Search found 1000 matches

Return

Re: What do you think we will see in this month's update

When they emerge from the studio, it'll be like all of us coming out of that cave figuratively 15 years later. :)
by Anonymous81
Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ricedigital.co.uk: Shenmue I&II HD in 2017, SIII maybe 2

I probably won't be able to buy physical (because PC), but I'm definitely going to double dip where possible.

Hopefully Shenmue HD isn't restricted to only the platforms of Shenmue III. I know it sounds backwards, but it's ultimately something that could work out well for YSnet and even Sony. If people like Shenmue HD, then they'll have to either get a PS4 (or have an appropriately powerful PC) to play III at launch or during the exclusivity period. Exposing Shenmue HD to a wider base gives III an inherently bigger audience.

It also helps keep the door open for potential Xbox/Switch ports of III down the line if the contract with Sony allows for it. Ultimately we want the game to sell as many copies as possible and that could mean porting to attract a larger audience to help keep the series alive.

Although, given the userbase on the PS4 alone, the game should have an already ample audience to sell to. If III can't be a success on PS4, it won't be a success anywhere else.

Not that I think that's going to happen, of course. Shenmue is in the best possible position to sell than it ever has been. It's just up to YSnet to give it their all and make an amazing game on a shoestring budget.
by Spaghetti
Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

March 3rd Tweetathon

The March 3rd #SaveShenmueHD Tweetathon is now underway!

As always, there are three ways you can participate:

1) Tweet the hashtag
2) Retweet other fans
3) Activate your AutoTweet at TeamYu.net

Thanks for your support!
by Sonoshee
Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Support Shenmue in a big German poll

The poll is back. Ever since Shenmue's win in 2013, the victory has been hotly debated on the website of the magazine. The magazine recently held a new poll about the best Zelda game of all time and now lets the community vote whether that Zelda game is better than Shenmue. So it is time to support Shenmue again. :mrgreen: Here you will find the link:

http://www.maniac.de/content/umfrage-die-grosse-revanche-wahl-shenmue-vs-zelda#
by Sakaro
Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[ENG] Famitsu interview with Cédric Biscay at MAGIC 2017

I've completed an English translation of the recent Famitsu interview with co-producer of Shenmue III, Cédric Biscay.

The interview covers Cédric's background and reasons for starting his company Shibuya Productions, and he talks about some of the guests and goals of the MAGIC event.

And of particular interest for Shenmue fans, at the end of the interview Cédric is asked about Shenmue III and the current development progress. Here's the relevant section:

http://i.imgur.com/NlwmD3M.jpg

If you have a few minutes the whole interview is worth a read too. Link:
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/03/interview-with-cedric-biscay-at-magic.html
by Switch
Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you think we will see in this month's update

Or they could just smack us all in the face with actual early gameplay footage for the first time out of nowhere. :lol
by Anonymous81
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

Has anyone noticed that this tiny patch of pixels here is 1 shade lighter than it should be. This is absolutely unacceptable. Bad update. Game may as well be cancelled.
by Jibby
Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The definition of an AAA game is not something that should be a matter of opinion. Quality is a matter of opinion, but the factual requirement of an AAA game is that it was created with a high budget, with an expected high return on investment. It doesn't matter what you think of its quality, it's about the budget and that is it. You can have a bigger budget than an indie title and still not be an AAA game. Those are called middle-market titles (a dying breed these days).

And yes, Shenmue was AAA at the time of its release.
by SlySpy
Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I look forward to the soundtrack of Shenmue III.. I hope it contains the same ambience, bass and melody that the originals had.

My father's passion was music. He had an entire room dedicated to listening to classical music and soundtracks. Growing up, he often snatched up my game soundtracks and played them on his big speakers..

I lost him last night..at age 84..and I miss him so...but as I wandered, lost, into his music room, I hit the button on his player and out popped the Shenmue soundtrack.

It's the little things.
Holy fuck... So sorry to hear about your loss, man, though how wonderful he was able to share at least some part of a beloved hobby with you, especially music which is such a powerful and important element of video games.

Take comfort in all the good memories you had together, and please stay strong :)
by ShenGCH
Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yokosuka wrote: I agree with Himuro, too much points make no sense. If it was indeed a cutscene test, why put a work-in-progress caption there?

I get the feeling that they overlay it in the engine whenever the office is being recorded.

I can appreciate your optimism though and I hope you're right :P
by Jibby
Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

21st March 2017

$6,730,004 (+$4,473)

74,042 backers (+68)

WOW. Nearly $4500 in 8 days, and nearly 70 new backers. Dev Room Update 2 seems to have been a big hit!
by Spaghetti
Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ultimately his is just an opinion in a sea of others, and we really don't need it anyway considering every Shenmue fan got validated in liking it when Shenmue III broke Kickstarter records despite being a dead franchise for the better part of 20 years.

Shenmue fans have had to eat a lot of shit from people who didn't like the game, and even spitefully tried to tell us that we shouldn't want it, or we'll never get it.

But y'know, we persevered, and even though there are still attempts to bring us and the series down despite finally getting Shenmue III, this community can hold its own and promote the series positively to cut through the bullshit and reach the people who the game will strike a chord with.

I wrote a longer post than this as a genuine rebuttal to his points (as some of them are pretty dumb, IMO), but it doesn't really matter, because he doesn't really matter to us.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
by Spaghetti
Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenhua Ling First4Figures poll on Facebook.

Today on the First4Figures official collector's club, a possible statue of Shenmue's Shenhua Ling is up for vote. She could, uh... really use the help.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8KVBd0UwAAkkuI.jpg

So unless you want this to be the best looking statue of Shenhua out there, you might want to participate. Their Lan Di and Ryo statues turned out pretty darn amazing.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/first4figures/

It's somewhat implied that the poll results could affect whether or not they renew their license with SEGA at all as well.
by Bat Fax
Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"Welcome to Whose Line is it Anyway, the show where everything's made up and the points don't matter"

A variation of this should be the disclaimer on anything to do with the chapters.
by Spaghetti
Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Four Wude

Not sure where to post those.
(Sorry if it should go into the Community projects section. In that case, please move them :oops: )

http://i.imgur.com/G58KlMM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JwhXjPN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/a4PJ3E2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qlagwLA.jpg
by Kiske
Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: December 2017 is fastly approaching!

Yeaaaaah. I don't think any shift of the release date is indication of a lie, and especially not when there's a disclaimer in the Kickstarter FAQ that the release window may shift as development progresses.
by Spaghetti
Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

The Shenmue series changed my life for the better, it is a videogame series that made me realise the importance of things in life, the small little things shown in the story of Ryo and his quest for vengeance is very emotional and an experience that can never be forgotten. I am only 17 years old and I will be telling you why I love Shenmue.

In 2012 after being convinced all the time throughout my life to play Shenmue 1 and 2 (which I was very keen on doing) by my elder brother that played them both at release, I finally play my brother's copy of the original Shenmue for Sega Dreamcast for the first time, I was only 13 years old at the time. I began the game as I see Iwao get killed by Lan Di and then make my way through the game experiencing a chilling and heartwarming journey through Dobuita and into the Yokosuka Harbor. Meeting many of Ryo's beloved friends as well as new people that hurt (such as the skinheaded Chai) and help on the way. Finally after beating all the thugs called the Mad Angels, they help us find out about Lan Di and his departure. Seeing Ryo leave Japan and board on the boat I was ready to continue the story through action packed Shenmue 2 and I could already feel the energy and bravery within Ryo himself.

Shenmue 2 begins and I am impressed with the very intense and epic boat intro, the music, angles and visual detail was incredibly welcoming and exhilarating. Yet to this day I would say that Shenmue 2 has the greatest opening intro to a sequel ever! I was immediately immersed in the huge new open world in Hong Kong getting robbed and eventually finding the guest house to sleep in. I felt as an actual stranger in a new town full of danger and people I do not know exactly like how Ryo would feel. I made my way through Hong Kong and then eventually to Kowloon then finally meeting Shenhua at Guilin until the stone pit where the game finally ends, I get chills and was ready for Shenmue 3...

Until E3 2015 It was finally announced! I waited 2 years but my brother had waited ever since such as most fans. Me and my brother are absolutely delighted to continue the story thanks to the one and only Yu Suzuki for making this all possible with his masterful vision.

I cannot wait for Shenmue 3!!! I know it will exceed expectations and be one of the greatest games of all time just like Shenmue 1 and 2, we have to give them time and it will be possible I truly believe so.
by Shezmue
Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Tattoo

C&P this into your first post.

Code: Select all
[spoiler][img]https://image.ibb.co/hJNtbF/IMAG0339_1.jpg[/img][/spoiler]
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections & Merchandise

Picked up the Shenmue the Movie Theatre Pamphlet / Book recently! First i've seen of this, it's a very nice (however rather small) 16 page book. Took some photos of each page since it's only a small book :) -

Page 1 Front Cover http://i.imgur.com/lSS6R5K.jpg
Page 2 & 3 http://i.imgur.com/T3ykGDj.jpg
Page 4 & 5 http://i.imgur.com/H5lpWuA.jpg
Page 6 & 7 http://i.imgur.com/eWkjyBx.jpg
Page 8 & 9 http://i.imgur.com/I4VGO6B.jpg
Page 10 & 11 http://i.imgur.com/VvM9HYQ.jpg
Page 12 & 13 http://i.imgur.com/SG4dng3.jpg
Page 14 & 15 http://i.imgur.com/sfajTy3.jpg
Page 16 Back Cover http://i.imgur.com/gYMugqn.jpg
by James Brown
Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got Sonic & Sega All Star Transformed on sale

... and immediately bought the Ryo DLC.

His gestures and comments are both hilarious and intensely nostalgic. When I won a first place race and he said, "To act without hesitation," I actually teared up lol. XD

When he loses and says, "No... I can do MORE than this..." I just picture him taking this goofy race so seriously and it makes me chuckle lol.

Glad I finally added this game to my massive backlog. If it wasn't so massive, I would've bought it at release.

I refer to his shapeshifting kart due to its various arcade forms as "the Suzuki wagon" XD.
by Anonymous81
Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tekken dev requests guest fighter ideas - let's give 'em one

Tekken's Harada has recently asked on Twitter for guest character suggestions - likely as baseline research into Tekken 7 DLC.

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/853769649447608320

We all know about Harada's reverence for Shenmue and Yu Suzuki thanks to that amazing interview Switch graciously translated for us all on his blog, so a swell in suggestions for Ryo being a guest character in Tekken is likely to be noticed and taken seriously.

In regards to the fighting style differences between Tekken and the Virtua Fighter-lite system Shenmue uses, the Tekken team appear to have been very faithful with mixing in the gameplay style of Street Fighter when they included Akuma into baseline Tekken 7, and hopefully they'll do the same again with Ryo and have him control quite like he should if he is included.

WHY THIS MATTERS IF YOU DON'T LIKE TEKKEN/WANT RYO IN TEKKEN

It raises the profile of the series and its characters, which is nothing but beneficial to Shenmue III or future instalments. I'm not much of a Tekken person either, but I see this as an opportunity.

Shenmue fans are great at mobilising and making our voices heard, so why not throw our weight behind this to grab Harada's attention?
by Spaghetti
Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: December 2017 is fastly approaching!

Full translation (Probably not as accurate as it would be the other way round).

Q: Right now, you are producing Shenmue 3, which is still in development. How did things go with Sega and Sony to finally achieve this?

Cédric Biscay :To be fair, I would say it was possible in the first place thanks to the original author, Yu Suzuki. I know him very well and met him several times. At first, it was impossible to seriously consider a sequel to Shenmue 2, because the Licence owners (SEGA) didn't want to hear about it. Over time, we (Shibuya Productions) and Yu Suzuki wanted to work together on a game. So we launched a project who could not be completed in the end. At the same time, the situation about Shenmue 3 changed and Shibuya Productions decided to produce it. It's also at this time that we chose to work with crowdfunding, in order to check if the Community (fan base) was large enough and if it could help us funding the game.
Ultimately, the decision to make Shenmue 3 comes from Yu Suzuki and Shibuya Productions. Of course, SEGA allows us to use the licence, since they are the owners of the Shenmue franchise. Actually, Sony comes in a second phase, once they saw that everything was secured, that fundings were provided to support the project.
They (Sony) helped us a lot in terms of communication, in particular during E3 (2015) in Los Angeles, when we did the big announcement. And then of course, they will soon participate actively with the game marketing.

Q: So, Shenmue 3 will come out for PC and PS4, right?

Cédric Biscay : That's right, still planned for PC & PS4.

Q: And for Xbox One ? It seems to me they were disagreements on the matter?

Cédric Biscay : Not specifically disagreement, it's more that Microsoft showed late interest in having Shenmue 3 compared to Sony. Obviously, it's easier to want something when everything is easily accessible. We must remember that way before E3 in Los Angeles, everybody was thinking "Well, Shenmue 3 will never come out, it is a bit of a holy grail" or "the first two games didn't sell well enough so nobody will be interested in Shenmue 3". Truth is, from the moment we decided we would bypass/avoid those obstacles, a lot more people showed interest in being part of the adventure.

Q: Since we talk about Shenmue 3, do you have some exclusive news for us? Release date or story elements for example, etc...?

Cédric Biscay : It's not the right time for exclusive news. I'm always surprised that people ask me on a regular basis about the release date because actually, we gave one right from the start and it hasn't changed to this day. It's April 15 right? To this day, Shenmue 3 is still planned for a December 2017 release date. The situation can evolve but there are no contradicting elements at the moment. In any case, we are not running late with development. It doesn't mean we cannot encounter last-minute hitch or whatever. Anyhow, to this day, the development team didn't report any problem to me.

Q: There is also a rumour about HD remasters of the first two Shenmue and apparently, they should come out this year. Do you know if they will really come out this year? Real facts or fiction ?

Cédric Biscay : First of all, ever since the beginning of the project, this is what we would like to happen. Apparently, it’s something SEGA wants too. It’s only my personal opinion but there’s every chance that SEGA has an interest for those remasters, especially considering all the hype surrounding Shenmue 3. So, I cannot officially confirm the remasters, since I don’t work at SEGA, but it seems logical to me that those games come out eventually. What we would really like to see though, is those games released before Shenmue 3 comes out. This would help us a lot with the marketing but would also bring new players to the Series, because to be fair, start a Saga with the third episode isn’t very cool. If people have played the remasters first, it would be much more fun.

Q : About Shenmue 3 gameplay. Is it going to reach a wide audience, that is to say those who already know the franchise and the new comers ?

Cédric Biscay : That’s what we aim for. That’s what we included with Yu Suzuki in the game. Actually, what we really don’t want, is disappoint the fans. This is essential. And we don’t want to cut our self off from the gamers, this is as simple as that. Therefore, we try to balance things for everybody to be happy but not by making the game hard. It’s essential to keep everybody happy in the true sense of the word. We don’t want to diminish aspects to please others. We want everybody to be happy with the game, this is our goal.

I didn't translate the rest of the interview, since it's not Shenmue relevant.
by Kiske
Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cédric Biscay interview by ActuGaming.net

Full translation (Probably not as accurate as it would be the other way round).

Q: Right now, you are producing Shenmue 3, which is still in development. How did things go with Sega and Sony to finally achieve this?

Cédric Biscay :To be fair, I would say it was possible in the first place thanks to the original author, Yu Suzuki. I know him very well and met him several times. At first, it was impossible to seriously consider a sequel to Shenmue 2, because the Licence owners (SEGA) didn't want to hear about it. Over time, we (Shibuya Productions) and Yu Suzuki wanted to work together on a game. So we launched a project who could not be completed in the end. At the same time, the situation about Shenmue 3 changed and Shibuya Productions decided to produce it. It's also at this time that we chose to work with crowdfunding, in order to check if the Community (fan base) was large enough and if it could help us funding the game.
Ultimately, the decision to make Shenmue 3 comes from Yu Suzuki and Shibuya Productions. Of course, SEGA allows us to use the licence, since they are the owners of the Shenmue franchise. Actually, Sony comes in a second phase, once they saw that everything was secured, that fundings were provided to support the project.
They (Sony) helped us a lot in terms of communication, in particular during E3 (2015) in Los Angeles, when we did the big announcement. And then of course, they will soon participate actively with the game marketing.

Q: So, Shenmue 3 will come out for PC and PS4, right?

Cédric Biscay : That's right, still planned for PC & PS4.

Q: And for Xbox One ? It seems to me they were disagreements on the matter?

Cédric Biscay : Not specifically disagreement, it's more that Microsoft showed late interest in having Shenmue 3 compared to Sony. Obviously, it's easier to want something when everything is easily accessible. We must remember that way before E3 in Los Angeles, everybody was thinking "Well, Shenmue 3 will never come out, it is a bit of a holy grail" or "the first two games didn't sell well enough so nobody will be interested in Shenmue 3". Truth is, from the moment we decided we would bypass/avoid those obstacles, a lot more people showed interest in being part of the adventure.

Q: Since we talk about Shenmue 3, do you have some exclusive news for us? Release date or story elements for example, etc...?

Cédric Biscay : It's not the right time for exclusive news. I'm always surprised that people ask me on a regular basis about the release date because actually, we gave one right from the start and it hasn't changed to this day. It's April 15 right? To this day, Shenmue 3 is still planned for a December 2017 release date. The situation can evolve but there are no contradicting elements at the moment. In any case, we are not running late with development. It doesn't mean we cannot encounter last-minute hitch or whatever. Anyhow, to this day, the development team didn't report any problem to me.

Q: There is also a rumour about HD remasters of the first two Shenmue and apparently, they should come out this year. Do you know if they will really come out this year? Real facts or fiction ?

Cédric Biscay : First of all, ever since the beginning of the project, this is what we would like to happen. Apparently, it’s something SEGA wants too. It’s only my personal opinion but there’s every chance that SEGA has an interest for those remasters, especially considering all the hype surrounding Shenmue 3. So, I cannot officially confirm the remasters, since I don’t work at SEGA, but it seems logical to me that those games come out eventually. What we would really like to see though, is those games released before Shenmue 3 comes out. This would help us a lot with the marketing but would also bring new players to the Series, because to be fair, start a Saga with the third episode isn’t very cool. If people have played the remasters first, it would be much more fun.

Q : About Shenmue 3 gameplay. Is it going to reach a wide audience, that is to say those who already know the franchise and the new comers ?

Cédric Biscay : That’s what we aim for. That’s what we included with Yu Suzuki in the game. Actually, what we really don’t want, is disappoint the fans. This is essential. And we don’t want to cut our self off from the gamers, this is as simple as that. Therefore, we try to balance things for everybody to be happy but not by making the game hard. It’s essential to keep everybody happy in the true sense of the word. We don’t want to diminish aspects to please others. We want everybody to be happy with the game, this is our goal.

I didn't translate the rest of the interview, since it's not Shenmue relevant.
by Kiske
Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RESULTS: Famitsu Poll for Best Action-Adventure [June 2017]

June 2017 update: RESULTS

The poll results are out now with Shenmue II ranking 6th and Shenmue ranking 2nd! Read the write-up here with bonus messages of thanks from the voice talent for Nozomi & Ryo from the Japanese dub, as well as Yu Suzuki.

http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/06/results-of-famitsu-poll-action.html

Original post:

Help give the Shenmue series some extra publicity in this new poll being run by Famitsu in Japan for best Action-Adventure game.

http://i.imgur.com/xCSxZv5l.jpg

It's very straight-forward and will only take a minute - just a matter of giving up to 3 game titles.

[Poll link now expired]
by Switch
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Pure joy reading through this thread from 2015: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 34&page=45

:)
by Amir
Mon May 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: May 3rd: Tweetathon to #SaveShenmueHD

It's cool to see Dan (Ex SEGA Europe Community Manager) taking part in the #SaveShenmueHD Tweetathon! :-o

by Kiske
Thu May 04, 2017 4:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue III The Story Goes On (Slacker Backer Support Video)

I've made a small video to help promote the Slacker Backer campaign. Hope everyone enjoys it!

Please watch in HD 60FPS for the best experience.

phpBB [video]

Thanks to Mr.357 for the gameplay footage and thanks to Kiske for the idea :mrgreen:
by Jibby
Sun May 07, 2017 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Okay, so here is Yamanose in a time-lapse since it was requested and because the shrine is indeed worth watching.

https://youtu.be/XHKPh-iogcE

I had to pull off some tricks to get a good look at the shrine. I simply couldn't find a spot that gave a good angle without Ryo locking on to virtually every NPC. So I used the power of nullDC Cheater to freeze the camera in place and then moved Ryo out of the way.

There's definately something interesting going on with the shrine visitors. While trying to get this video done I noticed differences in who would appear during my bunch of attempts on different days. Like already mentioned by ShenGCH, Liu-san will visit the place early in the morning. He only appears there after you've met him in Suzume Park however.
You can also see Manabu Takimoto and he didn't always appear at the shrine. I don't know how it works but it could be that the game has some sort of weekly schedule for who appears on wich days. Could also be dependent on where you are in the story.

I was actually expecting more visitors and also thought it would be possible to see the kids change shift taking care of the kitten. Since there aren't that many NPCs walking by I made it run quite a bit faster than the previous one.
by BlueMue
Sat May 13, 2017 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 confirmed not coming out this year.

JUST IN CASE anyone may be genuinely confused... #-o
This is a "creative" re-translation of Kickstarter Update #66.

Accuracy level: zero percent.
by Switch
Sun May 14, 2017 3:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Isn't this the YouTube account that had that "leaked" Shenmue III footage on it?

Unsure if legit parody or just fishing for views.
by Spaghetti
Sun May 14, 2017 4:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not only is it that account that's "claimed" to have Shenmue 3 footage, but also spreading bullshit like this, but the image used for the video is from a seller on eBay that was selling "pre-order" copies of Shenmue 3 with Google'd images from China being used as ingame images too, so probably the same person.

Either way, banned and locked.
by Peter
Sun May 14, 2017 5:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This video could be funny if it wasn't causing confusion and wasn't spreading lies about Yu Suzuki and the team.
I have already plenty *examples of people actually BELIEVING this interview translation is real and believing they actually work 4 hours a day...

http://www.theisozone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69046

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/shenmue-iii-coming-out-before-2018-33390861/?page=1

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/325460
by Kiske
Mon May 15, 2017 5:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love how when someone on the internet in a position such as myself removes a video, bans a member, edits a post etc, and the "censorship" term gets thrown about, never mind the fact that a full explanation of the reasons for said editing were given.

Supposing the author's intention was just to make a parody, I hope his video won't be removed because of this: it isn't right to basically censor a work because some people are just too dumb to fact check :???:
The same YouTube channel also published fake screenshots of Shenmue III.

The cynical view is that they're just using the fanbase for clicks, and trying to create controversy for more views.

Quoted for the third time, for those who struggle to work it out.

The author in question already has pulled stunts like this in the past, and as with that video, this one makes no attempt to distinguish itself as a fan made parody. None at all. It's irrelevant that people cant, "work it out", we are supposed to be fans of the franchise, and Shenmue has a hard time enough as it is from the media. We not going to start promoting idiotic clickbait videos or attempts at Joe random out there to be hilarious and get a few more views on his channel. I would comfortably say the same would happen if such a video appeared at Team Yu or on 500k. We all collectively have the best interests of Shenmue at heart and will keep it that way, which is what a loyal fan base should do.

The video ShenGCH posted above has been put in spoiler tags for those who want to cry, "censorship". But it won't be posted around the Dojo for kicks.
by Peter
Mon May 15, 2017 6:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aside from the roller coaster-like range of emotions that come from trying to figure out if each tweet is some kind of clue to what's in store... my impression of the photo is that Gio Corsi and Yu Suzuki appear at ease and genuinely happy. So Shenmue III is in a fine state no matter what happens with E3.
by Centrale
Wed May 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Himuro, please.... please don't take this the wrong way, but remember PSX just 6 months ago. You, among others, were a lot more venomous and toxic after the no show at that event. A lot of which, I took the brunt of. That was hard to take. You also were making threats, to go to the press etc. Again, don't take that the wrong way by today's context, but that's the facts. By all means, look forward to E3, and get yourself uber hyped if you want! Go nuts, but I'm asking you now, keep an open mind and as Jibby said, there could be absolutely NOTHING Shenmue related to come out of the Sony Conference, and the whole of E3. You are really building yourself up here, where everyone else is excited, but also voicing caution. Learn from the past. If there is a Shenmue no show, keep sensible and don't get negatively emotional again. That goes for everyone.

After PSX, lessons were learned, and anyone spouting garbage about going to the press, making claims of stolen money etc we will have a strict zero policy this time round. Temp bans will be issued without reasoning first if we feel it's beyond trying. Himuro, you are an example of that, where at the time you fly off the handle and throw the toys out of the pram, but then after a week or two, you apologise and things calm down once clarity sets in.

So this time, in the event that E3 is another PSX washout, by all means voice an opinion. But do it constructively and respectfully. Remember Yu and his staff are working 24 hours a day, sleeping at the office to get us out a game that's worthy of the Shenmue brand, on a shoestring budget. If they feel that E3 isn't the right time, respect that, and remember your 4 wude.
by Peter
Thu May 18, 2017 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Doing something nice for Shenmue III team

I'll see about setting up a Gofundme tonight. Last night I was busy.
I would suggest refraining from collecting any money until you've completely established what it will be used for and how the gift is getting there.

I would love to contribute, but not while there's still risk of it being a black hole into someone else's wallet.
by Sappharad
Thu May 18, 2017 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Random factoid for the day:

By this date in the E3 & Shenmue 3 2016 thread, we had 8 pages worth of comments.

This year - 32.

The attention is real.
This may have been pointed out before, but the Shenmue III forum has more posts than the first two games combined. Although wasn't this originally used during the Shenmue Online & Shenmue Town eras as well, and just renamed?

Random note: Has anyone pointed out yet that April has now passed, thus confirming that the online shop taking pre-orders for the Shenmue I & II HD due for April release earlier this year was full of shit and just making stuff up for traffic? I mean, most of us already thought it was unlikely, but I just remembered it now.
by Sappharad
Sat May 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Everybody likes to play the insider, with hopes of being the one to say "I told you so."

I'll never understand people who have worked hard in an industry they'd have to be passionate about to be in the privileged position to know some secrets, who then feel the need to play the big I Am on internet forums. If that's what makes their job rewarding then they probably chose the wrong career.

Exactly what I was saying to him. I don't understand it, I mean what's worse is that if there is no Shenmue HD announced for a while yet, he gets to essentially deny responsibility due to the wording of his articles/tweets/posts. All the while, the ones who suffer the most are Sega, YSNET, even Yu Suzuki (due to how fickle the public can be), as people look to assert blame and vent frustration at a no show. A responsibility to an outlets reader doesn't exist anymore. Articles like this are not written for a reader first and foremost, they are written for self gratification at most.

As E3 comes closer, I can't help feel that any excitement I feel is turning into nerves more and more. If there is nothing shown, both in an update form or at E3, I will be very concerned for an inevitable backlash that would more than likely follow. I sincerely hope they realise that.
by Peter
Mon May 22, 2017 6:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh no no no, I agree completely. I meant "be patient", in the context of if E3 comes and goes without a HD announcement, to just remain patient and calm. Keep doing what everyone is doing with campaigning etc. But just to not fly off the handle and deem the whole thing over.
by Peter
Mon May 22, 2017 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gon - Everyday, without neglect, to keep training

Dan - Be brave and stay calm to make the right decision

Jie - Judge yourself without conceit and do not show moves thoughtlessly

Yi - To act without hesitation, to do what is right

Now isn't a bad time to keep the Wudes in mind. :lol:
by Kiske
Mon May 22, 2017 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New official survey from Sega

All done!

PS. It was great to see them include other classic SEGA IP's that I thought they'd omit entirely (eg. Panzer Dragoon, Skies of Arcadia)
by Sonoshee
Wed May 24, 2017 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New official survey from Sega

Got excited because survey mentioned Comix Zone on the App Store.

Went to the App Store and found nothing, then saw this :/

http://toucharcade.com/2017/05/23/comix ... es-launch/
by Amir
Thu May 25, 2017 5:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic