Search found 41 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Are you using 104 r136? How's the emulation? Any major glitches? (hair etc.)

the 104 version is really good, but i'm using the old glitchy version for those screenshots

I love seeing Takumi post. An old time vet, who doesn't get enough credit.

Wude, first of all i dont mean to sound like an ass, because i have no idea of the technical aspect of it all. But that shot you posted may be a bad angle from my point of view. I mean for HD, its a bad shot. What i am looking at specifically is the doorway on the left, and the fact that you cannot make out the poster on the window of the door. If it was in true HD then you could. Also, look down the bottom of the street yea? You cannot really read the black katana on the lamp post sign. Again that, to me, should be pretty sharp. I mean the SEGA sign at the top has came out awful.

Sorry again i dont mean to bash work i dont know who to create, but i just think theres a lot going on in that pic that it hasnt came off too well as HD. Or maybe its the snowflakes throwing the focus off, i dunno. But typing that has just made me hope and pray that this is the reason Shenmue HD is taking so long to come along!!

i see what you mean, and i love to get feedback, i can't change low res textures but the sharpness problem is caused by using a special filter, here is the original pic ;-)

http://i.imgur.com/JRaep.jpg
by wude
Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, i need to let it go :lol:

this is the render used in ziming's music video

by wude
Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nice work wdrpgwd :)

the library
by wude
Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spring at night

http://i.imgur.com/cdRGe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tqKUM.jpg

Lovely! China is still my most wanted place to visit. I'm currently saving up money for a trip to Hong Kong and other locations in China, including Guilin, Jiangxi, and Kowloon Walled City Park. I'll have to use my imagination when standing around in Kowloon, of course, but it will be interesting to be there and see the yamen and other things preserved there.
by Thief
Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 10000 dinner reward back up for grabs!

I feel guilty now, Peter...

I feel like I need to explain who I am now.. I'm not a casual Shenmue fan. My brother and I are 35. We are identical twins and we help lead a school just outside Guilin in Yangshou where we teach poor kids English in helping them get scholarships to achieve better education.

This was inspired by Shenmue. My Avatar is of me laying on a raft on the Lijiang river just outside Guilin.

I've been there from the beginning like most of you. This will be a great experience in my life that I will treasure until I die.

EDIT:

You can find us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/VolunteerEnglishTeacher?fref=ts

A lot of the pictures are of my brother and I.

Here is me with the kids.
http://i.imgur.com/b8Bc9z0.jpg

Guess that's just what I'd expect of Shenmue. Shenmue is so inspiring. =D> Yangshuo and its surrounding areas are so great, I envy you guys for living there. Backpacker's mecca. :D
by Hyo Razuki
Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is also an investment.

My brother and I are 2nd in command at this school and we are getting larger every year. The owner is getting older and we plan to take over the school full time. We would love to design it around Shenmue and have members of the Dojo come teach English and live our their dreams of living in Guilin.

We have many connections here and a degree is not required for our school. Some basic Chinese is required though. You don't need a teaching Visa either. A basic passport is all you need but you have to leave within 90 days.

We are still in the planning stage for how we are going to do this.

I will def give up my big time marketing analyst job to hop on that opportunity, keep us up to date.
by Locke_cole
Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I feel like I need to explain who I am now.. I'm not a casual Shenmue fan. My brother and I are 35. We are identical twins and we help lead a school just outside Guilin in Yangshou where we teach poor kids English in helping them get scholarships to achieve better education.

This was inspired by Shenmue. My Avatar is of me laying on a raft on the Lijiang river just outside Guilin.

I've been there from the beginning like most of you. This will be a great experience in my life that I will treasure until I die.

EDIT:

You can find us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/VolunteerEnglishTeacher?fref=ts

That sounds totally awesome!

I'm glad someone like you got the opportunity to buy it.
by b_ren
Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wdrpgwd wrote: GUESS WHAT!!!

Well played sir, also, if you need a guest be aware that I do put out!
by Locke_cole
Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also, wdrpgwd is clearly a fantstic human being. He deserves his face as Ryo regardless of his donation. And if that's him in that picture, I would honestly be totally totally cool with it.
by mue 26
Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My brother and I are 2nd in command at this school and we are getting larger every year. The owner is getting older and we plan to take over the school full time. We would love to design it around Shenmue and have members of the Dojo come teach English and live our their dreams of living in Guilin.

We have many connections here and a degree is not required for our school. Some basic Chinese is required though. You don't need a teaching Visa either. A basic passport is all you need but you have to leave within 90 days.

I cant help hide my disappointment, but i am glad Yu will be meeing proper Shenmue fans. I guess it just wasnt meant to be for me. Well done all of you! Of course, PM me if anyone feels like they cant make it or whatever. But enjoy when you all go.

I still habe hope YS.net will get back to my request to open up some more dinner options. I dont see the problem with printing some more copies of the Shen scripts and adding an extra seat at the dinner table. The 10k is there if they really want it, but i am not giving all that money just as a donation.

Peter, I feel I owe you. I will make it up to you. I promise. I never go back on my word. I have a kinship with Irish people. ;-) I love Fanore and Galway and thought of living there someday. I've been there twice. Maybe you can still come to Japan with us somehow.

Mate, God no dont feel any negative thoughts! Im cool now! Just the rawness of the immediate aftermath of the realisation i didnt have the money in place sooner. That is 100% my own fault, and theres no reason to feel bad.

Im over the moon now that you are a 100% proper Shenmue fan, and also are getting an excellent opportunity which is so muchly deserved with all the amazing work you do. Way more amazing and humble than any work i do in my life. You are more than worthy, and you will have an awesome time! Plus you will get to meet the legendary LanDC. Matt is such an awesome guy!

Also Galway is my favourite place on this planet! Its easily the most beautiful place i have ever been to, and a true testament to how amazing Ireland is a place to be in. The luck of the Irish favoured you here mate. Im full Irish, so the luck of the Irish for me, is actually bad luck so it all checks out :lol:

You never know, maybe i could be there with you if YS.net get back to me with some positive news. Like i said, i dont see the problem with throwing an extra bowl of noodles on the table and a few seconds to shake Suzukis hand. But if not, then thats cool. Whats meant to be is meant to be and i have zero problems with that. :nice!:
by Peter
Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hey man - just want to say this is absolutely amazing.
I was in Yangshou last year - If I had known I defo would have popped by!
My wife is a languages teacher who is learning mandarin (Ihowever have been studying japanese!).

Guilin, and the whole area around the Li river, was a beutiful place and would love to go back for more reasons than just Shenmue.

I am really happy that you got the opportunity to meet Suzuki-san and the others - plus that you were able to contribute to the campaign! Well done!
by robatfreedom
Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We have been getting some backlash in China. Somebody here has published my post and it got sent to China and in the translation it was written that we were implying that local kids in Yangshuo are poor. We teach children from all over China and not all of them are impoverished. Yangshuo is not a poor city and the kids in the picture are part of a summer program from bigger cities.

We are in the middle of damage control now. Many of the locals are happy about the exposure. The school has received tremendous attention and we hope it will mean growth for everyone. I'm hoping this gets corrected soon. We are doing a couple interviews with news outlets in the coming days.

Who new one response on a message board could turn into this.

So how much money do you think would be necessary to do such a thing?

It's not expensive. Your biggest cost will be getting here.

Here is the cost comparison for Chicago vs. Guangzhou

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=United+States&country2=China&city1=Chicago%2C+IL&city2=Guangzhou

Guangzhou is more expensive than Guilin but you can see how far your money goes there. It's very affordable.

I hope it all works out for you. You seem like such an amazing person. Let us know if theres anything we can do.
by Aimless Gamer
Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anything that can be done to help is beyond appreciated!! You guys are deserved of it so I don't want to ruffle any feathers. I said to Cedric in my final tweet to him that I know the other 3 who are going from the Shenmue Dojo community. But I also know that Yu has specifically kept the numbers low because he wants to speak to each fan and have a relaxing experience with them.

Also yes, a backer can bring a friend. Matt is taking David Deville which is awesome. I wouldn't want to be someone's tag a long though. I want to be a backer.

Thanks to him. Glad I can tag along. I wanted the script too but just the dinner is fine. Great opportunity !
by DEVILLE_David
Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

EDIT:

Just wanted to say, this is amazing, and good for you for the great work that you do :) Quite jealous, I would love to visit Guilin one day...
by Miles Prower
Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

Crying.... yep. Just like i was when Shenmue 3 was announced.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Shenmue%203%20dinner_zpsnssnyjmg.png

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-07-03-17-11-23_zpsfisfrbbt.png

I'M GOING TO MEET YU SUZUKI IN MONACO!! FUCK!!
by Peter
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $20,000 pledge for the future of our Guilin school.

I've been a teacher in Japan for 7 years, and I saw your other post a couple of weeks ago. I would love to visit your school. It would be a great reason to visit Guilin too. I've always been interested in going to China, but I was always too intimidated because I don't know anybody there.
Anyway, I was gonna pm you, but I procrastinated and the half written draft has been sitting there for a while :D
I'll try to get around to it asap.
by Three Blades
Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sounds like truly fantastic work you do :D Just liked the page on Facebook :)
by Miles Prower
Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amazing work you do, I don't see why Yu Suzuki would disagree, it would be good publicity for the game too if they do a little press release about the collaboration as well.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm also a teacher in Japan and would love to visit Guilin, China one day especially to see this school now! Really great work.
by Axm
Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

someone from a gaming publication or website should make an article about this. not only would it would be great PR for the campaign, it would raise publicity for both shenmue and the school.

and i really can't see Suzuki refusing your requests in regards to the type of NPC you become or of having your school mentioned in the credits.

i wouldn't be surprised if he actually offered you and your school a much more elaborate cameo! (a little school house in Bailu village or something)

yu suzuki visiting your school is also great. heck, someone could produce a really good documentary about this and film the whole thing.
by johnvivant
Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That sounds really amazing.

I do have a concern however, and don't wish to sound disrespectful in voicing it... Since I respect everything you're doing. You are certainly a better human being than I.

Basically, I worry for your wallet. I wonder if you've perhaps put up $10k for something you've assumed, rather than something promised to you. That you see your pledge as an investment rather than a donation. I hope you get your wish of course, but I also hope you accept the possibility that you may not get that wish. Yu Suzuki may be unable to make exceptions with the rewards, or allow you to use the credits for promotional purposes. If you're fine with that then fair enough. But if you're not fine with that, then I would recommend reaching out ASAP to seek confirmation.

It certainly doesn't hurt to ask though, so more power to you of course. In fact, I hope he not only grants your request, but even moves you to a brand new reward tier "Be a villager NPC for $10k". (Hmm... that's if it makes sense for other non-chinese villagers to exist in Shenmue III). That would generate more pledges and also open up a new empty slot on the Chi You Men reward too.

(Btw, what's wrong with being a villain in Shenmue? It's just a bit of fun after all. It doesn't reflect on your character in real life :) )
by ash55
Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Absolutely outstanding! Thank you for everything you do, not just for the Kickstarter but for those wonderful children in Guilin! I have re-tweeted the Dojo's tweet of this and have posted up a front page article!
by Sonoshee
Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey man, I said it before, and I will say it again, this is amazing.
Would really, reallly love to come down and see the school. Possibly next year, duuno, will see.

Either way, I hope you get all the publicity you need. :)
by robatfreedom
Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really outstanding, and you sound like a truly generous, kind person.
I love the idea of your school having a cameo in the game but websites should really pick this story either way.
by Drakul
Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are an epic human being sir.

I have a Facebook account but I have only 1 friend (my former professor lol). I'll be sure to like you though.
by Doom_Infinite
Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is amazing! I'll be sure to write up an article on my SEGA Nerds site and Gamnesia site to get the word out there.
by Yokosuka Martian
Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here: http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/shenmue_3/news/chinese_school_for_underprivileged_kids_pledges_20_000_to_shenmue_3_kickstarter.html

I think this will definitely pay off for you guy's and I'll be checking out your FB page after this.

Thanks for the support and I wish you nothing but the best going forward. Hook them up Yu =D>
by rome
Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Inb4 toxic sites like polygon and Kotaku twist this into 'impoverished school wastes important funds on videogame rather than investing in school'

They'll do anything to get clicks, I wouldnt put it past them to twist something amazing. .. The article should specify it's their personal money, not taken out the schools coffers to try and counter this? Don't want to give those sites the opportunity. ...
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some people have accused us of doing this for fame yet no one even knows our real names

a lot of shitty people out there, they are just jealous they don't have the resolve or the self worth it takes to do the amazing things you have dedicated yourselves too.. try not to let them bother you, they are inferior in every possible way.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Let me know if I can do anything to help. Maybe I can talk to my church and see if I can put on a fundraiser (if you want me to)
by Aimless Gamer
Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just ride the storm for a bit... Media is so fickle these days that literally you're crucified one day and the next they've forgotten and moved on to the next victim.

And that's even for the people who deserve it..
by joka
Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

V.E.T School Owners In Guilin Pledge $20,000 To Kickstarter

http://i.imgur.com/UDMN8px.png

The owners of the V.E.T 'Volunteer English Teacher' school in Guilin, China, have donated a substantial amount of funds to the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter. The school teaches children and young adults the English language which will help them in their educational and career pursuits. Please read the entire post by one of the school's owners ( wdrpgwd ) which details more about the school, the work they do and the help they need - as well as the reasoning behind their decision to pledge $20,000 to the Kickstarter.

Links & Hashtags: #SaveShenmue #10milliontoShenmue3
Volunteer English Teacher Facebook Page | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | Forum Discussion | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cedric tweeted about the School in Guilin!

Looks like the story is starting to gain some momentum! I'm glad this caught his attention.

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 9781383168
by Ceej
Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

Have to admit, it is scary when you have it right in your hands...

Dinner for 2 please!

by Peter
Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tomorrow Shenmue haters around the globe will eat crow

You guys are free to do whatever you want but I don't want people (or 'haters') to ignore Shenmue out of spite because we're being snobby about our kickstarter being funded. People are going to be curious about this game after seeing all the hype this past month and we should be trying to be open and accepting of people that may not be familiar with the franchise...despite the way they've acted over the past decade.

If we're going off of the Kickstarter, the game has sold around 58,000 copies (subtracted the $5 donations). Those would be terrible sales on their own. There's a lot of potential buyers out there and we should be trying to get them in our corner!

Again, you are free to do what you see fit...this is just my perspective :)
by Ceej
Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Shenmue Dojo

Hey everyone,

I'm excited to announce that the Dojo will be moving forward starting today and into new hands. Congratulations to Peter, a dedicated member willing to put Shenmue first at all costs. This has been in the works for quite some time and I have 110% faith and comfort in this decision. I'll remain an administrator and contribute more freely going forward, however he will be leading the overall project from here on out.

I want to be clear when I say in no way is the original vision from when I took over Shenmue Dojo changing, but instead being built upon. There's no brighter time to do so than now. When I originally took the site over, Shenmue was in a dark place but I pushed to make the site Shenmue centric again in hopes of the series regaining relevance. I believe that challenge was achieved, however now with Shenmue at the literal forefront thanks to Shenmue III, it's time for the site to move forward along with the series.

For the sake of transparency, I'd like to be clear on why I'm doing this. In no way is it a lack of passion, my heart has always been with Shenmue and still is. I've since however created my own business that has consumed every second of my time and then some, so while that goal was achieved and I'm thankful for it, I believe Shenmue Dojo deserves more time than I'm able to dedicate. It's with a heavy heart I'm doing this, but the passion Peter has shown for the project filled it with joy and excitement.

Over the past year or so I did work on a new site. The idea was to be a mobile first, responsive site and bring things up to date with a central focus on community, social integrations and the like.

https://i.imgur.com/rZxnGcX.jpg

With a site as historic as Shenmue Dojo, it's tough to pull the trigger on anything quickly or without heavy consideration. While this will likely just end up as inspiration or a base for the future project at this point, I fully support Peter and the rest of our teams ideas going forward. Having so many working iterations to brainstorm with, the future will only benefit from it and with Shenmue III nearing, it'll be perfect timing.

I ask that everyone approaches the new leadership with respect and the willingness to think outside of the box. Please trust that the entire team, not just myself or Peter, is leading with our heart and has the best interest of Shenmue at the forefront of our minds every step of the way.

Thank you for all of the support over the years, I really do love and cherish the relationships I've built here.

Take care.
Yama
by Yama
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue Dojo

Thank you so much Yama for the opportunity, support and kind words. Thank you as well to everyone for their messages.

I will be making a more detailed post over the weekend about, well, everything really, in terms of the site, structure, and future. Its no easy task, thats for sure, and i will need a lot of help and support from anyone willing to offer. But this site and all the great work done by Yama will be built upon, and bring this place in line with where it should be. This is a place for Shenmue fans first and foremost, and as we edge closer to Shenmue 3 (and hopefully HD releases!) i want this site to be ready.

We are a passionate community, and this once was a passionate site. Its my aim to get that Shenmue passion back, encourage positivity, and make The Shenmue Dojo a place where Shenmue fans can hang out and talk absolutely anything and everything about this great series. Keep an eye out for a more detailed post over the weekend in the News section, where i will cover specific aspects of the site, forums and branches of social media in a lot more detail.
by Peter
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic