Search found more than 1085 matches

Return

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

http://i.imgur.com/2ifbY8i.jpg
See, this what I meant about sonic being irrelevant. The furries won't even dress up as sonic characters anymore, instead choosing a game that doesn't even have andromorphic animals in it. Soon they'll even stop making rule 34 on the series and they'll be no new results when you search "robert the hedgehog" on google images.
by south carmain
Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2017 - Games, dates & rumors

Bluecast wrote:
south carmain wrote: Is the switch more expensive than the PS4 in the USA too?

Yup. PS4 I think is $250. Switch is $300.

Damn the PS4 here is $334 and switch $367. I think I'll be waiting for a significant price drop before I get one.
by south carmain
Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How long have you been on this forum ?

Profile says 2005 but I lurked for a while even before that. Trying to remember what actually got me to sign up. Probably the weird ass forum posts.

Oddly enough, I remember you signing up on here. Used to interact quite a bit if memory serves me correctly.

You're probably right haha. There was a while where I didnt visit but I slowly crept back in. :D
You wanted some dank capsule toys http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21482&p=549903#p549903
by south carmain
Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2017 - Games, dates & rumors

I guess that would depend on the state really, I was told not every state in the US does the thing where they show prices minus tax.
You mean like in advertisements? Or list price? I thought UK does it that was as well because in the times I bought something from GAME/GameStation they do/did that. Like the 3 Wii games I bougt in 2011 were listed at £39.99 and more recently Wiepout Omega Collection with Steelbook at £29.99,or am I just missing something obvious here? Tho you mentioned Euro so maybe not in the UK? I thought you were. May bad if not. What I get for assuming.
Right now I'm in France so euros. but what we were talking about is how in the USA they don't list the complete price in some places only the price it costs before tax.
by south carmain
Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

See, this what I meant about sonic being irrelevant. The furries won't even dress up as sonic characters anymore, instead choosing a game that doesn't even have andromorphic animals in it. Soon they'll even stop making rule 34 on the series and they'll be no new results when you search "robert the hedgehog" on google images
Now you've either been living under a rock for the past month or you're simply begin disingenuous. The announcement of the character creator in Sonic Forces has been an incredibly popular move amongst fans and the general public, given that Sonic OCs are some of the most plentiful fan art you will ever find on the internet. Which is more than can be said about Splatoon; that Nintendo game is a joke that nobody plays, eclipsed by true multiplayer shooters like Overwatch.
listen here kiddo. Don't you try to teach ME out sonic, I have drawn over 9000 original content sonic characters on Deviantart and even participated in a SEGA contest. There is a sonic character named after ME too. I am known as a veteran in the sonic community and if you fuck with me we will destroy you, I even got top comment on reddit once. don't even THINK you're in the same league as me when it comes to sonic you amateur, I will humiliate you.
by south carmain
Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

See, this what I meant about sonic being irrelevant. The furries won't even dress up as sonic characters anymore, instead choosing a game that doesn't even have andromorphic animals in it. Soon they'll even stop making rule 34 on the series and they'll be no new results when you search "robert the hedgehog" on google images
Now you've either been living under a rock for the past month or you're simply begin disingenuous. The announcement of the character creator in Sonic Forces has been an incredibly popular move amongst fans and the general public, given that Sonic OCs are some of the most plentiful fan art you will ever find on the internet. Which is more than can be said about Splatoon; that Nintendo game is a joke that nobody plays, eclipsed by true multiplayer shooters like Overwatch.
listen here kiddo. Don't you try to teach ME out sonic, I have drawn over 9000 original content sonic characters on Deviantart and even participated in a SEGA contest. There is a sonic character named after ME too. I am known as a veteran in the sonic community and if you fuck with me we will destroy you, I even got top comment on reddit once. don't even THINK you're in the same league as me when it comes to sonic you amateur, I will humiliate you.

But how many confirmed kills do you have though?

If I told you I would have to kill you. But I will tell you one thing: whenever I defeat my enemy I always end it by whispering in to his ear " you're too slow "
by south carmain
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is going on?

Welcome back spokes!

Why are you speaking like chavs? Welcome back, this place is livelier than I've ever seen it but the off-topic section could do with a bit of a revival. I kinda miss the days when the forums were mostly frequented by regulars even if everyone was a bit of a cynical cunt.
Should I be a cynical cunt again? Or just cynical again to make ya feel better?
We only just got you back, would be a shame to see you banned again.
by south carmain
Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bluecast wrote: I was banned? News to me. I just left to myself on track in life.

my bad, I don't knw why I wrote again.
by south carmain
Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I come back last month and now Spokane and Brotherman! So who's next to come back?!

My guess is QWERTY :P
maybe I'm in the minority but I genuinely liked qwerty even if a lot of people found his juvenile trolling to be tiresome I thought he was a pretty decent guy. I wonder where oppy is at too, been ages he hasn't been around.
by south carmain
Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 6 months into 2017..your fave games so far?

Yakuza zero was the only game I got to play from this year but it probably would have turned out to be my favourite game anyway. It's definitely amongst my favourite of all time now that's for sure.
by south carmain
Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm still waiting on JSRFHD dammit. Fucking SEGA releasing JSR first, of course modern audiences aren't going to appreciate a fast paced platforming rollerblade game with tank controls. they should have just gone straight for future, it's supposed to be some sort of reboot for the series in the first place.
by south carmain
Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenhua face!

fittersau wrote:
Himuro wrote:Image

This is probably my favourite Shenhua model face/head.

I always found her to look oddly duck-like in that picture.
by south carmain
Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

I didn't realise that you hadn't played any of the games in the series before BC, I somewhat started the series with 3 myself (I did play through quite a bit of 2 on PS2 but never got to finish it and it was so long before I got 3 that I already forgot most of it) and never had an issue understanding the story. Yakuza games although in a chronological order have individual stories that you don't really need any context to understand as they stand on their own. The only thing that is useful from playing previous games I found was having an understanding of the relationship Kiryu has with certain characters and how he came to be where he is now.

But yeah you definitely don't need to worry about playing the PS2 games to start on the PS3 ones and if you really want to know what happened before, each game offers recaps to catch up on events from the previous ones.
by south carmain
Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

Well, it really goes to a choice of two events; PSX 2017 or E3 2018. If they are still planning on a reveal trailer at a large show, it will be one of those unless there is another delay (hope not as 3 years is a painfully long wait as is). Assuming it comes out fall or winter of next year, those are our only two options.

My bet goes for a smattering of info and small leaks like we've had with Kickstarter backer updates followed by a proper reveal trailer for the masses at E3 2018 with a firm 2018 announcement date. That's my guess.
The only problem I see with this, is the backer demo. I think (hope?) we'll be getting it by the end of the year. They'd have to do some kind of reveal before they release that.

Maybe they could do a smaller trailer focused mainly on Bailu village and the content of the backer demo, and save the big, bombastic full reveal for later. Or they could just drop the backer demo without a trailer, which would be an interesting and mysterious way to do it. Let the demo itself be the first reveal.

Oh, I don't expect the backer demo before summer 2018 and it WILL be very small. I don't recall there ever being a playable demo of a Shenmue game as it's simply not that type of game.
Already forgot about what's shenmue?
by south carmain
Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

I cannot seem to sleep last few days. My mind won't stop racing and nothing stressful just my imagination won't stop. I keep writing stories in my head or designing things and I tell my brain to stop but like a kid being told so shush in kindergarten it's quiet for a whole minute. I wish I could shut it off for one night.
have you tried writing them down? putting these thoughts on paper might help you get them out of your mind.
by south carmain
Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why can't I download a car yet, I want to prove those old anti piracy announcements wrong.
by south carmain
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe he's just a big fan of fallout and loves the middle east and mexico so much that he wants them to experience the awesomeness of the game series but since he knows most of them can't afford the games, instead he's going to bring the games straight to them, in real life?
by south carmain
Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Forgotton retro games that deserve more love

mrandyk wrote:
south carmain wrote: Image

Would have expected you to post Shenmue.

Nah shenmue is overrated
by south carmain
Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

People need to stop confusing disappointment and hate. I know it's cool to be the victim these days but just because something is being critiqued doesn't mean that people hate it...
by south carmain
Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections & Merchandise

Is the Timex watch really worth that much? It doesn't seem to be official merchandise.
by south carmain
Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drugs in Shenmue?

I was playing through the section in shenmue 2 where you listen to the wiretapper's cassette tapes and at one moment they talk about a mule running off with 500 of something.
by south carmain
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where did all the humor go from this place? Even the few still around who used to be funny...are not being funny. The newer faces I see can't make a single joke about Shenmue. Everyone used to even when they showed their true admiration for Shenmue could crack some jokes. Even LanDC made funny stuff and he was about as big a fan as Peter is now. I realize I myself am more subdued but that's mainly as I don't know when I go to far and just keeping myself in check these days. I try to pick and choose when to. I realize people got older but you can still have some humor.
I picked Guixang as my waifu. Not a joke though
by south carmain
Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Let them fight! Kiryu Vs Ryo FIGHT!

Yeah I think Kiryu as well. Ryo got his ass handed to him by a knockoff gollum. While Ryo is strong I think the point is that he just isn't a total BA yet and he isn't ready yet. Hell his dad died early so also possible his training was not complete. Ryo must overcome this by getting stronger gradually. Kiryu while gameplay you do learn new moves and such in the game I think that is more a gameplay thing than any character progression as you do that on your own time. Kiryu his challenges is more about protecting others and a series of other events. Physically he already has the tools and so that's never an issue. Kiryu as mentioned never lost a fight and he has taken on some shit that would have Ryo lying in a hospital bed. Kiryu would seriously wipe the floor with him. I know both are strong but Kiryu is nearly inhuman.
yeah being an unbeatable practically superhuman dragon is pretty much Kiryu's thing.
by south carmain
Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Forever

I don't know why they're using the unity engine as it is. They're using a game engine aimed at independent game designers to create an emulator for their games which it wasn't designed to do in the first place.
by south carmain
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki vs. Kazuma Kiryu

eh was it really necessary to merge this thread with one created in 2006?
by south carmain
Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Very important topic!

There are eminems without peanuts?
by south carmain
Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't get it, was it such a big deal to relaunch the discussion that it needed to be buried away in an old poorly presented thread? It's not like it was bumped in the past few weeks and people were actively participating in it, bluecast made a much more interesting job at presenting it too.
by south carmain
Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm the one who brought it up not bluecast he just agreed with me.
by south carmain
Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr. Frozen wrote: I am very disheartened by Bluecast's very important topic being locked. Peanut M&Ms are clearly superior. Must've been locked by a pleb who enjoys plain M&Ms

I'm still seeking out these so called mythical peanutless M&Ms, what else is the government hiding from me?
by south carmain
Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega - "actively pursuing" a Shenmue remaster.

Seems like it's something they're discussing at SEGA but they haven't started any work on it. Perhaps they're currently assessing the cost and work that would need to be done to make it possible before someone higher up gives the green light to make it reality.
I like the positivity, but time is a very important factor right now with Shenmue III on the way. I would have hoped that they'd at least started development by now. It would be ideal if they could leave a good amount of time for newcomers to the series to play the originals before III comes out, but it doesn't seem like SEGA care at all about that.
On one hand I can't blame them because they are a publicly listed company so it's normal that they would concentrate their resources on projects that will bring in the most net profit, but on the other hand if they gave their fanbase a little more attention then it could be beneficial in the long run. I don't mean do everything fans want but throw us a bone every now and then.

Or I could be completely wrong and they started development some time ago, they just don't want to give a concrete answer until it is closer to completion.
by south carmain
Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well I wouldn't call the video game industry a particularly efficient one.
by south carmain
Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seems like it's something they're discussing at SEGA but they haven't started any work on it. Perhaps they're currently assessing the cost and work that would need to be done to make it possible before someone higher up gives the green light to make it reality.
by south carmain
Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

0 being set in the 80s made it feel completely fresh for me, the story is my favourite by far and although Kamurocho felt familiar it also felt like a different place due to the change of themes, atmosphere and layout to a certain extent. The changes in a lot of gameplay elements also contributed to it feeling like a fresh experience. I enjoyed 4 for branching out in to different characters while not focussing much on Kiryu who I had become bored with at that point, the changes it made to Kamurocho was enough to keep the location from feeling too familiar for me. As for 5 you don't spend much time in Kamurocho and it has some really cool moments but overall I enjoyed it less than 4 and especially 0 that has become my favourite in the series. Even though 5 is huge with lots of new places to see it felt like it dragged on a lot of the time, I still put something like 80 hours in to it though so I didn't find it be a bad game by no means.

I mainly play Yakuza for the atmosphere and story though so I'm probably willing to overlook at lot of things that could bother other people.
by south carmain
Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deep Silver Partnership Signed + Gamescom Meet & Greet i

I hope they don't take those idiotic American shenmue ads as an example. From what I've seen of them they do like to try to be edgy so hopefully they realise that kind of style wouldn't interest many who would take an interest in shenmue and keep it grounded concentrating on the cultural and mystical appeals of the game.
by south carmain
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Just woke up from a SIII dream!

Imagine waking up tomorrow and realising that shenmue 3's revival was all a dream.
by south carmain
Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

Who is handling their marketing at this stage. Is it still Awesome Japan or was that just for the Kickstarter?
Awesome Japan are Kickstarter administration with some limited PR capacity. That's likely not changed much.

Yes, Shenmue III could have had a warning that it was still in development and a work in progress
Yeah that was a pretty big mistake. If you're promoting an incomplete product you need to make sure that people know that it is incomplete. That was a pretty big marketing blunder to be honest. I just hope the next trailer will garner as much interest and this time be polished to perfection.
The YouTube description made it very clear it was an in-development build when it first launched on Sony's channel, so it isn't like the game wasn't marked as such.

The naivety was expecting people to read the description and using their heads to realise that of course things are going to improve from now until release.

Though to be honest, people would have bitched regardless. YSnet has put out screens and footage before that had various disclaimers about unfinished materials right on screen and people still whined.
Hence why its a marketing blunder. This was promotional and not a kickstarter update hence why not taking in to account that the public wouldnt look in to a description and treat it as a trailer was a promotional blunder on their behalf. If you're advertising a lroduct you can't blame the public for not understanding your advertisement.
by south carmain
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Damn, I didn't realise it would be so controversial to say something could have been handled better. Some people here sure don't like differing opinions :-"
by south carmain
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not sure where any of us said this means it's the end of shenmue and will make it flop. All we've been arguing is that in this particular instance it could have been handled better. Yeah they might handle it better in the future but we're not there yet so there is no point censoring ourselves over what could or couldn't happen. Like Riku said, one side is being way more emotional than the other here.
by south carmain
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^ I didn't know people had a problem with 6's combat. From what I've seen it looks awesome and I can't wait to front kick street trash off of rooftops.
by south carmain
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

Never understood the deal with sega releasing games in English all across the EU. Especially in France where there are so little people fluent enough to be able to play through the games comfortably.
by south carmain
Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Militia Marketing/Ensuring Success

Elevensixty wrote:Create secret society that controls Japanese government from the shadows, maneuver things to make Yu Suzuki CEO of SEGA with essentially bottomless budget.

The most reasonable thing you said tbh.
by south carmain
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

Never understood the deal with sega releasing games in English all across the EU. Especially in France where there are so little people fluent enough to be able to play through the games comfortably.

It saves them money.
Not sure about that. It saves them in production costs but reduces potential sales.
by south carmain
Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1&2 HD Poll

I would like to have a legit clean way of playing them in HD in any case but I'm gonna be a bit disappointed if I can't put them on my shelf next to shenmue 3.
by south carmain
Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have never been more serious about anything in my life.
by south carmain
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic