Search found 41 matches

Return

Re: $20,000 pledge for the future of our Guilin school.

Inb4 toxic sites like polygon and Kotaku twist this into 'impoverished school wastes important funds on videogame rather than investing in school'

They'll do anything to get clicks, I wouldnt put it past them to twist something amazing. .. The article should specify it's their personal money, not taken out the schools coffers to try and counter this? Don't want to give those sites the opportunity. ...
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some people have accused us of doing this for fame yet no one even knows our real names

a lot of shitty people out there, they are just jealous they don't have the resolve or the self worth it takes to do the amazing things you have dedicated yourselves too.. try not to let them bother you, they are inferior in every possible way.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Let me know if I can do anything to help. Maybe I can talk to my church and see if I can put on a fundraiser (if you want me to)
by Aimless Gamer
Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just ride the storm for a bit... Media is so fickle these days that literally you're crucified one day and the next they've forgotten and moved on to the next victim.

And that's even for the people who deserve it..
by joka
Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

V.E.T School Owners In Guilin Pledge $20,000 To Kickstarter

http://i.imgur.com/UDMN8px.png

The owners of the V.E.T 'Volunteer English Teacher' school in Guilin, China, have donated a substantial amount of funds to the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter. The school teaches children and young adults the English language which will help them in their educational and career pursuits. Please read the entire post by one of the school's owners ( wdrpgwd ) which details more about the school, the work they do and the help they need - as well as the reasoning behind their decision to pledge $20,000 to the Kickstarter.

Links & Hashtags: #SaveShenmue #10milliontoShenmue3
Volunteer English Teacher Facebook Page | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | Forum Discussion | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cedric tweeted about the School in Guilin!

Looks like the story is starting to gain some momentum! I'm glad this caught his attention.

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 9781383168
by Ceej
Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

Have to admit, it is scary when you have it right in your hands...

Dinner for 2 please!

by Peter
Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tomorrow Shenmue haters around the globe will eat crow

You guys are free to do whatever you want but I don't want people (or 'haters') to ignore Shenmue out of spite because we're being snobby about our kickstarter being funded. People are going to be curious about this game after seeing all the hype this past month and we should be trying to be open and accepting of people that may not be familiar with the franchise...despite the way they've acted over the past decade.

If we're going off of the Kickstarter, the game has sold around 58,000 copies (subtracted the $5 donations). Those would be terrible sales on their own. There's a lot of potential buyers out there and we should be trying to get them in our corner!

Again, you are free to do what you see fit...this is just my perspective :)
by Ceej
Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Shenmue Dojo

Hey everyone,

I'm excited to announce that the Dojo will be moving forward starting today and into new hands. Congratulations to Peter, a dedicated member willing to put Shenmue first at all costs. This has been in the works for quite some time and I have 110% faith and comfort in this decision. I'll remain an administrator and contribute more freely going forward, however he will be leading the overall project from here on out.

I want to be clear when I say in no way is the original vision from when I took over Shenmue Dojo changing, but instead being built upon. There's no brighter time to do so than now. When I originally took the site over, Shenmue was in a dark place but I pushed to make the site Shenmue centric again in hopes of the series regaining relevance. I believe that challenge was achieved, however now with Shenmue at the literal forefront thanks to Shenmue III, it's time for the site to move forward along with the series.

For the sake of transparency, I'd like to be clear on why I'm doing this. In no way is it a lack of passion, my heart has always been with Shenmue and still is. I've since however created my own business that has consumed every second of my time and then some, so while that goal was achieved and I'm thankful for it, I believe Shenmue Dojo deserves more time than I'm able to dedicate. It's with a heavy heart I'm doing this, but the passion Peter has shown for the project filled it with joy and excitement.

Over the past year or so I did work on a new site. The idea was to be a mobile first, responsive site and bring things up to date with a central focus on community, social integrations and the like.

https://i.imgur.com/rZxnGcX.jpg

With a site as historic as Shenmue Dojo, it's tough to pull the trigger on anything quickly or without heavy consideration. While this will likely just end up as inspiration or a base for the future project at this point, I fully support Peter and the rest of our teams ideas going forward. Having so many working iterations to brainstorm with, the future will only benefit from it and with Shenmue III nearing, it'll be perfect timing.

I ask that everyone approaches the new leadership with respect and the willingness to think outside of the box. Please trust that the entire team, not just myself or Peter, is leading with our heart and has the best interest of Shenmue at the forefront of our minds every step of the way.

Thank you for all of the support over the years, I really do love and cherish the relationships I've built here.

Take care.
Yama
by Yama
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue Dojo

Thank you so much Yama for the opportunity, support and kind words. Thank you as well to everyone for their messages.

I will be making a more detailed post over the weekend about, well, everything really, in terms of the site, structure, and future. Its no easy task, thats for sure, and i will need a lot of help and support from anyone willing to offer. But this site and all the great work done by Yama will be built upon, and bring this place in line with where it should be. This is a place for Shenmue fans first and foremost, and as we edge closer to Shenmue 3 (and hopefully HD releases!) i want this site to be ready.

We are a passionate community, and this once was a passionate site. Its my aim to get that Shenmue passion back, encourage positivity, and make The Shenmue Dojo a place where Shenmue fans can hang out and talk absolutely anything and everything about this great series. Keep an eye out for a more detailed post over the weekend in the News section, where i will cover specific aspects of the site, forums and branches of social media in a lot more detail.
by Peter
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic