Search found 198 matches

Return

Re: Anyone disappointed with Shenmue 3 cartoon-like graphics

The only real critiques I have are that I prefer the hair and Ryo's face from this screenshot.

https://b1.gmbox.ru/c/146360.815xp.jpg

Even though I am more than content with Ryo's face in the short Deep Silver clip, I personally enjoy the other more. It's definitely not a big deal though. Shenhua is imo, perfect (in the Deep Silver clip briefing clip). No changes desired.
by ShenmueTree
Wed May 30, 2018 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

So does this mean Chai will be in Shenmue 3?! They wouldn't create his model just to be in a short video and nothing more right? RIGHT?!

It's long been confirmed that Chai was in the game. Since shortly after the kick starter wrapped up. I believe you can also see his silhouette on one of the temples in the gamescom 2017 screenshots.

The only thing I dislike about the video is the apparent lack of good facial animations, but I am not even sure if it is because of they haven't been greatly implemented or that the motion capture actor was just really stone faced during production. It kinda reminds me of a Japanese live talk show host who is stocked full of botox. It makes the performance a bit creepy. Bad actor or bad direction, I dunno. I just hope the character is a bit more lively in the final game.

Also, why is this snotty nosed little kid becoming the mascot of the game? They should have done the video with Shenhua, with the latest seen model because well, it's perfect and makes more sense as Shenhua has traditionally been the mascot on Shenmue promo and marketing materials.

Or this kid could maybe be integral to the plot, or something. But still boo!, more Shenhua or we riot!

Also Chai's creepy crawling animation looks good. Like the actor was really into it.
by ShenmueTree
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic