Search found more than 1085 matches

Return

Re: Is Tom Johnson Black?

I have a better question: What race is Mr. Satan?

by south carmain
Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mario Odyssey

Shenmue_Legend wrote:
south carmain wrote: My favourite Ryo Hazuki is the guy from Yakuza

Which guy is that? Oops, I better stop before I derail this whole thread!

The one that is a dragon. My close second favourite is the ryo hazuki from sleeping dogs.
by south carmain
Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Do You Want To Know?

Why Do Kids Love the Taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
by south carmain
Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

The only thing I could think of when watching Detroit: become human gameplay was "press x to start riot".
by south carmain
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Shenmue - Starting November 29th

should we call it a "slow-run"?
by south carmain
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Xenoblade 2

You know a game is lacking in plot when they make up for it with "plot"
by south carmain
Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 3's overall reception

Just for fun I want to know how well you guys think shenmue 3 will be received. The poll options are based on Metacritic but if you want to give your opinion on particuliar sites feel free to write them as a comment.
by south carmain
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #76: Say Hello to the Deep Silver Promotion Team

The forum mainstays(Spags, Peter, etc.) have gone dark, discussion is at a minimum, where once it was bustling..I can only extrapolate that, though external reasons are always a factor, this worry isn't plaguing just me these days.

While it's not my place to speak on their behalf, the impression I get from a world beyond the Dojo walls is that both of those named remain optimistic about the completed game.
I'm pretty sure peter would stab someone for saying shenmue 3 will suck.
by south carmain
Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #76: Say Hello to the Deep Silver Promotion Team

Nahovil wrote: It's the darnedest thing, appealing to what is essentially, nowadays, a multimillionaire philanthropist to fund some videogame. Are you people for real?

What's great about the shenmue community is that even as it ages, it never matures.
by south carmain
Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why isn't Sega funding Shenmue III?

Shenmue_Legend wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote: It was figured out weeks ago, oh cryptic one.

Not really.

phpBB [video]
by south carmain
Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The internet when Shenmue 3 arrives

I don't even use the internet for shenmue related info now. After having a few things spoiled through interviews that I woul have rather discovered while playing I decided to stop following most updates and news.
by south carmain
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New features.

Shenmue_Legend wrote:Know what I'm saying?!

I now imagine you as being butters from south park
phpBB [video]
by south carmain
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: worries about the physical edition of shenmue 3

Are you Shenmue_Legend?

i allready regeret subscribing to this forum. yesterday i preordered shenmue 3 trough paypal. the digital version.
I am not a ks funder. a latecomer to be exact. and im worried that also the digitial key is sent trough real mail(not email) this is ofcourse a worrysome thing cause the people that didnt fund can basically buy the game or key and redeem it instantly.

no i am not shenmue legend whoever that is. but im interested in why i would be him. has it to do with my sig? by the way i am not native speaker so forgive my grammar
you're too perfectly annoying to be real.
by south carmain
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Politics

Well this fucking sucks. Hopeffuly they'll be able to get the decision *please subscribe to our ultra-premium online social package to gain access to the rest of this post*
by south carmain
Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3's overall reception

I really doubt gaming websites are taking "bribes". Although there is no denying that there is some pressure on them through the risk of companies withdrawing their advertising, causing loss of revenue, or refusing to send them review copies in advance, putting them at a disadvantage. None of this is really relevant when it will come to reviewing shenmue 3 though but Some reviewers might be biased due to it being a kickstarter game surrounded by controversy.
by south carmain
Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: worries about the physical edition of shenmue 3

Centrale wrote: There's a setting in your preferences to turn off all signatures. Unfortunately it hides the tasteful, well-designed signatures as well as the annoying ones. Fortunately no one on here has a tasteful, well-designed signature, so I'm missing nothing. :D (ducks)

how dare you!
by south carmain
Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2017 7th Annual Dojo Award Show Hosted by Jeff Goldb

Crimson Ryan wrote: Who's Kintor?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=50663&p=1161078#p1161078
Shenmue_Legend wrote:I would like an explanation as to why I've been selected for the worst member of the year.

democracy
by south carmain
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

mjq jazz bar wrote: It's great we're letting some guy who's making us all look like idiots and now harassing Yu Suzuki still post here.

#NotAllShenmueFans
by south carmain
Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue_legend you should contact alimn (ali novin) he's the shenmue ambassador and has direct contact with yu suzuki.
by south carmain
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE: YOKOSUKA BLUES - A Fan-Film

Looks great but you should post it outside of the community projects forums since no one comes in here.
by south carmain
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fist of the North Star (New)!!! PS4

no omae wa mou shindeiru, no sale for me.
by south carmain
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

I would have joked about England being a shithole country, then I remembered I have my country in my profile :sad:
This is what trump had to say when he heard abour Riku's potential emigration to America
"Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?" Mr Trump asked lawmakers on Thursday, in remarks widely reported by US media.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42656433
by south carmain
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

One thing i am happy about though is that they seemed to have given his jacket its used look again. It bothered me a bit how in previous screens ryo looked like he had just came out of zara.
by south carmain
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE: YOKOSUKA BLUES - A Fan-Film

simply awesome, loved it.
by south carmain
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He's supposed to join ryo once his leg gets better so I think we have a good chance of seeing him again. Master chen and Guizhand seem like they're too important characters to only be relevant in one game. At least that's the impression I have.
by south carmain
Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

Valascaziel wrote:then I'm asking for my $500 back.

You donated it. You can't request a reimbursement of a donation since you didn't actually buy anything.
by south carmain
Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They are already free to do that OL. There is a team of independent athletes that competes at the olympics.
by south carmain
Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This game constantly fails to amaze me...

LMAO Who hurt you, Harman?
by south carmain
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine Sega would re-release its own 16-bit library on current consoles. I can't wait till April 2017 to reacquaint myself.
They are truly the pioneers of the video game industry. Some would call such an unpredictable move "irrational", but SEGA's forward-thinking is truly unmatched and this experimentation will surely help expand the video game market in the future leading to their long term success.
by south carmain
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Took a look at Corey Marshall's Facebook (inspired by a backer on Kickstarter) and saw that he says he's supposed to start recording his lines at the end of May.

*still pretty dismayed they're spending time and money on an English dub, but hey...it's news! After playing many, many hours of Yakuza 0, I can say that I have not missed the English dub of Yakuza 1 at all (0 is my first Yakuza since Yakuza 1).
Or at least don't have it dubbed by Americans. British shenmue dub>American Shenmue dub
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi4QlsZRHtI
by south carmain
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Between shenmue 3 and getting 2 Yakuza games a year I have no idea what to bitch about online anymore.
by south carmain
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Everything's a grind in Yakuza, that's why they put in substories so that you don't really notice it. Them being worth it is subjective I suppose, they're pretty fun and allow you to get filthy rich so that you can max out your characters.
by south carmain
Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does it still count as 2D if the bride is rendered in 3D?
by south carmain
Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just finished Yakuza 6 last night. It's the first Yakuza game where I didn't get sidetracked for 40 hours because I really wanted to play through the story. A lot of people complained about the game, but it's definitely my favourite alongside 0 so far. Also the engine upgrade really makes it a lot smoother to play compared to previous games.
by south carmain
Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does it get smoother later on? Like, after leveling up and all?
Just based on the first half hour-ish of actual gameplay, it felt a little clunkier to me than earlier games. I didn't have a problem with it necessarily, and I'm not complaining; it's a new engine, new fighting system, so I readily acknowledge that I probably wasn't entirely used to it yet (especially since I messed around with it amidst my Zero playthrough, and that game feels smooth as hell). But it did feel almost like they'd intentionally made Kazuma slightly stiffer and... less responsive, I guess? Almost like a way to increase the difficulty a bit (because, admittedly, pretty much all of the earlier games are really, really easy).
It's not something I'm complaining about, because the action was still great, and it actually works as an atmospheric element in a strange way (being that Kazuma is 50-ish now, so yeah, of course he might not be quite as quick on his feet anymore).
But again, my experience with it is limited to the very start of the game. So does it smooth out as it goes, or did I just get an entirely different impression from you's guys? Something I just have to get used to maybe?
I meant in terms of general gameplay when I said smoother, the way how the game doesn't have so many invisible barriers, pedestrians don't feel like walking tanks and there aren't any loading screens for absolutely everything like in previous games. As for the combat, it does become less clunky as you unlock more techniques but I do still prefer the combat in 0 in certain regards, however environment interactivity is definitely better in 6.
by south carmain
Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, great boss battles. I think the Rush fighting style makes all the difference in one-on-one fights. I'm back to playing Y5 now, and the fighting just feels so... loose. Granted, I'm playing as Akiyama, but still. In Yakuza Zero, the fighting feels so tight and precise, and the Rush style in particular makes those boss battles feel so much more on-point.
Have to say though, by the third Kuze fight, I was just kind of laughing at him. :lol:
I don't think he was supposed to come off as a laughing stock, but the frequency of Kazuma handing his ass to him just made it so.

I will say, my one genuine complaint is the sort of... disparity, I guess, between gameplay and thematic story content.
What I mean by that is, the gameplay itself can get so incredibly brutal, with Majima kicking daggers into people's abdomens, snapping necks and so on, and Kazuma literally shooting people in the head during the car chase sequence... and yet so much of the story revolves around their unwillingness to kill.
I mean... what?
I guess this has always been a little bit of an issue, since some level of fatal-ish violence has always been there throughout the series' gameplay, but it's much more present here, since there's just so much more impact to the action. Likewise, it almost feels like a weird retcon that both Kazuma and Majima refuse to kill so steadfastly, since it always felt pretty implicit from the original game on that these were some genuinely hardboiled criminal characters. Majima in particular certainly seemed like the murder-willing type from his very first appearance back in 2005.
I get why the disparity is there (you want the action to hit hard, and yet idealized Japanese characters typically don't kill... so what's a developer to do?), it just feels more present than ever in this particular game.

But yeah, having played this, I don't mind the mass of Majima appearances anymore. Before Zero, I thought of him one way (entertaining as hell, but a little one-note), but then Zero changes all that. Can't wait to see more in Kiwami and Kiwami 2 (and 6, if he's in that at all).
So yeah, I'd agree the game is a masterpiece. If I'd played it back in 2015, I'd definitely call it my own personal GOTY.
Reminds me of this part in yakuza 1 lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMKzWB3sDFc
by south carmain
Wed May 02, 2018 12:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With everything it had to offer, Yakuza 5 is definitely the Yakuza game I got the most for my money from. However, if you were to ask me at this point what the story was about or anything about the ending I wouldn't be able to answer, so it definitely wasn't really memorable. I do remember that Daigo had style in that game though :lol:
by south carmain
Sat May 12, 2018 3:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD's effect on the price of the originals

Jibby wrote:
RunningBear wrote:Don't people realize that their going to die someday? Are you going to take the collectibles with you in the afterlife? Lol......

You're right, I better get rid of every non-essential thing I enjoy. After all, I'm just going to die one day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why even live? you're just going to die anyway.
by south carmain
Sat May 19, 2018 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haruto wrote: Who knew you could be nostalgic about cups? If you were in the US and grew up in the 80s and early 90s you may remember these.

I remember having those in the late 90s in the UK
by south carmain
Sat May 19, 2018 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am either in bizzaro world or something, because the ONLY slowdown I experienced with 6, was the animation before the batting minigame. No screen tearing and its a stock, launch-day PS4.
I remember noticing it quite a bit while playing the demo but can't remember seeing any while playing the game itself. I did have slowdown in both cases though.
by south carmain
Wed May 23, 2018 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

^And which are they? I could use some hot tips
-Kiwami 2
-The yakuza reboot which I assume will be coming out next year
-fist of the north star
-the yakuza hd ports (although I probably won't play them straight away but it will be cool to have all the games on one console)
-days gone
-red dead redemption 2
-cyperpunk 2077 (this one might not come out so soon though)
-shenmue hd
-shenmue 3
-death stranding
-kingdom hearts 3
-ghost of tsushima
-RE2 remake

Starfield and beyond good and evil 2 also interest me but I'm waiting to see more first, also no guarantee they release so soon either.
by south carmain
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "My money!"

I do it pretty much every time I play through shenmue II. Even if it takes a while, it saves more time when having to gather the 500$ for Ren. And yeah it's always funny to see Ryo get incredibly angry over the loss of what is the equivalent to 10 cents
by south carmain
Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic