Re: Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show

2nd part of my videos, the most interesting I believe:

http://youtu.be/8zbEmRLrhJE
by rdk_nl
Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Three best friends on vacation in Venice...

by Master Kyodai
Sun May 12, 2013 5:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Sensei! Please, teach me, how?

When I find time I'll send you a private message and show you how.

by Ziming
Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to set up my laptop to stream iPlayer...

Pretty sure you can get browser addon's that make sites think you're from a certain area.

A quick search shows that Media Hint is a decent one for iplayer.

https://mediahint.com/
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... edia-hint/
Wouldn't know what to use for a phone though :sad:
by Stocke
Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo confessed to Nozomi

Fantastic video! I always wanted Ryo to confess to Nozomi.

Giorgio wrote: Nice! I just posted it to the Shenmue500K FB group ("Ryo except from a schoolboy, he is also a loverboy.") and some believed it was real!

Haha I remember that!
by shengoro86
Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Foreign Language?

don't like foreigners, if you are foreign get out of this forum please
by beedle
Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki Exclusive with Strana Igr

Beat to it by Radar, but I uploaded the whole issue to MEGA in case anyone wants it:

https://mega.co.nz/#!TFskgbCC!Y9fKwz9wq ... PDOaZUJ3ng
by Rakim
Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki Exclusive with Strana Igr

Hi, all

I am the guy who interviewed Suzuki-san. :)

Our magazine covers Japanese gaming industry since 90s. We are also the only Western print syndication partner of Famitsu (i.e. we can buy, translate and publish their articles in Russian). We also have our own Japanese interpreter living in Tokyo and other guy in Osaka.

Therefore we have good reputation among Japanese companies and can organize interviews directly.

Suzuki-san's interview is the last in the series of our extensive interviews with people like Yuji Naka, Tomonobu Itagaki, Atsushi Inaba, Shinji Mikami and others. This issue of Strana Igr also has exclusive interviews with Capcom guys (Hideaki Itsuno, Shu Takumi) as we visited Capcom HQ on our trip around Japan this September.

The only guy we still cannot reach is Sakaguchi-san, as he seems to be on vacation at Guam each time we visit Japan. :)

We talked to Suzuki-san for 2 hours and we cannot disclose some of the talk, but there was actually nothing on Shenmue III other than seeing the folder in his list of projects on the notebook. The spiritual successor is another story, at least some artworks were shown.

It seems that Suzuki-san is planning to earn money for his studio by doing more mobile/social titles and and the same time keep trying to push at least one of his bigger projects to the publishers.

P.S.
We may sell this interview to other European magazines later (rewritten, without any inside jokes and possibly with a bit more details). You can send your favourite local press editors to me ([email protected]) for that. :) I can provide them with the original Japanese interview record if they'd like to do the direct translation.
by litewren
Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki Interview with Strana Igr

Great job, Radar, thanks very much for that.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sony Is Trying To Bring Shenmue To Playstation

I have a update planned for next week to which me and another person spent months preparing. I DO NOT want to see it bumped off the front page for some character vote or poll of the day. Keep that in mind.
by Ziming
Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And what do you dream :)

And I dreamed of a girl like two peas similar to Aishwarya Rai Perhaps it's fate .... And then I woke up .....
by ASlankkabs
Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Suzuki: Project Berkley - English Subtitled -

http://i.imgur.com/ELyNCBA.jpg
Project Berkley is a bonus GD-ROM that was included with Virtua Fighter 3TB, and released alongside the Dreamcast in Japan 15 years ago. (November 27, 1998)

The video has Yu Suzuki talking about his older arcade games and the concepts behind creating a game like Shenmue. It reveals early pre-rendered footage, character artwork, and full 3d busts of the main characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu86tlnFLVE

English translation by Rakim
by Ziming
Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Ever see the NPC at the harbor with strange device on mo

yep, thats it. i have never seen something like that before. i suppose it one of those things that is more common in the east. mopeds are also more popular there so makes sense.

so its a device for stabilising the storage box . interesting. does it have a name?

maybe i will try to upload an picture of it at some point, but it wont be good quality. if someone else wants to then feel free. thanks guys
That device is called "demae-ki," that means "delivery machine/device." You can buy one, if you're interested. ;-)

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-language/product/B002L5G5HY/ref=dp_change_lang?ie=UTF8&language=en_JP

The big springs are shock absorbers which prevent soup from spilling while delivering soup noodles, like soba or ramen. Certain noodles are delivered in bowls filled with soup in Japan, so they need such device.
by Kiyuu
Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: December 3rd Shenmue Day

Radar wrote: What does "SOCIAL REACH" means in Thunderclap?

The total followers/friends of all supporting accounts combined. It's how many newsfeeds will receive at least one of the messages stored for automatic release, not counting the further spread caused by retweeting those messages.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SII CHAR DATABASE-ALL 700 (AND 1) CHARACTERS! UPDATE 27/3/15

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx318/askvera/s2cd_sigbanner.png

DOWNLOAD - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qkby011a3tkgg2/Shenmue%20II%20Character%20Database.rar

Yep. After nearly a decade, it's done, people :D

HISTORY OF THE SHENMUE II CHARACTER DATABASE PROJECT
Ever since casting my eyes upon screenshots of Shenmue published in the (now defunct) UK magazine Computer and Video Games, I have been absolutely enthralled by the series. This game was definitely something different. As the famous tagline proclaimed in the trailers before its release – RPG had changed. Sure, hailing the game as being its own exciting new “genre” with a somewhat silly acronym as its name (FREE- Full Reactive Eyes Entertainment) was being a tad overzealous perhaps, but you had to admire Yu Suzuki’s ambition for this game. When I finally got to play it on the Christmas morning of 2000, it did not disappoint. The atmosphere created was just amazing to me – a realistic, living, breathing town with over 300 individual characters – all with their own specific daily routines and, in supplementary materials, all named and given detailed biographies! Throw in the fantastic music and the engaging (if not completely original) story and you really had something special. And this was only part one of the saga...

Bundled with the game was the ‘Shenmue Passport’ disc. Through the Dreamcast’s internet connection, this enabled access to all sorts of information about the game, as well as ranking leaderboards for the various mini-games and the chance to get exclusive capsule toys. One of the best features was the character profile section however; as you met and conversed with the characters during a playthrough, their profiles would gradually be added to the Passport. Now to some, giving all 300+ characters names, stats, and biographies may seem extraneous, (especially given characters that Ryo can’t even speak to have detailed information about them!) but it really shows the love and care put into the game by the developers and the amount of depth to Shenmue that few games have matched.

PASSPORT EXPIRED
The Passport service was eventually taken offline in April 2002, but thankfully the character profiles had also been published in Prima’s strategy guide book for the game, so the information was still readily available to fans.
Which brings us to the sequel game, Shenmue II – which I got the following Christmas in 2001. This sadly could end up being the last game in the series, despite it ending on a cliffhanger and at a game-changing point in the saga’s story. Nonetheless, the sequel’s world was even bigger than the first’s– Ryo travels to Hong Kong to continue his quest, with most of its areas completely dwarfing Shenmue I’s in terms of size, as well as the amount of characters – around 700. There was also a lot more mini-games and sidequests to discover, and fans generally agree it is more action-packed and that the plot moves a lot quicker than the first game (though some will argue Shenmue I’s atmosphere has more charm) And what of these 700-odd characters? Were they all named and profiled as per the original game? As it turns out, yes – but these were not readily available to the fans outside of Japan.

Firstly, unlike the first Shenmue, there was no Passport. There was no Prima guide either, as the Dreamcast version had been cancelled in America. America eventually saw an updated version of Shenmue II on the Microsoft Xbox, and a Prima guide was finally published. However, unlike the Shenmue I book, there were only profiles on the main characters; Ryo, Shenhua, Xiuying, Fangmei, Ren, Joy, Wong, Lan Di, Dou Niu and Yuan. The Xbox version, with the new snapshot feature, did include profiles on some of the other characters; unlocked when you took pictures of them, but it didn't come close to having profiles for all the characters. Would we ever know the names and backgrounds of the reams of anonymous characters?

A FAN EFFORT
Shortly after I had completed Shenmue II, I looked around on the internet for fansites/information about the series, ultimately finding the excellent Shenmue Dojo website. I joined the forums, and this was in fact one of the first message boards I signed up to on the internet. My handle on the forum was (and still is) ‘Miles Prower’, as I am also a long-time fan of the Sonic the Hedgehog series of games (and Sega games in general). I made a lot of good friends through the Dojo community and have many fond memories associated with the forums. I think between us we have probably discussed every single aspect of the games to death, but as many fans will attest, you find or notice something new with every playthrough of these wonderful games. Not to mention the very active hacking/modding scene that developed, mostly headed by longtime member LanDC, in which reams of unused content was discovered and many interesting and or humourous modifications made to the game. I still get a warm nostalgic feeling every time I watch LanDC’s Road to Amihama videos in particular.

And indeed, the question of whether detailed character profiles existed for Shenmue II’s cast was raised in discussion. In a thread from 2003, a member named Eek the Cat shared some scans of a guidebook he owned published in Japan called the Shenmue II Perfect Guidebook. The scans showed that there were indeed names and profiles for each and every character.
Eek was even kind enough to put all of the scans together on a CD for me and mail it to me, and even threw in a couple of audio CD’s he had compiled containing music from Shenmue II (sadly the second game never had any official soundtracks released).

The problem? Being that this book was from Japan, the character names were in Chinese and the information in Japanese. Through discussion in the topic, another forum member called khien agreed to help with translating the character names as she could read Chinese. And so began the effort to translate the many character profiles. I began by gradually posting them within the topic, and then eventually creating a website (which, thanks to Web Archive, you can still view here , albeit with most of the images missing).

Continuing into 2004 and beyond, progress was quite slow, mainly due to me starting university. Khien’s life ended up becoming quite busy as well, but thanks to the efforts of another forum member, Oda Ryo, the translation work still continued. The forum member Kiyuu (possibly Japan’s biggest Shenmue fan, and often referred to as the ‘Shenmue Queen’), also informed me that another book existed, the Shenmue II Complete Guide, which contained profiles for characters not included in the Perfect Guidebook; namely those for the many pedestrians who wander the streets of Hong Kong. I made the effort to acquire this book myself and make scans for the remaining profiles.

RESSURECTING THE PROJECT
As the years went on, however, my free time became less and less. I studied for three years at university and after graduating in 2008, I was working full time; in short I was growing up. It was also looking increasingly unlikely that a Shenmue III would ever emerge. Life went on. However, my enthusiasm to complete the project was somewhat fired up again when Peter from the forums (who most likely owns the biggest Shenmue collection in Ireland) got in touch with me on Facebook asking if I was still working on it, as the Dojo staff had managed to get an interview with one of the voice actors for the English dub of Shenmue II (a very interesting read by the way, which can be found here , and they had requested that video clips be assembled of the characters he voiced, which he supplied a list of – but only by name and brief descriptions. Using the information from my project I helped with finding some of them. I then found myself wanting to get the project finished once and for all, and got back in touch with Oda Ryo who happily assisted me with getting the remaining names translated.

I had also spoken to the member ‘thegreatchai’, who had also been attempting to catalogue the character information on her wiki site, and over time we assisted each other greatly. I began transferring the information to an Excel spreadsheet with the intention of creating a complete database of all the Shenmue II characters – which after assembling a numbered list I discovered there are exactly 700 – surely a deliberate intention of the creators? At any rate, after a few months work the project was finally finished. I am glad that this information is now easily accessible to Shenmue fans, and while some may consider me obsessive or downright insane for pursuing with the project, it was worth it for a game series that I love so much and one day hope will be continued in some form. We can but hope. The saga may still go on....

DOWNLOAD - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qkby011a3tkgg2/Shenmue%20II%20Character%20Database.rar

Please feedback and let me know if you spot any mistakes or errors, or any factoids about the characters that I may have missed. Most of all, enjoy :D
by Miles Prower
Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue I and II - ArtMoney Cheats

Thank You for this.
I'm going to hack some shenmue saves using this and transfer them to dreamcast..
This way I can start shenmue1 with alot of items etc.
by sm1th
Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Secrets and Easter Eggs

Joy takes the money that Ryo owes to Ren Dan? When is that supposed to happen. I usually don't pay him nowadays and I never noticed any money was gone missing and there definately wasn't a scene for that. :shock:

By the way, I advice you to add the following to your list. It's a criminally overlooked and highly entertaining scene:
Here's one I just discovered...

While you're airing out books at Man Mo Temple, go to Godhead Fortunetellers and have your fortune told. He'll tell you that Zhu's footsteps are in the "old city" (Wise Men's Qtr.) and that you should go to Wise Men's Kung Fu. But, instead of going there, waste time during the day and don't gather any new information.
The next morning, when Ryo goes to air out the books, you'll get a cutscene with Fangmei I've never seen before. She'll be sweeping and forget her dust pan, and then bump into Ryo from around the corner. Ryo catches her broom and apologizes, then he askes about Yuanda Zhu. Fangmei says she remembered seeing the name on a book called Wulinshu in the temple library. Pretty cool alternate way to get the info.
by BlueMue
Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ryo in Sega All Star Racing Transformed (Images/Gifs)

http://i.imgur.com/3rdBijr.jpg

Last year fans prevailed in a competition to get Ryo into Sega All Star Racing Transformed. We can now confirm his character is playable in the game. This time Ryo is racing with classic arcade cabinets like Outrun and Hang-on. Source: NeoGAF

Animated Gifs : OutRun Arcade Cabinet Vehicle | Hang-On Arcade Cabinet/Jet Ski
Images: OutRun Arcade Racer | Hang-On Arcade Jet Ski | Character Select |
by Ziming
Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The 2013 Shenmue Dojo Awards Ceremony

Hello and welcome to the 2013 Shenmue Dojo Awards! I will be your host for the evening.

Please, have a seat, grab a beverage, pause redtube and get ready for the shocking results!

Now without further ado I present to you:

2013 Best Newcomer:
Runners Up:
Deschain (3)
Rhino Hazuki (3)
YCC (3)
ShenmueTree (3)

3rd Place:
ShenSun (4)

2nd Place:
Adam Koralik (8)

1st Place:
Radar (9)
Raithos (9)

A TIE! Congratulations gentlemen! Make sure to stick around!

2013 Buzz Killington:
Runners Up:
Thief (4)
south carmain (3)
lavrentis (2)
Who Really Cares (2)

3rd Place:
Mittenz (5)
Ryudo (5)

A Tie!

2nd Place:
mue26 (8)

1st Place:
AnimeGamer (15)

By a landslide! Job well done sir!

2013 Most Missed Member:
Runners Up:
Mr Frozen (3)
Joe Pesci (3)
Brothaman (3)
Spokane (3)
Ryudo (3)

3rd Place:
Martin (4)
Tuffty (4)
Dorian (4)
A three way with Dorian! How fitting.

2nd Place:
Clint (5)

1st Place:
Kiba (12)

2013 Biggest Bully:
Runners Up:
TEEPO (2)
Who Really Cares? (2)
Riku Rose (2)
Segata (2)

3rd Place:
beedle (7)
That's gotta hurt!

2nd Place:
Mittenz (10)

1st Place:
QWERTY (16)
What a lead! Looks like he bullied the competition as well!

2013 Funniest Member:
Runners Up:
beedle (4)
Bambi (3)
Sailors? (2)
Crimson Ryan (2)
sonikku (2)

3rd Place:
Rakim (5)
Oh my! I'd like to thank the academy, my 6th grade teacher and Chappelle's Show reruns for making this all possible.

2nd Place:
Mittenz (9)
south carmain (9)
A tie! You're both hilarious!

1st Place:
QWERTY (13)
Let's Get Sweaty (13)
Another tie! Its getting crazy in here tonight! Good luck to the both you.

2013 Biggest Punchbag:
Runners Up:
Jeff (2)

3rd Place:
Mue26 (6)

2nd Place:
Ryudo (8)

1st Place:
AnimeGamer (10)
Another 1st Place prize to Mr.Gamer! You're going somewhere kid!

2013 Coolest Member:
Runners Up:
mue26 (3)
mittenz (3)
Henry (3)
St. Elmo's Fire (3)
Kiyuu (3)
Raithos (3)
Ziming (3)
south carmain (3)

3rd Place:
Peter (4)

2nd Place:
Kenny (7)
OL (7)

1st Place:
Rakim (12)
Oh My Gawd! I don't know what to say! I've got to give it up to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for providing me with the strength to be so cool.

2013 Handheld GOTY:
Runners Up:
Sudoku (2)
Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (2)
Animal Crossing 3DS (2)
Fire Emblem Awakening (2)

3rd Place:
Ys: Memories of Celceta (3)
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (3DS) (3)
MineSweeper (3)

2nd Place:
Persona 4: Golden (Vita) (5)

1st Place:
Zelda a link between worlds (6)

2013 Console/PC GOTY:
Runners Up:
Gone Home (2)
The Wolf Among Us (2)
GTA V (2)
Tekken Revolution (2)
Tales of Xillia (2)

3rd Place:
Assassin's Creed IV (3)
Killer is Dead (3)
Arkham Origins (3)
Metal Gear Rising (3)
dirty pantsu quest 9 (3)

2nd Place:
Ni no Kuni (6)

1st Place:
The Last of Us (9)

And now I'd like to bring you what you've all been waiting for. The awards for Best and Worst members of 2013!

2013 Worst Member:
Runners Up:
Segata (4)
Perfect Chaos (3)
mrslig (3)
beedle (3)

3rd Place:
QWERTY (6)
mue26 (6)

2nd Place:
Ryudo (9)
Wow a blast from the past! Congratulations!

1st Place:
AnimeGamer (10)
Wow three first place trophies! Looks you're gonna be the big winner for tonight! Great job sir!

2013 Member of the Year:
Runners Up:
OL (7)
Rakim (7)
Ziming (6)
wude (5)
Kenny (4)

3rd Place:
Henry (8)

2nd Place:
Let's Get Sweaty (11)

1st Place:
MiTT3NZ (12)
Wow! I'm sure this is going to cause a stir! Congratulations to our 2013 Member of the Year!

Well that's that. It sure has been a wacky night!
Thanks again to all those that voted and congratulations to all of our winners!

Some of you have suggested prizes, well you're not getting anything from me, but you may be getting a PM from one of our more generous members here so keep an eye on your inbox. Good night.

There was a category called Community Contribution but most of youse voted for people instead of the contributions themselves so I took it out of the results. But to give props to those people doing cool stuff out there here is the full list of results.

2013 Community Contribution Award:
Let's Get Sweaty (12)
Ziming (11)
Rakim (5)
sm1th (4)
Kiyuu (3)
xhizors92 (3)
shengoro86 (2)
Giorgio (2)
Mittenz (1)
mike177 (1)
Yama (1)

Also, in case you haven't realized it, the numbers in parentheses are the number of points that member received.
by Rakim
Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fuku-san helping out in the basement?

Oh yeah, it finally worked! Thanks a lot, Radar!
Fuku-san is really funny when he comes down the second time. He's totally creeped out about the place, it really scares him. Man I just LOVE Shenmue to no end... even after maybe already up to 30 playthroughs and hundreds of discoveries, there is STILL something new to discover. The game just never stops to give! [-o<

You really just have to run around the basement for 2 hours straight without stopping long or locking on to anything. Basically just run, walk or move the camera around the whole time. Standing around or looking at things won't do it. That's the point!

I'm pretty sure the two notebook entries in the Dojo are triggered the same way. I think I'm going to try this out soon and record all that rare footage of Fuku-san. Also might send the writer of the guide on GameFAQs the info about these entries. Both so future Shenmue players will always know how to get these.

Two picture for you to enjoy until then:
http://s7.directupload.net/images/140108/938soykk.jpg

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140108/3ukxkqcd.jpg
by BlueMue
Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Postmortem Discussion

what a load of shyte, fuck you mark cerny, knack is shit anyway you fucking wanker

fuck it, looks like shenmue 3 aint gonna happen
by chris1986
Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Postmortem Discussion

seriously its time to move on..

after 13 years all he can say is "dot dot dot". the usual rubbish? he clearly isn't interested in pursuing the game any more, you could tell it in his whole de-meaner and dismissal of the question. the game hasn't been this hyped in years, if he was interested in pushing it he would have said way more than that...

we need to move on, Yu is getting old, old enough where this isn't a reality or possibility anymore. He's too busy making money consulting for small Chinese mobile games companies...
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Yu Suzuki Interview (Shenmue 3, Kickstarter ?)

bcloudgame wrote: http://www.gofundme.com/7pd1t0

Fan funding made by Shenmue500k Admin.

Hate to say it, but noone is goin to donate to that.
by ShenSun
Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Release: Shenmue BETA. Wish Road and Beta Sakuragaoka Works

Hi guys,

I compiled this version of the beta, Disc 1

Thanks to Wude! We now have the following maps playable:

Wish Road
D0000

Beta Sakuragaoka
JD00

Set Scene to 01
Set Entry to 02 for wish road, 00, 01, 02 for beta sakuragaoka.

Confirmed working in Reicast, NullDC, actual Hardware

Mega Link = https://mega.co.nz/#!2dVgVJIA!962SwumA5aGyNEgg7Xu5gbODvltKGBNbmKKxFjpGd0E

Please let me know if u have issues.

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/2014-03-2223_48_38-ProgramManager_zpse451fb2e.jpg
by shengoro86
Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE II CHARACTER DATABASE - ALL 700 CHARACTERS!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwdXxKAIgAAB0qD.png:large

I've uploaded "SHENMUE II CHARACTER DATABASE - ALL 700 CHARACTERS!!" folder on Google Drive/Docs, for easy reference. That is you can check the database online.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByI9jsxQihLacWxiSXZ5dUl2Vms&usp=sharing

All credit for the database goes to Miles Prower!
by Giorgio
Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Let's Play - Shenmue HD

Hey all,

I finally got around to making Part 1 of a Let's Play of shenmue 1 in HD on NullDC.

Lemme know your thoughts!

Notes:
-Recording with software. This causes slowdown even if the PC can handle both applications.
-Using NullDC SM-A found here on the dojo
-Using keyboard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U9-Ah8dRwk&list=UUoCoDkRPXrbq5SAXXFKpDiQ
by shengoro86
Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Editing Shenmue Save games for NullDC/Dreamcast

how about this one

http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/vmudl/index.php?menu=&lg=en

i can't test it, because every time i run nulldc my pc freezes :???:
by wude
Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue special scenes and other videos

Here's my Saturn vs. Dreamcast comparison. I took a lot of care to make everything sync. Enjoy!

phpBB [video]
by BlueMue
Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Legitimate Seal?

Yo man, hate to tell you but that's a fake. A legitimate seal looks something like this:

by Thief
Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Modding Knowledge

SHENMUE MODDING/HACKING KNOWLEDGE

"Creating, collecting & preserving knowledge of hacking & modding Shenmue games."

Resources:

⋅  Dreamcast Information
⋅  Miscellaneous
⋅  Shenmue_I
⋅  Shenmue_II
⋅  Shenmue_IIx
⋅  What's_Shenmue
⋅  Links

Credits:

⋅  Giorgio
⋅  shengoro86
⋅  Switch
⋅  IlDucci
by Giorgio
Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Awesome Japan

"Excuse me, I'd like to put my project on Kickstarter..."
by Yokosuka Martian
Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Twitter Q&A Round 2 Live now!

Translation of the Japanese questions.

https://twitter.com/shenmue1999/status/619199010520367104

Will there be a reappearance from Hiroshi Fujioka (Iwao Hazuki) who joined in on the Shenmue Gai announcement. I'd like to see his younger self and what he did.

The other day Hiroshi Fujioka sent me some Fujioka coffee.
Uh.. apparently Hiroshi Fujioka is selling coffee now? Who knew? http://www.samurai-hiroshi-shop.jp

https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status/619701237831745536

Since the hardware is different for Shenmue 3 we won't be able to transfer the save. Will that mean that moves like the brawling uppercut won't make an appearance? I ask because when going from Shenmue 1 to 2 I was sad to realize that the tornado kick was overwritten. I'm really looking forward for the launch of Shenmue 3.

I'll think about adding Brawling uppercut and Tornado kick.

https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status/619701670017003520

Which version do you recomend for someone who as neither of the two systems? Will there be any differences between PC and PS4?

Both the PS4 version and the PC version will take advantage of the respective advantages of the hardware. So it doesn't matter which you buy.

https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status/619701800719904769

I love Shenmue but I'm terrible at playing games. The only reason I was able to finish the game was because the difficulty level dropped since I failed so much. Will there be a system to help me in Shenmue III too? (please!)

Definitely! There will be a variable difficulty level so that new players that don't know about Shenmue will be able to play.

https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status/619707151469023234

Will you show something at Tokyo Game Show and events like that?

As for this year's TGS it's undecided.

https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status/619707313889280004

Will Ryo and Shenhua stay in the same room at the inns in Shenmue 3?

That depends on the vacancy of Choubu Inn.

Edit: rest of them:

https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status/619714027741011968

Among the characters of Shenmue or you other games, who...
would you like to be friend with?
would you like to make your girlfriend?
do you actually hate?

My wife is too scary, I can't answer that.

https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status/619719136944361472

Will Ren, who said "This is getting interesting!" when Ryo went to Guilin, appear in Shenmue 3.

Spoiler: He will! I have an interesting appearance in mind.

https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status/619721535478042630

Is it impossible for you to work with a japanese crowdfunding site (like Makuake)? I'm not that confident with foreign websites.

At the official site there's an explanation of kickstarter so please take a look at that. There are Japanese speaking staff that can answer Kickstarter messages.

https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status/619722652240883712

I loved the soundtrack more than the story or graphics. Will there be a special CD like the jukebox from Shenmue 1.

We're planning on adding nostalgic tracks from Shenmue 1 and 2 on the soundtrack that comes with the 250 dollar pledge.
by Capsule Toys Maniac
Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[Video] Yu Suzuki SM3 Interview on Niconico Live [English]

English subtitles by Switch.
Warning : This interview contains spoilers

Update: The video now has full English subtitles, thanks again Switch

You can also download the complete English transcript in PDF format form here

phpBB [video]
by Technophilz
Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Concept Art Thread (17/7: YET MORE RYO ~HD~)

Those images have been around the net since Shenmue II came out on the Xbox. Fans were once able to access Microsoft Game Studios website and download all the promotional artwork and screenshots used for Shenmue II. These images were included with it.

http://shenmuedojo.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1&page=6
by Ziming
Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 and 2 widescreen hacks Dreamcast

Here's a Cheat Engine file that may save you a bit of time when applying this fix with Demul. You can easily toggle between the default Letterbox (4:3) mode and Widescreen (16:9) mode by clicking on the value column of the related version.
This works with: Beta Shenmue, What's Shenmue [JP], Shenmue [EU, US, JP], US Shenmue [JP], and Shenmue II [EU, JP].

http://i.imgur.com/hbBCMXl.png

Download the latest version of Cheat Engine from this link
Download Demul Cheat Engine file from this link
Check out the latest released build of Demul from this topic
by masterchan777
Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RELEASE: Shenmue 2 Explore Mod Disc 4 BETA

Hi all,

Here is the first public release of Disc 4 of my Shenmue 2 Explore Mod.

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/cave_zpsdshj8rhq.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why release a BETA?
To give you all a taste of what is to come.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Areas Playable with No Clip Mode:

-Languishan
-Shenhua's House
-Stone Pit (Cave)
How do I use it:

-Grab the save file you need from the save files provided
-Put the save in the NullDC folder
-Boot up CDI
-Launch game
-Enjoy!
Issues:
CDI is oversized. Only use on GDEMU or USB-GDROM on actual hardware
Can possibly crash on a console.
I removed Doors but they are not needed in these areas

Special Thanks:
Bluemue - For the info on the FLDD -> REGD sector
Ilducci - For the tutorial on Shenmue 2 notebook hacking
Giorgio - For giving us no clip in S1
Wude - For showing me how to do explicit mapinfo hacks in Shenmue 2
Sm1th - For making the PAL Eng Speech Discs which I used for this release

Footage:
-Stone Pit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jijzf4imZU4
-Shenhua's House
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfVbfEiJts8

How do I download it?
PM me and I will link you

Development Thread:
http://shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=49257
by shengoro86
Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you least like about Shenmue?

-the skybox in shenmue 1 was very pixelated and moved weirdly, like a 2d texture - it also had some noticeable seams.

-harsh audio compression on the voice audio.
-inconsistency in recording quality of voices.

-would have been nice if npcs wished you a happy xmas and new years on the actual days (apart from santa)

-would have been nice to be able to buy friends gifts for xmas. - some more unique dialogues about those days.
-the voice actors especially the main ones are fine, but they needed better direction. i would guess that the audio engineers in charge were not native speakers so could not discern the various incongruous deliveries.
-would have been nice to have an option in the settings to play the motor bike race to the harbour section, like there is for the 70 man battle on disc 3.

- the final few hours of shen 1 goes too quickly. it would have been nice to have more time to explore the world after your final day of work rather than the game rushing you into the final battles.
-why did they make all the character profiles on shenmue passport rely upon internet connection to sega web? i'm sure the text could have easily fit on the disc. bad decision.

- more sparing opportunities.
- there are too few opportunities to train throw moves.

-aggressive pop-in of npcs - although probably unavoidable due to technology constraints - it does hurt the game.

- can't eat the chocolates, caramel etc.
- more variety in the naoyuki telephone dialogues.
- better odds in the raffle.

-more branching paths on failed qte rather than just retries.
-thugs with umbrella's seem inappropriate.
- after beating up the school girls, their attitude doesn't change towards me although i would have thought they would either fear me or have more respect for me.

probably loads more stuff. i'll think more about it.
by johnvivant
Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Demul, NullDC]Shenmue II cutscene bars removing tool [W

The codes remove the black bars from Shenhua's prologue, but the black bars still remain for the other scenes.
by Ziming
Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Demul, NullDC]Shenmue II cutscene bars removing tool [W

I was talking about an older way to do this with cheat engine where you had to search for a specific byte while playing the game during each and every cutscene.
ok, sorry, misunderstood, my bad #-o #-o

Alright, if anyone wants to test their luck :D , here is list of codes, I separated them for better readability, it should work for whole disk 1, except one cutscene, which i'll add codes for later.
0E020001
00432C04
00432C04

0E020001
0045C4E4
0045C4E4

0E020001

0E020001
00442C64
00442C64

0E020001
0043D884
0043D884

0E020001
00445E64
00445E64

0E020001
0042D9C4
0042D9C4

0E020001
00439AC4
00439AC4

0E020001
0043E8E4
0043E8E4

0E020001
0042E4C4
0042E4C4

0E020001
00441E64
00441E64

0E020001
004343E4
004343E4

0E020001
0042D004
0042D004

0E020001
0042D884
0042D884

0E020001
004409A4
004409A4

0E020001
00459BC4
00459BC4

i've been using this today.

observations.

during the transitions from the wong qte chase to the cutscene after you jump over the fence and then to free battle, there is a very momentary flicker of the border appearing then disappearing. it really is so quick as to be hardly noticeable, but its definitely there. this only seems to happen when transitioning to or from a qte or free battle. it doesn't happen when a cutscene begins from the normal free roam mode.

i've watched all cutscenes up until getting the crate lifting job from joy and there have been no other issues so far
i've also been using this in combination with the widescreen code without any problems so far.

i'm not planning on doing a full playthrough of shenmue 2 for a few more months so i can't check everything until then. its looking good though.

edit;

ok think i just found a glitch,
when entering white dynasty quater from south carmain qr, just as you approach the map stand to your left, a huge piece of geometry glitches accross the screen from the building on the left.

this only occurs with black bars code, so its not caused by the widescreen code
by johnvivant
Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you all expect out of Bailu and Choubu?

I expect to see what Yu Suzuki has in mind and, thus, his ideas about those areas.
by Giorgio
Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic