Search found 65 matches

Return

Re: Good Cardio workouts?

For me the best type of cardio is indeed running. Cardio is pretty easy to do as all you need to do is get your heart rate up. I usually mix things up for cardio, unless I am going on a long run. Jump rope, jumping jacks, cycling (not that leisure sunday morning ride crap... do enough work to get your heart pumping. Going on a trail with my dirtbike is fun and does get my heart rate up.), and burpees are a few things you can do to keep your heart rate up.

I know you said you cannot lift weights, but can you do body weight exercises at least? If you can run, I dont see what would prevent you from doing anything else with your body. If you can, here are a few things you can do to help build muscle mass in the following areas. Gaining muscle is great for weight loss because the extra muscle burns calories while you are just sitting around playing video games.

Arms:
Pull-Ups (If you cannot do many pull-ups, do negative pull ups to build your muscles up)
Push-Ups
Rope Climbing using just your arms
Dips

Legs:
Lunges (if those are too easy do walking lunges)
Squats (again if they are too easy, do one legged squats)
Step ups

Abs:
Crunches (there are a crapton of articles that say this is terrible for your spine, but I must've done at least a million crunches in my life and my back is just fine, whatever)
Any type of plank
Leg Raises

I would suggest reading this and create a routine that works for your fitness level.
by Mr. Frozen
Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Oddest Food You Had (Or Wanna Try)

Not really odd outside of america but while I was in western asia I ate quite a bit of sheep and their guts. Not really a huge fan of it, but the only other meat that was available was chicken and they were busy laying eggs for us.

I also ate snake, it was actually pretty delicious. Was a bit of a hassle to eat because of all the bones, though.

I am about to head to Japan in a little bit, I'm expecting to eat a lot of weird crap.
by Mr. Frozen
Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

I was supposed to go to work at 730 this morning... it is now 1019.

Fuck it, lunchtime.
by Mr. Frozen
Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Yea, pretty much.
by Mr. Frozen
Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old School Dojo-ers

I joined just when the forums switched to phpbb. I remember seeing the old forums hosted on gamespy but never signed up. Good times were to be had back then. Took a random leave of absence starting in 2008 but I have been posting on and off since then.

I still have no idea what is going on with the dojo now, but looks like drama like usual. Why cant we all just get together and just have a good ol fashioned orgy?
by Mr. Frozen
Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

So I crashed my car last night and with no way of getting anywhere, and no work to do I decided today would be a day to sit down and catch up on every video game I have.

I am stuck on the second barthandelus encounter right now and he is kicking my ass. I got his health down extremely low and then he did a bullshit attack that killed the party leader. I fucking hate the mechanic that you lose the fight when your party leader dies. Why cant they just give the player control of the the next character in the party? Freaking stupid.

I was so pissed I decided to put this game I don't even really like down and start back playing FFIX. Holy crap, it is such a refreshing change. I actually get to explore? There are sidequests? NPCs to talk to? So this is what final fantasy used to be like, I have long forgotten. Too bad my game save is like 13 hours in the game and I have no idea wtf is going on. That is only thing I like about FFXIII, the journal they keep of the places you have been and the summary of each chapter.
by Mr. Frozen
Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So Im going back to school

And this crap sucks/ I have like zero time to be awesome throughout the week. How the hell did I do this when I was younger?

Oh yea, thats right I got crap grades when I decided I wanted to have a life.

There is not much reason for this topic other than for me to bitch. You guys may post whatever you please. Personally I would like to see images of scantily clad women, but since the junk forum doesn't exist anymore I have no idea how that will fly.
by Mr. Frozen
Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lincoln

I thought this was going to be a topic about Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.

I am slightly disappointed to find out that it isnt. THis movie does look interesting, though.
by Mr. Frozen
Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Nationality Are You?

I'm so american that I shit cheeseburgers and burp freedom.
by Mr. Frozen
Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The women!

You can always count on brothaman.
by Mr. Frozen
Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So Im going back to school

How old are you Frozen?

25. 26 in a couple months.

And this crap sucks/ I have like zero time to be awesome throughout the week. How the hell did I do this when I was younger?

Oh yea, thats right I got crap grades when I decided I wanted to have a life.

There is not much reason for this topic other than for me to bitch. You guys may post whatever you please. Personally I would like to see images of scantily clad women, but since the junk forum doesn't exist anymore I have no idea how that will fly.

This guilt thing kinda hinders my mind from macking effectively, like I'm a dirty old man or something. :P

Got no problems with that. ;) I'm only a few years older than most of the people in my classes, though. But still, I knew this 42 year old guy who had 4 girlfriends, all of them half his age. He was also able to get just about any woman he wanted. Dirty old man? Kinda, but the girls did want him. Learned a lot from that man.
by Mr. Frozen
Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

Hey guys, I'm Frozen. I just got done playing Shenmue 2 and I thought it was pretty good, but the ending was a bit abrupt. When do you think the sequel will come out? With an ending like that they must surely be working on the 3rd one!
by Mr. Frozen
Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In Today's News of "Crazy People With Guns..."

Gun laws vary from state to state. Some gun laws are extremely strict while others are fairly weak. Why are there more strict in some states than others? I would say due to the amount of gun related crimes, and the overall political view of the state. This is a democracy, after all. The popular opinion is the one that should come out on top.

Thing is, there is a point where gun laws can get too strict. What if the government gets so corrupt that a militia does need to go against their government? I am sure when I said "this is a democracy" in my previous paragraph at least one person thought "Yea, right... maybe if our votes actually mattered." or something along those lines. We do vote for who we want to place in office, but it is no secret that this is not a perfect system. If the system gets out of whack enough, we will still need to have the ability to be able to rise against the government and protect ourselves from tyranny.

This demonstration is a direct representation to see if it is still possible for people to create such a militia. The law says we can, but giving the current popular opinion of the country, is it even possible? The intent of these people are not to overthrow the government (which is, no shit, illegal as hell). In washington DC, a civilian cannot even get a concealed handgun permit if they had good reason to, which I think is kinda bullshit.

Now lets say your scenario does play out where shots are fired and people start dying. What does this mean? First, it means that the people who took part in this march were not "peaceful protesters" and were in fact terrorists with a very elaborate plan. The only reason a government official will fire is if they feel that their or someone else's life is in danger, meaning a participant of this march points their loaded weapon at someone else. That is clear ill intent which means intelligence failed to get a proper background on the organizer of this event. Since this is a march on Washington DC, it is a potential threat to national security so you can bet US intelligence agencies are following this with a close eye. Depending on what they come up with will determine the government's reaction to this event. This is not anything out of left field like 9/11, the Oklahoma bombings, or any other terrorist attack (it is posted on facebook for God's sake) so I expect this event to be handled extremely well. However, if your scenario does play out for whatever reason, that will just prove the government's sheer incompetence in being able to protect their own people, which is a signal that it may be time for a significant change. Not an american revolution change, but still a change.
by Mr. Frozen
Tue May 07, 2013 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In Today's News of "Crazy People With Guns..."

Also, doesn't this pervert the very idea of a peaceful protest? It's certainly not to meet force with force. That just breeds more conflict.

I think that is part of the point they are trying to make here. The current opinion on guns is so bad that people think anyone with a gun is up to no good, which is most certainly not the case. It is the right of an American to own a gun but for some reason half of Americans have equated guns to being bad, mainly because of how unfamiliar the average person is with firearms.

Not to be overly patriotic but America is all about keeping the freedom of the individual. Gun laws are getting raised to bullshit levels (It wasn't until recently that cops or security employees of the US government was able to carry handguns as civillians) that are really testing the constitution.
by Mr. Frozen
Tue May 07, 2013 12:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Realistically, do you think Shenmue 3 will happen?

I do not think Shenmue 3 will happen. It has been too long since Shenmue 2, and all of the old fans are either too old to have the time to invest in the game or just don't care about Shenmue anymore. I would love to be proven wrong but honestly if Shenmue 3 was released tomorrow I don't think I will play it right away because I don't have the same amount of free time as I did back when I was 13. That doesn't mean I will not play it, though...

If they do release Shenmue 3 it will be to a new audience and the game will probably be something that we do not recognize.
by Mr. Frozen
Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Batman Arkham Origins

God dam I love this game. Batman has always been my favorite superhero since i was a kid and I always nerd out hardcore whenever I play a batman game. I pretty much jizzed my pants when the Joker was introduced in this game. The arkham series does a good job in capturing the essence of batman, but I wish they didn't try to always condense everything into one night. Would be nice to play as bruce wayne during the day.

Graphics in this game is amazing, btw. I am not sure how it is on consoles, but it looks great on my PC. The thing that impresses me the most are the snow effects. Guess which prints are the guard's and which prints are mine in this screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/0llXU4Ll.jpg

I did not like the fight with Deathstroke, though. The fight did require proper timing on counters to win, but Deathstroke is supposed to be a better fighter than batman. Batman should not be able to kick his ass so easily, I would have been a lot more satisfied if the fight ended in a draw, or maybe Batman having to rely on some sort of cheap tactic to defeat him.
by Mr. Frozen
Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: To all the White people out there.

A day never passes when I don't think of the oppression of white people in America.
by Mr. Frozen
Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reflect on 2014; State goals for 2015

2014 was a wild ride for me. Found love, lost love. Quit my job, ending my current career. Backpacked a lot. Learned quite a bit about myself.

In 2015 I would like to get back down to my sexy, efficient self, but that is not a priority. I would like to finish some projects I have been working on, and perhaps meet up with some old friends. Starting my own business would be nice as well. Main goal would be to finish my current project, which is a f-35b-like UAV.
by Mr. Frozen
Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Fuck I am so happy. God damn holy shit, this is news I can masturbate to. If anyone lives near the DC area wants to party, let me know. All drinks on me.

I'd love for you to go to a bar, have someone question you as to why you're celebrating, and you answer "we're excited that a 14 year old videogame is finally getting the sequel it deserves after so much waiting".

We will be so excited that they will want to buy the game as well, even if they are not a gamer.

EDIT: Just found out that it will come to the PC, my favorite platform. Holy shit, donating my $100 right now.
by Mr. Frozen
Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The reunion topic.

I kinda miss the old guys. I spent a lot of time here during my late teens. I'm 28 now, wow, 12 years since I joined... Quite a bit happened in that time, I wonder what the other members are up to.

I got my degree in computer engineering, led the clandestine life for a while (does anyone remember when I sent my resume to the CIA as a joke? prob not.), but now I am working as a computer engineer for a weapons company. About to quit soon to start my own software company.

The junk forum was my favorite place, I am somewhat sad to see it gone.
by Mr. Frozen
Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where are you from?

I'm from the greatest and most free country on this beautiful planet, country of the most successful missions in space, winner of every single World Series, Superbowl, back to back world war champs, and winner of nearly every gold medal in the olympics (Basketball) the god blessed United States of America. I live right in the center of freedom and independence, Washington DC.

God bless.
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--dxKPUqOs--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/1804z0ohz6kuvjpg.jpg
by Mr. Frozen
Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where are you from?

I'm from the greatest and most free country on this beautiful planet, country of the most successful missions in space, winner of every single World Series, Superbowl, back to back world war champs, and winner of nearly every gold medal in the olympics (Basketball) the god blessed United States of America. I live right in the center of freedom and independence, Washington DC.

God bless.
~el snip~
Every American I've met has told me DC is a shithole.

Nah, just ignore the poor people, like any aristocrat would.

Jays won in '92 and '93.
Nice try ;)

Canadia is America's hat. Our border is pretty much unprotected, they might as well be Americans. Them winning the world series is acceptable because we allowed it, obviously. The 4th of july is coming up, you better do your duty by at least eating one hot dog or hamburger.

http://img.pandawhale.com/144183-citizen-kane-slow-clap-gif-Img-CqjA.gif
by Mr. Frozen
Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Feminism

Feminism is the desire to have equal rights in women. Feminists got laws passed that allowed women to vote, join the military, and not get discriminated in the work place. Feminism was needed to change stuff like this:

http://www.fanboy.com/archive-images/sexist-disney-rejection02.jpg

Today, women legally have the same rights as men. I do not think feminism is needed at all anymore. Almost all feminists today are not feminists at all, they just want a matriarchal society that ignores the rights of men. They complain about women not being in prestigious male dominated professions, such as engineering, but say women shouldn't work in the "degrading" male dominated professions such as garbage collectors and janitors. Leave those shitty jobs to the men. They want to be able to sleep with whoever they want, but want to be able to go to court and punish a man if she rejects having sex with him at any point (seriously how is this an actual thing?). They want to be able to get a man to impregnate them and keep him as an ATM, while leeching more money off the government. These modern feminists are women who refuse to grow up and accept the fact that bad things happen to them.

I do agree that there are shitty people who treat women differently because they are women. However, legally there is no need for feminists. There are also shitty people who treat black people different just because of their skin color, but legally racism is not a problem. I know this first hand because I am black and been to some extremely racist parts of the US. Did I go online and complain that some idiots wanted to hurt my feelings and tried to get laws passed to prevent people from trying to hurt my feelings? No, I just dismissed them as idiots and went along with my day. If I felt physically threatened, I would just maybe, you know, avoid racist fucks? I have been catcalled by women in the past as well and I do agree that it is extremely awkward, perhaps a bit degrading but jesus christ, just deal with it. At the end of the day, these things do not affect you (well, unless it is persistent, but at that point it falls into harassment which again, you can fix with the help of the cops, be sure to collect evidence) Grow a thicker skin, women. You have equal rights now, and are able to experience the world in its full, shitty glory. Stop acting like children and put on your big girl pants. If someone physically harms you, or rejects you for a job because of your sex, then take that to court.
by Mr. Frozen
Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

It's monday already. Fuck. Fuck work and fuck being an adult.
by Mr. Frozen
Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Supreme Court rules in favor of gay marriage

Not gonna lie, this is pretty gay.
by Mr. Frozen
Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenhua face!

It shows how asian art changed over the years. The one on the right is closer in line with modern asian video games. I like the one on the left a bit better, though... she looks a lot less like a generic plastic doll.
by Mr. Frozen
Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

Rocket league is pretty much the only game I play these days. It is insanely fun. Super easy to get into but the skill ceiling is ridiculously high. I also think it is the type of game that could make e-sports popular. You do not need to know crap about the game to enjoy watching others play it. Here is a video from last year's MLG finals so you can see what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF9jm3g6Vsk

EDIT: Just so you know, regular play is nothing like this. I would say about 80% of players do not know how to hit the ball in the air, and the rest just hit the ball, hoping it goes towards the enemy goal. In many unranked games it is complete clusterfuck, which is what makes the game fun. I played once with Paschy (one of the players in the video, there was probably another MLG player on his team as well but I cant remember the name) and his team completely just wiped the floor with us. They pretty much played the game entirely in the air while we drove around on the ground like idiots. I'm just honored that the game thought I was good enough to play against them.
by Mr. Frozen
Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So, how many of you think that you’ve got a mental disor

Holy fuck, this is an old thread. Is hannamarin an advertising bot?

Anyway, I guess I'll share something to try to help bring this old thread back to life. I was diagnosed with dysthymia (I guess now it is called persistent depressive disorder?) in 2013. Apparently I had this shit since I was about 12 years old. I only saw a psychiatrist because I became alcoholic as fuck and basically my job forced me to go see a psychiatrist. Psychiatrist also thought I possibly had social anxiety and ADD but he didn't give me an official diagnoses since he figured it all came from the long-term depression. Basically no matter what I did in life, I was never happy. Like people would tell me I did great things but I always thought I could do better and felt shit about it. I could go into further detail, but it was typical for anyone who has depression; negative thoughts about oneself and lack of motivation. Social life was pretty much nonexistent due to low self esteem and social anxiety. There was one point where I was seriously suicidal. I decided to reject treatment for a few months and things went seriously south. Thankfully I seriously studied why one would be suicidal and managed to convince myself that suicide is always irrational for a physically healthy person.

After about 3 years in therapy, I feel that I am fairly cured. Social anxiety is completely gone but no idea to tell if the depression is gone without more time. Psychiatrist tells me my lack of social anxiety is a coping mechanism for something negative that happened to me a few years ago, but I don't think that is true.
by Mr. Frozen
Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How long have you been on this forum ?

Hey I remember. You wanted to be a fighter pilot back then.

Yep! Life ended up going another way, but I still would like to be a pilot and will save up for pilot school someday. I ended up travelling the world so my lust for adventure was satisfied, at least. What ever happened to whiteShadow? I liked that guy.

Still waiting for Shenmue III.
by Mr. Frozen
Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Politics

I voted for Trump and am happy he won.
by Mr. Frozen
Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eh, I could write a full essay about climate change, but I'll just say "climate change denier" is a word invented by the left. No one really denies that earth's climate is changing, but the argument is if it is caused my man made emissions or not. Trump doesn't think the federal government should handle public education for fear of indoctrinating the youth, which I think is a very valid fear considering nearly all young people are encouraged to get a 4 year degree when trade schools are a completely valid alternative. I could write another essay on that, as well.... Anyway, Trump actually said he wanted to get rid of the education department, he wants that stuff to be left to the States. As for the secretary of state, Exxon is a worldwide country and Tillerson had to make international deals as a result. Trump doesn't trust politicians and strongly believes in capitalism. Appointing the CEO of a large worldwide energy company was probably a no-brainier to him.

Honestly, the media has a heavy left bias and every single decision Trump makes is treated as the end of the world. There is also a large cultural bias towards the left among the youth and on the internet. To get any sort of fair analysis you need to really consider the side of issues that you do not agree on. Personally I use BBC as my primary news source. US media is so biased that I have to outsource the news. BBC isn't perfect but they are leagues better than any major news organization here in the US.

based on all the pushback he is getting, I think Trump is going to be examined through a microscope for the next 4 years, and will be held accountable for everything he does. This is GOOD. IMO, he really is what the US needs right now.
by Mr. Frozen
Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I strongly disagree with the notion that he is the president America needs, though certainly, if nothing else, he is the president we deserve. He has played you for a fool if you earnestly believe he gives a damn about jobs going to Americans. He employs foreigners in the manufacturing of his own damn goods for pete sakes Frozen.

Trump blasted the practice on the Late Show as Letterman looked through his so called signature line of clothing he was plugging only for it to be exposed it as part of the same. Trump is guilty of basically every business practice imaginable he now blasts businesses for. "Rules for all of you, none for me". It could not be more ironic that so many prop him up on a pedestal as the solution to these behaviors when he himself has always been part of the problem.

He isn't blasting the business practice, he is blasting the fact that it is happening. After all, a businessman who refuses to acknowledge the reality of the market is a businessman that is going to be out of a job. Given his experience, one would assume he fully understands why companies are moving overseas and not hiring Americans, which is what makes him qualified to fix the problem. Calling trump a hypocrite because of those business practices is like calling a vet a hypocrite because they have to sometimes euthanize animals, or amputate animal limbs. Doesn't mean the vet isn't able to invent a new procedure that prevents the disease that forced him to euthanize the creature.

The thing about responding to politics is that it's largely speculation on the possibility of future events. Everybody is fundamentally misinformed in one way or another, and future events have no truth value until they occur, so it's only in hindsight that any political thought has any impact - as a reflection on what's happened. But as for voting, or predicting the "correct" political structure? Might as well just sit back and see what happens. I mean, I could argue all day with other misinformed and speculative people on what is "going to happen", but I just don't see the point. I'd rather focus my efforts reacting to the the changes of political structures, rather than believing I have any sort of ability to change them. In short, I no longer give a fuck. Things will happen and nobody knows if they will be good until they are/n't. Whatever.

I think the fact that people are misinformed is an argument for encouraging political discussion. But, the problem is that so many people make their preferred politicians or political party part of their identity so they take offense to any opposing views. Good for politicians because that is how you create loyal followers, but bad for the general populace. It is bad because once you make your politics part of your identity, you end up painting anyone who thinks differently than you as a 'bad person'. Then you start associating people who dress a certain way with the opposing view.... then you start judging on other aspects of their physical appearance such as skin color or sand. Then... oops! You are now a bigot, racist or sexist!

By talking to each other about your political views then you are forced to reevaluate your stance because people will expect you to have a decent reason for believing things the way you do. I mean damn, just look at this guy who got a ton of KKK members to disavow by befriending them. On the other end of the spectrum, here are a bunch of people with good intentions who end up painting black people are lazy and poor people who don't even know how to get on the internet.

If your views are never challenged you end up believing that the stupidest shit is right.
by Mr. Frozen
Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Woke up this morning to the news Trump actually placed a ban on Muslims entering USA, and seen the Internet explode.

What's happening to humanity. I don't mean that as a dig at Trump or his supporters. I actually mean what's happened to humans. Has technology and social media actually rotted away brain cells? It's happened since they came on the block. The 90s were just fine.
Can it really be called a ban on Muslims when the majority of muslim countries aren't on the list? Although for the sake of not being a hypocrite he should add saudi arabia to that list, they're pretty much the source of sunni extremist terrorism.

To make sure his orders are executed quickly, Trump is acting on existing laws so he doesn't need to rely on congress to pass new laws to get things done. The countries listed came from something congress amended to the visa exclusion act, which included countries of concern.

This really isn't as crazy as the media is making it out to be. The executive order is instructing the state department to tighten up their policy on the issuance of visas. In order to minimize any potential terrorists that were allowed in due to previously lax visa investigations, Trump temporarily suspended the currently issued visas that were issued to citizens of countries of concern (with a few exceptions). You can thank Obama and his congress for making all this possible, since these laws were put into effect while he was president. He actually did the same exact thing (denying visas for citizens of a certain country... but for a longer period of time) while he was president, which is why it was already in the lawbooks.

It does suck for people who are in the US for legit reasons and contributing to the economy, though. However, this is a time of war and people do tend to get inconvenienced during war.
by Mr. Frozen
Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

I like watching game grumps late at night while drinking booze.
by Mr. Frozen
Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Curious why those of Shenmue Dojo who support Trump. Whether you voted for him or you're not American and still support his policies, I'm curious why you support him. Are you worried about anything in particular regarding his administration? What are you looking forward to? How would you rate their first few weeks in office?

Not a judgement at all but curious to know and hoping we can come to some kind of understanding.

I voted for him because I want the US to start giving a shit about it's people and domestic issues instead of prolonging bullshit wars. The main thing I am worried about Trump is unintended consequences of his aggressive policies. However, a lot of those consequences will be a result of the democratic party wanting to bury him instead of working with him, I think.

I love that Trump has made good on his campaign promises so fast, which is something I haven't seen any politician do in my lifetime.
by Mr. Frozen
Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love that Trump has made good on his campaign promises so fast, which is something I haven't seen any politician do in my lifetime.

Except for those tax releases eh? :p And did you watch the swamp filling video above?

How do you Trump guys feel about the constant lying that's been going on? I mean that's happening all the time and everywhere of course, but rarely as obvious/childish/ridiculous as here. Alternate facts? :lol: Kind of a dictatorship style, ain't it. A clown parade is ruling your country now and makes the US look dumber than under Bush. You guys once again (and more than ever before) look like idiots to the rest of the world (your president very clearly is one and makes a fool out of himself everytime he opens his mouth or fucking tweets like an 8-year-old).. does that affect you at all? The fact that we live in a world where this is the lesser of two evils, where this is the better choice (I'm glad Hilary didn't win, that fucking evil cunt) makes me feel frustrated as hell. As you can probably tell.

Your post really didn't have anything to do with what I posted. Seems like you just wanted to rant about Trump, which is fine. I would like to point out that there is a tracker that ticks off his campaign promises as he makes them or breaks them. Right now, with just 24 days in office he made good on 7 promises, with 11 on the way. I think a bit of leeway can be given on the 'broken' promises on that list, but you always end up with debatable points on lists like this.

The alternate facts thing was a quote the media contorted ran away with. By alternate facts, they meant the facts the media wasn't reporting on. Anyone whose brain isn't automatic trump defamation mode, or didn't get their opinion from the media would be able to see this. The 'alternate facts' in that context were facts such as republicans always draw smaller inauguration crowds since the DC metro area is overwhelmingly democrat, or that there was tougher security screening for the audience, etc... I thought the whole situation was stupid, though. Media being stupid for the usual reasons, and the Trump camp being stupid for placing so much attention on something so petty. Speaking of the media, Trump said today at his press conference that he will wake up to news articles saying that he was "ranting and raving" towards the media and blatantly stated that isn't the case. What is on CNN page right now? "Trump lashes out." Can't make this shit up, folks.

As for the choice of who we had for the election, the democrats did have a far better choice than Hillary Clinton, but of course the corrupt as fuck democrat party made sure that Hillary was going to win the primary. It is terrible how Sanders got cheated out of the nomination. The democrats really need a hardcore reconstruction but there is too much of the old guard to really fix shit. Hopefully congress get term limits, but I don't think that will ever happen because congress would basically be putting themselves out of a job. Its ironic, the office of the president has term limits because based George Washington said he didn't want to be a king and chose to leave office after 2 terms. All other presidents (except one, whose actions ended up forcing term limits) just followed this custom out of tradition. Congress originally had term limits but I think the first congress (before they were called congress) god rid of that shit with the quickness. No honor for congressmen I guess.
by Mr. Frozen
Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

shredingskin wrote: wow trump is a IRL shitposter

Trump has always been an IRL shitposter.
by Mr. Frozen
Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Checking in for Mass Effect Andromeda. This game has A CRAPTON of content and seriously rewards anyone who likes to explore the game world. I am about 30 hours in the game and I only just started to get into the meat and potatoes of the story, I think. Last game I remember giving me so much satisfaction for exploration was the Shenmue series so that is saying a lot. If you are able to get yourself fully immersed in the story and feel like you are the pathfinder, you are really going to enjoy this game. I have to admit that the voice lines are a bit cheesy and crappy, but really that is just a small part of the game that can pretty much be ignored.

I think this game got mediocre reviews because the game never explicitly tells you to do anything other than the main story quests. I honestly think that any reviewer who was able to finish the game before launch didn't even bother with all the extra stuff that makes this game good because there seems to be like an entire game for people who are willing to explore the planets. Example being my recent time spent on one of the planets, Voeld. You are only forced to go to that planet for one tiny quest, and then you can pretty much forget about it. I ended up going back because you need to do extra things on it for the loyalty missions of two of your crew members. Turns out there is an entire war you can help finish, and you can even setup a human colony on that planet after you figure out how to terraform it. None of this shit was even hinted at in the tiny quest that you were forced to complete. If you just follow the main story, you actually will be compelled to leave the planet and move elsewhere immediately.
by Mr. Frozen
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The talk on the media took me right back to the Iraq war buildup in 2003, so I immediately thought false-flag.

Apparently Trump phoned Putin to tell Assad that this attack was gonna take place though?

Yea, to make sure his intentions were clear. Basically Trump saying "Hey some fuckwad used chemical weapons that we told them not to use so we gonna bomb the air base that the weapons were launched from, cool?" Imagine the shitstorm that would occur if the base was fully occupied with Russian and Syrian forces? The media and people are already trying to spin this shit as the start of Trump invading Syria.

Also, Frozen, since you know a lot about this stuff, I've seen a lot of comments today in reply to other people comparing this situation to Iraq, saying that Iraq DID have WMDs but they hid them under the ground in Syria when the inspectors came the last time before the invasion. Any truth to that? Some of them even suggest that the gas missiles Saddam hid were found by Assad and used all the times he has "apparently" done so already...
Would sure seem strange that the WMDs were considered important enough to invade a country for, but then to stop caring about them and looking for them the second Saddam was taken down...

I think Iraq is still a pertinent point mind you. Look how awfully it's ended up, and how much debt the main countries are now in. If UK people actually WANT another potentially never-ending Middle Eastern war with full UK involvement (unfortunately such saps who actually genuinely do believe that the UK and USA are white knights above reproach and full of goodness and therefore SHOULD be Policing the world actually do exist), then they'd better NEVER EVER complain the next time the govt doesn't have enough money for services like the NHS that we as taxpayers NEED, way more than we "need" a war with someone who may be bad, but isn't a threat to the UK or USA.

If a messy shooting war that involves Russia then happens, I for one will absolutely dodgy any draft or requirement to start working at a munitions factory. Not a chance I am gonna have my life put in even more risk just because some politicians couldn't be fucked to keep their egos in check...

Likely, but unverified. A couple of Iraqi generals claim that in the time frame between 9/11 and the invasion of Iraq, Saddam moved his weapons to Syria. Makes sense considering Saddam was supposed to dismantle his entire inventory of chemical weapons in the 90s and the US finding this inventory would be a nightmare. However, the US knew that there were still old chemical weapons in Iraq. The CIA literally has been buying these weapons from an Iraqi seller in order to prevent terrorists from getting their hands on them. Due to the age of the weapons, they were not as potent as freshly manufactured weapons. Sarin gas is nasty stuff, if a person is exposed to high enough concentrations of the gas, it will stay on their clothes for a while and kill off anyone who tries to help the victim.

The first responders weren't affected by the sarin gas, which suggests that the weapons used had low potency, which is consistent with a weapon that is 40 years old, that used a compound with high sarin purity at the time of its creation.

I don't think this situation is similar to Iraq, though. A lot of the Iraq war business was fueled by the attacks on 9/11. It was a really complex web that is a conspiracy theorists wet dream. Today we do not have the same bloodthirst that was spawned by 9/11 so there is no reason for the US to go forward with a full on invasion with this shit. Literally everyone except for some crazies at the top is tired with this bullshit in the middle east and it would be political suicide to invade.
by Mr. Frozen
Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue bomber jacket from Insert Coin Clothing

The jacket looks to be of low quality... is that even leather?
by Mr. Frozen
Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

So... My summer Car. You cannot really "finish" the game, but I have been playing the game enough to be able to write a brief review, I think.

I brought the game on a whim a few weeks ago, after binge watching Robbaz's videos of the game , and I unexpectedly fell in love with the game pretty quickly. This game is basically an ultra detailed life simulator game where you build a car. You play as an 18 year guy in 1995, whose parents are away from home during the summer and apparently they task you to "fix" your uncle's car. The car is literally a big pile of parts, and you have to put everything together, starting from the engine block. The game requires you to tighten every nut and bolt (you also have to choose the right wrench for the screws), and tune the car properly so it can run. If you do not follow a guide, this makes the game extremely difficult, but ultra rewarding when you get the car running for the first time. I spent an entire real world night putting the car together, like I started before the sun went down and when I finished the sun was up for a few hours. I'm sure I was playing for about 12 hours, but the time went by so fast. The car even wasn't completely finished (I didn't put on the doors, exhaust, dash, and other misc parts that wasn't needed for the car to start), but I did get the car running, which was SO satisfying. After you get the car running, you can drive it around to test it out, or bring it straight to the shop so you can get some guy to inspect your car, and if you pass, you get your license plates. If you drive you car around without license plates, the cops will chase you down if you see them, but they are not too hard to avoid in the game. I didn't even get my car inspected until I accidentally came across the shop for the first time.

You can also do various jobs to get money for upgrades and repairs for your car. Your main job is to drain septic tanks, and the process is as detailed as you expect it to be in a game like this. You have to get the hose out, attach it to your truck, dump it in the tank, and turn on the hydraulic pump. There are also other ways to earn money, such as picking people up from the bar, brewing booze, and delivering lumber. The atmosphere of the game is pretty great, and you can tell the game is a real labor of love. Oh yea, the game is also permadeath by default so if you get in a bad accident, or someone runs you over, your save gets deleted and you have to start all over again.

The negatives I have to say about the game is that it is basically impossible to play unless you have a steering wheel controller. You spend the majority of your time in game on crappy dirt roads that cause your car to veer in crazy directions if you go slightly off-road, and usually gets stuck or flips over. This is mostly because that the dirt roads have a sharp drop-off, and the terrain is very low poly. Going off road wouldn't be so dangerous if they doubled the polygons of the terrain and made things smoother. Also you live ultra far from town, so expect at least a 15-25min real life drive to town to buy anything, or pick up junk you order in mail. You can take a more direct route to town using the boat to travel through the lake, though. You also cannot save unless you are near a toilet so if you are in the middle of nowhere (like 75% of the map), you are going to have to travel pretty far just to save and quit.

Overall I think I would give the game a 7/10. It is an ultra satisfying game, but I don't think I'll continue playing the game after I die. If the terrain wasn't so terrible, I would probably give it a 9/10.
by Mr. Frozen
Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

I purchased an HTC vive last night. I always wanted one, but the release of Star Trek: Bridge crew is what really caused me to pull the trigger. I was a massive fan of bridge commander, and an actual multiplayer version of that is precisely what the Star Trek nerd in me wanted.

I do not understand why this game requires VR, though. It can be played with a controller, and no moving around is required. I guess ubisoft got paid big bucks to make this VR to help sell PSVR and HTC Vive units. The game came free with my purchase of the vive.
by Mr. Frozen
Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Blizzard has Sonikku committed

I can completely relate to your feelings of depression and suicide. I can only imagine how tough it must be to feel like you were born in the wrong body, but I can totally empathize with your feelings of isolation and no sense of belonging. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss professional help because they cannot relate to your individual problems. I have met way too many people who ended their lives after rejecting treatment because they felt that no one could understand them. That is exactly what they are trained to do, to help people who feel that they are not normal. Hell, maybe they even help fast-track gender reassignment surgery considering that is valid treatment for someone who is experiencing the feelings you described in your post.

I wish I could say more, but I was never good at these type of things. Just want to know that I do care and seriously do hope that you find a way towards happiness. It is pretty hard to find your way in life when it feels like you are the only one walking that path, but I do encourage you to stay in there. I'm still trying to figure out if things will ever get better, but things sure as hell can't get better if you are dead.
by Mr. Frozen
Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

I am a firm believer every single game has a bullshit section part of the game. Even great games. OoT water temple,Grandia Twin Towers,Any Classic Underwater Sonic level,Mortal Kombat 3 Motaro,Dragon Age Origins the Fade,FFXV Chapter 13 pre patch.

OOT's water temple isn't all that bad. It is just frustrating because for most of the game, you would encounter like 2 key doors at the most that you didn't have keys to. The water temple gives you access to many key doors from the start, without forcing you into the key chests like the other dungeons do. I guess a lot of people consider it the worst dungeon in the game because it was such a departure from the dungeon clearing method that the game taught the player to do.

But yea, I get what you are saying with the BS section in video games. My current video game infatuation is Star Trek Bridge Crew. I have recently taken the role of Captain in most of my recent games, and the position is boring as hell if you have a competent crew. You just tell helm to warp to locations, crew goes on autonomous mode, and then you finish the mission. After the mission everyone is cheering, you get promoted, and get achievements out of the ass while you are just sitting there like:

https://m.popkey.co/7aa178/kv4ol.gif
by Mr. Frozen
Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic