Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: Has anyone else quit gaming?

Interesting topic. In the GC/PS2 era I loved playing games. So many great games, I think as gamers we were really spoiled in that time period, hence my big PS2 backlog!
During that time I got really into retro gaming, bought a SNES, a Saturn and a Dreamcast. Man those were some great times. So many new experiences.
Playing Super Mario All Stars and World with a big grin on my face. Importing Chrono Trigger and Earthbound from the US and be amazed again. Playing Soul Calibur and Shenmue I and II on the DC, pure heaven.

But then the Wii/PS3 era arrived and I really felt disappointed. Yes there were some good games, but nothing wowed me big time. Motion gaming wasn't doing it for me and most of big blockblusters were bad to okayish to me (Portal 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Uncharted, GTA IV, Bioshock Infinite). I felt disconnected with the industry itself. So many gamers are enjoying these new games and I fucking hate them.

I didn't play for a year, but then one day I replayed Super Mario Bros. 3 and I finally finished it (for a first time) and that was a turning point and It felt like a geniunely liked playing a game again. After that I dug in my massive backlog and played some old JRPG's I have been neglecting for ages. Althought those games are pretty time-consuming and only a teenager can handle that, haha.

Nowadays I'm really picky about games and I only play games I really like. Sometimes I still make mistakes and buy a bad game and I try to play it to the end and see what the big fuzz is all about :-k. This happened to me three weeks ago with The Last of Us. I thought this game was extremely bad and people are talking about that it defined the Ps3. Aah that's why I probably did'nt like that generation, ha!

I have to say that Sony's E3 conference was pretty amazing and I got really thrilled about gaming again. Now I hope Team Ico, Square-Enix and Yu Suzuki can deliver some great games on the PS4. I missed them on the PS3.

There are times I just don't like to play games and then I don't play for weeks and then suddenly I see this awesome game in my backlog that deserves attention.
by zach
Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pre-order Shenmue 3 with PayPal

Snakiest wrote: Does anybody know how the funding progress is updated there? I was wondering how much people had contributed since the start of the PayPal campaign, but don't see any major changes. Is it like manually updated?

In Yu we trust.

It's updated once a day at 11:00PM EST.
by lDarkWarriorl
Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Monthly update

shredingskin wrote: Once a month doesn't mean every first day of the month.

Right, we're still early in November aren't we ?
by Technophilz
Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Snakiest wrote: Then the tshirt reward doesn't include the ost,is that right?

In Yu we trust.

Correct, they're 2 separate rewards.
by Amir
Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Shenmue 3 Screens - MAGIC 2016 Press Conference (Video)

Video recorded and translated by Shendream (Shenmue Master)

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016

I've had enough half baked teasers. I want something proper now, something people won't mock simply because it is a pre alpha or whatever version. Many will disagree, I guess, but I just want to see Ryo and Shenhua's faces done right in whatever they show us next. -)

In Yu we trust.
The problem with doing that, is because the game is being made with Kickstarter there's a responsibility to keep backers and fans updated through production.

Disappearing for a year and a half to make the game presentable in the traditional state would just cause more negative press. As long as emphasis is put on the video/shots being from the prototype I think the majority of people will understand that and judge accordingly, and those who don't were unlikely to be interested in Shenmue 3 anyway. Overall it's better for the games industry if consumers are given more of a peek behind the curtain to see how games are actually made. It'll definitely help keeping expectations in check.
by Spaghetti
Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

Nolife TV interview with Yu Suzuki

https://youtu.be/bGTG4rTTSFU

direct link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0r6k4pdakly5c97/NoLife+TV+16+3+17+interview+Yu+Suzuki+%28Shenmue+3%29.rar
source: http://noco.tv/emission/31674/nolife/interview/suzuki-yu-shenmue-iii

raw text: It was one of our topics earlier in the week, the MAGIC show was recently taking place in Monaco. Among the many guest artists, we could distinguish Yu Suzuki, the famous creator of the Shenmue franchise including the upcoming third episode, 15 years after the second one.
Over the last 15 years, the Shenmue III rumor spred out one time per year at least. Always around March or April. I responded : "Let me know when it happens". But this time, it's real.
It's an absolute iconic game but Shenmue was considered as a commercial failure since its release on Dreamcast in 1999 despite his reference status for a lot of players around the world. Shenmue is still remembered for having introduced the modern bases of open world and QTE.
At the beginning, I named this game "FREE". I wanted the player to be able to do everything he wants as far as possible. That's the reason I made Shenmue. When I saw a lot of similar games coming out, I realized that it would become an unique genre. That really made me happy. I didn't expect this at all. Furthermore, these games have often big budgets. I was rather surprised. About the QTEs, we made it for the players who don't always have a good skill so they could still immerse themselves in the story. That time, I had the feeling this system would become very common.
After a resounding announce during the last E3 and a crowdfunding campaign with tremendous success, the third episode of this legendary saga is currently under production. While the public exceptations are obviously high, the Yu's objectives remain clear:
For Shenmue III, our goal is to deepen the characters. Shenmue II has widen up the scope of possibilities. Now I want to focus on more specific points. The thematics are still love, courage and friendship but the episode 3 will focus on Shenhua the heroine and deepen every aspect of her character.
If everything goes well, we have to wait until December 2017 to discover the story of Shenhua who succeeds to Ryo Hazuki as main character. But no doubt one and a half year is worth the 15-year wait...
by Yokosuka
Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic