Search found 122 matches

Return

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today!

9. Sony and other investors only funding a part of the games budget. Does this mean most of the budget will come from the Kickstarter? More importantly, how much does Suzuki-san want the Kickstater to reach in order for him to make the FULL vision for Shenmue III?

Great job so far Himuro! I found that you have a typo in question 9. Sony and other investors ARE only funding a part of the games budget. :)
by SheepheadCG
Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

I just hope that they do what they want. They made the first 2 games, and they were absolutely amazing. I feel like we are in good hands with Yu and his team. The last thing that I want is them to start taking people's ideas from the surveys and trying to change their overall vision.

Its Yu guys, he will do this his way, we have nothing to worry about :)
by SheepheadCG
Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Everyone please make sure that up upvote the AMA on reddit. The more upvotes the whole thread gets, the higher it will be on the front page. The more exposure the better :)!
by SheepheadCG
Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here we go guys, one of the most Important questions was answered:

We have to make it known that 10 Million is the Minimum Goal that we need to reach with the Kickstarter! Spread the word!
by SheepheadCG
Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A big youtuber has said he might do a playthrough of Shenmue 2.

Tweet at him to make sure he does it:

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/statu ... 6174318592
by SheepheadCG
Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree. Copied from earlier in the thread.

I'm sure come Monday the kickstarter campaign managers will sort things out. They have been very very busy.
The first announcement of the game crashed the site lol Think about how many questions they have to get through. Yes, we know they were unprepared, but they were still at E3, they had to fly home, get through all 8000 questions, and sort out and do the AMA. Now thats all out of the way I'm sure we will see some more activity coming soon.
by SheepheadCG
Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wouldn't worry about it too much. We have 26 days, what happens with 23k in the middle doesn't really matter. Plus, we'll hopefully get a new update when we reach the new stretch goal :)!
by SheepheadCG
Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://i.imgur.com/VcygbYp.png

Here we go! Finally we have an article that has the facts 100% correct and its actually a big respectable site with a lot of traffic.

Help share this one around!
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-22-yu-suzuki-needs-usd10-million-to-make-a-truly-open-world-shenmue-3
by SheepheadCG
Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

US prime time. Fair enough. I'm happy for our American friends. I'll pass on this one but maybe some one will record it. Next time, they might be able to do it at a little later time so the audience in Europe can watch it. :)

It will be instantly available as a VOD on twitch the second that the broadcast finishes. :)
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #19: When Shenmue Got its Name

Its not meant to. It's meant to be a bonus for those who have pledged and keep them informed of how the progress is going and if development is on track.
by SheepheadCG
Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big update to the Kickstarter coming today!

Very excited to see what they "Fix" with the campaign! Thought I'd make a thread so we can discuss the changes.
by SheepheadCG
Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Big update to the Kickstarter coming today!

lol innit. I gotta go out, already like 40 mins late, but trying to drag it out so I can see the new stuff lol
by SheepheadCG
Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Shenhua face!

Yu just tweeted this out! Looks amazing! What you guys think? I guess this is going to be all part of the new kickstarter overhaul that they are putting together!

https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status ... 4214216704
by SheepheadCG
Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Big Update coming in the next 10 hours. Before ~8PM GMT.

James Brown wrote: They keep on about Umbrellas and stuff, is there a hidden message there somewhere? I know they originally said a storm of updates was happening, but to keep using the word Umbrella is a bit weird I feel?

Shenmue Umbrella, next reward tier hahahaha! Imagine that :P!
by SheepheadCG
Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #23 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers add

It's limited to 5 people lol. People need to calm down. Its probably going to be some no named NPC that you see once, or don't even notice in a Shenmue 1 like 70 man battle royal in the base that Yu said we are going to infiltrate. Yu isn't going to do something that will ruin his vision guys, have some faith please :P
by SheepheadCG
Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III: PC vs PS4 version

I'll be on PC, but I'll buy the Ps4 version aswell to support Shenmue and Sony. Those who are worried about the PC version being buggy etc. You don't have to worry. The pc is the lead Dev platform for Shenmue 3 with Sony moving the game over to the Ps4 so we won't get any of this Arkham Knight shite lol

In this case, I'm afraid for the PS4 players. That means their version could be a downgrade of the PC, and downgrades are usually... not really good looking. But I'm probably wrong here as Sony is directly involved in the project.

Every game you have ever played on your PS4 was created on pc and "downgraded" to suit the PS4 hardware and architecture lol You have nothing to worry about, because as you said Sony are handling the Port so its all good :)
by SheepheadCG
Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A Gamer's Journey: The Definitive History of Shenmue

Wow! This was so damn good! We need Awesome Japan to add this to the Kickstarter page, it was literally that good :D! The next couple of years are going to be good to us guys! To be honest, we do deserve it though :P

Keep up the great work!
by SheepheadCG
Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The new trailer is bad ...

People really need to understand that this will be NOTHING like the finished product. This short has been made and rushed out just for the kickstarter, in probably a very short amount of time. There is no VO, no sound (other than BGM), no intro, its barely even a trailer lol its just a clip of what they have been working on as probably proof of concept.

Calm down lol...
by SheepheadCG
Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD: Attacking Sega with it now (prefab email ins

Done! I really think that now the KS is over, this is the perfect time to rally everyone together and get a quick campaign out that focus on S1 and S2. This is the time when there will be the most number of people excited about Shenmue and therefore will give us the biggest push.

Can the Dojo scrape something together with the other Shenmue sites so we can all message Sega at the same time? It would be amazing!!!
by SheepheadCG
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sega Planning "String of High Quality PC Ports" - Gamespot.

Interesting article from Gamespot here. We can hope they see sense and just man up and release S1 S2 lol.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sega-p ... 0-6431226/
by SheepheadCG
Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Europe comments on Shenmue

lol I just saw this on my twitter feed, and instantly read it as only "Time to play Shenmue". I lost my shit so quick that I didn't read the rest :D!

This is the first time they have commented on Shenmue in so long, let alone fucking #'d it lol.

Come on Sega, step up to the plate, and drop that bomb!
They can't be so dense that they don't see they're messing with us. Can they?

lol you say that, but they've done it so many times. I'm looking at you Ben Harborne...
Just a warning to people who haven't seen this video. Its an old one from 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLHOjeZ8hO8
by SheepheadCG
Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #47

It really is surprising to me how much negativity there is here.

Like seriously... I am so damn happy that Shenmue 3 is even coming. There are some people in here who really need to take a step back and just remember that! 4 months ago we would have killed to get the smallest bit of new info about our favourite game franchise. The game is now being made, and people are crying about how some super super early development shots, (which are even using included assets from the engine) don't meet their expectations...

WHO CARES!!! It's going to change, and even once it has, it probably won't look like how you want it to or how you imagined it to... but you know what!?! Yu Suzuki, the Legend, who created the best 2 games of all time, has created a game for you. A game that you have wanted for 15 years. We will finally leave the Cave in Guilin, we will continue the story of Ryo's revenge, and not only will we have a Shenmue 3, but there is now now a pretty good chance we will have a Shenmue 4.

Think about where we have come from, and where we are heading. We are getting the game we always dreamed of, from the original creator. We are in good hands people... That's what the kickstarter updates remind me of!

(That screeny of the house with the thatched roof tho... *Jizzed everywhere*).
by SheepheadCG
Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bailu Village Hut Video - Full Quality!

Guys I thought this deserved its own thread as people will be super excited to see this now its in full quality! They just uploaded the Bailu Village Hut video from the Chinese presentation to the Shenmue 3 Official Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_NppngNCC8

It looks so great! I'm so giddy right now! haha! You can look at it and see within 1 second that it just fits the Shenmue feeling and atmosphere! So happy!

The thing that blows my mind the most, is the fact that the whole game is going to have to match this graphical fidelity and I couldn't be more pleased. What you guys think?
by SheepheadCG
Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update 49 & 50: Paypal Extension & Reward po

Guys! They just uploaded this on the Shenmue 3 Official Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_NppngNCC8

Very nice to see the clip in good quality instead of that dodgy powerpoint embed lol. So crazy to think that they didn't mention this in the update today!

It looks so great! I'm so giddy right now! haha!
by SheepheadCG
Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update 51: Poll Results & Shenmue.link revam

Such a stupid idea lol I don't even understand how this decision could be made. They would have been better off just not asking in the first place, and just doing it. Noone would have had a problem with that as it would have just been normal.

Talk about just completely messing it up. The media is YET AGAIN going to run away with this. First article is up, luckily it is Dualshockers, and they aren't dicks like IGN/Kotaku/gamespot lol

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/01/04/shenmue-iiis-kickstarter-exclusive-rewards-wont-be-available-for-paypal-backers/

They normally just state the facts, and don't have negative opinions on things so we are good here. Think I might just avoid the internet for the rest of the day because I don't wana read the comments about this lol.\

EDIT: Is the Shenmue site dead for anyone else?
by SheepheadCG
Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update 51: Poll Results & Shenmue.link revam

People need to understand that even though AJ are morons, they are not going to interfere with the games development. I thought this was pretty obvious. Fair enough, they can impact how the game will turn out in terms of YS.net's funds, but that is it.
When you say your "not optimistic about trusting a newly-formed game company with a high-profile game like Shenmue" that just sounds strange, seeing as it is with many of the Original people who created it lol Everything we have seen so far of the ACTUAL GAME/Prototype tells me that they still have that magical touch and feeling that oozed out of Shenmue to make it the game we all love.

Yes, AJ are dickbags, but Yu and the team who are working on the game are fine.
by SheepheadCG
Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Custom Shenmue Lego for UK Playstation Magazine.

Hey guys,

Just casually browsing reddit when I saw some cool custom Lego characters from a user called Minifigs.me. UK Playstation magazine commissioned him/her to make some of their characters such as Ryu/Chung-Li/Kratos etc. In the comments of the post Minifigs.me said that he hasn't received this issue of physical magazine yet, but said that he also created Ryo from Shenmue and was hoping it would be featured. I reached out and he/she was nice enough to supply some pictures!

Here are pictures from the magazine:
http://i.imgur.com/A6n48QC.jpg

And here is Ryo:
http://i.imgur.com/qjhdxCm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oFJpT1u.jpg

Very cool stuff. If anyone has the mag, it would be cool to see if Ryo made the cut!
by SheepheadCG
Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue II frame rate

Couldn't agree more. Dreamcast any day of the week :D
by SheepheadCG
Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

She might be trying to make him hurry, or she might be leading the way, or he is scared of something, or he doesn't want to go that way... so many things that it could be lol What I am trying to say, is that it is too broad a picture to tell what is going on at the moment.

Super cool sketch though! Today has been such an amazing day! These images and videos are perfect, and capture the feeling that Shenmue portrayed to me as a kid. I couldn't be more happy if I tried! Thanks to everyone who posted everything this morning for everyone to see!
by SheepheadCG
Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

LOL the article says Shenmue 3 will release at the end of this year. You can't spell ignorant without IGN.

"next* year"

Has the article been modified ?

Haha I tweeted at the person who wrote it :P and she fixed it. Trying to get her to embed the compilation video as well :D
http://i.imgur.com/rfReNKd.png?1
by SheepheadCG
Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ps4k and shenmue 3

Yep. Unreal 4 supports 4k, however as I said above, the game will have to have a specific patch to take advantage of the increased specs of the "PS4K". I hate the name so much lol The GPU is rumoured to have 2 times the power, and the PS4 can barely run games at 1080p/30 anyways. How is a 2 time boost (without even mentioning the CPU bottleneck), going to be able to push a resolution that is 4 times 1080p with the same frame rate?

It's a really strange situation, as hardly anyone has a 4k Tv at the moment, so not many people would see the increased pixel density anyways. IMO, it would be better for devs to use the extra power to get 1080/60 or add extra effects/Npcs to their games, which I am betting a lot of devs will do.

Either way, if they Devs create games with this new spec in mind there will be a plus side for PC gamers as the PC version of these games won't be as downgraded as we are used to :P
by SheepheadCG
Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Just found out about Shenmue 3

Haha! Awesome! So glad you managed to find out eventually! You should have seen the Dojo the night of the announcement, it was crazy. You are kind of lucky in a way. The rest of us were glued to the Kickstarter page for the whole month, worrying about if the game would earn enough money/hit some of the extra stretch goals etc. :P
by SheepheadCG
Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why Shenmue III matters - Kotaku Article.

I know some people really dislike kotaku after what happened with the Place Holder Shenmue III box art (mainly because that writer was a dickbag) but here is a really great article from Steve Bowling.

"Shenmue III is a game many thought would never see the light of day; a costly casualty of Sega’s exit from the console business. At E3 2015, Yu Suzuki blew our minds by announcing the game we’d been waiting for. Kickstarter records were shattered, and the rest is history. That’s all good, but why should you care?

This post contains spoilers for Shenmue I and II.

Whether you loved or hated the original Shenmue games, it’s hard to deny their significance. Shenmue is essentially the granddaddy of all the open-world games you’ve loved over the years; it was one of the first games to feature realistic weather cycles, which were actually patterned off those present in Yokosuka, Japan during the time period in which it takes place. It was also among the first games to have a truly open world you could explore, filled with diversions and a level of realism that up to that point had not yet been seen in games.

Shenmue’s influence can be found in games like GTA and Yakuza, to name just a couple. God of War made use of QTEs more than most of us probably would have liked, too. It’s doubtful that Shenmue III will innovate in the same way the original did, but for all the mechanics and systems those games introduced, the main reason that Shenmue matters, especially to its fans, is the story.

If you played Shenmue I and II, you’re probably both excited and frustrated. At the beginning of the original Shenmue, Lan Di shows up at the Hazuki dojo and murders Iwao, Ryo’s father. Over the course of the game, Ryo investigates the circumstances surrounding his father’s death in his hometown of Yokosuka, only to find Iwao’s murderer has fled to Hong Kong. The game ends with Ryo on a boat to continue his chase.

In Shenmue II, however, things take a hard left turn. Ryo doesn’t get to confront Lan Di, but instead watches him flee in a helicopter after fighting his way through Hong Kong’s underworld of seedy gangsters and underground fighting rings. It looks like the game is set to end there, but instead Ryo gets a lead on Lan Di’s location and follows it to a remote village in China. There, he meets a girl named Shenhua who guides him to her home and you play through a series of mundane tasks with her. Shenhua’s father disappears, and that’s where Shenmue II’s true ending begins.

Ryo and Shenhua travel to the mine her father works at, and discover it has been abandoned. After doing some exploring they find, of all things, a sword hanging out in there. Things escalate, and Ryo is read a prophecy about traveling across the seas to find this sword, which is now hovering in mid-air. Up to this point, everything in Shenmue has been at least somewhat grounded in reality; no super powers, no fanciful weapons. Directly after this, the screen fades to black and the words “The story continues....” appear.

That was 15 years ago.

In the final minutes of Shenmue II, Yu Suzuki and company changed all the established rules of the game’s universe and left us on a cliffhanger. It’s the ultimate kind of torture, and for the fans like yours truly, the opportunity to find out what happens next is almost better now than it was 15 years ago. The resurrection of Shenmue is almost a damn miracle. A long-dead franchise from a nearly irrelevant company coming back with its original creator at the helm is the kind of stuff that just doesn’t happen, or at least it didn’t happen until last year.

When Yu Suzuki took the stage at E3, I screamed, hollered and cheered. I’m not ashamed to admit it: I cried. Like many fans, I had been waiting on the continuation of Ryo’s journey for 15 long years. I had given up any hope of finding out what would happen years ago. To find out it was actually happening was enough to push me over the edge. E3 could have ended on that note and I would have been happy.

As soon as Sony’s E3 press conference ended, fellow TAYer Jose ‘Nach’ Acosta and I rushed out and I threw as much money as I could reasonably afford at Shenmue III’s Kickstarter. I gave them 300 dollars, and was hoping to shake more out of my empty coffers. Many of my Shenmue-loving friends did the same that day. Some of my friends that didn’t even care much for the franchise sent a few dollars out knowing how much it meant to me that the game be funded. We all know how that played out: Kickstarter records were broken, the game was funded and all was right in the world.

Perhaps that’s the reason Shenmue III matters. It sent a loud, clear message to developers and publishers: never lose faith in your games. People do love them, and even if you’ve given up on them, the fans haven’t. And to the players, never give up hope. After years upon years of waiting, hoping, pleading and begging, mail-in campaigns, tweetathons and offers to crowdfund, the message got across.

It took 15 long years, but without fan outcry, it might have never come to pass. Shenmue III owes its existence to the fans that never stopped supporting it. When I wrote my first public request for Shenmue III a little over five years ago, I never thought I’d be writing an article proclaiming our success, but here we are.

Publishers, take heed. If you support your games, your fans will support you."

http://tay.kinja.com/why-shenmue-iii-matters-1775817750
by SheepheadCG
Sun May 22, 2016 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

This just popped up on my twitter feed. Could be nothing, but I thought that I'd post it;)

https://twitter.com/giocorsi/status/734722558826668032

by SheepheadCG
Mon May 23, 2016 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Couldn't agree more.
Think about it, this is going to be the first E3 where we can just sit back and enjoy. We don't need to get our hopes up like we all have for the last 15 years lol. If something happens, then great, if it doesn't, we already got the news we have been waiting for for all these years last June :D!

Would be cool though... :rotflmao:
by SheepheadCG
Mon May 23, 2016 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeh, I agree. The stream was pretty pants. They lived streamed 3 trailers that have been on their youtube page for 2-3 days with a video update from earlier today. They also has a "very special announcement" that was an announcement of and announcement lol.

I have been following Sega's "social presence" for a while now and it is a very strange thing indeed, it just doesn't feel official. It feels to me that Dan Sheridan from Sega Europe is the guy who begged Sega to allow him to make this kind of content and eventually they said yes. He makes some cool stuff and you can tell he is trying his hardest, but it's almost like Sega is either very restrictive towards what he is allowed to cover, or they simply don't care/don't give him any content to work with.

I really hope they take what he has started and Globalise the social stream and content, so that it is not just 1 or 2 guys from Sega Europe. Dan has started what could be a great relationship with the fans, but it needs a greater focus and push from the whole company.
by SheepheadCG
Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.crossmap.com/news/shenmue-iii-latest-updates-release-date-of-shenmue-iii-might-come-earlier-than-december-2017-two-more-shenmue-installments-teased-28708

Biggest amount of BS I have ever seen lol. To copy and paste my response from Reddit, where the post is linked.

They said that the STORY was 95% complete. It even says this in the article that they are talking about and they even linked to it...LOL!! The game has barely even been started and has been in production for just under 6 months.
Source: "I can tell you the story is 95% finished." http://www.gameblog.fr/interview_948_shenmue-3-notre-grande-interview-de-yu-suzuki-et-cedric-bisc/page2
Cedric did tweet out that he was playing a build of Shenmue 3, but it is probably just a prototype for how the game plays and how Ryo moves.

Yu Suzuki himself has said countless times now, that he is feeling the stress for the 2017 December deadline, and that he has so much stuff he wants to put in the game, but he doesn't think he has the time. Fans have already started to say that they would be happy for him to delay the game to put these features in.

The bit about Yu saying that Shenmue III won't finish the whole 11 chapters is correct, and he did say that he would need a Shenmue 4 and maybe 5 to finish it all but also said that he wants to take things 1 step at a time. He said this about 6 months ago as well. Dunno who these Crossmap are, but they are just making up their own opinions and publishing it to get some attention.

To sum up, this articles is wrong, and I cannot wait for Cedric to shut them down.
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kickstarter Update - 1 Year Anniversary

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1616380?ref=backer_project_update

Hello Everyone,

We are at the one year anniversary from the day you all stood up and made Shenmue III a reality. So to mark the occasion, Yu-san wanted to take this opportunity to look back at the project thus far.

Thank you all for wonderful first year!

https://youtu.be/-69bno5BjGk

Survey Outlook

We have been receiving a lot questions about surveys lately, so here is where we stand now.

Surveys have NOT been sent. A date for the surveys has not been decided, and is still a ways off.

Because this is such an important part of the backer process, an official announcement will made on the Kickstarter Update page and in the news section on shenmue.link. The announcement will also be posted on Twitter at @Shenmue_3, so be sure to follow us!

On the survey, you will confirm all of your reward details (platform choice, T-shirt size, etc.) and shipping information. Please look ahead to coming updates for more information!

Edit: Found a higher quality video on the Shenmue.link page but cannot embed it here -
https://shenmue.link/post_en/336/?en
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update - 1 Year Anniversary

There is one thing that sticks out to me so much when I look at the footage that we have seen so far and was just wondering if you guys noticed it as well :P

In like every video game ever (until the Witcher 3 - wow what a game that was) trees, grass and other foliage are just static. They don't move, change shape or sway and if they do, its a very subtle, unrealistic movement. Shenmue 3 has, even in its super basic prototype form, absolutely nailed this. I know its a very small detail, but that is what gets me so excited. Yu is a master of adding realism to the word very naturally with the small things, and it just points out to me that he still has it and just adds to my overall hype of the game...

LOOK AT THESE TREES! lol
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RemorsefulSolidGallowaycow-size_restricted.gif
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update - 1 Year Anniversary

Yokosuka wrote: Possible to have a HD gif?

Kinda, but it wont embed in the forum :(
https://gfycat.com/RemorsefulSolidGallowaycow
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue ~莎木~ Game Symphony Japan 17th Concert SEGA Speci

Wow! This sounds amazing! I love the sound of the Urhu and at .53 seconds when everything kicks back in. Sounds so mystical and then powerful!

So great of you to record it, I hope you had an incredible time!
by SheepheadCG
Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kickstarter Update #59 - Dev studio video

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1668801

To hyped! Haven't got the email yet, but found it as they just posted on the official Shenmue III Twitter. Going to watch now, will edit after! :D!

EDIT: OMG!!! So much cool stuff in this quick update! WTF I never though they would show off this much stuff to us! This is crazy! Going to watch it again!

Remember, it is better to view the clip at this link instead, as it is MUCH higher quality:
https://shenmue.link/post_en/360/?en

Hello Everyone,

The August development report comes straight from the Shenmue III Dev Room where we are hard at work doing the nitty-gritty of putting the game together.

So come on in and let us show you what we are doing!

https://ksr-video.imgix.net/assets/013/554/175/f88d1375b9482485a9539ac3e7223fa4_h264_high.mp4

Thank you everyone for continued support! And please keep sending your questions and comments!

See you next time!
by SheepheadCG
Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but I never thought I'd see the day that Sega would post about Shenmue lol My stomach went crazy when I spotted it:

by SheepheadCG
Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

lol just went to the site and the update is there (and live), guess they are sending the emails out soon then :P

Really cool video IMO. I love this kind of stuff so much and a day doesn't go by when I don't listen to something Shenmue on my Ipod. Technically, I guess it was a small update, so there is still hope for PSX :P
by SheepheadCG
Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Shenmue 3 Until E3 2017!!!

Something PS related just popped up on twitter. Looks like Yu dropped by Gio's office.

https://twitter.com/giocorsi/status/807355325804224512
by SheepheadCG
Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic