Search found 341 matches

Return

Re: Nintendo Switch

I am EXTREMELY happy with it (apart from the desynch in the joycons, that I guess is already fixed), the battery could last a little bit longer, but ~3 hours it's pretty neat. I have bought more games for it than any other recent console, because I travel a lot and it's cool to have it around or play in bed.

I got Splatoon2, ARMS, Zelda, Mario, Skyrim, DOOM, chess (not worth it), Thumper (it's good, but I really didn't get it), world of goo, some neogeo games, MK8, snake pass (this should be a hard pass), Sonic Mania, Bulboy, Shantae, golf story, Binding of isaac and blaster master. Getting xenoblade soon.

It has become my main console, I even play while working on the pc, it's just very neat.
by shredingskin
Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue 3 Effect: What could go wrong or right

If Shenmue III comes actually good (not looking like a half baked indie game, that is, not even trying to compare to AAA games), it has a good chance of succeeding.

There is a great market in ps4 and pc that even niche games can be very profitable, and in the "Shenmue niche" there's nothing right now or in store (maybe yakuza, and the last one was deadly premonition).

We just have to wait.
by shredingskin
Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

phpBB [video]

It's pretty incredible that the first mirror's edge looks that much better, without reflections, weaker lighting and lower res textures.

Really a testament to the art design.
by shredingskin
Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania

Stop crying.

I bet you need a mountain of handkerchiefs right now.
by shredingskin
Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #76: Say Hello to the Deep Silver Promotion Team

I don't think that less updates will be a bad thing.

People don't seem prepared to understand what constitutes game development, and seem adamant in criticising something that is clearly work in progress and just a peak into development.

I do hope we can see some real gameplay early 2018 though.
by shredingskin
Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #77: New Character & Lakshya Digital

I think most people will flip the fuck out when we see the actual game in movement.

Fuck, this picture still gives me chills

by shredingskin
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

In all honesty I find Shenmue_Legend hilarious.
by shredingskin
Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why isn't Sega funding Shenmue III?

Fuck it's something else.

I had a bottle of Hibiki 17 (I think I finished it while playing Yakuza 0), and I bought a yamazaki and a regular hibiki a couple of months ago, now I only have half a bottle of hibiki :sad:

We should keep track of the bottles in YS desk, and maybe call bill gates in case he needs something else. Just a thought.
by shredingskin
Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLwljxGF1yU

Didn't know they were working on a new tex murphy game.

The latest one (tesla effect, backed on KS) was suuuuch a throwback, and quite an amazing game, sadly all these new reviewers and press that don't know shit threw it under the bus.

EDIT: hm is a remake of overseer. It was a great game though.
by shredingskin
Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

:-k :-k :-k
When in doubt, blame the jews.
by shredingskin
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Some japanese wisdom
by shredingskin
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

That's just how some water towns in china are
https://www.mandalingua.com/wp-content/uploads/watertown-in-china-16.jpg
The clipping of the buildings is more concerning, because it's easy to spot and easy to fix, I think there's some heat post processing that is making the thing look even worse than it is.
by shredingskin
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Comparison Ryo with and without facial animations/new mo

https://i.imgur.com/ULBhgx3.jpg

"why I'm beating this old man when the only certain thing in life is suffering ?".
"Is anything even worth it ? I should have banged joy only to feel what is like to feel alive".
"Does Nozomi think about me like I think about her everytime before I go to sleep, the pain is too much to bear".
by shredingskin
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

I'm hating the muscles guy more by the second, but that setting looks pretty cool.

Another warehouse N8 ??

Ryo looks a little bit chubbier also (or the head seems a little bit small).

But great stuff, the little girl reminds me so much of megumi it's heart warming. And the broom girl looks like it blends a lot better into the world/artstyle than in the presentation pic. Everything seems to be meshing together quite well, I just keep hating muscle guy though.
by shredingskin
Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's probably a deck that isn't being reflected, let's not be stupidly negative.
by shredingskin
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

adom11800 wrote: ^ In my opinion the extended teaser had some real good bits. The fighting scenes with the old man was done so damn well and everything about had the Shenmue vibe.

Yes, there seems to be a noticeable jump of quality in those animations vs most of the other stuff. Looks really great.
by shredingskin
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Comparison Ryo with and without facial animations/new mo

Finding investors, developing a game, paying an office and workers, external consultors/modelers, seem to me like a very stupid way to scam people.

But whatever.
by shredingskin
Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Festival 2018 - FES

I think it's just WIP to show something, there are discrepancies in resolution in the screens, that UI looks rough.

Fuck YEAH

ALL 3 Major consoles, Updated controls, japanese and english audio.

This is just as much as I can really ask for.
by shredingskin
Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD - Are the cutscenes in 4:3 (Non-Widescreen)?!

And now we can't blame Awesome Japan for the bad communication, that was the best part !!!
by shredingskin
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo Switch

Just started chapter 4 of xenoblade 2 and I have to say it's worth it.

Anime overload, but the good kind.
by shredingskin
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

Why are people so sure about an E3 no show ?
I thought this the other way, like "we tell this now, so the next batch of stuff doesn't taste sour with the delay announcement" or something like that.

But yeah, the lack of season of 2019 is a little worrying, thinking that it might be later half of the year (so they can get to E3 2019).

I don't really care, and I just hope the development is going smoothly and not because they're having it rough (having financiation to keep going almost another year is good nonetheless).
by shredingskin
Wed May 16, 2018 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue III pics from THQ Nordic financial presentat

To be honest, with how ruthless gamers (even fans) can be, it's for the better, we are not used to seeing real in-development footage, and trying to make a slice polished to show off a little might sidetrack a small team for not much in return.

Though I don't know how could a few seconds of ryo running around be worse than those robotlooking closeups in the actual teaser lol
by shredingskin
Thu May 17, 2018 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic