Search found 410 matches

Return

Re: Random Thoughts

Well no, because he didn't just say "you cunt". Its like if you knew the girl was raped and had an abortion from her father and decided to say all that in front of everyone. Its not necessarily just a knee jerk thing. it takes knoledge and a certain amount of intent to say.

This is the same thing, he didn't just say "Oh its a buncha coons" (which is still kind of a lot) he went into slavery and stuff.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't think that was enough to condemn him as a racist . He was just a shitty standup and didn't know how to handle the hecklers and went crazy cuz he was scared.

Not saying I defend the video, but we should forgive Michael Richards at this point because now that the whole scandal has died down its less infuriating and more pathetic to watch.

Sorry, but his racial turrets didn't just come out of nowhere. He's obviously had those thoughts his mind for a long time for them to come out like that. Either way, his career has suffered enough so I digress.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1043941_551442898226287_1491546992_n.png

http://i.imgur.com/JNESeJs.gif
by Sonikku
Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The people here who are defending that guy's racist rant are completely nuts. I had never seen that video before, but Brotherman is completely spot on. You don't just say things like that because your upset. He got rattled and whatever latent racism that was inside of him erupted to the surface. And yes if a guy said to a woman that she was a dumb cunt who should know her place and that 50 years ago she could get legally raped by her husband and so shouldn't interrupt a man, then that man hates women and is deserving of being called a misogynist. That is the closest equivalent to that guy's rant I can think of, so I can't understand how anyone cannot consider it racist. I wish I could defend him, I love Kramer's character in Seinfeld, but there is just no way. He only has himself to blame for ruining his own career.
by mue 26
Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't hate all fat people but when a fat person has pissed me off I'll bring that up and rub in in their face to make them feel like shit. Doesn't mean deep down I have an issue with people being large.

No, but it does mean you clearly think being fat is worthy of mockery and that you are better for not being fat. Just like Richards thought being black was worthy of mockery and he was better for being white.

The people in the audience where being cunts and deserved to be made to feel like shit but he totally went about it the wrong way.

Richards is actually lucky he was in front of that audience and no one decided to give him a beating, which he would have fully deserved.

As Kenny quoted those people are true racists. People who think other races are inferior.

Your thinking is fallacious quite frankly. Richards called a black man a nigger, mocked his race in disgusting ways and stated "that's what you get for interrupting a white man". Pretty clear cut.
by mue 26
Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I really hate that "everyone is a little bit racist" argument that people seem to love to employ when defending racists. No, not everyone is racist.
by mue 26
Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hip Hop

phpBB [video]

:D New Quasimoto!
by mue 26
Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In my opinion, anyone who calls someone else a nigger, whether face-to-face or anonymously such as online forums or XBL, are either one of two things: racist, or dumb and racist.
by Mitsuzuki
Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

Got that for a fiver at the carboot.
Had to replace the FM receiver valve but the rest worked fine.
by mrslig100
Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Strider game announced at SDCC

BC 09....uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......................

Say what you will about it, if it were open world 90% of its problems wouldn't be there. Everything about the platforming is basically perfect. There isn't any issue in that game that isn't in something like Uncharted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1PHRrxazQw
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

One of these: Image

One of these: Image

And so far bout 6 gigs of ddr3.
by mrslig100
Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BROTHAMITE BROTHAMITE! Ask the wise Brotha fools!

^Exactly Brothaman, and soon I will do that with my daughter who will be here at the end of July ;-) :D
by *Kenshin Himura*
Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Automotive Discussion

Finally fitted, so some pics of the daily:

'97 S14

http://i.imgur.com/3ystrv1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ugyYEq9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AhbGwPz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JQgpxDY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wKUV4yv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lkzRnZt.jpg
by Yama
Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I feel like both are true in different ways.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER!

Joe Pesci wrote: And we are re-animated.

JOE! :D
by Birty
Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's been 12 years since I first completed Shenmue (and Shenmue 2) in the summer of 2003. Been a few years longer for many of you here. I don't play video games anymore, nor did I have much hope for the game - least of all getting announced at e3 today - but this rush of euphoric nostalgia was exactly what I needed today. Very excited for all of us to get some closure on this story.
by Lan Di-sama
Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've had time to process this for the past hour and whatever amounts of shit and semen that were in my body are now in my pants. I may die of entire body failure before this thing reaches its goal.
by ChaiOgawa
Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Im crying my ass off in the middle of the road
by Axm
Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've had time to process this for the past hour and whatever amounts of shit and semen that were in my body are now in my pants. I may die of entire body failure before this thing reaches its goal.
And now my life shall be completed. [-o<

BTW: It's good to see so many of the veteran members here. CELEBRATE BITCHES!!! =D> \:D/

So great to see you guys.
by Birty
Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love seeing the old users coming back, it's a long journey but we are now united in our common purpose of seeing Shenmue 3 realized. I look forward to tracking Shenmue 3 development with this great community.
by Wolfgame
Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

http://i.imgur.com/BJRCaRH.jpg

A Shenmue 3 Kickstarter has just been announced at Sony's E3 press conference! Let's make Yu Suzuki's dream a reality! Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Info site: http://shenmue.link/

Kickstarter Links: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | E3 Kickstarter Reveal | Kickstarter Promo
Shenmue Fan Communities: Shenmue 500k | NeoGAF | Yu Suzuki's Twitter
by Ziming
Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Technique Scrolls

So pumped but now let's start getting into it.

I found it odd that the first big concept of the game that Yu talked about were the scrolls....getting them through minigames and whatnot, but more surprising was the "Instant Mastery" feature. Yu said " The new scrolls will allow you to use the new skills right away in battle without practice" I feel like this is more for the casual fan who may not want to spend hours in a parking lot practicing.

Also going through the kickstarter page he reveals certain backer prizes- Advanced Technique Scroll and Arcane Technique Scroll. Thoughts?

P.S. Actual fucking Shenmue discussion and speculation?!?!?!? This is awesome.
by Locke_cole
Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue I&II Cinema Shorts Confirmed!

The kickstarter has hit the stretch goal of $2.5 million.
by Riku Rose
Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Shenmue 3 conclude the story?

Hopefully not, but probably. I wanna see another urban-based Shenmue before the end. The sense of normality and mundane day-to-day life is what made me fall in love with Shenmue in the first place, not pretty flowers n floating swords.
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

Well, fuck , guys. I still can't believe this is actually happening. It was around 3am here when I saw the news and watched the trailer, so I was already in bed watching it on my phone, and I was utterly speechless, before cheering and proceeding to be extremely hyper, leaving my boyfriend extremely confused (though he understood once I explained - he's heard me witter on about Shenmue enough times!). I can't believe after all this time it is finally a reality. I was 14 years old when Shenmue II came out...now that I'm a 28 year old with actual responsibilities and stuff, I could only really afford a $29 pledge, but I knew I had to pay at least something. Like many others, I'm not entirely sure about the way Ryo and Shenhua look, but I'm sure this is only something they quickly knocked together for the trailer and they will look more like their old selves in the final game.

But yeah...I kept daydreaming about the day when this would happen (even faintly when I was beginning to lose hope), and now it's actually here...Yu, you magnificent bastard. You can tell how much he cares about us as fans, and in this day and age that is truly refreshing. I've been very cynical about gaming in general lately,, this current generation failing to excite me really, but obviously I must get a PS4 now (I don't think I'll ever have a PC capable of running it in this lifetime!). I'm already getting excited about posting here again and being a part of all the pre-release buzz, where we will no doubt analyse every screenshot and trailer we receive to death and back. And now I can finally play through the first two games without getting depressed :P

It's been a hell of a wait guys, but hopefully it will be worth it. We only went and fucking did it!!! :mrgreen:
by Miles Prower
Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's happened in your life in the past 14 years?

So the lack of Shenmue made everyone gay.
by Riku Rose
Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Has anyone seen Wude? People are worried.

Hate to bring it up, but this this announcement really pains me when thinking of Wude... He deserves to hear and see this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Yama
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

*bows infront of a legend.
by Peter
Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I guess this place changed last few years. It's the reverse of what it used to be. Dead in Shenmue forums active elsewhere back then but no longer the case. It totally makes sense the Shenmue ones are white hot and they should be. Granted only been active again for a month and in a way I feel like a new member but not seen an real drama in that time and hopefully finally that is one tradition that stopped.

If I'm wrong then it's because I am just unaware of stuff while I was gone but not looking to find out either. I'm still regretful about him when I post but nothing I can do now but just be who I am now. I like posting on SD again. No addiction to it anymore. Sorry just a ramble but is random thoughts. Nice to see SD still around and a new game to talk about.
by Bluecast
Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic