Search found 21 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue Postmortem scheduled for March 19, 2014 2pm-3pm

I'll join everybody in this. I promised myself never to have hope again, but I'll make this one last exception.
by Snakiest
Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

I want to know what open world and true open world mean in his understanding. More specifically, how both compare to the first installments.

After listening to bits and pieces of his answers, I have got a feeling the new Shenmue is going to be more like Shenmue 1 in terms of scale - smaller but with more attention to detail. It still doesn't answer the question of how the budget impacts this. Could somebody ask this? I don't have a Twitter account.

In Yu we trust.
by Snakiest
Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Ah, another foreigner complaining about Japan and their ways. -) It is true, though, that managers here are often terribly incompetent - especially from a foreigner's point of view.

In Yu we trust.
by Snakiest
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The new trailer is bad ...

I didn't like it. Better no trailer than this.

In Yu we trust.
by Snakiest
Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AwesomeJapan - postmortem performance

They deserve a tap on the shoulder for putting their best effort into acting on the advice from the community, but that doesn't absolve them from being incompetent. I wish they had had that learning experience with another project, not the revival of a fan favorite classic 14 years after its untimely death. Sure, it is over, but no way they are getting my gratitude. They should be thanking the community, really, and in an ideal world, the community would have got a cut - if only to invest in the hosting of their sites and forums. -)

In Yu we trust.

I'm not saying they weren't incompetent. I'm just saying that making bullet lists and moaning about the incompetence feels pointless now that we've made 6.3 million dollars.
It is never pointless. If anything, it makes the frustrated feel better. It is not even about feeling disappointed that it could have been done better, it is the very fact that such incompetence exists and manages to get involved in such important work that rubs some people the wrong way. It is like complaining about politics, I guess. Nobody is trying to teach AJ a lesson or make the world a better place here, but you can't deny us the right to express our opinion about what upsets us even still. -)

In Yu we trust.
by Snakiest
Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So how is the bullet train system in Japan?

Google Maps made it a lot easier though. Buses and trains are no longer an issue for me. Thank you Google for fixing Japanese transportation. -)

In Yu we trust.
by Snakiest
Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

I know. It is my default Tapatalk signature that has nothing to do with the message itself. -)

In Yu we trust.
by Snakiest
Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 4Gamer: Short interview with Yu Suzuki

Let the man watch what he wants to watch, for Christ's sake. Remember how many people outside this community think Shenmue is garbage? -)

In Yu we trust.
by Snakiest
Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 4Gamer: Short interview with Yu Suzuki

It is not a fact, it is your opinion. And even if the quality of the movie isn't the highest, the man still has the freedom to watch what he wants in his free time, right? He might like it just like people come to like all those things I personally would rather shoot myself in the head than watch or do. Like hey, the new SW movie I had a misfortune to waste 2 hours on last week... But I hope that if it doesn't give him ideas for the game then at least it will entertain him more.

In Yu we trust.
by Snakiest
Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Songs with Amazin Lyrics

Most stuff from Leonard Cohen. -)

In Yu we trust.
by Snakiest
Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update 51: Poll Results & Shenmue.link revam

Whenever we run polls or do surveys in my company, I always avoid putting neutral reply options to avoid this kind of vague results.

While I voted yes and, in fact, didn't care much about it all (so I could easily go for the neutral non-answer), I really don't get whoever voted against it. I just don't understand why they would, especially if they really wanted the PayPal support to be more successful.

In Yu we trust.
by Snakiest
Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue 3 Screens - MAGIC 2016 Press Conference (Vid

Tease me with a teaser! I'm ready.

In Yu we trust.
by Snakiest
Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki Interview (May 9 Bessatsu Shonen Mag)

I guess at this point we should just give up on any attempts to figure out the order of chapters. -)

Sent from my SCV33 using Tapatalk
by Snakiest
Fri May 20, 2016 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playable demo of Shenmue III

I'm just happy to hear there is one. -)

Sent from my SCV33 using Tapatalk
by Snakiest
Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

I'd be more than happy with a few new screenshots, preferrably with an updated model of Ryo.
by Snakiest
Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What if Ryo died instead of Iwao?

Iwao would make a few phone calls and head straight to chapter 11.-)
by Snakiest
Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you still hyped?

My hype is in hibernation mode. I just check it for vital signs every end of a month. =)
by Snakiest
Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you think we will see in this month's update

Hype damages brain cells. It's official. It's true.

=)
by Snakiest
Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you think we will see in this month's update

The only thing I don't like is that when a promise is broken, you have to come out and acknowledge it and maybe explain why you did what you did.

I've lived and worked in Japan for almost a decade now, and unfortunately this kind of behavour is really a norm. If there is something negative to report (as in the absence of promised news), execs and managers just choose not to say anything. Silence goes on for weeks, people start wondering, then they break it to you - there was this or that problem, we spent 3 months thinking how to tell you.

It is ok in Japan, I guess, but it annoys the hell out of me.Is it so hard to have a timely update saying - look, we are working hard, we need a break, see you at a major gaming event in the future, thanks guys! That would take literally zero effort from Awesome Japan, but at least the fans and backers would be informed and, hopefully, appeased.

Oh well... I can't let poor management take away from the excitement I have for the game.
by Snakiest
Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

Man, I am in the mood for some new screenshots. I've been patient all this time, but now I am starting to feel a good kind of excitement. I am ready for anything - Shenmue 3 can be terrible, lambasted by critics, hated by other gamers, I will be happy just for the fact it exists. It feels like a triumph to me for some reason.

So! Bring me another update!
by Snakiest
Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

I absolutely enjoyed the new pieces.

I do not see any reasons for worry - as far as I know, the game has been in development for 2 years (Yu said he only managed to gather a team by the end of 2015). Shenmue is an indie project in budget, but not in scale, and it should take this long at least. Additionally, a careful and experienced observer should know that it is very common to show a proper trailer of a game between March and June of the release year at a major event - both for marketing purposes and for the fact that this is when a game finally looks like what a customer can expect. In other words, we haven't seen anything yet. And that's the only objective reality here, not a mismatch of one's idiosyncratic expectations and the little bits shown today or anxious projections of the future quality of the game rooted in it.
by Snakiest
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic