Search found 40 matches

Return

Re: The Football Thread

I do feel bad for him. I'm a West Brom fan and think he's a cracking manager. At least Chelsea gave him a shot at this season, even if its been cut short for him.
by Stocke
Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Most wanted 2013 game.

I'm a huge tales of fan, so Xilla is No 1 on my list.
I'm also really looking forward to the stick of truth.
I've also been playing through the Yakuza games for the first time in the last few months, and i'm at the climax of 4 now. Damn good series. I hope the 5th gets localized for 2013.
by Stocke
Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Been playing the alpha of FF14: ARR. So excited for when it comes out in the new year. I've done everything i wanted to do in it now, and i have to say so far it's brilliant.
by Stocke
Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: I dunno if its PS3 PC crossplay tho, either way I'd give the ps3 version a buy if everyone else was in.

Checked ARR for PS3 on amazon and under features:

~Cross platform play on PlayStation 3 and Windows PC

Count me in if you make a group :tup:
by Stocke
Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all had a good day.
by Stocke
Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Just finished playing The legend of heroes: Trails in the sky for PSP. Anyone else played it? I'm gutted there's no confirmed release date for the second game.
by Stocke
Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Square and Enix RPG's(anything outside Final Fantasy)

The world ends with you was my favourite DS game until Radiant Historia. Cant wait to find out more about it.
by Stocke
Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Japanese version of this text

Welcome to the dojo!
by Stocke
Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the 90's rocked

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pa6SGYWADU[/youtube]
by Stocke
Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show

Rakim wrote: Someone sounds bitter....

It's been over a decade. I don't blame him.
I'm bitter as hell.
by Stocke
Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

If you can help it, make sure to play yakuza 1 + 2. Preferably before 3 + 4 if it's not too late.
The first two games are seriously amazing, and i think it lets you enjoy the nods to them in the later games a lot more than just watching those recap videos. Those don't half miss a lot out.
by Stocke
Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HMV saved [for now]

The pricing is probably the biggest reason why i don't tend to shop there. So many places to get things cheaper.
by Stocke
Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Maggie Thatcher dies

I wasn't even alive while she was in power, so I'm not exactly sure what her politics were.
A lot of people i know who are into politics have told me today that they're not sad to see her go though.
by Stocke
Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fan Translations

I really do love fan translations. They're like a forbidden fruit. Without the fans taking matters into their own hands, you'd never get to experience them.

I'm quite a big Tales Of fan. Right now there's multiple fan translations going on for games in the series that now have near enough no chance of being released in English like Tales of Hearts on DS , and Tales of Vesperia PS3 . Been following those for a few years now.

I also want to bring up some titles that we need to see fan translations for, I will start with (and everyone should see this coming) The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky Part 2.

I wish Xseed would hurry up with that. I can remember when i finished that and wanted more badly. It got to the point of where i was thinking of playing through the game with a rough translated script :lol: Glad i didn't though.
by Stocke
Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bombs in Boston

A friend of mine is really into his conspiracy theories.
He got really annoying about them so i always try to avoid the them. Sometimes the things he says makes sense, like the occasional odd coincidence. But a lot of the time he just sounds obsessed; the government is the greatest evil out there. They're stop at nothing to control every aspect of our lives etc.

No matter what happens, we need a government to run the country. It's fine to ask questions, in fact questions NEED to be asked so that we're sure we aren't getting fed lies.

It's just the nutjobs that really piss me off. They've already decided the bombing was the work of the goverment or a politician when they have literally no evidence to base those accusations on. It's literally just happened for fucks sake.
by Stocke
Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: texas fertilizer plant blows up

Ryudo wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROrpKx3aIjA[/youtube]

Why the fuck would you put your kid in potential danger?

To be fair that was pretty far away. Who knew that a giant explosion was imminent?

I feel bad for the firemen that went to fight that fire :(
by Stocke
Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

QWERTY™ wrote: I think I'm going to give up drinking alcohol.

It's going to be tough when your friends are drinking and you're not.
Good luck to you mate. You can do it.
by Stocke
Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

Just got hold of my copy of persona 4 arena. Still pissed off about how long we had to wait for it in Europe.
At least it was as good as i was expecting it to be. The pixel art and soundtrack are awesome.
by Stocke
Thu May 16, 2013 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

Finally managed to nab the black version of the watch that Shenmue based Ryo's watches design on for £20
Stumbled across it on ebay and watched it for like a week.

I feel very sorry for that person who recently spent $100 on one of these watches.
by Stocke
Thu May 16, 2013 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No used games is a wonderful idea

You have got to be kidding.

If you really want to support the developer, of course you'll buy it new if you can.
But to enforce a mandatory fee to play used games is just a way to milk consumers for more money.
by Stocke
Tue May 28, 2013 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cliffy B: You can have trade ins or AC style epics

Microsoft are just coming across as greedy. They're going against the trend in a very negative fashion, and they're struggling to make up good excuses for it.

This sounds like another one of those excuses.

I thought the xbox 360 was bad enough. Needing gold to do anything online, even using things such as Netflix and Hulu. And even when you pay for gold, the amount of advertisements rammed down your throat is phenomenal.

They've actually managed to take it a step further with charging for used games and other forms of DRM.
There's also that thing with the privacy concerns.

Microsoft seriously need to do some backpedaling or they will be in trouble.
by Stocke
Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to set up my laptop to stream iPlayer...

Pretty sure you can get browser addon's that make sites think you're from a certain area.

A quick search shows that Media Hint is a decent one for iplayer.

https://mediahint.com/
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... edia-hint/
Wouldn't know what to use for a phone though :sad:
by Stocke
Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dragon Slayer-Legend of Heroes-TITS series

Day one buy on PC. I've been looking forward to SC for a long time.
by Stocke
Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Organ Donation

Guys, guys, please tell me you're only joking.
Apologies in advance if you are.

Everyone enjoys a good laugh here at the Shenmue Dojo.
by Stocke
Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Persona/Shin Megami Tensei series

It mentions emancipation, so i expect it will be about being chained down by adult life, as opposed to the freedom you have when you're younger. We might see an older cast this time around...

Man, the wait is gonna kill me.
by Stocke
Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm personally happy its coming out on ps3, it means not having to buy a ps4 for quite a while yet.
Persona 5 is dangerously close to a system seller for me.
by Stocke
Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Come on man, i think you're confusing constructive criticism with "personal attacks" here. (although mittens could of been a bit more tactful with his criticism).
It's no so much the message you're sending (which i completely agree with) more how it's presented in your video.
You do constantly label logical assumptions as facts, and the video was much longer than it needed to be.

Not saying i could do any better, because i couldn't. I just don't think you should ignore the criticism that's been stated in this thread because you disagree with it, which is how it's coming across.
by Stocke
Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Member of the Month

I enjoyed that payoff, congratulations QWERTY, may your reign never end.
by Stocke
Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Tweetathon

Just hit midnight in the UK. Ill be sure to send some more tweets throughout the day.
by Stocke
Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo in All-Stars Racing Transformed? (Finally?)

I don't understand how people can be upset for a charity DLC character. It could be god damn dora the explorer and it would still be good. As long as it's helping people, (legitimately helping, not those hate group fuckers that disguise themselves as charities.) then it's great.

But that's just my opinion man.

You make it sound like no one wants dora the explorer DLC.
by Stocke
Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tales Series

Surprised no ones posted about it yet,

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-12-tales-of-zestiria-announced-will-celebrate-series-20th-anniversary

Tales of Zestiria announced! Very excited, and a worldwide release has been confirmed simultaneously with the japanese one, though we'll probably have to wait longer for the localization.

I can remember a few years ago all the pleading that it would take to get these games localized. Times sure have changed, couldn't be happier about it.
by Stocke
Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tales Series

The real question, can they make it as good as Xillia? Tales series has been known for having one good game followed by a bad then a good then a bad, and from what I have heard it flip flops. Xillia is the only Tales game I ever beat so I cant really comment myself. I want to go back and finish Eternia on PSP sometime soon, it seemed awesome.

I personally like every game in the series, some more than others of course. With a series like this it's really personal preference.

Yeah saw some videos this morning of it, looks really good. I can't believe we are getting this many Tales games back to back. The PS3 is going out strong with Xillia 2, Chronicles HD, Persona 5 (playing 4 on vita and its so god damn fun) and now Tales of ZestyItalianDressing all being exclusives. From what I've read its supposed the first worldwide release of a Tales game. If sales continue to be strong this might be a turning point for us RPG fans in the US/EU as far as Namco is concerned. At the very least we might not have to worry about them getting localized or not any more.

Yeah man, it's awesome. All of the games you listed would be big reasons for me to get a PS4, and i'm more than happy to stick with the PS3. Saves me the money of buying a new console.
by Stocke
Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

Just beat a link between worlds. It was exceptionally good, definitely one of the best Zelda's I've ever played. Although my only gripes are it was a tad easy and a tad short. They should make hero mode available by default.
by Stocke
Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just realized, whatever happened to the EU release of SMT IV on 3ds? I was really looking forward to that and cant find a good reason as to why it's not been released yet.
by Stocke
Thu May 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Empireonline Top 100 Games

Just saw Empireonline.com's top 100 games and nice to see Shenmue mentioned not once but twice. (No.7 and No.51)

Seeing as there hasn't been much news lately i just thought I'd share. I always like seeing Shenmue so high up in these greatest games of all time lists.
by Stocke
Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Smash bros 3DS/Wii U also featuring Mega Man

Quite a big "leak" has hit today. Real or fake?

Personally i hope its real. Amazing looking roster.
by Stocke
Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 Discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gU-TydHepg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noDjWhm1664

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd4MyNqI0fo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRZzuTwTEUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dL198n2d0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FhW-1TRJ54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPgiRIR07qU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsS0fWIo9FY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJASW9NPDYo

Putting all my hopes and dreams into this E3, like i do every year.
by Stocke
Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue E3 Discussion

just woke up to all my friends texting me that this just happened. I better not be dreaming.
by Stocke
Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki IS in Project X Zone 2! For Reals!

Love how Ryo is smack bang in the center of the games cover art!
by Stocke
Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Project X Zone 2 Shenmue Music

Don't think i've seen this posted yet, for those of you who want to hear it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQPm_frCP7k&index=34&list=PLpeu5UWssrIcOE-3m9Wf74Je7JzMoH7Q0

Love the new arrangement. It's a shame that shenmue only had one track whilst other series had 2 or more but beggars can't be choosers i suppose. Would have loved to have heard earth & sea in there or something.
by Stocke
Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic