change my mind (and make me feel better!) because I want the opposite of what I say to happen. so by all means, challenge my pessimism at any opportunity.. prove me wrong so I can do a little Irish jig when it funds past 5 million and I have to eat my own words :) would make me very happy \:D/
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cedric bomb updates ???

Well the bomb was another 'name something ' tier.. Nothing to see here.. Move along.. You'd think the great success of the 'name a fishing rod' tier might have clued them in...
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The new trailer is a bad ...

They haven't even hired staff yet, this was probably one guy quickly animating by hand and slapping light sources in to get a video out.. It's perfectly fine for now, if it looks like that 12 months into development then we can complain.

If that's what they can do in unreal 4 with no staff I think we should be very excited
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The new trailer is bad ...

As opposed to mighty number 9 kickstarter that showed amazing unique concept 2D art only to release a very generic looking 3d atheistic. Personally I think the willingness to show such early work is a level of honesty and transparency that is appreciated by many. People pledging on KS are generally knowledgeable enough to understand 'work in progress' shots this early on, Joe public who might misunderstand don't usually pledge on kickstarters, if they did bloodstained and many others would be 10 million+ in funds
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The new trailer is bad ...

I'm not worried about the trailer appealing to new backers. Why? The Kickstarter earned $100,000 yesterday and is looking to do the same today. We're going to hit the $5 million stretch goal and I'm sure momentum will continue until the end. Things went about as well as they could.

Yup I'm of this mindset now too, the only pessimistic bone left in my body now is the one hoping there are not loads of pledge trolls waiting for it to hit 5 million
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $5,000,000 REACHED!

they should change policy and if a pledge is above a certain value it should charge a minimum none refundable amount to make sure people are serious about their pledge.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tomorrow Shenmue haters around the globe will eat crow

Just tweeted Jason from Kotaku and apparently he says it's from Kotaku UK which is run by a different company entirely..

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/statu ... 4498726912
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Applause for YSnet for their Kickstarter Effort and Work

I'll applaud YS Net, Shibuya's Cedric Biscay, Sony's Gio Corsi and the Shenmue fan base for keeping the dream alive for 14 years to even get us to this point.

Awesome Japan were given a golden goose but it was the fans that put the work in and enabled us to do this well, if AJ was better its entirely possible we may have gone higher, although its also possible the fans have done so much that AJ couldn't have topped it and have rode our coat tails to this success :)

regardless we appear to be getting an amazing result today :)

btw as I typed this we hit 6 million.. waiting for the trolls to strike now :)
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BIG BANG! 6 million reached and it keeps going!!!

I'm so thankful for the Shenmue fans who kept this alive for 14 years, who campaigned and kept it at the forefront of people's minds. While I lamented and felt deflated every E3 and never gave up hope, I never campaigned like others did and for that you people have my thanks... you have all made something I thought was impossible.. possible..
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki officially announces Paypal support for Shenmu

really they should have had the paypal page up and ready for the end of the stream along with all the available paypal pledging options and the stretch goals lists ready for updates...

.. by the time its up the end of the kick starter is reported everywhere and the momentum is gone.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic