Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: THE TRUTH ABOUT TEEPO™

Hallo everyone. I'm writing this to clear some things up about me for anyone who wants to know the truth. I've checked this forum once in a while over the years and sometimes my name pops up and I'm accused of doing or saying things in the past I have no responsibility for. In fact my name has been subject to a full-on character assassination by some members of this forum. The truth is I've been unfairly vilified and slandered.

Remember there are always two sides to every story but I never once took the chance to defend myself. I've been an easy target because of my absence but now that I'm here, I can say my side of the story. For example, most recently I've been accused of being a new troll. Sorry guys but that wasn't even me. There. Now you have it straight from the horse's mouth.

Now onto about me. I'm not the evil bastard that some people here make me out to be. I'm actually a really nice guy. Just look at my topic in the gaming forum where I offer to help new players in online games. That's what I'm really like. And by the way, the offer still stands for anyone familiar with those games. Even if I'm banned again I'll keep an eye on it and add you to my friends list.

That level of generosity is in all areas of my life. For example: I'm a voluntary counsellor. I get people calling me on my phone every week, people I never met before and they need help. I counsel them over the phone and sometimes this can last up to 5 hours a night. And I'm not getting paid for it. My own free time and I do it for free.

It goes in my personal life too. I had a relationship a few years ago but when we broke up I didn't kick her out of my house. She had no job and no place to go for 6 months. For 6 months I paid for her food, her clothes, toiletries, make-up and anything else she needed out of my own pocket. Why? Because that's how I am. I'm not the monster that people make me out to be.

I didn't even come back here because I wanted to. I've had so many E-mails and PMs from people here over the years asking me to post again that I just wanted to make those people happy.

There has been a lot disinformation about me. I see a lot of people here who are relatively new to the Dojo and weren't even around when I was a regular poster. Their opinions of me stem from a minority of veteran members. There's only a very small number of people left here who were around then. Some of them just don't like me. I don't know why. I've never actually spoken to them except for one on MSN. The only one around here who really knows me is St. Elmo's Fire.

Some of it stems from old forum politics but I think a lot of it comes from culture clash. A lot of Americans here just don't understand British humour. I'm sorry but it's true. You'll find most of the British members will laugh at my posts but the Americans get incredibly offended by them. I'm not even racist but some of these people can't see the humour and think I'm some sort of nazi.

Most recently I posted on my old account. I made about 4 posts and was banned in less than 24 hours. That must be a world record for this forum. Obviously I offended someone so greatly to not even talk to me and just ban my account. It's either just blatant ignorance, hatred for me or just an outright lack of a sense of humour.

It also seems I'm seen as trolling when I'm just being honest. If I don't like you then I'll tell you that. If you fuck with my friends then I'll fuck with you. I'm a straight talker like that and always say the truth. Sometimes the truth is brutal (like when I said the forum is like a rape victim) and somehow people just take this as trolling. No. I'm saying what's on my mind. If you can't handle the truth or refuse to look at the truth then you'll never grow as a human being. The human race will never evolve if we pretend to be what we're not and ignore the ugliness of what's around us. If you ignore the dirt how can you ever clean it.

I hope this brings some clarity to people who want to know. Even if you don't care or don't read it, it's out there for anyone who does. What's important is that I can lay down my side of things and leave it at that. What happens after, I don't care.

Be good everyone.

Love,
TEEPO™

I'd really like to believe all of that, but as you said, there are two sides to every story. And I know you better than that. I think you do have a good side to you, a side that is funny, insightful and even sympathetic at times. It's part of why I liked you so much and we were once best friends. But that is only one side of the coin that is Teepo, and you can't seem to acknowledge your darker side that always seems to win out over your better qualities in the end. I remember when Bambi was reinstated as administrator, and you feared for the loss of your moderator privileges. So because you were afraid you would lose your power, you made a conscious decision to abuse them, going so far as to delete an entire forum worth of threads. I even recalled not knowing what was going on, and opening a conversation with you on msn, my best friend and the first person I talk to, wondering if you had any idea what was going on. You played ignorant as though you had no idea, and lied to my face, when you were responsible. Your behavior that day, in addition to your dishonesty, suggests to me you aren't as innocent quite as much as you would have us believe.

That of course was just for starters of course. Once the dojo got a good look at the real you, it was as if you had "gone for broke" and had nothing left to lose, and no longer had any issues of letting your worse side out. You had no reservations after that of trying to kick people while they were down in areas in which they were most sensitive, or when they were most vulnerable. One example would be the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks when a lot of us were dealing with grief, you decided to take a shot at the form of posting pictures of your dick destroying the twin towers in flames. A year or so later, you acted pretty disheartened and demoralized when the train bombings in Britain were going on. I had half a mind to give you a taste of that supposed "British Humour" then. But I refrained from doing so. Because it would be insensitive. And because it was beneath me.

I haven't always seen eye to eye with a lot of different people over the years. But I have usually always been able to get past it. Hellraiser and I often butt heads, some days he banned me half a dozen times during the dojo wars. But we got past that and even now share interests in anime we're watching now. Jeff came off as a troll when he started posting, and hell, I still disagree with a lot of his conservative stances, but I grew to gradually respect him when he demonstrated he could be more than he was. Today I'm glad to see when he posts. Hell, even QWERTY of all people. I bumped elbows with him like crazy back in the day. And when he was allowed back, I dared to have the audacity to reach out to him in PM and to try and resolve our differences. And we did, even though he relapsed onto his earlier behavior and got banned soon after. But you Teepo, you've had that chance over and over again. I have lost track of the number of times you were banned for your behavior, were let back in sometime later, and got banned yet again. Qwerty has nothing on you.

I really want to believe you can keep your darker side in check. I really do, because you have qualities I can admire. But they say fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. And I think you've "fooled" us about a dozen times over at this point. I won't take a cheap shot at you like some members here have, I see that your account is banned and you may lack the capacity to respond. But I will say that you cannot change what you cannot acknowledge. And if you cannot acknowledge your ever having engaged in behavior that is not acceptable and still insist you are wholly innocent and are being wrongfully vilified, I cannot help but question your sincerity.
by Sonikku
Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Long term fans mixed feelings?

Can't beat that logic.
by myshtuff
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic