Search found 503 matches

Return

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Oh lol obviously I can't read. I didn't know it was a single code :) Thanks anyway!
by Raithos
Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen for sale on eBay. Not only that but two people have it on their watch list :-s . This dude had some games for sale so I click to see what else he had listed. I think I'll pass on buying from him lol.
by Raithos
Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Advice needed: Testing the JRPG waters again

While I Am Setsuna is awesome and brings back the feeling of the golden age of RPG's (and is a great game) it might be a little too straightforward and traditional for some people. The battle system is fun and very similar to Chrono Trigger. OST is full of amazing piano tracks and the story is very unique. Fairly short too just FYI, I beat it in around 25 hours. Definitely one of my recent favorites. Its not perfect but was worth every penny.

I would still recommend Persona 5 though even if I haven't played it yet. The series is extremely fun to play and never seem to feel stale like some other JRPG's. Great music, fun battle system (often times too easy though) and cool characters that are very developed. Soundtracks are top notch as well.

I got the platinum for FFXV and enjoyed it a lot, but I would have a hard time suggesting it to anyone. After its all said and done its really not that great of a game tbh, especially if you are trying to get back into RPG's. It more of an action game with RPG elements (kind of but not really). Also finished the newest DLC episode in an hour, complete waste of money on the season pass so far.
by Raithos
Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

LOL I did the same thing. I think it was Thursday when I pulled the trigger. I leave stuff in my cart that I'm interested in so when I login to Amazon I can see the current price on the right side. I saw it dropped to $9 and bought it immediately. Not sure when I'll get to it but I won't pass on a $9 RPG.

Also picked up the Star Ocean hardcover guide for a penny. Yep a penny lol. I don't own the game yet but a deal is a deal. Best Buy has a bunch of them on clearance but this was the only good one.
http://i.imgur.com/BJ7lBvl.jpg
by Raithos
Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy holidays! Hope everyone is enjoying some festivities :D

by Raithos
Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pa Rappa could not have arrived on a better day!

by Raithos
Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bluecast wrote:

Welcome back! Nice pickups, I got the Astebreed set last month as well. The sword mechanic is awesome and makes it very unique and fun to play.
by Raithos
Thu May 04, 2017 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just spent the last five minutes in shock over the revelation that Peter doesn't drink.

He does. Hes mentioned a few times of trying to cut back for various reasons though. But I think the "Firstly sonny Jim, I don't drink" was just to mess with the store clerk lol. Makes the story better anyway.
by Raithos
Tue May 09, 2017 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well that's surprising. The Phantom Dust re-master is out tomorrow for Xbone and PC.... and its free. If the free part was already announced I must have missed it.

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/stat ... 1383684096
by Raithos
Mon May 15, 2017 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Can someone tell me why people like Bluepoint games remasters so much? What's the big deal about their remasters that separates them from others'?

Blurpoint is one of, if not the best at what they do. They don't do just straight ports they actually go in and tweak things needed. They've rewrote problem code when making the jump from PS2 to PS3/PS4 where others try to rely on current gen HP to power through, and usually fail. Their games almost always run better than the originals. Team Ico Collection, MGS HD and The Nathan Drake Collection are their most notable works.

One of their main programmers also works/worked for the company Hexa Drive that patched ZoE HD after it released and ran worse than the PS2 games. ZoE 2 after that patch was a thing of beauty.
by Raithos
Wed May 17, 2017 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo Switch

The Switch already has more than 19 games idk wtf Kintor is on about. Just fangirling I guess. Might not be triple AAA but still.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guid ... ed|des|-|-
by Raithos
Thu May 18, 2017 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania

I liked the Adventure games, not perfect but were fun as hell. Other than those the only good Sonic games to come out since the Genesis (not counting All-Stars Racing) were Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations.
by Raithos
Wed May 17, 2017 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Videogame Boxart

So technically this isn't box art, but Yoji Shinkawa has done some work for an upcoming CoD Zombies expansion.
by Raithos
Fri May 19, 2017 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He's also ignoring the fact the system is the fastest selling in Nintendo's history and that two of the games released so far have shattered franchise sales records. Both BotW and MK8 Deluxe are the fastest selling entries in both series. Its ludicrous to think 3rd party company's haven't taken notice. Plenty of support has already been announced (some available) with more on the way. This is not the Wii-U 2.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/06/the-switch-is-the-fastest-selling-console-in-nintendo-history/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/04/14/nintendo-just-broke-some-major-us-sales-records-for-zelda-and-switch/#28672ab45ae5

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/05/mario_kart_8_deluxe_breaks_series_records_with_us_launch_sales
by Raithos
Fri May 19, 2017 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kenny wrote: No drama or anything? Phooey.

Its been all sunshine and roses lately. :sad: lol
by Raithos
Wed May 17, 2017 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^ This was on Reddit (can't find the thread right now) and several known developers confirmed that this data is pretty much spot on. Carts and Blurays cost more than $2.50 and $2.00 to make. Roughly 15% is licencing fees (lowest tiers) the rest is actual manufacturing costs.

Just look at games like Rime and Puyo Puyo Tetris for Switch vs the PS4 versions. The developers of Rime have publicly talked about how it is costing them almost $10 more a piece to release a game on Switch (using the higher memory cart, most modern titles will have to) than it does on PS4. Thus the price difference at retail. The difference is a lot more than fifty cents.

https://miketendo64.com/2017/05/13/editorial-the-price-devs-publishers-pay-for-physical-switch-wii-u-3ds-wii/
by Raithos
Sun May 21, 2017 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don;t know if Nintendo touched you in your sleep, but really calm your tits, don't know what's your problem.

They did, while wearing the mask you see in his avatar. Dude is off his rocker lol. I don't even read his posts anymore. I feel like he wakes up to shit on Nintendo. I love the fact they are doing so well right now and it probably keeps him from sleeping at night. He tries to count sheep but they turn into Yoshi so he gets scared and wets his Sonic sheets.
by Raithos
Sat May 27, 2017 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"The real question is why am I growing a beard and still shaving my balls." - Jim Carrey 2017

:rotflmao:
by Raithos
Mon May 29, 2017 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Michael Huber comments on no Shenmue 3 at E3

Sonoshee wrote: ^^First time poster, lol

lol
by Raithos
Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Persona ish games?

Here's a simple one... Persona. You listed 4 and 5 but failed to play arguably the best in the series, P2 Tsumi and Batsu. You're welcome, trust me.

P3 is also a gem, as is Soul Hackers.

I second this. After playing P4 (my first in the series) I went back and bought them all. Played Innocent Sin on PSP and the digital version (PS1) of Eternal Punishment. Hands down the best the series has to offer.
by Raithos
Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ah OK. Yeah I've known about the DLC region lock since I started importing Vita titles. The DLC authenticates on the servers they originate from, so if your PSN account isn't a part of that network then its all she wrote because it reaches out to US servers. Plus the codes are only good for their respective networks. Sucks because on Vita you can only have the one account unlike PS3/PS4 so there's no way around it sadly.
by Raithos
Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming Deals

Rising Storm GOTY is Free on Humble (Steam copy)

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/risi ... ar-edition
by Raithos
Thu May 25, 2017 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming Deals

I've been meaning to buy a PS4 for Shenmue 3/Yakuza games (only have an Xbox One atm)

Apparently there's some sony e3 hype sale happening, is this bundle worth getting? (PS4 Slim with Tekken 7 Deluxe Edition) Was going to wait until Prime Day in August but this seems alright, I loved tekken during 5,6, and Tag 2 but I haven't got much interest in returning to 7, I might just sell it (it's valued £70 here) and use that dough to get games I want and have the price of the console cheaper in total.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-4-500gb-and-tekken-7-deluxe-edition-only-at-game-1330151/?merchname=catPSdaysofplay-_-header-_-ps4tekken7HW

Not really interested in getting a Pro version either tbh unless it becomes a situation where devs just gimp the OG PS4/Xbox versions (we are kinda seeing that a bit with tekken 7 right now, with insane loading times and input lag etc). I just hoping shenmue 3 and yakuza runs well enough (the latter I've heard runs better on a pro, especially with 0 and 6)

decisions decisions, ripping mah hair out... :-/

I wouldn't bother with the pro unless you really want to. It's having trouble delivering with several titles, and some don't even support it. Which is part of the reason they updated it with the "boost mode". Its not even able to run Dark Souls 3 at 60fps. So I would take the cheaperOG/slim model. Rock solid 30fps is far better than an inconsistent frame rate. Save the extra cash and use it towards games.
by Raithos
Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General Anime Discussion

Just watched Ghost in the Shell.

It was pretty damn good.
A few things I could have done without but eh, sometimes you take the good with the bad. Johansson played a good Major. They seemed to mix and match somethings but one thing they nailed was the world. That shit was spot on. The entire time you feel like you're watching a GitS movie. Its not perfect but its very enjoyable.
by Raithos
Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections & Merchandise

sand4fish wrote:

Not very often when I can honestly I'm envious! That's an awesome find congrats!
by Raithos
Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bluecast wrote:Holy fucking shit dude shut up. We get it you hate Nintendo. Good for you,noone cares.
by Raithos
Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coming back to old save files and you're clueless what t

This happens far too often to me. I get into a game, something new and shiny releases and I make the mistake of trying it out. 6 months down the road I'm starting a game over from scratch because I don't know what's going on anymore. When I was younger I never had this problem, it all started once I got money lol. Back in the day I only bought one or two games at a time so it wasn't as much of a problem.
by Raithos
Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reggie practically peed in Kintor's fruit loops this morning. :D I can't get my copy of Xenoblade quick enough!

by Raithos
Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Xenoblade 2

phpBB [video]
by Raithos
Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its like you're living in a different dimension than the rest of us.
by Raithos
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Switch or PSVR

That's a tough one.

Having tried all three major VR sets, and enjoyed them all, I'm personally still waiting for that killer app. I loved every second of Elite Dangerous but even that's not enough to make me take the plunge. I tried RE7 on my brothers PSVR and while it was definitely cool, I prefer to play it normally. Its not something I would use everyday as it takes actual effort and most of the time I just want to kick back and play. I think VR is in a good spot tech wise, just waiting on actual games. On the Sony front I feel there should have been some major announcements from them by now.

As an early supporter of the move and Vita, I'm skeptical af of PSVR. I don't think VR as a whole will fail no, but that doesn't mean Sony won't let the PSVR fail. If people don't buy it, they will do like they've done in the past. But people won't buy it if they don't show support. A lot of people are still waiting on that. They shut down a studio that made a VR game for them already and that isn't a good sign. I forgot who since its 4 AM right now.

The Switch on the other hand is going 90 miles an hour right now. Launched with good games and there for several I'm waiting on coming out over the next few months. Great piece of hardware with a ton of flexibility. First party support in full swing with several third party dev/publishers signed on. They're breaking sales records left and right so I honestly don't see this having a chance in hell at ending up like the Wii U.

So as you guessed it, my vote is the Switch. But that's not because I don't like PSVR. Besides the reasons I mentioned above, the price. Now is a great time to buy the Switch as that price isn't going anywhere. Its new and selling like crack so that price is going to stay put.

The PSVR on the other hand, has already been $300 (refurb) and $350 brand new more than once here in the US. The stand alone not the bundle. I fully expect a price drop by the holidays, if not then early next year for sure. So it might be best to wait it out and see how that goes.
by Raithos
Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Switch or PSVR

Drive Club
Ace Combat 7
Gran Turismo Sport
Rez Infinite

Those will probably be some of the best. Reviews say Rez is awesome in VR. I bought the physical disc from iam8bit and keep meaning to try it out at my brothers. I think Ace Combat will be the shit in VR. I'm also excited for Project Cars 2.

By the end of the year I'll be deciding between a 4K TV or a VR headset. I don't watch TV but I love buying/watching blu rays. Its going to be a touch choice since I have a free 4K monitor coming from work soon I could watch them on but its only 34' I think.

The first platform that releases a true mech game like Armored Core or Mech Warrior will end up with my money. I kind of thought Sony would have locked FromSoft into doing something already.
by Raithos
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 6 months into 2017..your fave games so far?

Bluecast wrote:Well Rakim brought up VanQuish so

Also, Vanquish was not already available digitally on PC like those three were on their respective platforms. They just got physical discs/cart now is all.
by Raithos
Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I seriously can't resist an all white console. Sexy af :-"
by Raithos
Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NeoGAF down as owner faces sexual allegations again

If YOU are an administrator/moderator for the dojo then, as with NeoGAF, I want no part of it. I'm outie.

Fix up.

We'll miss you! :hello:

What sort of person compares groping someone to killing kids? Idiots.I guess he's "outie" then.

He got one thing right though, OL is definitely a creeper! :lol:
by Raithos
Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Demons Souls servers shutting down in Feb. Time to invade some fools while you still can. I know I will be.

https://atlus.com/fond-farewell-demons-souls-servers/

edit: I bet (hope) there's a Demon's Souls remaster incoming. Its not just Atlus. Bandai and Sony shutting down servers in all regions at the same time.
by Raithos
Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Xenoblade 2

Just like the previous two, the opening of the game is very easy. He said he's about 10 hours in. You only auto attack basic moves, you have to manually do your arts/magic for your MC. The further along you get, the more the difficulty ramps up. To the point to where if you don't stagger you will literally do 1 hp of damage to them. You will 100% not auto attack your way through any of these lol. Watching his game play, he's not using cancel arts or triggering any blade combos. He's just waiting for each cool down instead of doing what the game taught him.

JRPG's vary so much from title to title, and not everyone is going to like this game. But its almost universally praised. I'm 40-ish hours in and the story, characters and world are great. Not saying that everyone who plays it will like it, but I've watched his videos for awhile now. Ever since he was on Scottsquatch's flea market videos. Not for a second did I think he was going to like Xenoblade lol. Just based on the game he does like.

Not saying you two will like it, especially if you don't finish other RPG's, but you shouldn't base your judgment off his video. Watch some people who actually know what they are doing with the combat because the story and the world they've built are awesome.
by Raithos
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic