Search found 503 matches

Return

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

That sucks, sorry to hear that. I do store pickup from time to time, but I know those red and white stickers they put on there can do some damage. Since the box is "soft" it probably made it even worse. Same thing happened with my No Man's Sky but luckily they had more in the back. I wouldn't try to take the circle sticker off either.

New New 3DS (lol) too or just included in the pic? If new, the 3D/face tracking is so much better than the OG ones. Plus its gold :). I recommend this Hori protector thing. Its super cheap, almost 100% see through and will keep the gold from scratching and flaking off. I have one on my Majora's Mask N3DS.

https://www.amazon.com/HORI-Duraflexi-Clear-Protector-Nintendo-NEW/dp/B00RZ7TC6Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488589104&sr=8-1&keywords=hori%2Bnew%2B3ds%2Bxl&th=1
by Raithos
Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It has Japanese, English and French subtitles. Switches (lol) based on your account region. Shipped with both a Japanese and English cover. Been wanting a physical copy of this in English since it launched.

http://i.imgur.com/45hHiAfl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/j99P8wYl.jpg
by Raithos
Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Got the Master Sword yesterday. "Unbreakable" in the sense that it runs out of energy and needs to recharge (ten minutes). What's really cool is it started glowing when I walked into a dungeon. Checked my inventory and the dps doubles the moment you step inside :)

edit: the quest to get it was awesome. very memorable moment in the game
by Raithos
Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not saying defeating a guardian by successfully nailing the razor thin timing on redirecting its own death beam right back at it by parrying with your shield is an orgasmic experience. But it could be pretty close.

Once I realized you could do that, my Dark Souls instinct took over and the game became very easy lol.

Also just saw this posted on Twitter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6950AJV0AAhMX5.jpg:large
by Raithos
Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Mass-Effect-Andromeda-GIF-4.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HlvB3KUh8qn0vZe/giphy-downsized-large.gif https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-14-2015/k8FMHy.gif http://i.imgur.com/biDFHU0.gif
by Raithos
Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Thief wrote: can't tell if you're being serious.

Not at all man, I figured my response would have been taken as a joke!
by Raithos
Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo Switch

Oh for real? I thought you were playing on Wii U my bad.

Yeah I find it to be a pretty good piece of tech. Its not perfect but it has a ton of potential. The screen is great with no ghosting and its well calibrated. I find the battery to be pretty good too. I get about 3 hours (a little more if its not Zelda I'm playing) which to me is decent for what the console can do.

I'm constantly amazed at how the Switch lives up to what its supposed to do. Its a smooth transition from playing on the TV to undocking it and playing on the Go. Absolutely not a gimmick. I would play at night, pause and put it into sleep mode. Wake up and throw it in a case and into my backpack then head to work. By the time lunch rolls around turn it on and pick back up right where I left off. It would only use 1-2% over 5 hours in sleep mode.

Its not as portable as a 3DS that fits in your pocket, but even inside the Hori case it doesn't take up much room in my backpack. I stick the Joy-Con grip in a side pocket as well in case I feel like propping the switch up on its kickstand instead of playing in handheld mode. I bought Metal Slug off the eShop. My friend and I have been playing coop on lunch now. Put the kickstand up, hand over a Joy-Con and we're playing coop just like that.

Very comfortable to play in handheld mode as well. Took a bit of getting used too as the Joy-Cons are skinny af. But it only took a few minutes before it felt natural. Joy-Con grip is decent to travel with and servers its purpose when I need to charge the Pro controller, which is also very comfortable to use. I think the triggers are weird, not sure why they stuck with digital ones this time around. Consistently with the Joy-Con I guess. I think its a must buy for playing at home though. Hopefully they add the ability to use Wii U accessories at some point.

I really like how responsive the OS is. Very quick from boot to playing a game. I hope they had some music to it though because it feels very un-Nintendo being quiet lol. When they add some features in the future I just hope it doesn't get bogged down with useless apps.

As someone who plays a TON of handhelds on the go, it bridges the gap successfully. I feel like I get the full console at home and a powerful handheld when I'm not. So far I've got Zelda, Fast RMX, I Am Setsuna, Binding of Isaac and Metal Slug.

You know what the best part is? I don't have to stop playing when I go poop.
by Raithos
Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah if they would have left the touch screen functions in place I would have eventually bought it on there too. It probably would have made it the better version so they took it out lol. So the portability sold me.
by Raithos
Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Same here. I use my xbox controller via usb if I'm at my desk or bluetooth (same with my DS4) if I'm sitting on the couch. Both work great. My old 360 PC controller worked great although it had a wireless dongle. Gave that away once I had the other two.
by Raithos
Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't know what you're doing wrong but each of those Joy Con's work as a separate controller for KoF and all of those Neo Geo games. You can always put them on the grip and with that and the pro have two full size controllers. It works decent enough like that imo. Not as good as two pro's or a fight stick but still. But I agree with the rest lol. I wouldn't play a fighting game with the single Joy Con and you should have bought Metal Slug :D.

Also, why is it a negative against the console if its accessories don't work with your PC? That doesn't make any sense lol. As far as I know (and I could be wrong) that was never a selling point advertised by Nintendo. People just paired it up themselves to check like they do any bluetooth device. First place I saw it was on PC Gamer. If it was advertised then yeah that's a valid complaint no doubt about it.
by Raithos
Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah you will get WAY more grants going for nursing than IT. You really can't beat the medical field. Always great to see someone take the first steps to give themselves a life they want :)

Side note: I work in IT (SysAdmin to Info Sec) not a week goes by when I don't get job offers. I do live in Houston so that plays a part, but almost every place in America needs IT staff. From hospitals, the grocery store, to schools, oil company's, you name it. Even small business without staff have to outsource their needs. With the high turn over rate (due to people lying on apps, not evolving and learning, etc) there's never a shortage of jobs. If you master both Windows and Linux your opportunities are endless. Its a competitive field to start in but once you get some experience the ball is in your court. Its one of the easiest consulting businesses to start too.

I think you are making the right choice for sure. The medical field is just about the best thing anyone can get into. You can't beat it. Just throwing out some personal experience.
by Raithos
Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Damn man that sounds like the power supply. That happened to my launch PS3. If you can find a replacement psu its actually very easy to change them. The model number for it should be online somewhere, if you can't find it I will look when I get home. If its not the psu that mobo could be shot.
by Raithos
Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep I ordered mine yesterday as well. I've got Pier Solar, Sacred Line and Papi Commando from them. The later two weren't developed by them but they did the manufacturing/publishing. High quality products for sure.

I'm sitting on 2 up and 1 down.
http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/you-are-killing-me-robert-de-niro-taxi-driver.gif
by Raithos
Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This will get you 5% off anything in the store just fyi "11215855". Sure you already purchased though lol I didn't know anyone here would be buying or I would have posted this before. I shared my 10% off (for being Pier Solar KS backer) code to my friend but it failed to work for him.
by Raithos
Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh lol obviously I can't read. I didn't know it was a single code :) Thanks anyway!
by Raithos
Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen for sale on eBay. Not only that but two people have it on their watch list :-s . This dude had some games for sale so I click to see what else he had listed. I think I'll pass on buying from him lol.
by Raithos
Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Advice needed: Testing the JRPG waters again

While I Am Setsuna is awesome and brings back the feeling of the golden age of RPG's (and is a great game) it might be a little too straightforward and traditional for some people. The battle system is fun and very similar to Chrono Trigger. OST is full of amazing piano tracks and the story is very unique. Fairly short too just FYI, I beat it in around 25 hours. Definitely one of my recent favorites. Its not perfect but was worth every penny.

I would still recommend Persona 5 though even if I haven't played it yet. The series is extremely fun to play and never seem to feel stale like some other JRPG's. Great music, fun battle system (often times too easy though) and cool characters that are very developed. Soundtracks are top notch as well.

I got the platinum for FFXV and enjoyed it a lot, but I would have a hard time suggesting it to anyone. After its all said and done its really not that great of a game tbh, especially if you are trying to get back into RPG's. It more of an action game with RPG elements (kind of but not really). Also finished the newest DLC episode in an hour, complete waste of money on the season pass so far.
by Raithos
Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LOL I did the same thing. I think it was Thursday when I pulled the trigger. I leave stuff in my cart that I'm interested in so when I login to Amazon I can see the current price on the right side. I saw it dropped to $9 and bought it immediately. Not sure when I'll get to it but I won't pass on a $9 RPG.

Also picked up the Star Ocean hardcover guide for a penny. Yep a penny lol. I don't own the game yet but a deal is a deal. Best Buy has a bunch of them on clearance but this was the only good one.
http://i.imgur.com/BJ7lBvl.jpg
by Raithos
Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy holidays! Hope everyone is enjoying some festivities :D

by Raithos
Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pa Rappa could not have arrived on a better day!

by Raithos
Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bluecast wrote:

Welcome back! Nice pickups, I got the Astebreed set last month as well. The sword mechanic is awesome and makes it very unique and fun to play.
by Raithos
Thu May 04, 2017 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just spent the last five minutes in shock over the revelation that Peter doesn't drink.

He does. Hes mentioned a few times of trying to cut back for various reasons though. But I think the "Firstly sonny Jim, I don't drink" was just to mess with the store clerk lol. Makes the story better anyway.
by Raithos
Tue May 09, 2017 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well that's surprising. The Phantom Dust re-master is out tomorrow for Xbone and PC.... and its free. If the free part was already announced I must have missed it.

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/stat ... 1383684096
by Raithos
Mon May 15, 2017 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Can someone tell me why people like Bluepoint games remasters so much? What's the big deal about their remasters that separates them from others'?

Blurpoint is one of, if not the best at what they do. They don't do just straight ports they actually go in and tweak things needed. They've rewrote problem code when making the jump from PS2 to PS3/PS4 where others try to rely on current gen HP to power through, and usually fail. Their games almost always run better than the originals. Team Ico Collection, MGS HD and The Nathan Drake Collection are their most notable works.

One of their main programmers also works/worked for the company Hexa Drive that patched ZoE HD after it released and ran worse than the PS2 games. ZoE 2 after that patch was a thing of beauty.
by Raithos
Wed May 17, 2017 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Switch already has more than 19 games idk wtf Kintor is on about. Just fangirling I guess. Might not be triple AAA but still.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guid ... ed|des|-|-
by Raithos
Thu May 18, 2017 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania

I liked the Adventure games, not perfect but were fun as hell. Other than those the only good Sonic games to come out since the Genesis (not counting All-Stars Racing) were Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations.
by Raithos
Wed May 17, 2017 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Videogame Boxart

So technically this isn't box art, but Yoji Shinkawa has done some work for an upcoming CoD Zombies expansion.
by Raithos
Fri May 19, 2017 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He's also ignoring the fact the system is the fastest selling in Nintendo's history and that two of the games released so far have shattered franchise sales records. Both BotW and MK8 Deluxe are the fastest selling entries in both series. Its ludicrous to think 3rd party company's haven't taken notice. Plenty of support has already been announced (some available) with more on the way. This is not the Wii-U 2.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/06/the-switch-is-the-fastest-selling-console-in-nintendo-history/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/04/14/nintendo-just-broke-some-major-us-sales-records-for-zelda-and-switch/#28672ab45ae5

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/05/mario_kart_8_deluxe_breaks_series_records_with_us_launch_sales
by Raithos
Fri May 19, 2017 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kenny wrote: No drama or anything? Phooey.

Its been all sunshine and roses lately. :sad: lol
by Raithos
Wed May 17, 2017 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^ This was on Reddit (can't find the thread right now) and several known developers confirmed that this data is pretty much spot on. Carts and Blurays cost more than $2.50 and $2.00 to make. Roughly 15% is licencing fees (lowest tiers) the rest is actual manufacturing costs.

Just look at games like Rime and Puyo Puyo Tetris for Switch vs the PS4 versions. The developers of Rime have publicly talked about how it is costing them almost $10 more a piece to release a game on Switch (using the higher memory cart, most modern titles will have to) than it does on PS4. Thus the price difference at retail. The difference is a lot more than fifty cents.

https://miketendo64.com/2017/05/13/editorial-the-price-devs-publishers-pay-for-physical-switch-wii-u-3ds-wii/
by Raithos
Sun May 21, 2017 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don;t know if Nintendo touched you in your sleep, but really calm your tits, don't know what's your problem.

They did, while wearing the mask you see in his avatar. Dude is off his rocker lol. I don't even read his posts anymore. I feel like he wakes up to shit on Nintendo. I love the fact they are doing so well right now and it probably keeps him from sleeping at night. He tries to count sheep but they turn into Yoshi so he gets scared and wets his Sonic sheets.
by Raithos
Sat May 27, 2017 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"The real question is why am I growing a beard and still shaving my balls." - Jim Carrey 2017

:rotflmao:
by Raithos
Mon May 29, 2017 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Michael Huber comments on no Shenmue 3 at E3

Sonoshee wrote: ^^First time poster, lol

lol
by Raithos
Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Persona ish games?

Here's a simple one... Persona. You listed 4 and 5 but failed to play arguably the best in the series, P2 Tsumi and Batsu. You're welcome, trust me.

P3 is also a gem, as is Soul Hackers.

I second this. After playing P4 (my first in the series) I went back and bought them all. Played Innocent Sin on PSP and the digital version (PS1) of Eternal Punishment. Hands down the best the series has to offer.
by Raithos
Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ah OK. Yeah I've known about the DLC region lock since I started importing Vita titles. The DLC authenticates on the servers they originate from, so if your PSN account isn't a part of that network then its all she wrote because it reaches out to US servers. Plus the codes are only good for their respective networks. Sucks because on Vita you can only have the one account unlike PS3/PS4 so there's no way around it sadly.
by Raithos
Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming Deals

Rising Storm GOTY is Free on Humble (Steam copy)

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/risi ... ar-edition
by Raithos
Thu May 25, 2017 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming Deals

I've been meaning to buy a PS4 for Shenmue 3/Yakuza games (only have an Xbox One atm)

Apparently there's some sony e3 hype sale happening, is this bundle worth getting? (PS4 Slim with Tekken 7 Deluxe Edition) Was going to wait until Prime Day in August but this seems alright, I loved tekken during 5,6, and Tag 2 but I haven't got much interest in returning to 7, I might just sell it (it's valued £70 here) and use that dough to get games I want and have the price of the console cheaper in total.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-4-500gb-and-tekken-7-deluxe-edition-only-at-game-1330151/?merchname=catPSdaysofplay-_-header-_-ps4tekken7HW

Not really interested in getting a Pro version either tbh unless it becomes a situation where devs just gimp the OG PS4/Xbox versions (we are kinda seeing that a bit with tekken 7 right now, with insane loading times and input lag etc). I just hoping shenmue 3 and yakuza runs well enough (the latter I've heard runs better on a pro, especially with 0 and 6)

decisions decisions, ripping mah hair out... :-/

I wouldn't bother with the pro unless you really want to. It's having trouble delivering with several titles, and some don't even support it. Which is part of the reason they updated it with the "boost mode". Its not even able to run Dark Souls 3 at 60fps. So I would take the cheaperOG/slim model. Rock solid 30fps is far better than an inconsistent frame rate. Save the extra cash and use it towards games.
by Raithos
Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General Anime Discussion

Just watched Ghost in the Shell.

It was pretty damn good.
A few things I could have done without but eh, sometimes you take the good with the bad. Johansson played a good Major. They seemed to mix and match somethings but one thing they nailed was the world. That shit was spot on. The entire time you feel like you're watching a GitS movie. Its not perfect but its very enjoyable.
by Raithos
Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections & Merchandise

sand4fish wrote:

Not very often when I can honestly I'm envious! That's an awesome find congrats!
by Raithos
Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic