Search found 1 match

Return

Re: Release: Shenmue Beta with All Playable Beta Maps

THANK YOU!! I love this mod!! I've always found Beta Yamanose to be lovely! So much green along the road to Hazuki Dojo, the shrine is spectacular! The first mod video I saw of it a few years ago blew my mind... so much hidden content in the first Shenmue... It really opened the possibility to find the rest of Shenmue, or pieces of it, inside the retail copy of the first game. Until the last GDC, most of what we knew of the possible future of the Saga, was what had been hinted through reverse ingeneering the two available games. I've always found this sort of... game archeology movement around Shenmue to be one of its kind, that to this day (recent Shenmue Saturn artwork found at tower of babel beta) brings new fruits into the scene. And to me, what opened the window to that modding scene was that video in Youtube (and before that, a wmv in the old Dojo) of Yamanose Beta (had been done by LanDC? I don't remember...). So being able to actually move around Beta Yamanose through my own Dreamcast, has been an awesome experience. Thank you very much for all the extra effort guys!! I SALUTE YOU!
by el_clown
Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic