Search found 122 matches

Return

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

Guys, Yu Suzuki literally said in this update that he's staying in his office overnight because he cares so much about Shenmue III. It's shameful to call Shenmue III 'humiliating' after seeing screenshots that we probably pressured the team to release with our constant messages after PSX. If the team are behind, we need to be understanding and supportive instead of going 'Games Media' mode. Shenmue III will be a great game, even if we have to wait a while longer for the good stuff to come to light.

Jibby - The voice of reason! Love it when you post as you manage to put exactly what I am thinking, into better words than I ever could!
by SheepheadCG
Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

To be honest, any hearsay or rumours are probably complete BS. The only way of someone "knowing something" is if they know someone who is actually working on the game (and I don't believe that at all) lol even Cedric didn't have, up-to the minute, correct info so how the hell could someone here...

I know we are all super fans on the series and we need to analyse every single bit of info, but if you can do that with a positive mindset (or without getting all annoyed/disappointed and posting shit everywhere), I think that it is better for you (and for the game) that you take a step back. I am chuffed to shit that S3 is happening in some shape or form, and the fact that it is going to look something in the ballpark of these screens blows me away.

Sometimes I think that people forget that we are super fucking lucky to be getting a new game at all.
by SheepheadCG
Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmuehd.com Domain Registered

I give 0 (z-e-r-o) credit to this slovakian store.
I can't believe they are the only gaming store in the whole universe to have Shenmue 1&2 Pack listed.
I can't believe, if this was true, that nobody else in the whole universe spilled the beans.

Unless the Shenmue 1&2 Pack is for Dreamcast... :lol:

I mean that it does happen from time to time, Game here in the UK have listed and leaked so many things early but when they do it is an accident, and they take it down ASAP. This time round there is someone who is affiliated in someway with the store, and they have been tweeting directly to Sega to say thanks... Seems super strange to me. Like if you was Sega and Shenmue 1 and 2 was actually coming, you would be super pissed that some little store leaked the news and ruined your announcement lol.

Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if he was just doing this to gain traffic their site lol Because that's what he is getting, attention and traffic for nothing. He has been tweeting about it since December 9th, just could just be a guy making it all up, that has happened to gain more traction due to the registration of the ShenmueHD.com domains.

I am very sceptical lol
by SheepheadCG
Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interestingly, the sources mention that in systems the game is named "Shenmue 1 & 2 Pack" in systems. This foreign website has this title listed with a release date of the 14th of April:
http://www.getgame.sk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2327

Not very creditable, but strange nonetheless. Is there a way to see how long a page has been up for?

Nice find! This matches the twitter peter guys twitter sig.

http://i.imgur.com/uCqVdXt.jpg?1

The store you found is where he works lol. Looked them up on facebook at they seem like a legit store that have 3k likes.

So basically he works there and noticed this in their system. A quick google search does find another store with the same date but it also supplied by the same store.

Edit: Yokosuka got there first :(!
by SheepheadCG
Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If they release it in April they will announce it earlier then E3 of course!

That's what we mean. We don't think that the April date is real. Shenmue HD is a MASSIVE deal in terms of a remake. People have been wanting this for a long time, Shenmue 3 has a HUGE buzz around it, to the point where people who previously had no idea about the game are now interested. All this means Free Money to Sega lol.

Sega is only in this for the money, so they want to get as many eyes as possible on the announcement as that will translate into the most sales for them. The only "big" gaming conference that is coming up, which allows the most eyes (and makes the most sense) is E3. It doesn't make sense for them to just release a blog post, and be like... hey guys we are doing Shenmue HD. It will be covered by the media and will get some impressions but the only people who will pay attention will be the Shenmue fans. If they do it at E3 they will get so so so many more eyes and an overall much bigger press presence. The non Shenmue fans will remember it from the Shenmue 3 announcement and might be more interested now that they can actually play the first 2 games. People who don't know Shenmue, will see people losing their shit lol and will be more interested, much like what happened with the Kickstarter.

IMO, this is the only way that it should be done. E3 is the only place that Sega should announce for maximum impact.
by SheepheadCG
Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the domain registration is now private (it was yesterday when I finally saw the news too) so you can no longer see who owns it. You can't prove that Sega owns these at the current time, as they currently point at a registrar's parking page, although I trust that the previous information is genuine.

My other point to make, which I think has been mentioned already but seems to be ignored, is that they were registered on September 7th of last year and somehow not noticed until now. This alone is good reason not to expect that news is pending in the near future. We already heard from them that they were "looking into" it after those sites had already been registered.

The April release thing is extremely likely to be fake just to help this guy sell more goods at his store. If they were actually doing a physical release, it would have to be released to manufacturing next month. When something gets a physical release, not being announced in advance is not feasible from a sales standpoint. It would also show up in a ratings database (ESRB, etc.) if it was ready for manufacturing, which hasn't happened. A physical release would be nice, I'd buy it. But at this point the existing evidence is not credible.

So many great points! Very interesting that the domain reg is now private. I guess we will just had to do what we are best at doing guys, sit tight and wait lol. E3 is the most likely best time for Sega to drop this bomb. It's not that far away... Only 156 days, not that I'm counting ;)
by SheepheadCG
Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you still hyped?

I am so hyped everyday, and it will stay that way. I am so happy to be getting Shenmue 3 fullstop.

Hyped is an understatement. When E3 happened, I warned my friends that my exorbitant love of Shenmue would surface more often, and in a much more annoying manner. They weren't prepared. I finally got one of them to start playing to shut me up. Turns out he's finding himself really enjoying it (I can't wait until he sees how much bigger Shenmue II is). Unfortunately, I'm still driving him crazy by bugging him to play it each time we hang out (But hey, it doesn't take too much arm twisting, so it can't be that annoying, right).

lol I'm in the same boat :P
I have always talked about Shenmue since... well... since forever ago, but since E3, I have been bringing it up more often. I am now banned from using the word Shenmue and have to think of genius ways to sway the conversation in this direction. I find it hilarious! Once of my mates ended up watching a full Shenmue 1 and 2 playthrough on youtube, and told me he understands why I love it so much.

I also have changed our Discord channels logo to the Shenmue Logo, but they are yet to notice as of yet :D!
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dreamcast game Trickstyle coming to steam this month.

Thought this was interesting and that someone might appreciate it.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/02/15/ ... ing-steam/
by SheepheadCG
Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryuji Iuchi : winter sunset (dedicate to Rodger Swan)

Apparently Rodger Swan was a youtuber who loved Shenmue. The dedication is really heart warming. :(

Yes you are right. He created a video about 8 years ago where he went to Dobuita. He was a huge Sega, Dreamcast and Shenmue fan but sadly passed away and will not get to experience S3. I believe that the video is still on his channel.

Edit: Here is a link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfmDm_MKGv0
by SheepheadCG
Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ricedigital.co.uk: Shenmue I&II HD in 2017, SIII maybe 2

It's getting a bit more interesting now.

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/rumor-shenmue-ii-hd-remasters-due-2017

"The author of the article previously leaked information that Atlus would publish The King of Fighters XIV a few days before its official announcement.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/02/rumor-shenmue-ii-hd-remasters-due-2017#YbYDD5g5jrVbmPHi.99"
by SheepheadCG
Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ricedigital.co.uk: Shenmue I&II HD in 2017, SIII maybe 2

When was the last time an HD remaster recieved a dedicated segment at E3? Skyrim definitive version? I can't think of any remaster ever receiving thet much of a platform or stage presence. It's usually just an announcement and bite sized trailer and that's it.

I didn't say anything about stage time, but if we were to see it on the stage it would be in 1 of 2 ways. Either following a section with a Shenmue 3 update, or just in the third party upcoming games trailer. Either way, I do think we will see it on the main stage at Sony.

I don't agree with what you said about them just announcing it with a youtube video. After E3 2015, Shenmue became a big deal thanks to the limelight that was shined on it. It made people who have not heard of the series curious about what it is and why it is so highly regarded. As I keep saying, Sega only made/will make remasters for the easy cash, and if they announce it on their youtube channel, it will get a response but it most likely won't reach those people who were curious back in 2015. Most people will have forgotten the name of the game lol.

In answer to your question, we have seen remakes on the main stage plenty of times. Crash, Infinite Warfare/Modern Warfare, Wind Waker, Skyrim, Day of the Tenticle, Grim Fandango, Last of Us, Dangaronpa, Uncharted. These come to mind but there are a shit ton more.
by SheepheadCG
Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BluePoint Games at work on a "Classic" remake.

Kinda unrelated but it's nice to see another Shenmue Tweet from Sega. This time it's not even from Sega Europe's account, just the straight up Sega account:

by SheepheadCG
Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Oh shit! Here we go!

by SheepheadCG
Wed May 17, 2017 3:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

How much efforts should the team put into it in order to have something "polished enough" for E3?

Such a valid point here! I am a backer of Star Citizen as well, and they said this exact sentence in regards to last years E3.

In short they said that Dev's take a copy of their current Dev Branch of the game, and spend about a month adding to/removing things from it just to have something to show off at E3. This causes a lot of problems and Chris Roberts (main Star Citizen guy;) said it wastes a lot of time, as it doesn't have anything to do with the actual development of the game.
When they are creating a Demo for E3 they spend time scripting a lot of the scenes and creating specific lighting for everything to look good.
These things will not be used in the final game and they decided it would be better use of their time to just continue development and show something "real" when it is ready.

If you think about it, this will aid the development of the game (which is great) but I also do feel a bit sad that it is going to miss out on all of those eyes on at E3. I would be extremely happy if it was delayed long enough to be at next years E3, which I believe it will :D!
by SheepheadCG
Mon May 29, 2017 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

I was out and about when I got the email on my phone. Was low on data and didn't want to watch it on my phone so dropped everything and came back home asap! Even avoided the Dojo so I didn't get any "spoilers" for the update.
As others have said, I am super excited about the delay. The fact that unreal 4 has allowed Ysnet to create a bigger and better game is amazing and am so glad Yu decided on it.
Just done a quick look over all the gaming media and it is so great to see that so many people support the decision to delay!
As Peter said, I am doubling down on a E3 Shenmue HD announcement now, the timing can not get any better for Sega!

Come on Sega, Do what you know is right!
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Already forgot about what's shenmue?

What's Shenmue was a video explaining portions of the game wasn't it? Didn't that come with one of the first issues of the Official Dreamcast Magazine; a video CD showcasing Shenmue?

Nope, What's Shenmue was Japanese Playable Demo which was given to players who pre-ordered Shenmue (was later given away with Famitsu).
From the wiki:

"What's Shenmue introduces the main characters and details what the game is about, before allowing the player to control the protagonist of the series, Ryo, around a portion of Dobuita. The ultimate aim of What's Shenmue is to find the then senior managing director of Sega, Hidekazu Yukawa. Once found, Ryo needs to chase him down the street in a series of quick time events, then defend him from a gang of "thugs" (before Hidekazu Yukawa wakes up in a room filled with unsold Dreamcasts to find it was all a dream)."

Full Playthrough from Adam Koriaik:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEmi2PaLaO0
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sega and Atlus have just revealed their E3 line up. Obviously this isn't the full line up, just stuff that is previously announced. Some very exiting stuff so far, lets hope they pull out a couple of wild cards :P

http://www.dualshockers.com/sega-and-atlus-reveals-e3-line/
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting thread on Reddit that just popped up and caught my eye. The Star Citizen Sub Reddit are praising how upfront and genuine Yu Suzuki and YsNet have been in regards to the delay:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6g109g/if_sq42_gets_changed_to_a_2018_release_i_hope_cig/

When you think about it, they are 100% correct. CIG (Cloud Imperium Games - the people behind Star Citizen) have delayed the game (and the pre-alpha content drops) over and over, which is fine and people expect it, but they always do it at the very last minute with a note on the forums etc. YsNet handled this perfectly with grace and confidence (even though Yu did look a bit worried/disappointed in the video :P). With the whole Awesome Japan craziness, it's very nice to see a complete 180 where we hear a direct statement from Yu himself.

WP YsNet!
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

I've been thinking about a Shenmue HD reveal a little bit this morning and how Sega would go about announcing it. Honestly, if you take a step back and look at last night's Sony conference, Shenmue HD would not fit there in the slightest. The conference had back to back huge, massive budget games (mostly first party), highly polished CG cinematic trailers, or are finished enough to show off gameplay footage. Granted there was a HD remaster reveal for SotC, but as we know that has been in the works for quiet some time by an excellent developer. Shenmue HD would have been a strange announcement on the stage as it simply wouldn't fit. Yet again, Sega didn't have a single game on the Sony stage, probably due to the amount it cost money wise to be there. It did shock me no Yakuza 1 or 6, but I guess that's just the nature of the show. It seems like a lot of games were bumped from the list in order for First Party games from Sony. Even Ni No Kuni 2 was bumped to the pre-show.

Now that we are over Sony's conference, lets take a look at Sega.
If we look at their previous (surprisingly great) track record with their latest HD versions, Bayonetta and Vanquish, they simply just came out and announced them on their own. They started by teasing some stuff here and there, on their twitter account, and with the Bayonetta 8-but game but ultimately, they just came out and released the games. I honestly think that they will do the same with Shenmue HD.
Bayonetta and Vanquish HD ports got a amount of media coverage just because people love those games. The ports were very high quality and thus they were both on the top of the Steam top 10 for mulitple days and have sold like crazy.
Imagine they did the same with Shenmue HD, that amount of media coverage would be many times of the above games, as would the sales, simply down to the fact that Bayonetta and Vanquish were PC only, whereas Shenmue HD would no doubt be multi platform.
Sega have already tweeted out saying to keep an eye out, as Bayonetta and Vanquish were only the start of this new era for them, and that more will be coming down the line. I think Shenmue HD is going to 100% be one of them, its just a matter of when not if.
by SheepheadCG
Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very nice article here from Dualshockers. They usually keep their content factual with little/no personal comments so seeing this article was a nice change of pace.

Pretty much sums up how we all feel:

http://www.dualshockers.com/e3-2017-dreams-shenmue-remasters/
by SheepheadCG
Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

For the first time I feel disappointed by them. They put us into hype mode about saying the game will be shown at Gamescom but now its no demo or videos?

So will that mean pictures? Like a substantial amount? Cause why tell us so in advance like that only not show off something substantial?

At this point we really need to see some new content. They delayed the game (granted totally welcomed by that) but now we need to see the counter to the delay with some fresh content.
Ya I really hope they have a ton of new screen shots..
My confidence is in them but just show us something solid to gawk at!

I think you misunderstood them. They WILL NOT have video/demo on the show floor, for visitors to play but THEY WILL have demos/videos to show to the press in the business area. We will be giving these videos at the same time, via Kickstarter and the official website.
It just says "latest news" will be shared at the event. Did you read information from another source that I just haven't yet? Not following this also partially because it's just poorly worded throughout.

We are go for a Shenmue event at the general admission entertainment area! Unfortunately, we will not be doing a large event like showcasing promotional videos or placing playable demos in this venue .

From the last Kickstarter update:
Yu Suzuki himself will of course be there to give the latest news about Shenmue III's development!

The business area
We will be participating in the business area. The area is limited to media and other business members of the game industry. Unfortunately, general admittance visitors cannot enter this area. For the latest on-site info, we please ask you to check the various media outlets.

So as Peter said, and as it says in this latest update:
We will be posting an update through Kickstarter and our official website at the same timing.

They will be showing off the game to the press (maybe via Sony's conference - or if not then in the business area with appointments with the press), and then they will share that with us via Kickstarter and the Official Site. This is how it works with pretty much every game.
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

For the first time I feel disappointed by them. They put us into hype mode about saying the game will be shown at Gamescom but now its no demo or videos?

So will that mean pictures? Like a substantial amount? Cause why tell us so in advance like that only not show off something substantial?

At this point we really need to see some new content. They delayed the game (granted totally welcomed by that) but now we need to see the counter to the delay with some fresh content.
Ya I really hope they have a ton of new screen shots..
My confidence is in them but just show us something solid to gawk at!

I think you misunderstood them. They WILL NOT have video/demo on the show floor, for visitors to play but THEY WILL have demos/videos to show to the press in the business area. We will be giving these videos at the same time, via Kickstarter and the official website.
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's On A Train

Time to update the thread name :P Yu's in the park!
Tis crazy how hype this picture makes me. I am a simple man.

by SheepheadCG
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's in a park

It's all kicking off!
How crazy it is that we are finally seeing banners and promo stuff for a game that a lot of thought would never exist!?! The fact that Yu is standing next to a Shenmue 3 banner (alongside a banner for a well known publisher) absolutely blows my mind! 16 years and over half my life in the making and I could not be happier!

(someone steal me that banner when the conference is over please)
by SheepheadCG
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's at a party

OMGFUDJFIGJKGMGJGLDFNM!

phpBB [video]
by SheepheadCG
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

I really don't understand people can't comprehend that this is early in-development footage. When you look at a teaser like this, and you see the insane detail in the environments and then you look at the characters and you realise there are no facial animations, surely it clicks in your head instantly, that they haven't started on them yet...lol

Some gamers clearly have no idea what the fuck is going on in the playstation youtube comments. Kills me inside.
by SheepheadCG
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Huber from Easy Allies (the Ex GameTrailers guy, who lost his shit lol), is going to be streaming the trailer at 7PM PDT and talking about his thoughts! Time to get emotional!

https://www.twitch.tv/easyallies
by SheepheadCG
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seems like the stone pit got some interior renovations. I don't remember there being a passage to the left of the giant mirrors. Maybe that's where we will go next? Or is just the entrance in a different location?
Also noticed that the fire lights up in bright blue intially, giving it a somewhat more mysterious energy filled appeal.

lol I noticed that too. I watched the teaser like 20 times, then went back frame by frame to look at stuff. I was trying to look to the back left to see where the sword pedestal was, and saw the path you are talking about. A lot has changed in there to be honest, but I guess that is to be expected. These two pictures side by side... :king: :king: :king:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/280458008809701388/349343242535567380/shen3cave.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/280458008809701388/349343255583916055/shen2cave.png
by SheepheadCG
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"This is a PS4 game*"

*made by an indie team on a shoestring budget, that won't release for another 12-16 months give or take

Top quality games journalism. I mean really amazing work.

The guys at Kotaku are fucking idiots lol that is all it boils down to. To be honest, when you look at most gaming "journalism" its all the same. I left all those sites in the dust and only use Dualshockers now because they only post the facts (the comments there are less stupid too... kinda).
by SheepheadCG
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TwiceFriedRice wrote: http://kotaku.com/actually-the-shenmue- ... 1798323180

lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol That is actually fucking hilarious! Very big props to this writer for her having the guts to do a counter article against one of her colleagues on the same site haha Classic!
by SheepheadCG
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Famitsu Interview w/ Yu Suzuki @Gamescom [Full Translati

I'd like for them to reveal just how much further the budget has taken them..say $9.5 million but let folks know their contributiins stilll matter so we could push for the $10 million marker via SB.

Honestly, that would be cool, but it is highly unlikely. These kinds of deals are done behind closed doors for a reason. I doubt that Deep Silver would be happy if YSnet told the world how much it cost for them to get Yu on board. I am happy that they haven't told us as well to be honest, can you imagine the headlines..."Shenmue 3 needed more money, even after it's kickstater". I'm almost surprised that the negative press and gaming "journalists" haven't already jumped on it.

I think they will just keep quiet and continue to say that Deep Silver has allowed them to realise the vision to the fullest. We're happy, Deep Silver's happy, Yu's happy, and the trolls don't get a specific number to write shit about :P
by SheepheadCG
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Screens + Note From Yu via Playstation Blog

The left side of the screen has others characters too apparently. Is the second one Chai???

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Spoilers below - some more characters.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DH_TOTcXUAAyU1Y.jpg:large

Super interesting. Zoomed in a lot on this picture. The power point presentation itself is named New Characters 22-08-17. By looking at the page scroll on the left hand side, and by counting the amount of slider also, it looks like they have around 14-15 characters already model in this presentation!

If you look at the characters from the 4th and 5th slides, It looks like they match the concept art of those found on the boards in one of the screen shots? That could confirm that YSnet are using the boards as placeholders to show where those characters should go. (I can't find the image where someone zoomed in on the boards though :sad: ?).

This interview from 4gamers.net is going to be super interesting, we are so luck to have Switch in this community! Our hero! haha!
by SheepheadCG
Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Screens + Note From Yu via Playstation Blog

Come to think of it. This image (of the Power Point Character Presentation) lines up with the Game*Spark interview. He was most likely pointing to the presentation when he said these:

YS: We still have a lot of work to do on Shenhua. [While pointing at characters] Take this one, it's a character that's close to completion. This one's provisional. This is also provisional. This one too is provisional.

YS: [Continuing to point at characters] This one's also provisional. Oh, so is this one. We do have characters that have been completed to a pretty high quality level.

:D
by SheepheadCG
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Watch Interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom [Translate

Why is it that every single time we get info on the game, people start to complain lol Look at Yu's track record. The man knows what he is doing! He isn't going to make it some overly simple 1 button kills all system... He is going to make it fun and something that probably hasn't been done before. Let him do what he wants and please, stop complaining!

I know we are all looking insanely forward to this game, and we have been for 16 years but think about it from Yu's side. He has been wanting to make this damn game for us, for all those years too. He must have soooooo many ideas and things that he wants to do and I trust that he will do what he feels right for the game. I wouldn't want to play a game that has been twisted, turned and over-influenced by the fans, I want the original idea by the fucking genius creator who made the first 2 games that we all love.

Give him a break, trust him, and he will make one fucking amazing game.
by SheepheadCG
Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For the love of all good in the world. Please, let the man do his work lol Someone kill me. Don't you think that they have looked at like every Ryo, Shenhua, Lan Di etc picture ever made... ?? For hours and hours they have tried to come to something that is a natural progression of how these 16 year old characters look, but something that also works within the engine. You have to remember that it needs to be rigged correctly for movement of the face/muscles/lips eyes??? No offence to anyone, but they have a TEAM of people who do this FOR A LIVING, they know what they are doing, and they have, one, if not the greatest game producers, directors, programmers of all time at the helm.

This is getting crazy, people need to leave him to do what he does best, create amazing fucking games. Please, have some faith in the man, he did create your 2 favourite games of all time remember!
by SheepheadCG
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Although I loved the teaser, I still didn't like neither Ryo's nor Shenhua's model. They need a step in the right direction so I'm just encouraging them to use the perfect models. The ones I posted are the top two Ryo models so once they pinpoint the best one, we will have that other Shenhua model and one of the two Ryos. How cool would that be?!

It's just a never ending spiral though lol. As Spaghetti said, You linked them 2 pictures that YOU like, but other people might not like them. In the end, it will always come down to personal preference. I think it is just better for Yu to do what he thinks is best (and this is what will ultimately probably happen). You also have to remember that we do not know the whole picture. We've seen the unfinished, un-animated, dry facial expression models within a 90 second video. Yu and his team have seen the models in every location that is currently created in the game, with every lighting scenario, at every angle and with facial tech implemented. To put it straight, we know nothing and they know a hell of a lot more. Please remember this. People on here see one image from 1 angle with 1 light source and they start flipping out. They know more than us, have more experience than us, and can therefore make a much better call on what is and what is not good.

If we get to E3 next year or even Gamescom and then as a majority, people are still not happy with Ryo and Shenhua, then it makes sense to raise our opinions. Currently, as I have said over and over for the last 3 days, it is a work in progress.

Couldn't agree with Spaghetti's post more. Cheering the team on, defending the game and helping keep the moral up is very important, but trying to change how Yu wants to make the game is something that we should (and something that we should want to) stay away from. Just because we gave our financial support to the Kickstarter does not mean that we have the right to steer development. It is Yu's gift to the fans, and it should stay that way.
by SheepheadCG
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #74 - Gamescom Travelogue

Those screenshots are gorgeous, I really like how Ryo looks now and would be completely fine if that was his final model and looked like that in the game. I'm very satisfied with how he looks

Get out of here

I hate to be really negative but If he looks like that in the final game which I know he wont then I wont be playing it. I'm actually serious, he straight up looks like someone else. There are models used in spin off games featuring Ryo Hazuki that look more like him and were even probably easier to make. No need to worry though because its definitely not final.

Wow. You won't play a game that you have waited for for 16 years? Because the main character model doesn't look how you want it to look... lol true fan right here boys. Jesus fuck... They could literally replace Ryo with the model from the Shenmue Zero fan game, and you wouldn't be able to hold me back from playing it.

Very happy with everything to be honest. I have the same feelings/thoughts as Peter really. Looks far beyond my original expectations and is getting better every time we see more material. With another year+ to go I am so excited to see how far Yu can push his vision for the game. Still blows my mind that we will be playing Shenmue 3!! Going to explore every single hex of the game lol

As I have said multiple times since June 2015, people really need to remember who is creating this game. Yu has one (if not the best) track record in the entire gaming industry. Yes, he is now confined by a much smaller budget, and a tiny team, but he is going to be able to squeeze everything he possibly can out of it/them and has said himself that "I can make the whole game you imagined!’

Yu ain't a punk bitch remember...Have some faith :twisted:
by SheepheadCG
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unreal Engine 4 and my concerns

This thread didn't piss me off. The premise doesn't even make sense: UE4 is used for all types of games, as evidenced by the Wikipedia entry posted above. Sounds like you're hung up on the fact the engine is called "Unreal."

lol I agree. Started to write out a response to the thread yesterday and realised that the post itself is just pointless...
Yet again, I'm pretty sure that Yu and his team know much more than we could ever hope to know.

For the last time (even though I know it won't be the last time I say it), Shenmue 3 is in good hands!! It's in the fucking best hands, the guy who created it from the start. Remember those 2 games that you love from 16 years ago? Yeh? That guy, the genius who made them, he is making this game lol! His track record is insane, if the guy wants to choose Unreal 4, then he can choose Unreal 4! He has his reasons and so far, the game looks incredible, so he knows what he is doing!
by SheepheadCG
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Super Blurry Development Screenshot

KidMarine wrote: What's the source on this?

I believe someone got to go see inside the studio!! :D!
by SheepheadCG
Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #77: New Character & Lakshya Digital

Great update in my eyes! New character looks amazing, and very fitting for the Shenmue world.

After looking up the company Lakshya Digital, it is clear that they are very good at what they do, as they have works on some great AAA games (Uncharted 2, WWE, Just Cause). They clearly know what they are doing and this first character looks perfect. If they can take the brunt of the work load for the NPCs, and allow Yu to focus his time elsewhere, then it is a win win situation!

As they say in the update, I am very eager to see how this looks in motion/in game.

I was also looking at the dates updates running up to Xmas for the last 2 years, to see what we can roughly expect this year. By going off the last 2 years, we should probably get another Update on Xmas Eve, and maybe one around the New Year (we got one last year (2016), but not for 2015).

Super excited to see the next Dev Update!
by SheepheadCG
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

Peter will also be running back from the venue straight to his hotel after the conference, so that he can upload his footage ASAP. We are spoiled :D!
by SheepheadCG
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Shenmue 3 a Scam?

This dude is trolling. He is the same guy who put out the "Shenmue 3 Exclusive Gameplay" video... which was just the game Sleeping Dogs. All his videos have like 50 thumbs down (1 thumb up aka... himself) on youtube as he is just trying to piss people off/capitalise on the bad press around Shenmue 3.

Noone should be trying to defend him... the videos are shit and the guy himself is a toxic moron. Mods please close this thread and ban the dude lol. He is spreading misinformation to try and tarnish Shenmue.

What kind of idiot thinks that Yu has run off with the money from the Kickstarter... Jesus. What a shit troll.
by SheepheadCG
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - past, present and future.

All sounds perfect to me! Great start Peter! I am very excited about the future and what it holds!

I would be more than willing to help with anything on the web side. I'll be the first to admit that I am not a design guy, but I have converted many websites from design PSD files to bespoke Wordpress themes, and have a lot of experience with Wordpress (and responsive design) in general. I do have a design guy and we would be extremely happy to help. All in all, I would love to help in any way.
by SheepheadCG
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

Sega tweeting out about an event tomorrow with a "HUGE" announcement. Not getting my hopes up, but let's wait and see :P

https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/984793771870126081

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/280458008809701388/434353288033468416/unknown.png
by SheepheadCG
Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cheapest Price for Shenmue 1&2 (UK)

Just posting from my info from the other thread and I will keep it updated as best I can.

Some UK retailers have their pre-orders now live. A couple of them mention that there is a Free poster included with the game of the original artwork , however some don't. SimplyGames also has a release date of 28th September, but the others do not /have placeholders.
My first thought was that the poster was included in all retail game boxes, as the first 2 sites show that a poster is included, but ShopTo.net has no mention of the poster at this current time.

Edit: Made some changes to the list. All Physical version include poster, dates are all placeholder so have removed them. Added a new column which contains information if you need to pay upfront, or if they charge on Dispatch.

UK Retailers so far
Base.com

⋅ £22.99
⋅ Payment on Dispatch
365Games

⋅ £23.99
⋅ Payment Upfront
SimplyGames

⋅ £26.85
⋅ Payment Upfront
Shopto.Net

⋅ £26.86
⋅ Payment on Dispatch (or you can pay upfront)
by SheepheadCG
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic