Search found 45 matches

Return

Re: Who is Online?

A fair few of them probably are bots but as I understand it our "Who is online"is not limited to real time activity.

If I had to guess I would say it displays all users over a time period of 1 hour or so which would make it possible for a single guest to be counted more than once. I could be wrong about that last thing though.
unless if they have a dynamic IP I don't think it would count them more than once, I know we have lots of lurkers though as every time someone signs up or an old member comes posts after being away for ages always starts with "I've been lurking" but you're probably right for it not being real time, I know when I sign out I'm noted as online for pretty long after, we probably have over 100 bots as well considering how they love this place or maybe they're just trying to unite with their master kiba :lol:

EDIT: ah I stand mistaken, as soon as I sign out I am counted as offline, I guess they fixed that

Coby had been "lurking" since 2004 :lol:
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I win I lose I win you win. I'm not Dave Chappelle

If you're sad enough to handout warnings and bannings like penny sweets, you're sad enough to make a bunch of stuff up to encourage sympathy from others.

Not to mention he is a proven liar with his fake coby accounts he made in previous months that he used to defend himself during the outing :lol:

No one is saying you are faking it, but it was right after you received our $500 that you started getting all these new systems and games. I believe you are sick, but maybe that money for rent you didnt think you were getting just came a bit late and the cash was just used for your collection.

The greatest thing is that we can actually call you out now for what you really are and you cant delete our posts or ban us for telling the truth. It's not that you "changed in a year and a half", you were always the same person that when given power you abused it and really hurt this site. Your "funny" 12 year old posts about dildo's and man boobs were always fine and dandy in general discussion but new members in the Shenmue forums that had questions were assaulted and flamed. It's no wonder people were scared to sign up or stay once they did.

You can play the sympathy card all you want, but at the end of the day everyone is forced to deal with the shit of life.. You just have to learn to man up and live a life..preferably one that also takes place outside of the living room on a couch in front of video games and a computer. Since you are so sick, you should really, honestly try to make the absolute best out of life. If you have so little time left try to experience the beauty in real people or the wilderness. Utah is a beautiful state maybe go on some tours and meet some people of the flesh.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that pissed you off

Bastard Yusuke wrote:This homeless guy begging for change. Get a real fucking job, stumpy.

:letitallout:
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

Dorian wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote:Just wow.
Bluecast comes back calmer. You come back, turned up not just to 11, but way up to about 20. Christ almighty man, that's some deep seated resentment there by the looks of it...

:lol: Oh how I missed the gay Asian boy GIFs.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mods deleting harmless topics

^ Yeah I doubt anyone believes him.

It seems that the only place members are getting recruited from is here. There are like 4 consistent posters, all members from here. Looks like the other ones are from here as well, and who knows how many of them are fake accounts.. Every member is from this site. Stop with the whole "im gonna tell Yama, and you'll get a spanking!" threats. It just makes you look childish.

Go to another forum and look for people. Before that, seriously, go outside and enjoy the weather, feed some birds in a park, or play shuffle board with the elderly.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anti-jokes

Oh no Ryudo, isn't this obvious? You are becomming the new Jeff :shock:
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

Here's one of me walking through Dobuita st. during the day.

Here's one at the New Yokosuka Harbor!

by ShOzO MiZuKi
Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue inspired trips to japan topic

Hey lavrentis very cool, I have very similar pictures from my trip! Heres a cool one of Dobuita at night

http://i.imgur.com/9sHn2.jpg

I think mue26 and me nearly ran into each other, maybe we have even seen each other at the Asakusa Festival when the portable shrines got carried around.

Hey Kyodai I was at that festival too! We were on the news and everything. We stayed at hotel Asakusa which is about 3 blocks from there.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue inspired trips to japan topic

Hello,

I don't want to tell anyone what to do, but I think that considering the recents informations on Fukushima situation,
I'll personnally not go to Japan for now, but really want to go there one day.

A lot of informations can be find on this website (in french and english) :
http://fukushima.over-blog.fr/

Peace.

I myself just came back from Japan. Traveled from Tokyo to Kyoto, to Nara, and up to Yokosuka. I still have a full head of hair, and my skin is not peeling, so the radiation isn't a problem ;-)

A few strange things I learned throughout my journey:

1.) Yokosuka had the nicest hotel (mercure yokosuka), but had the least to do. I stayed right off of Dobuita street. Literally a 2 minute walk from my hotel door. Unfortunately Dobuita street does not look that much like Shenmue Dobuita, as it is much smaller. It is also ruined at night by the mass amount of idiotic sailors walking around yelling and swearing. They even wander out into the surrounding neighborhoods. This made it so my friend and I got looked at by the locals in a poor light. The Japanese natives were the most rude in this area and I don't blame them one bit.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/552884_888743221244_31731558_n.jpg

2.) Also one thing I learned is that the Japanese are very polite and usually willing to help but the language barrier can be very frustrating at times. I know a decent amount of Japanese and found it very difficult to get to some areas and navigate some places. It is extremely rude to go into another country and not at least try to speak the native language. At times I felt embarressed and upset at myself for not being more fluent. I feel that knowing the language is a necessity contrary to what others say. It will make the experience much more enjoyable.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/295037_888396660754_1852126569_n.jpg

3.) Speaking with my host in Kyoto, I told her how some of the older Japanese men would joke around with us in the morning puffing out their arms and one was even jokingly shadowboxing and fake lifting weights by me. It was creepy at times as they grabbed my arms and were squeezing them :| I was a college athlete and my friend is a personal trainer so we both stick out like sore thumbs. My host said they don't often see tall or muscular guys in Japan, and I mentioned how we had only seen maybe 3 chubby or obese people. I could go to the mall where I am from and within 10 seconds of walking in the door I could count 5. She said the Japanese look down on fat people because it shows a lack of willpower and signs of laziness.
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/579287_887619103984_194303500_36565411_1807148015_n.jpgr

You could really see why there were so few obese people in Japan. A lot of people rode bikes and the portion sizes in food were quite small. They had virtually no milk, and their chicken and beef was of very poor quality. Yet the portion sizes were enough that one wouldn't gorge themselves. The transportation in Japan was also convenient, however I did not always use it as I was too excited and wanted to explore...however after racking up 79 miles on the pedometer I thought twice about using public transportation. We rented bikes and rode them around Kyoto to visit some of the landmarks, which was nice. Overall the trip was amazing (except the flight, 11 and a half hours from LA crammed in a tiny seat.) If you plan on going I would say skip Yokosuka all together. the streets of Tokyo resemble those of Ryo's Shenmue much more.
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/36594_887982081574_2140762442_n.jpg
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Mon May 28, 2012 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Bluecast wrote: Qwerty and Shozo can both suck it

No problem just let me know the next time you see it.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Ryudo, you were helped when you had a similar situation as TDA. Now that you're getting thousands of bucks and spending it on modern electronic toys, can't you help TDA? I'm sure he would repay you in the future.

Pretty much the only thing I agree with you here. And i'd be disappointed, Ryu, if you donate "a little" considering the amount you disclosed publicly, what you intended to spend with it, and the amount that was given to you in the past.

As with TDA's situation, the only thing I can say is exhaust all your good options. Even though he mentioned he was homeless in the past, obviously he posted his current situation here hoping he'd get some help otherwise he wouldn't have bothered. Though it sort of bothers me he said he lied to his girlfriend and landlord about his current situation...which I hope he's not doing here with us.

I can't give out as much as I did in the past but I don't mind doing it when the time comes. Can be put to better use than buying $5 games, $1200 TVs, and $12 movie tickets.

I agree with you Kenny, If anyone ever gave me $500 I would be sure that when/if I ever had it, I would repay the favor in the exact same amount to anyone who needed it. My "savings account" would not see a dime until my life debt was repaid.

As for you TDA I would surely donate to help you. I've worked my ass off to get into a good position in life and I have no problem helping another out. Yes, I may have ton's of debt and things to pay for, but I can skip a weekend of eating out and sell my Resident Evil 6 to help a fella in need :)
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Coca-Cola, Bell Woods or Sapporo

^A can of coffee might do the trick ;-)
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If u were a Shenmue character...

ThyDarkAngel wrote: Hopefully Lan Di.
A man with a clear purpose and determined to get what he wants.

Or else...

A beaten bum that stills has some tricks under his sleave.

Much obliged young'n
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So what do you do?

I'm a support worker for people with autism. Been working with learning disabilities for the past four years (since graduating from uni basically), can be very hard work at times but ultimately very rewarding :)

Hey I do the exact same thing! I am teaching at a school for autism, and doing support work with multiple families on the weekends. I have been doing this since I graduated in May. Very rewarding work indeed :D
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dobuita after Midnight

I know its possible day 1 or something in Shenmue I. If I recall it is when you are looking for sailors and can't find heartbeats maybe.. Or possibly something else triggers it but you actually see the drunk people and even tom going home for the night. pretty cool.

Also it happens automatically at the end of the game when Ryo has to find a way to get to the harbor for a special event that I don't want to spoil if you havent played that far.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2003 Members

This place also had about 100 quality posters. Always some cool project going on, and the feeling of Shenmue III news coming any day was still looming. Still a fun place, but I can't imagine how it would be with all of those users here again.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo model from Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing mod for GTA

:lol: Amazing work! I love all the random Vegeta's, Lan Di's, Johnny Bravo's, and Robo cops walking around.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

I would just like to chime in and say that the autism rate in America is not 1 in 50 it is about 1 in 90. And the reason they would* have no autism in North Korea is because they do not have the proper resources or funding to effectively treat it. It is unfortunate and sad but likely true that the children with Autism in North Korea would probably often times be disposed of at an early age. Also, autism is often not diagnosed as "autism" in all other countries but rather as mental retardation.

It's 1 in 50.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/21/us-usa-autism-idUSBRE92K00C20130321

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/mar/20/autism-us-children-one-in-fifty

There's no autism in North Korea thanks to no entry for criminal american pharma companies in their country.

:lol: Ok.. that UK article basically says common traits people have could consider them to have autism. If that were the case I would be a college graduate and teacher who suffers from the neurological disorder. Oh man the North Koreans are genetically perfect. One of the strongest connections for Autism is found in those whose parents were older when the child was born. In fact most of the parents that bring their kids to my school are 50-60 years old with children ranging from 5-10. Again those studies are now expanding to include more traits and actions (which are performed by people everywhere in the world) that they consider to link a person to autism.

US Pharmaceutical companies are the devil but study after study have been shown that vaccination shots have no correlation with autism.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Something from Shenmue you want for real?

I always liked Sakuaragaoka. In 8 days I move to a neighborhood in Shizuoka that looks very similar. I will also be about 2 hours away from Yokosuka. Very excited \:D/
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Real Locations

Sorry for bumping an old topic, however I live in Japan and this landscape reminded me a lot of Yokosuka. This was taken on my way to the grocery store. I am about an hour from Yokosuka though. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/22/5ure7aby.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: War in Syria

Have to agree with Riku and Qwerty here. A lot of my friends served in the military. 99.9% of them are not these evil people. Also the benefits the disabled receive in the States is amazing. Living in Japan sucks for people with disabilities. If one were to have an incident, they couldn't even get to a hospital in time to save themselves. Most hospitals here aren't even open Saturday or Sunday. Getting an ambulance to come takes hours sometimes. Health and medicine regulations are so different here that Doctors will likely not prescribe medicine that is prescribed back home, they may refuse to prescribe anything at all. Everyone that thinks Japan is some advanced society that is much better than the West needs a reality check. It is a privilege to live in the United States for the disabled.

That's just comparing with Japan, which is still worlds above a lot of other countries. But know that before you think other countries will take care of you better, you need to count your blessings and be thankful you are even alive.

Also being an American currently not in the country I would like to say strongly that about 90% of us want nothing to do with this war in Syria.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

^Who doesnt!? ^_^

You're getting your degree in Japanese? Great choice. I always wish I had done that instead of marketing. But I guess I could always still do it. I just really need to get back into studying it seriously again. Ive been lax these past few years. Is your plan to move to Japan then?

Thanks man! It's refreshing to hear someone's reaction to my chosen degree being "great choice", and not "what the fuck are you going to do with a Japanese degree?" or the perennial favourite "so your doing it because you have a thing for Japanese chicks, right?". To be honest I'm not quite sure what my plan after I finish the degree is yet, I'm still trying to figure that out. I mean, I've never even been to Japan yet, but I will be spending the third year of my course over there and I'm very excited about that! What your doing sounds exciting too, I hope you can settle in your desired location, so let us know how it all goes!

Thanks! Well first off you should definitely be able to guage if you like living there by the time you're done with the course. And if you do.. rather when you do.. you should look into the JET program or Interac. Everyone I know who's done it loves it and from there its a big leg up on trying to find another job in a related field or with a company who would ie. need a PR or marketing person who's in the know with both cultures. Im sure you'll find plenty of jobs where your major will fit the bill. So dont worry about it. Just keep the open mind you already have and network with people.

I'm actually with the JET program working at this very moment. It's amazing, I definitely recommend it to anyone with the credentials and who gets accepted to teach after the long interview process. I am in Shizuoka prefecture about an hour and a half west of Tokyo. Today is "athletic examination day" so I have no classes to teach. I got paid to demonstrate proper footwork and stretching in the gymnasium for two hours and now I get to sit at my desk and lesson plan and play on the Internet for the next 5 hours. All in all JET is great.

Mue you could teach with JET, and if you ever want to go home you could work at the Japanese consulate in your area.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crimson Ryan wrote: Image

North Korea dating agency?

That girl has zero ass.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GAME OVER

I couldn't imagine progressing this long in the game and far into the calendar without specifically trying to. My first time through I know I went into mid January and I thought that was late. Really happy that this happened to someone naturally and they got an actual reaction to it. Yes it sucks, but at least he was surprised I guess.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You'll meet someone else. Believe it or not right now things will get better. Been through the same thing, now you just got climb out of the hole and get to new heights.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Offspring- original prankster right?
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Tweetathon

People really need to start directing their tweets. Also stop with the @nintendo and @xbox. We should all unite for Sony, like their brand or not, they at least have shown interest.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: December 3rd Shenmue Day

To celebrate today's occasion I have changed my avatar. This is the first and only time I have changed it since joining the dojo over 10 years ago.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

I believe Lan Di was only 31 during shenmue. At least that's what his profile says.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy days

Now. When I leave Japan and move back to Chicago I will probably be devastated to the point where I just move back to Japan.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Food and Shenmue

Since I used to mostly play in high school I would typically eat junk food. I do remember Ajiichi restaurant would give me a craving for noodles.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Mini Discussion Series

Every time I play that last section of the game, I can't help but feel it was supposed to be the beginning of Shenmue III and they just decided to add it into Shenmue II near the end of production. :cry:
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Mini Discussion Series

Yeah I really feel like Yu was excited and pushed forward with the story to a certain extend and then was forced to stop due to time constraints or funding. "Um who knows if Sega will green light Shenmue III right away, so lets just throw in this Guilin section we have been working on." Don't get me wrong I love the Guilin portion, but It just feels like the beginning of a new game.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Food and Shenmue

I couldn't resist. It was so warm..

by ShOzO MiZuKi
Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Axm wrote: For relaxing times, make it suntori time.

by ShOzO MiZuKi
Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Have we discussed this here? I can't seem to find it.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How old were you when you first played Shenmue?

13 in 2001. I originally asked for a PS1 for christmas in 2000. I eventually played many other games and Shenmue didn't look fun to me, but I finally rented it from a local video store after I had played through most of the other dreamcast games they had. I would eventually buy a PS2 about 3 months later. If I had never rented Shenmue I am not sure I would be where I am today. I could be more successful, or I could be less successful. I do know that I definitely wouldn't be in Japan though :lol:
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How does shenmue hold up today?

Still love it. Gives me the good nostalgia feels every time I play through. I try to limit that to once every couple of years for each game. However I do start to see the flaws each time I play through, but each and every time I finish Shenmue II I am back on here exploring theories and discussing my anger towards Sega.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Members of the Dojo you would like to meet (2012 style)

Probably Vyse, Riku, Dorian and ThyDarkAngel..
I'll add to this lot: Spokane, south carmain, shengoro86, OL and Mel Gibson.
Well at least I can check south carmain off that list.
I'll use this as a name and shame how none of you on my list have made an effort to visit me.

The goal for 2014: Kenny, ShOzO MiZuKi, Rakim, Henry Spencer and Segata Sanshiro Jr.

Every year seems to be a new group of friends. Being the forum socialite that I am..

You may be in luck my friend! If somehow you come to Japan before September I will be here. I think AxM and I are going to meet up some time and walk around Dobuita, and maybe check out that Kowloon game arcade. It seems like the best way for Shenmue fans to meet. Anyone in the area is more than welcome to join us!

Or I may go to London in 2015 to meet up with a friend I met here. How far are you from London Crimson Ryan? I'd be sure to find you.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Postmortem Discussion

If anyone feels like giving up when/if there is no announcement just remember that you are letting Sega win. That is exactly what they want. Sega wants you to roll over, die, and forget about Shenmue so they can focus on more tremendous sonic titles.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Postmortem Discussion

Good to have all of you back! Now if nothing comes of this do not disappear, we will need each and every one of you to keep the campaign going. This isn't the be all end all of Shenmue, as it will likely bring a lot of attention to the future of the series.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Found these at my local game store. So expensive!

by ShOzO MiZuKi
Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 Questions

Is Shenmue 1 pal in japanese with English subtitles?

Speaking with NPC's while listening in japanese then asking a character a second time and reading the subtitles can provide a flash card style of learning. I'm about N3 so I still have a ways to go, but I might as well incorporate my favorite game into my studies.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 2 I want to share this map I made

This is really awesome. I'm excited for your follow up Kowloon map.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic