Search found 122 matches

Return

Re: Famitsu Interview w/ Yu Suzuki @Gamescom [Full Translati

I'd like for them to reveal just how much further the budget has taken them..say $9.5 million but let folks know their contributiins stilll matter so we could push for the $10 million marker via SB.

Honestly, that would be cool, but it is highly unlikely. These kinds of deals are done behind closed doors for a reason. I doubt that Deep Silver would be happy if YSnet told the world how much it cost for them to get Yu on board. I am happy that they haven't told us as well to be honest, can you imagine the headlines..."Shenmue 3 needed more money, even after it's kickstater". I'm almost surprised that the negative press and gaming "journalists" haven't already jumped on it.

I think they will just keep quiet and continue to say that Deep Silver has allowed them to realise the vision to the fullest. We're happy, Deep Silver's happy, Yu's happy, and the trolls don't get a specific number to write shit about :P
by SheepheadCG
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Screens + Note From Yu via Playstation Blog

The left side of the screen has others characters too apparently. Is the second one Chai???

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Spoilers below - some more characters.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DH_TOTcXUAAyU1Y.jpg:large

Super interesting. Zoomed in a lot on this picture. The power point presentation itself is named New Characters 22-08-17. By looking at the page scroll on the left hand side, and by counting the amount of slider also, it looks like they have around 14-15 characters already model in this presentation!

If you look at the characters from the 4th and 5th slides, It looks like they match the concept art of those found on the boards in one of the screen shots? That could confirm that YSnet are using the boards as placeholders to show where those characters should go. (I can't find the image where someone zoomed in on the boards though :sad: ?).

This interview from 4gamers.net is going to be super interesting, we are so luck to have Switch in this community! Our hero! haha!
by SheepheadCG
Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Screens + Note From Yu via Playstation Blog

Come to think of it. This image (of the Power Point Character Presentation) lines up with the Game*Spark interview. He was most likely pointing to the presentation when he said these:

YS: We still have a lot of work to do on Shenhua. [While pointing at characters] Take this one, it's a character that's close to completion. This one's provisional. This is also provisional. This one too is provisional.

YS: [Continuing to point at characters] This one's also provisional. Oh, so is this one. We do have characters that have been completed to a pretty high quality level.

:D
by SheepheadCG
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Watch Interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom [Translate

Why is it that every single time we get info on the game, people start to complain lol Look at Yu's track record. The man knows what he is doing! He isn't going to make it some overly simple 1 button kills all system... He is going to make it fun and something that probably hasn't been done before. Let him do what he wants and please, stop complaining!

I know we are all looking insanely forward to this game, and we have been for 16 years but think about it from Yu's side. He has been wanting to make this damn game for us, for all those years too. He must have soooooo many ideas and things that he wants to do and I trust that he will do what he feels right for the game. I wouldn't want to play a game that has been twisted, turned and over-influenced by the fans, I want the original idea by the fucking genius creator who made the first 2 games that we all love.

Give him a break, trust him, and he will make one fucking amazing game.
by SheepheadCG
Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

For the love of all good in the world. Please, let the man do his work lol Someone kill me. Don't you think that they have looked at like every Ryo, Shenhua, Lan Di etc picture ever made... ?? For hours and hours they have tried to come to something that is a natural progression of how these 16 year old characters look, but something that also works within the engine. You have to remember that it needs to be rigged correctly for movement of the face/muscles/lips eyes??? No offence to anyone, but they have a TEAM of people who do this FOR A LIVING, they know what they are doing, and they have, one, if not the greatest game producers, directors, programmers of all time at the helm.

This is getting crazy, people need to leave him to do what he does best, create amazing fucking games. Please, have some faith in the man, he did create your 2 favourite games of all time remember!
by SheepheadCG
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Although I loved the teaser, I still didn't like neither Ryo's nor Shenhua's model. They need a step in the right direction so I'm just encouraging them to use the perfect models. The ones I posted are the top two Ryo models so once they pinpoint the best one, we will have that other Shenhua model and one of the two Ryos. How cool would that be?!

It's just a never ending spiral though lol. As Spaghetti said, You linked them 2 pictures that YOU like, but other people might not like them. In the end, it will always come down to personal preference. I think it is just better for Yu to do what he thinks is best (and this is what will ultimately probably happen). You also have to remember that we do not know the whole picture. We've seen the unfinished, un-animated, dry facial expression models within a 90 second video. Yu and his team have seen the models in every location that is currently created in the game, with every lighting scenario, at every angle and with facial tech implemented. To put it straight, we know nothing and they know a hell of a lot more. Please remember this. People on here see one image from 1 angle with 1 light source and they start flipping out. They know more than us, have more experience than us, and can therefore make a much better call on what is and what is not good.

If we get to E3 next year or even Gamescom and then as a majority, people are still not happy with Ryo and Shenhua, then it makes sense to raise our opinions. Currently, as I have said over and over for the last 3 days, it is a work in progress.

Couldn't agree with Spaghetti's post more. Cheering the team on, defending the game and helping keep the moral up is very important, but trying to change how Yu wants to make the game is something that we should (and something that we should want to) stay away from. Just because we gave our financial support to the Kickstarter does not mean that we have the right to steer development. It is Yu's gift to the fans, and it should stay that way.
by SheepheadCG
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #74 - Gamescom Travelogue

Those screenshots are gorgeous, I really like how Ryo looks now and would be completely fine if that was his final model and looked like that in the game. I'm very satisfied with how he looks

Get out of here

I hate to be really negative but If he looks like that in the final game which I know he wont then I wont be playing it. I'm actually serious, he straight up looks like someone else. There are models used in spin off games featuring Ryo Hazuki that look more like him and were even probably easier to make. No need to worry though because its definitely not final.

Wow. You won't play a game that you have waited for for 16 years? Because the main character model doesn't look how you want it to look... lol true fan right here boys. Jesus fuck... They could literally replace Ryo with the model from the Shenmue Zero fan game, and you wouldn't be able to hold me back from playing it.

Very happy with everything to be honest. I have the same feelings/thoughts as Peter really. Looks far beyond my original expectations and is getting better every time we see more material. With another year+ to go I am so excited to see how far Yu can push his vision for the game. Still blows my mind that we will be playing Shenmue 3!! Going to explore every single hex of the game lol

As I have said multiple times since June 2015, people really need to remember who is creating this game. Yu has one (if not the best) track record in the entire gaming industry. Yes, he is now confined by a much smaller budget, and a tiny team, but he is going to be able to squeeze everything he possibly can out of it/them and has said himself that "I can make the whole game you imagined!’

Yu ain't a punk bitch remember...Have some faith :twisted:
by SheepheadCG
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unreal Engine 4 and my concerns

This thread didn't piss me off. The premise doesn't even make sense: UE4 is used for all types of games, as evidenced by the Wikipedia entry posted above. Sounds like you're hung up on the fact the engine is called "Unreal."

lol I agree. Started to write out a response to the thread yesterday and realised that the post itself is just pointless...
Yet again, I'm pretty sure that Yu and his team know much more than we could ever hope to know.

For the last time (even though I know it won't be the last time I say it), Shenmue 3 is in good hands!! It's in the fucking best hands, the guy who created it from the start. Remember those 2 games that you love from 16 years ago? Yeh? That guy, the genius who made them, he is making this game lol! His track record is insane, if the guy wants to choose Unreal 4, then he can choose Unreal 4! He has his reasons and so far, the game looks incredible, so he knows what he is doing!
by SheepheadCG
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Super Blurry Development Screenshot

KidMarine wrote: What's the source on this?

I believe someone got to go see inside the studio!! :D!
by SheepheadCG
Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #77: New Character & Lakshya Digital

Great update in my eyes! New character looks amazing, and very fitting for the Shenmue world.

After looking up the company Lakshya Digital, it is clear that they are very good at what they do, as they have works on some great AAA games (Uncharted 2, WWE, Just Cause). They clearly know what they are doing and this first character looks perfect. If they can take the brunt of the work load for the NPCs, and allow Yu to focus his time elsewhere, then it is a win win situation!

As they say in the update, I am very eager to see how this looks in motion/in game.

I was also looking at the dates updates running up to Xmas for the last 2 years, to see what we can roughly expect this year. By going off the last 2 years, we should probably get another Update on Xmas Eve, and maybe one around the New Year (we got one last year (2016), but not for 2015).

Super excited to see the next Dev Update!
by SheepheadCG
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

Peter will also be running back from the venue straight to his hotel after the conference, so that he can upload his footage ASAP. We are spoiled :D!
by SheepheadCG
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Shenmue 3 a Scam?

This dude is trolling. He is the same guy who put out the "Shenmue 3 Exclusive Gameplay" video... which was just the game Sleeping Dogs. All his videos have like 50 thumbs down (1 thumb up aka... himself) on youtube as he is just trying to piss people off/capitalise on the bad press around Shenmue 3.

Noone should be trying to defend him... the videos are shit and the guy himself is a toxic moron. Mods please close this thread and ban the dude lol. He is spreading misinformation to try and tarnish Shenmue.

What kind of idiot thinks that Yu has run off with the money from the Kickstarter... Jesus. What a shit troll.
by SheepheadCG
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - past, present and future.

All sounds perfect to me! Great start Peter! I am very excited about the future and what it holds!

I would be more than willing to help with anything on the web side. I'll be the first to admit that I am not a design guy, but I have converted many websites from design PSD files to bespoke Wordpress themes, and have a lot of experience with Wordpress (and responsive design) in general. I do have a design guy and we would be extremely happy to help. All in all, I would love to help in any way.
by SheepheadCG
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

Sega tweeting out about an event tomorrow with a "HUGE" announcement. Not getting my hopes up, but let's wait and see :P

https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/984793771870126081

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/280458008809701388/434353288033468416/unknown.png
by SheepheadCG
Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cheapest Price for Shenmue 1&2 (UK)

Just posting from my info from the other thread and I will keep it updated as best I can.

Some UK retailers have their pre-orders now live. A couple of them mention that there is a Free poster included with the game of the original artwork , however some don't. SimplyGames also has a release date of 28th September, but the others do not /have placeholders.
My first thought was that the poster was included in all retail game boxes, as the first 2 sites show that a poster is included, but ShopTo.net has no mention of the poster at this current time.

Edit: Made some changes to the list. All Physical version include poster, dates are all placeholder so have removed them. Added a new column which contains information if you need to pay upfront, or if they charge on Dispatch.

UK Retailers so far
Base.com

⋅ £22.99
⋅ Payment on Dispatch
365Games

⋅ £23.99
⋅ Payment Upfront
SimplyGames

⋅ £26.85
⋅ Payment Upfront
Shopto.Net

⋅ £26.86
⋅ Payment on Dispatch (or you can pay upfront)
by SheepheadCG
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What trophies/achievements do you want to see in 1 & 2 H

Not sure how legit this so take it with a grain of salt (I don't know anything about completionist.me but it does look to be pulling the info from the steam API) is but I thought it was very interesting either way. It's an achievement list pulled for the games Steam listing. Obviously probably a work in progress so far too, but cool to look at :P
https://completionist.me/steam/app/758330

Shenmue I (24)
Brawl
Break_And_Enter
Call_Police
Collect_Capsule_Toy
Dojo_Flashback
Find_Kitten
Find_Phoenix_Mirror
Get_A_Job
Help_Lady_Find_House
Kitchen_Flashback
Learn_5_Moves
Learn_From_Tom
Learn_New_Move
Meet_Charlie
Play_An_Arcade_Game
Reach_Harbor
Rescue_Nozomi
Take_Mirror_To_Antiques
Teach_Fuku_San
Translate_Letter
Tree_Flashback
Visit_Fortune_Teller
Win_Forklift_Race
Win_Game
Shenmue II (24)
Catch_Leaves
Catch_Wong
Catch_Yuan
Complete_Game
Defeat_Dou_Niu
Fall_Off_Building
Find_Shenmue
Find_Yhunda_Zhu
Give_Money_To_Musicians
Impress_Yellow_Gang
Learn_10_Skills
Learn_15_Skills
Learn_5_Skills
Learn_New_Skill
Learn_Wild_Throw
Leave_Hong_Kong
Low_Money_Bag_Steal
Meet_Lishao_Tao
Place_Marker
Recover_Bag
See_Flowers
Straighten_Sign
Visit_Fortune_Teller
Win_Arm_Wrestle
by SheepheadCG
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My guess in the discord was 18th of September lol only 10 days off if SimplyGames is right.

How crazy is all this haha! Still can't really believe it. Like we knew it was eventually going to come, but the fact that it is on the main banner of some UK retailer's sites is just madness :D!

Insanely hyped on that poster!
by SheepheadCG
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD Fact sheet

Might be too early to say as of yet, but some stores in the UK have just released their pre-orders. Both the retailers so far include a FREE POSTER of the original art . So it looks like this might be included with every physical version.

Prices so far are £23.99 and £26.85.

http://www.simplygames.com/p/shenmue-i--ii-ps4
https://www.365games.co.uk/ps4-games/shenmue-i-and-ii-ps4-game
Edit: Also on ShopTo.net £26.86 - no mention of the poster here though - release date is placeholder 31.12.2018.
https://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4SH34-shenmue-i-ii

Simply games lists the release date as 28th September, but 365 has TBC. I have tweeted at SimplyGames to ask if it is a placeholder date.

Also... How fucking awesome is it to see this slap bang in the main header of the site!!!
**Sorry for my over use of chrome tabs**

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/280458008809701388/435410388511621120/unknown.png
by SheepheadCG
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just a new tweet from Adam Koralik:
https://twitter.com/AdamKoralik/status/985885950503997440

"Shenmue rumors claim the time skip/waiting feature of Shenmue II has been added to Shenmue I. This is NOT true. Feature remains in Shenmue II, is not in Shenmue I."

Obviously not a bad thing and IMO kinda takes away something from the game :) Might be a good idea for the fact sheet atm. It could change in the future I guess.
by SheepheadCG
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SledgeNE wrote: From Amazon_de via US-Import 89,99 €. :shock:

https://www.amazon.de/Shenmue-Collectio ... ds=shenmue

Better i wait. ;-)

lol those crafty marketplace sellers.
by SheepheadCG
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Base have their pre-orders up. It is now the cheapest at 22.99 and you do not have to pay upfront ;) Excellent service from them, got my Yakuza 6 After Hours Edition today :D

Added to the list ;)

PS4 Version:-
https://www.base.com/Games/Shenmue-I-II-PS4/SHENPS4/product.htm

Xbox One Version:-
https://www.base.com/Games/Shenmue-I-II-Xbox-One/SHENX1/product.htm
by SheepheadCG
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Question: Will both games require a high end PC? i dont think they should since they are old games. I own a craptop hence why i am asking. I am stuck on whether to buy PC or PS4. The Craptop is mine but PS4 is my brothers, so i would prefer the PC version but can i run it is what im concerned about.

As others have said, I'd expect that the requirements will be pretty low. If you are worried, buy it directly from Steam (instead of a grey market key) as if it doesn't run/doesn't run well, you can get a refund as long as you haven't played the game for over 2 hours. You can then use the money to get the PS4 version on your brother's PS4 as a last resort :)
by SheepheadCG
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Current sales ranking on various Amazon & other retail s

This is so awesome haha! Just busy doing work and keep looking at twitter to see that someone has made another post saying that Shenmue 1 & 2 HD are in the top sellers in their country. It doesn't get much better than this guys! The pre-orders are so damn strong it's crazy! :D!!
by SheepheadCG
Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue III pics from THQ Nordic financial presentat

'New' footage is always welcome, but the PR side of things is still a bit of a mess - it's just so random how material is 'released'. Time for some much needed continuity.

I see what you mean, but I honestly think that DS are on top of it now. This new footage that we have uncovered, was not given to us. It wasn't part of the backer update or anything like that and is a total of about 5 seconds of new stuff, that they probably thought that a very small amount of people would see. I also bet they didn't think that there would be articles about it... lol

I think we should all wait until Deep Silver come out and say "Here is some new footage of Shenmue 3". At that point, it will be something that they are ready to show, and I think that is when we will have our first "real" look at the game.
by SheepheadCG
Fri May 18, 2018 4:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstsrter Update #83 - Survey Info #0

Wow! This really came out of nowhere lol! So awesome that you can do upgrades, been waiting for that for so long now!

I wonder if this means that the trial demo is close?? Would be so funny if we get a demo before we even see game play :P Surely, that would never happen! Gamescom game play (maybe even of the demo) and then a demo release to trial backers very shortly after?
by SheepheadCG
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue HD Thoughts

Awesome news! I saw from Metal Jesus' youtube channel that Adam and Corey had been running around E3 with a camera. Apparently they were interviewing people, but instead of asking normal questions, it was Corey (as Ryo) asking questions from Shenmue. Metal Jesus said it was hilarious as Corey never broke character.

I assume this video will be released on the 3rd, potentially with a release date announcement of the S1 S2 HD re-releases.

Either way, Sega have been killing it with their social media game! Very hyped!

Edited for Source: https://youtu.be/4AcIMkW-w08?t=12m38s
by SheepheadCG
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

I was more hyped about the video, and the little girl from Bailu village being voice acted and fully animated. Fuck yes!

Lol I was so busy reading the survey instructions that I didn't even look notice there was a video, I thought it was an image, and even then I didn't even focus my eyes on it... Paddy had to point it out to me lol

Looks and sounds great! All starting to feel so real now!! Little confused about the upgrades on the survey (as I want to upgrade a little bit to the Guest Book tier, but it seems as if the $250 tier is the top?) so have emailed them to see if there is any way to do it.

Looks like we are getting all the Shenmue news these days! Very excited for the Survey, the stream tonight and then of course the announcement on the 3rd :D
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quiksylver wrote: Hey Sheephead, whats this about an announcement on the 3rd?

Source:
https://twitter.com/TeamYu/status/1011516180484575232
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is anybody able to confirm for me whether you can go back and upgrade your pledge after completion of the survey? Or does completing the survey lock that in? Cheers!

I sent the kickstarter team a message asking about upgrading to the 600$ tier, and they told me that it could be an option in the future. I then asked if I should wait to fill out the survey just incase, or if I could fill it out now and then change it later (if the option for $600 becomes available) and Joel replied with the following:

"You can always go back and edit your survey answers until the close in September, so if something is added, it will be easy to go back in and make any changes."

Hope that helps!
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #85: Survey Info #2: $7M stretch goal reached!

BlackHeaven wrote: What do the Kanji say? Curious!

Switch posted on the Phantom River Stone Twitter to say that a blog post concerning the new image will be coming soon :D
by SheepheadCG
Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by SheepheadCG
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:11 am

Jump to topic

Re: Goodbye old friend....

Wait.. what's happening?

Peter and the crew have been hard at work on making a new site, one that doesn't rely on these old PHPBB3 forums and that will be responsive (mobile/tablet friendly). The site is going live in about 35 minutes over at shenmuedojo.com :D!

Thanks for all the hard work guys! Hoping the transition is a smooth one for all involved. Love this place so much and I imagine I'll be spending the same amount of (if not more) time on the new site! The hardest years of being a Shenmue fan are behind us, we no longer have to have blind faith, instead we now have an actual future of the series to look forward to!

See ya on the new and improved Dojo!
by SheepheadCG
Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic