Search found 19 matches

Return

Re: Team Yu needs you!

Hey team Yu,wanted to drop in and say hey,support you all the way!
My first post ever here,just picked up Shenmue again after quite a layoff.
Already a supporter on Twitter,let's stay positive for Shenmue 3,and in the meantime I'm just lovin' the series as it is so far :)
by Elevensixty
Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

IT may not seem we have any real "power",but-
Keeping the fan base active and vocal keeps interest up and keeps the series fresh,even as it is-look at the recently discovered cut scenes,and unused music,as well as the hilarious mod videos and fan videos,whenever I have a few minutes and watch stuff on YouTube etc it cracks me up,
And with support like that,re releases and sequels are more likely to happen :)
by Elevensixty
Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What about Shenmue 3 t shirts and bumper stickers..
by Elevensixty
Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah gettin my tweet on
by Elevensixty
Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: December 2017 is fastly approaching!

The above 2 posts sum up my thoughts exactly: A rushed, buggy release of Shenmue 3 would be bad. A wait is, at this point in a Shenmue fan's perspective, no issue, however either delayed or on time, the team deserves our trust and patience.
Shenmue HD releases, perhaps even just Shenmue 1 for starters, would be sooooo good for everyone involved!
Let's push harder for Shenmue HD!
by Elevensixty
Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

We sooo need a release though, and soon. Even just a high res version- though a few extras would be awesome (camera feature to unlock bonus material/artwork/story background ala S2x?)
by Elevensixty
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S3 Progress Report Vol 4 Facial Animations

Hate to be critical but, hmm..prefer they said something like "a peek at what we're working on".
The blip of content was fine, but not technically impressive enough to be much of a "progresd report".
The presentation is very weak. 9/10 of fans could have done it more justice.
Showing us Suzuki drinking coffee and talking or sketches or something to build hype, with a couple facial animations would do S3 more justice.
Reason I complain is, non-hardcore fans are going to be terribly critical of this sort of update. The first thing I thought was (guilty confession here) *snide comment*: "guess we couldn't afford animators so we got dental assistants"- and an hour later people had actually said it.

Rant over, it looks ok.. and WE'RE GETTING CLOSER TO SHENMUE 3!
by Elevensixty
Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Tom Johnson Black?

Tom is American, originally from Jamaica. Is that right?

Basically, "American" and "Jamaican" are nationalities, not races. "Black" is a pretty relative term, depending on who you ask. Skin color may or may not be the only factor in someone being considered "black" or not.

A friend from Jamaica with very dark skin and "African features" told me once they weren't "black", which didn't make sense to me but I didn't care either so whatever. But I wasn't making a vid...

I think most of us find the variety of skin color, hair and features of people beautiful and interesting, and not a basis for social issues, (honestly I don't even like the word race anymore because, we aren't different, just minor difference in looks, and not even that much) but the world is a strange place and sadly issues exist. Portraying races in media can get volatile fast.

I haven't seen the vid yet, but I'd say, for fun, Tom or any character could be portrayed by an actor of any appearance and background, though for absolute accuracy, either (1) a Jamaican person with dreads, a cool Jamaican accent and skin tone close to Tom's, or (2) for ABSOLUTE best accuracy, a Canadian voice actor with a bad dreadlocks wig and ridiculous Jamaican accent.

Tom isn't very dark but I think his character is really cool because of portraying a "foreigner" in 80s Japan being a friend of the protagonist- it adds depth. And someone who went from Jamaica-America-Japan, entrepreneur, a real on his own, self made man with a great attitude.. Well we all love Tom don't we, I think if he's portrayed with love, anyone who's triggered is going to be triggered by anything. Tom would want you to make the vids lol
by Elevensixty
Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #77: New Character & Lakshya Digital

This is great news, but not really news- this is how games are made. Do you want Yu Suzuki sitting at a desk detailing characters for the next 10 years? No, you get a team of experienced pros to do the work, While the boss directs. This doesn't mean quality will suffer- its just hiring muscle, because they're at the point where work is ready to get done.
I think the scary part is the term "design"- it could sound like control of our beloved Shenmue is being handed to non-fans who are going to butcher it. ("Oh no, they're in India!" Look up your favorite games, movies- except for the smallest of projects, you'll see outsourcing. Also note they're in Seattle and I forget where else... also see their history- Nier, Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain, GTAV... no one complaining those games were ruined by outsourcing)
Giving control of Shenmue characters to strangers isn't what's happening. Do you think Yu Suzuki personally built every shoelace, detail, hair, even face of characters in Shenmue 1 & 2? No, but he built the world and characters right? The same process is happening here.
The compromises compared to 1 & 2 are in the resources like budget and in-house team- this is true. But working for us is technology being advanced, and the way I see it, community! The fan support and input IS making Shenmue 3 a living thing, a "more-than-just-a-game" experience. *fanboying intensifies*

Suzuki and team are making Shenmue 3, a good team has been hired, a good character model has been shown. Criticism I've seen about the project looks like people misunderstanding game development (along with some previous updates being kinda sloppy/not making it clear what phase of dev was going on/easy to misinterpret)

Can't wait to play 3 and support 4
by Elevensixty
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The internet when Shenmue 3 arrives

Oh no no no, when I get Shenmue 3 I'm disappearing into deep deep Shenmue dungeon mode, I'm talking total 4chan bedroom neet, neckbeard battlestation, order food in, pee in a bottle and don't shower- just play play play non-stop Shenmue until I hallucinate!

THEN, I'll be ready for full blown Shenmue forum nerd mode.

A lifetime waiting. A lifetime.
by Elevensixty
Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

Looking much better

Basically they have it

Ryo's lines are too soft though. This shot is lesbian Ryo - don't lie, you see it.
by Elevensixty
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

5 or 6 depending on support..
by Elevensixty
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Just woke up from a SIII dream!

Sounds like a lot of us are playing Shenmue 3 already, on our D R E A M casts...
by Elevensixty
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Just so happy, high fives all around.. can't even talk about it right now, just gotta take a deep breath
by Elevensixty
Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How many copies are you gonna buy?

100 copies or get out
by Elevensixty
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concerns about Shenmue HD.

I'm so glad we're getting a re-release (with slight updates) rather than a remake. Shenmue is beautiful and its quirks are important to the game.
I've never used time skip. To me the fun of Shenmue is the opposite of time skip.. its the immersive experience, I don't want to skip anything
As for graphics, its going to be better in some ways and worse in ways, I'm keeping expectations low.. and I'm pretty easy to please- I even like the terrible bloom lighting just for the nostalgia of playing it on xbox. Shenmue is awesome for its good and its quirky content (especially since you bought merchandise) and I'm looking forward new to new version having even more quirks, along with enhanced points too
by Elevensixty
Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

This is great news.
1. more time to develop
2. proves funds are holding up
3. gives SEGA time to polish 1&2
4. gives fans and new players time to experience 1&2 new releases

THANK YOU to all the supporters, the pre-order success is absolutely encouraging, and surely had a part in the extension of production. This will help Shenmue long-term as 1&2, then 3, will fall into place better, setting the pacing, the demand, and financial support for 4.
by Elevensixty
Wed May 16, 2018 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

Spaghetti wrote:
killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote: Predictable. More than money, YS needs an actual AAA sized team to achieve AAA standards.

AAA Shenmue is never happening again, bar a private investor literally giving Yu Suzuki something crazy like $100 million, with no expectation of return.

Hey 1&2 re release= AAA old school! ;D
by Elevensixty
Wed May 16, 2018 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic