Search found 2 matches

Return

My Shenmue video-review

Hello Shenmue Dojo!

I just finished playing through Shenmue for the first time a few days ago, and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the game. I had always heard good things about it, but.. words fail me, but if Shenmue was a book, it'd be a real page-turner.

I made a video review to help share this game with people who haven't give the game a chance yet, and as a nice retrospective for people who have played and enjoyed the game. I hope you like what you see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iprOdDakWp0&lc
by SuperDerek
Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My Shenmue video-review

Good morning!

@ uchihamadarav
I know the feeling. I wish I could go back and play through all of the classics for the first time again. Maybe some day when I'm older and my memory is going, I'll get to re-live those experiences. :)

@ MiTT3NZ
Thank you for your critique. It seems that my strategy of reviewing the game may have had it's benefits, and disadvantages. When playing through Shenmue, obviously I knew I would be reviewing the game, so I decided to restrict myself from watching any other reviews, or looking at a guide. I guess it helped me keep from the usual talking points, but like you said, I must have really blasted past a lot of game secrets. I may have to correct myself in my next episode of "The Game Correction".

You're completely correct in that I was reading from a script. I was always been more of a shy, introverted kid with a speech impediment. As a result, I always felt that my strength was in writing, so I'm using that as a bit of a crutch at the moment while I get used to speaking to a camera. The next video I shot is actually entirely improvised. Now I just have to edit the thing together and find a way to make it coherent! As far as exuding a false sense of confidence and charisma, you might be right. My strategy is to fake it 'til I make it.

I appreciate the time and thought you put into your critique, I try to take each bit of it to heart. And thanks for taking the time to watch it as well. :)
by SuperDerek
Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic