Search found 69 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue III Kickstarter Ends At $6,333,295; 69,320 Backe

This number, this amount of money couldn't have ended up better. Higher yes, but it's such a magic number with the three threes in the middle, so meaningful for Shenmue III. I love it!

Now we all gotta take some time to breathe through. What a month it has been. Very enjoyable but stressful too.
by BlueMue
Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Advanced Free Battle!

I also would not like the fighting system to stray that far off the Virtua Fighter feel the original games had. After all, it is the spiritual successor of VF RPG we are talking about.

That said, I would like to see the dodge and evasion system improved a bit. See Virtua Fighter 4 or 5 as examples of what could be done with that.

Also, the throw system could use some work. Yakuza is a good example of what could be done there.

Furthermore, they could incorporate the environment a little bit more into the fights. Of course, Yu cannot go all Yakuza here. Ryo is no badass Kazuma Kiryu who throws people on bonfires or stabs them with knives. But something like kicking the opponent down some stairs or smashing a table/chair when they crash into it or Ryo gets kicked into the chair, etc. could be done.

With all that in mind however, I would have declared you crazy if you would have told me a week ago, we were going to make that stretch goal. So the bottom line is. I'm super happy about and can't wait to find out what "Advanced Free Battle" will be like.

Because one thing is for certain. As much as I love QTEs: Free Battle > QTE Battle.
by Hyo Razuki
Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When Sega inevitably announces the HD remasters...

Spending 5 hours just to fully master 1 move should of been illegal.

Writing "should of" instead of "should have" is what should be illegal.
by Three Blades
Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Advanced Free Battle = Breast Physics

No offense, but I hope we will never EVER see anything DOA style in Shenmue. :) Counter system is OK, VF has that too but Breast Physics stuff... I have always viewed DOA as a cheap VF knock-off which basically uses boobies to cover up its inferior fighting mechanics. I have to admit this kind of thing would work on my 14 year-old self :lol: but let's please keep this kind of DOA-feeling out of Shenmue.

Don't get me wrong, DOA is kind of fun, but why use the copy if you have the creator of the original as your director and producer?
by Hyo Razuki
Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Forbes claim $20 million is already secured privately

So who was that private party? A company? A billionaire-son Shenmue fan spending a month's worth of his pocket money?

Also, Adam Boyes has made it very clear many times already. If the KS had not reached $2M, S3 would not have been made.

We must not let any speculation deceive us.
by Hyo Razuki
Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Forbes claim $20 million is already secured privately

Bloodstained received 90% of its funds through private investment and openly admitted after the campaign ended that the Kickstarter was used to gauge interest, so I don't know why Shenmue 3 has gotten so much shit for it (especially as no one actually knows any of the facts and much of the speculation has been proven false).

But still, I would love if we got a lot of private investment. If this 20m is true, I will be happy. It would be awesome if it secured even more investment now that the KS was such a success and a record breaker.
by Reprise
Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No need for infighting, guys. We really need some more girl gamers on this forum to break up the high testosterone level on here. :lmfao:
by Hyo Razuki
Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Three Blades wrote:Friends?

Friends.
by yugo
Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't get me wrong, DOA is kind of fun, but why use the copy if you have the creator of the original as your director and producer?

Haha, I was just joking about DOA. :) I can't remember a fight against any women in Shenmue anyway. There was Yuan, but as you know it depends which version of Shenmue you were playing. That would leave Dou Niu's breast physics.

You forgot about the fights against Eileen and Izumi in Pine Arcade?

But you're right, those are at least some solid Cs Dou Niu's got! :mrgreen:

I think the advanced AI fighting stretch goal could mean that when you are fighting alongside an AI character (like the 70 man battle in S1) you might be able to give tactical commands to the AI fighter. You know, something like: "Stay on the defensive", "Try to use punches/kicks/throws", "Cover me" and so on. That would be awesome.

Also yes, throws can go a long way when fighting multiple opponents. I've always used them a lot in those situations and would love to see that part of the fighting mechanics taken to the next level.
by Hyo Razuki
Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic