Search found 757 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue Sacred Spot Guide Map (PhantomRiverStone.com)

Switch wrote:I'll look at putting up a guide of where to find the guide! :)

Don't forget to post a link when it's finished - that is, a guide of where to find the guide of where to find the guide. :P
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need Help Re: Yu Suzuki as a Cartoon/Animation

There's a rendered LEGO version of him here, if that helps.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

Shenmue Master will be uploading 4K footage of the conference.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is this twitter account an eccentric troll?

It's a poorly programmed bot. Its designer picked up on Shenmue as a hot keyword and it just trawls for others to compose random tweets that might get it noticed and followed, presumably by people with a terrible grasp of English.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is it possible to get a notification when quoted?

Jerid'sRamenShop wrote: I think it would be useful unless people were only

What do you mean?
by Let's Get Sweaty
Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Is it? I guess if there's already a discussion thread on the go by the time the news is posted then that would make sense, and there'd be a link within the news post to that thread. But I can't see that being the case if it's the first and only thread on the subject.

Anyway, I was mainly pointing to it for anyone who hadn't read the interview and would therefore want to know the context behind darksniper's comment.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue Dojo

Thank you for what you've done for the site Yama, both in the last few years and today. From what I gather you came along at the time time for the Dojo, and you've continued to make good choices during this handover. The community here owes you a lot.

Congratulations Peter, the future is bright for the Internet's longest running Shenmue fan site and I'm sure you'll have everyone's support in doing what needs to be done. :)
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - past, present and future.

Okay, let me begin by listing everything that's wrong with that post.

And now that's out of the way, here's to an exciting future for the Dojo. :beerchug:
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine Sega would re-release its own 16-bit library on current consoles. I can't wait till April 2017 to reacquaint myself.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue Dojo

I've been getting that, until this time actually. Maybe it was cured when I hit the "Mark forums read" link at the top.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD in magazines

Saw this posted on Twitter:

So if you're looking for a game that's either a masterpiece or a mess, PC Gamer's cutting insight has you covered.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Mon May 07, 2018 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue HD Thoughts

And the kitten's purring while being stroked. #truenextgen
by Let's Get Sweaty
Tue May 08, 2018 4:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spaghetti wrote:All we know right now for sure is that Deep Silver will be at E3, but of course we know they've got other games on their slate beneath Shenmue.

Fixed. 8)
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sun May 06, 2018 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Backer Demo -- Hypothetical

The Shenmue 3 page would crash Kickstarter for a second time.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sun May 13, 2018 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

Yes, they'll email everyone (Kickstarter and PayPal backers) a survey closer to release, asking for confirmation of delivery details as well as any reward-specific options like platform choice, T-shirt size, guestbook message, etc.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed May 09, 2018 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another scan spotted on Twitter, this time from Spanish magazine Hobby Consolas (issue 322).

by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed May 23, 2018 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's funny that people are always comparing the Yakuza series to Shenmue, and now the voice actor for Shenhua is named Haruka.

Suzuki confirmed that Ren's style of combat will differ from Ryo's, and that Shenhua doesn't fight. "She's smart and uses other tactics ," he noted

Shenhua dance battles confirmed.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat May 26, 2018 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 game developers

Can we all agree though that Shenmue's famed multiplayer mode is doomed?
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue Merch Teased

A community marketing manager at Sega wants to gather photos of your current collections in this Facebook thread, for the attention of Sega executives.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue HD Thoughts

I keep thinking about what Yu Suzuki said in a past interview, that he was hoping for some kind of synergy with SEGA.
(If someone finds this interview, it would be great)

http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/08/game-watch-interview-with-yu-suzuki.html

Q: At the moment, there are a lot of revivals of previous or classic games. Do you have any plans for a revival of Shenmue I and II? I think there would be a lot of people who would try them if they were available on PS4.

YS: The Shenmue IP belongs to SEGA, so I'm not in a position to give a direct answer. Personally, I also think it would be good if something could be done in connection with Shenmue III. It would probably also have a synergistic effect.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PILMAN wrote:and as much as I hate to say it, I think we need to find ways to introduce the Shenmue series to people who may have never heard of the game or introduce it to those who are into similar games outside the mainstream

Yes, this. Don't hate saying it, say it as often as it takes.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "No confirmation concerning E3" - Awesome Japan

E3 is an opportunity for companies to network, so not all developers in attendance have a game to show off.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu was asked by Shenmue 500K about the effect of Deep Silver's involvement on the remaining stretch goals here (first question).
by Let's Get Sweaty
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The cover of the UK's official Xbox magazine promises "SHENMUE" inside. As it's sealed in a plastic bag I couldn't leaf through it to see whether it was worth buying. Anyone here own this issue?

by Let's Get Sweaty
Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Will this place turn into 2002-2006 level of activity again? Any staff have any way to calculate projections?

I don't like to make predictions, but here's a chart plotting forum activity over the last 18 years:

by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GamesMaster in the UK lists Shenmue HD as readers' most wanted game, with Shenmue 3 right behind in second. :)
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1999 Interview with Yu Suzuki "15 Secrets of Shenmue"

Switch wrote:Not only that, but Suzuki mentions themes that he still holds with importance today with development of Shenmue III, such as "reality vs realism".

I love this part.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Did u guys ever get a shrine for Wude?

Wude did turn out to be alive, thankfully, by way of posting a thank you image on his blog.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #83 - Survey Info #0

I hope the people who did the highest pledges get their surveys first. I can't wait for mine but I am a bit worried that I won't be living at the same address by the time the game comes out. Does anyone know if you can change it if that happens?

From what's been said by early recipients, you can edit your address on Fangamer's site at any time, even after submitting the survey.

And anecdotally, those who've received theirs do all appear to be high level donors, though I don't know if it's been everyone above a certain tier or still just a sampling of those. It also may just be a coincidence that these are the recipients I happen to be aware of.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I took one for the team and bought the Xbox magazine. Wish I hadn't.

Riddled with errors and childish jabs at Shenmue 3 and the "other" console.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

A settling pace after the boost received from the HD announcement, but a couple of mini-milestones passed there: 6.9 million dollars and 76 thousand backers. =D>
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Every purchased a game you simply did not play?

I'd be listing probably half of my games here. Some people have eyes bigger than their stomach, mine are bigger than my, erm, console. Or something.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

The kid is perfect for delivering this kind of thing, because she doesn't have a serious in-game personality to maintain. If they got Shenhua to do this video then she'd either be creating a disconnect by acting out of character, or a fun little clip would become less playful.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So in addition to backing the campaign for a PS4 copy, I also did the slacker backer option to get another copy on PC. However, I only got one survey. Did anyone else do something similar and get only one survey? I'm trying to figure out if there is any confusion and me not getting the second copy. I tried emailing them also, but no response yet...

You can either wait for the second one to arrive, or you can whack your email address onto this page to get it sent right away.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #83 - Survey Info #0

One thing I found odd is that you get three choices to put in for your name for both the credits and the website. Not sure why you would need three options beyond someone having a similar name than you.

If your first choice of name is Dickface McTwatterson, it potentially saves them having to come back to you for a second option if they've already asked you for three.

Also... I did not get a survey or any notification\e-mail for my Paypal Slacker Backer pledge of $13 for the soundtrack (outside of the receipt at the time of the pledge).

Nobody got a confirmation email for their Slacker Backer donation besides the PayPal receipt. Surveys are still being sent out, so you can keep waiting patiently or use the resend page to request that one immediately.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

There are one or two things in Yakuza 0 that might draw a double take from Shenmue fans.

I'm currently playing Yakuza 6. I've been playing the series since its debut on PS2, and it's a thrill to be able to explore parts of Kamurocho in more depth (5 had taken a step back from 4 in that respect). I find myself disappointed by the combat system now though. Whereas in past games I'd have used at least a couple Heat moves per battle, now the need to "activate" Heat mode with a lengthy animation that leaves Kazuma vulnerable means I'm rarely using them at all. As a result, the fights are pretty boring.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You've gotta hand it to the developers of Real Life, they've managed to model their assets perfectly on a game that's not even out yet. =D>
by Let's Get Sweaty
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They've given you their response. You've basically repeated the same question at them.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue I & II HD : FAQs Answered by Sega & d3t

Something I never see praised enough about Shenmue 2 on Xbox is the snapshot mode. It was diverting enough just to be able to take and save photos within the game, but what really sets it apart even from modern games with similar modes is that it detected which characters were in the frame and attached their biographical data to the photo. And not content with the novelty factor of this, the function was put to practical use for unlocking bonus content when lists of specific characters were photographed throughout the game, lending a whole new side challenge to engage the player. Some characters, after all, could only be seen once.

So I'm very glad to see this included in the new version. I think a number of new converts are going to start asking why elements of this feature are still new and surprising to them nearly two decades later.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If anyone wants to combine their separate donations into a single, bigger reward tier, that's apparently possible.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Japanese release?

How on earth do these rumors get started/conclusions get leaped to?

The game has had a dedicated Japanese web page on Sega's official site from day one.

http://shenmue1-2.sega.jp/

It's taken longer for the local release date to be announced, but China and Korea were just recently confirmed for August 22nd.

As mentioned, it's a PS4 exclusive in Japan.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic