Search found 23 matches

Return

Re: Realistically, do you think Shenmue 3 will happen?

I have hopes for it to eventually be released. Yu's still talking about it, so that should tell us all something..
I just finished Shenmue for the first time yesterday and I enjoyed it immensely! I'm already dying for 3 to come out. I feel awful for the people that have been waiting over 10 years for it.. You guys are troopers. More power to all of you! Let's keep Shenmue III in our Dojo prayers.
by BigTuna
Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone else feel this way?

To all who haven't played the first game yet.. You REALLY need to.
I started with Shenmue II because I only had an Xbox at the time. I started playing that like a year ago, but quit because I felt like I needed to play the first one before I continued.
When I finally got my hands on a Dreamcast I immediately ordered Shenmue. I instantely enjoyed that game more than the second. Once I finished it, which took me not even a week, I then felt comfortable with starting 2 from the beginning again. Of course I didn't enjoy it, because it's almost a completely different game.
If you haven't played the first you desperately need to! It's a must, amigos.
by BigTuna
Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone else feel this way?

There is one thing I do wish was different from the first installment however, and that is the UI. Take Shenmue II UI and engine and just place it in the first game and it would be even more amazing than it already is.

These are things we can hope for in the HD ports. If they ever get released..
The save option is MUCH nicer in the 2nd one too. It is a bit frustrating having to run into Ryo's room just to save a game. But once you get used to that, it's really not so bad. I've dealt with worse.
I'm currently pushing through II right now. I'm in Kowloon and got past that fat ass, Dou Niu, but I'm still not impressed. It's just way too linear and doesn't engage me like the first one did. I'm not enjoying myself with this one. It's bumming me out, man. I'm gonna try to finish it and hopefully my opinion will change soon. But sadly, it's only getting worse the further I go. It's definitely nothing like the first one to me.
by BigTuna
Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amazing Spiderman 2

I wish they didn't change his suit for this film. I really liked the one in TASM. This one looks too shiny/CG.
Hopefully this movie will be good though. I thought TASM was awesome. Glad we're finally getting legit Spider-Man movies now. Absolutely hate the Raimi series, personally.

I'm really curious about how they'll handle the Green Goblin this time around. I don't know if the promo poster that's floating around the web is real, but I hope it is. Looks like a good interpretation of the villain imo.
by BigTuna
Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Omikron: the Nomad Soul

Ok. I just got a sealed copy of this game for my Dreamcast for cheap. But I don't know what to do with it.. After reading all the negativity on here, and pretty much everywhere else about it, I'm tempted to just keep it sealed and flip it..
Is the DC version really that bad? From what I understand it is extremely buggy on the console port, but is there more to it than just that?
Also. I'm not a big fan of Cage. Kinda loathed Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy a lot. But this game totally intrigued me: David Bowie. Futuristic RPG. A Dreamcast game.
I'm conflicted, man.
Is it at least better than Fahrenheit?

It's been years since I've played it on any format, but the DC version is the inferior one from what I still remember. I don't know if you can use the DC keyboard and mouse but if you can, do it. The FPS and Adventure segments are going to be a chore without a mouse and keyboard (I think the fighting too). I highly highly HIGHLY recommend the PC version. You can buy it cheap or freely torrent it on certain sites. Not sure if it works on Windows 8, but 7 and earlier should be fine.

And yes, it's alot better than Fahrenheit. It has better voice acting, a better atmosphere, a better storyline (might get a tad ridiculous to the end but nothing on the level of Fahrenheit), a more open-ended environment with a few places to explore, and an AMAZING soundtrack. It's one of the best I've listened to in a game and that's thanks to Xavier Despas for providing the world soundtrack. Bowie has some tracks of his own too (as you could imagine) and he does a great job acting in it as well.

You'll be happy to hear it actually has gameplay in it too. It's not like the modern QuanticDream games where you do a waggle here and there and that's it. There are actual puzzles in it (pretty hard ones where you need a pen and paper to solve), a fighting system similar to the Tekken series, First Person Shooting, and general Adventure roaming. Like I mentioned, there are a few nifty secrets tucked deeply in the game. If you like Shenmue, you'll find some appreciation in this game.

I speak as a HUGE HUGE fan of the game from years prior. If you dig free roaming cyper-punk worlds with an intricate conspiracy plotline, and Bowie music, you'll probably like this.

Sick! I'm gonna keep it then. That all just made me feel much better about it, man.
I've been wanting to get a mouse/keyboard setup for my Dreamcast's for a while now, so this will just give me more of a reason to. I'm definitely more of a PC gamer than a console gamer, but I've got enough games on my comp at the moment. I'm trying to cut back on getting anymore of those for the time being. haha If I like it enough though, I'll more than likely get a PC copy too.

Thanks for the reply, dude. I really appreciate it. Can't wait to try this game out now!
by BigTuna
Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Games You Typically Stay Away From?

The first Halo was a good game, but the rest are just decent to play if you're at your mate's gaff, nothing more. Same goes for CoD, really. I remember playing the original in my uncle's gaming room. Surround sound + perfect screen settings resulted in one of the most absorbing, nervy gaming experiences I've ever witnessed. I specifically remember being taken aback by how unimportant my presence was on the battlefield. It's probably a little too dated now, but I'd defo recommend getting it just to play the Battle of Stalingrad section. Crank the volume right up too. Was fucking immense.

Let me re-phrase that, man.
I actually do like the first games in those series! They're the only ones I own. The first COD: MW was especially cool when it came out! I remember me and another friend of mine playing that game for hours and hours on end. I have a hard time playing the first Halo now, but I do fondly recall playing that on my PC and original Xbox. It was a great game also.
But I tried the sequel to COD when that came out and really didn't care for it & after seeing my friends play all the others, I knew I wasn't missing out on anything. They all seem to just be re-hashes of the first game. Talk about lame sauce, man.
Then I co-opted on Halo 2 cos a friend of mine is crazy about that series. I thought that was super boring. I just didn't feel it at all. Then he recommended Reach to me a while later. I figured I'd try it cos maybe I was just crazy for not seeing what he and my all other friends saw in those games, but I ended up turning it off not even half way through. It was a pretty terrible experience to me.

So as a result I now stay away from those games.
by BigTuna
Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE XMAS SPECIAL GAME

Fuck yeah! I got the good ending on my first play through! Really great job, man. Major kudos to you for making this. Wish I was able to play it on X-Mas day, but I'm glad I got around to it.
by BigTuna
Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diagnosed With Testicular Cancer :(

I really do hope all is well. Please keep us posted. I'm wishing the best for you, man.
by BigTuna
Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Motherfuck.. I really gotta post a pic for a response? That's bullshit.

by BigTuna
Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue on Co-Optitude

I don't know if any of you watch Co-Optitude. But I've been begging for them to do Shenmue for months, probably a year by now. But they finally did it and it's hilarious.

Co-Optitude stars Felicia Day(Dr. Horrible, Dollhouse, Buffy, The Guild..) and her brother Ryon. Together they play retro games for the very first time. It's totally funny and I couldn't recommend the show enough. Especially this episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TroSzXHi7V0
by BigTuna
Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

I missed the AMA. Ended up gong to a con in Sac at the last minute. Kinda bummed out. Did anyone ask about the possibility of a bicycle being implemented into Shen3? It's the one thing I wish they kept in the first game.

It's still going on

Thank you! I asked him. It's doubtful, but I'm hoping for the possibility.

Lol I just asked him for you before this post go back a page on here to see the link. Link me yours and I will upvote it as well so we got the question out there twice for double the chance.

Dude! Rad! Haha
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3ahcwf/i_am_yu_suzuki_new_posting/csco1ek

EDIT: You asked it in a much nicer way than I did. Very specific and detailed. Nice job. Thank you! I upvoted, of course.
by BigTuna
Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Q: Any possibility of a bicycle finally being added to Shenmue 3? Thank you so much again, Yu!

A: There is a 60 horsepower bike in Shenmue 1. For Shenmue, 3 I was thinking about something with 1 horsepower.

I can't believe he answered! That's really incredible. I'm very curious what he meant by his answer though. Horse not bike maybe?
by BigTuna
Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue III Stretch Goals Announced - $11 Million+

Goddamn it! Stop taunting us, Yu! They really need to add a PayPal option to this shit. We gotta keep trying our best to reach 11 million.
by BigTuna
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki wants Shenmue 1/2 HD Versions before Shenmue 3

SEGA would have to be nuts to not negotiate with Yu about this. They saw how quickly the kickstarter was funded, they definitely know the fans want it. An HD remake should absolutely happen before the release of Shenmue III.
by BigTuna
Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Corey Marshall in negotiations to reprise role as Ryo Ha

No one else can voice Ryo as far as I'm concerned. I love that monotone bastard to death.
by BigTuna
Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Frog
by BigTuna
Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ricedigital.co.uk: Shenmue I&II HD in 2017, SIII maybe 2

I have a good feeling about this. I'm almost positive we'll be seeing HD remasters this year. Let's all hope.
by BigTuna
Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

Listen. We can all accept bright blue text or not. It is Bluecast's vision. I, personally, do not want my Shenmue Dojo with bright blue text. So I'm opting out of reading it from now on. But I am only one person.
by BigTuna
Tue May 30, 2017 4:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

No surprise at all. The 2017 date was always a placeholder. I don't care how long it takes. Just as long as they make Shenmue 3 the best game it can possibly be.
by BigTuna
Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unreal Engine 4 and my concerns

What a fucking pointless post. The game is in great hands. Unreal is a fantastic engine. Just look at that list of games, man. You're not making any sense. Shenmue 3 will more than likely end up being the most beautiful experience yet. Have more faith in Yu and his team.
by BigTuna
Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue bomber jacket from Insert Coin Clothing

Picked up a large this morning. So stoked!
by BigTuna
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My insertcoinclothing Shenmue Jacket arrived! [PHOTOS]

I'm in the same boat. I was disappointed in the quality. It fits very nicely, but I feel like the fabric could tear so easily. It kinda scares me. I was expecting so much better. Especially when you peep the asking price. Like damn dude, that ain't right. I'm glad I didn't pay full price though. So I can't complain much. All in all. I'm happy I got it. Just probably won't wear it very often either.
by BigTuna
Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic