Search found 55 matches

Return

Re: Anyone else feel this way?

For me shenmue 1 is much better :) i think the people (friends) have more Soul.
shenmue 2 is very good too but different, kowloon is the Part wich i dont Like that much .
For me its very sad that in the begining of shenmue 2 there isnt the Story Part of the ship .
So last thing to say is sorry for my bad english
by mastapeda
Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

It's far better than AC3. I enjoyed AC3 myself (as I do the entire series), but I fully recognize its faults, and was overall a bit disappointed with it. It's such a shame that they wasted the excellent American Revolution setting on such an annoying character as Connor.
Black Flag, up to the point I'm at, remedies pretty much anything that sucked in AC3. Stealth, story, everything.
Without rambling too much on it, I think it's safe enough to say that if you like pirates you should play this one. This is probably the best pirate-based game ever made.
by OL
Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Community

New trailer for season 5 just dropped.
phpBB [video]

Even with Dan Harmon back at the reins, there still looks like there's going to be way too many gimmicks.
by Calshot
Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Omikron: the Nomad Soul

Yeah I originally played it on DC with no problems as well, awesome game. Later bought it on PC. While it is the better version for sure, no reason not to play the DC copy you already have. Release that game from its plastic prison!
by Raithos
Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One of my all-time favorite games. I first played it on the PC, through to the final boss which I couldn't beat for the life of me. Years later I got it for the Dreamcast, didn't notice any bugs or glitches, and finally beat the boss. With a joypad.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok. I just got a sealed copy of this game for my Dreamcast for cheap. But I don't know what to do with it.. After reading all the negativity on here, and pretty much everywhere else about it, I'm tempted to just keep it sealed and flip it..
Is the DC version really that bad? From what I understand it is extremely buggy on the console port, but is there more to it than just that?
Also. I'm not a big fan of Cage. Kinda loathed Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy a lot. But this game totally intrigued me: David Bowie. Futuristic RPG. A Dreamcast game.
I'm conflicted, man.
Is it at least better than Fahrenheit?

It's been years since I've played it on any format, but the DC version is the inferior one from what I still remember. I don't know if you can use the DC keyboard and mouse but if you can, do it. The FPS and Adventure segments are going to be a chore without a mouse and keyboard (I think the fighting too). I highly highly HIGHLY recommend the PC version. You can buy it cheap or freely torrent it on certain sites. Not sure if it works on Windows 8, but 7 and earlier should be fine.

And yes, it's alot better than Fahrenheit. It has better voice acting, a better atmosphere, a better storyline (might get a tad ridiculous near the end but nothing on the level of Fahrenheit), a more open-ended environment with a few places to explore, and an AMAZING soundtrack. It's one of the best I've listened to in a game and that's thanks to Xavier Despas for providing the world soundtrack. Bowie has some tracks of his own too (as you could imagine) and he does a great job acting in it as well.

You'll be happy to hear it actually has gameplay in it too. It's not like the modern QuanticDream games where you do a waggle here and there and that's it. There are actual puzzles in it (pretty hard ones where you need a pen and paper to solve), a fighting system similar to the Tekken series, First Person Shooting, and general Adventure roaming. Like I mentioned, there are a few nifty secrets tucked deeply in the game. If you like Shenmue, you'll like this game.

I speak as a HUGE HUGE fan of the game from years prior. If you dig free roaming cyper-punk worlds with an intricate conspiracy plotline, and Bowie music, you'll probably like this.
by Kenny
Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Bicycle Mod Project by James Reiner (Progress Vi

Hi all,

Just wanted to update you all and say that I might have the mod in an alpha state by Xmas Eve.

So far, Ryo is spawnning onto the bike instead of Nayouki's motorcycle.

For now, I have not been successful in implementing the above mentioned method to get the bike unlocked for normal gameplay.

I am working within the very little time I have so its taking forever.

It will be released here first in the form of a hacked iso and special save file.

I am aiming to make it work in both NullDC and official hardware.

Once I have it completely stable, I will upload a video to my youtube channel.

james
by shengoro86
Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SHENMUE CHRONICLES CHAPTER 1 (RYO'S STORY)

Yooooooo Dojo.

The Shenmue holiday special is finally in a decent state for others to play. This Demo was supposed to be released on Christmas day....however there were some serious game breaking bugs that took a while to fix. (better late than never)

READ THIS THREAD CAREFULLY TO AVOID RUNNING INTO PROBLEMS..... AND TO HAVE THE GAME RUN SMOOTHLY.

Origins Of The Game

For the past couple of weeks, I have been investigating a visual novel application known as ren'py. I have a keen interest in this engine, as I would like to one day import my own artwork into its system and create an independent title. However, since most of my drawings are not on my computer, I thought i'd use Shenmue images in it's replacement whilst i learn the language.

This game is very simple and not very deep, as it was something I just threw together whilst learning ren'py. Throughout the game, you will see a lot of unusual events that may NOT seem very "Shenmuish". Again, this is because I was trying different aspects out within the ren'py engine. Dont expect nothing groundbreaking

SHENMUE CHRONICLES CHAPTER 1 (RYO'S STORY) Beta V1.01

http://i41.tinypic.com/r0bguq.jpg

PLOT

After dealing with the Mad Angels, Ryo prepares himself for his long awaited trip to Hong Kong. The following day, he learns that Nozomi has been kidnapped again! Ryo teams up with 4 of his friends in order to rescue her. Can he find Nozomi before he has to leave the country?

This will be a 30 - 45 minute game featuring some of our favorite Shenmue characters. The story will take place after the 70 man battle, and be an alternative take on how Shenmue 1 ended.

http://i43.tinypic.com/9ft9g0.jpg

FAQS

What Are The Controls?

The game is played with the mouse.
1) Left click = continues to the next section
2) right click = access menu (save , load, options, full-screen/window etc)

How Do I Play This Game

Read the dialog on the screen. Whenever you see the blinking arrow, left click to continue. At some points you will be asked to make choices. Choose carefully :)

How Many Endings Does This Game Have?

The game has 2 endings......one good, and one bad. It will be interesting to see which one you guys get lol.

This Game Contains To Much Text And Is Boring

That's visual games for you. You either love them or hate them. I recommend taking your time with the game. Read carefully and slowly.....and don't rush through it.

Spelling And Grammar Mistakes.

Yep, I'm aware of most of the mistakes. But this is a Beta/Demo, so it does have its fair share of issues. This will be fixed in the final version. Unfortunately, I don't have the time at the moment to proof read everything.

Some Images Are Medium To Low Quality?

Most of the game has fairly decent images. However, in some instances, there are medium to low quality pictures. This is mainly seen with Nagashima and Eri. This will be fixed in the final version.

My Screen Resolution Doesn't Support This Game?

This game was created in a 800 x 600 format. If you encounter black borders on either side of the screen, adjust your screen resolution on the desktop (right click on desktop and press on properties or screen resolution).

Can I Play This In Fullscreen?

You can, but you will more than likely notice the low quality images and bad sprite rips. I recommend playing in window mode if you're a graphics or perfectionist whore. :) To run in fullscreen mode, right click to access the options menu, click on preferences, and click full screen. (You must have a fairly decent direct x driver installed, otherwise the game will crash when going fullscreen)

The Game's Font Doesn't Work On My Computer

This game uses the "Arlrdbd" font. Download it here and follow the instructions on the site to install the font.
http://www.fontsupply.com/fonts/A/Arlrdbd.html

I've Encountered An Error

Refer to the FAQs or send me a PM.

You've Included My Work And Given Me A Shoutout

There are various shout-outs and nods to some dojo members and youtubers in the game........mainly when Ryo goes to sleep. I did this out of respect, as i wanted this to be a community project for everyone on the dojo. If you have a problem with the inclusion of your work, let me no and I'll get rid of it.

Thanks For The Shoutout

No problem. Keep up the awesome work.

Why Didn't I Have A Shoutout?

Everyone on the dojo will get a shoutout in the final game.

Thanks For Making This

No problem. This is my Christmas present to the Shenmue Community

Where Are The Fight Scenes?

There are no fight scenes in the demo. Wait for the fullgame.

This Game Sucks, You Suck

Love you to. Remember, this is something I just threw together. It's not suppose to be taken seriously. Hopefully next year, we can all work on a game together to make it extra awesome.

Distribution

Please do not share the links or reupload them. Link people to this thread. This is a Beta test for hardcore shenmue fans to try out, enjoy, and give feedback in order to make the final product amazing. Please respect these terms.

What Do You Still Need To Work On?

Ha, tons of stuff. sprites, scripts, grammar checks, importing a Shenmue user interface, audio, fight scenes, extra characters, animation, intro, ending etc. This is nowhere near finished.

When's The Final Version?

For those who actually enjoyed the game, the final version will be much MUCH bigger. (New areas, characters, sequences, fight scenes, voice clips, choices, UI etc) The game will go past Shenmue 1.... and on to a certain ship :)
Final version coming 2014.

Have You Got Any Other Projects Like This?

I have many different Shenmue Demo's, but this was the only one that was in a half decent state

How Can I Say Thank You And Support Shenmue

1)Give this thread a thumbs up and thank you
2)Buy the Ryo Hazuki first four figure statue
3)Buy Ryo DLC in sonic racing transformed
4)Buy Shenmue clothing from insertcoin
5)join TeamYu.net to save Shenmue
6)Sign up to the ShenmueDojo, ShenmueMaster Website.
7)Subscribe to ziming and AdamKoralik's youtube channels.

How to install The Game

1) First install the Arlrdbd font. Download here http://www.fontsupply.com/fonts/A/Arlrdbd.html

Unzip font

Windows XP Font Install:
Drag arlrdbd.ttf into C:\Windows\Fonts - The font will automatically install.

- Windows 7/Vista Font Install:
Right click arlrdbd.ttf and then click "Install".

2)Download the base file here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pwoaa5vxsnw28wa/Project+Shen+Base+File.zip

3)Download the sound/image file here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a5gck80wtvgd7yz/Project+Shen+Sound+and+Pics.zip

4)Extract base file (winrar, winzip)

5)Extract sound/image file (winrar , winzip)

6)The extracted sound and image file should be called "archive.rpa". copy this to the game directory of the basefile.
(Project Xmas 2013 Special Demo-all/game/PLACE ARCHIVE FILE HERE)

7)Double click the Project Xmas 2013 Special Demo application icon in the main directory.

Enjoy.

@ShenmueTree, I can't wait to try out Project Sekai. It's where my original inspiration came from. :king:

I hope all you guys have an awesome XMAS holiday, and a fantastic new year. Hopefully we get more Shenmue news in 2014. :)

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ic88sj.jpg

Giorgio Let's play of the game

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55PlS7bJVQM

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrnjbBM2G-M

Enjoy
by ShenSun
Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Games You Typically Stay Away From?

The first Halo was a good game, but the rest are just decent to play if you're at your mate's gaff, nothing more. Same goes for CoD, really. I remember playing the original in my uncle's gaming room. Surround sound + perfect screen settings resulted in one of the most absorbing, nervy gaming experiences I've ever witnessed. I specifically remember being taken aback by how unimportant my presence was on the battlefield. It's probably a little too dated now, but I'd defo recommend getting it just to play the Battle of Stalingrad section. Crank the volume right up too. Was fucking immense.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Games You Typically Stay Away From?

^^I actually remember that. Stalingrad was great. At that point, I think I was even taken aback just by the fact that I was playing as a Russian soldier in the first place, since just about any WWII game I'd played up to that point was strictly US/UK characters. I have no interest in the series right now (I don't dismiss them as shit, I'm just not terribly compelled to play them), but back then it was pretty damn great.
And yeah, same with the first Halo. Still love it to this day, even though I haven't bothered with the series beyond Halo 2 (which I thought was pretty "bleh"). Really need to pick up the 360 version of the original sometime.
by OL
Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE XMAS SPECIAL GAME

You were inspired by me, now I am inspired by you. Funny how that works. :D

Haha, awesome.

I can't wait for project Sekai. It looks like it will have a very strong narrative. This is something I would like to learn, as I wish to get into storytelling in the future.

Also, the animated backgrounds and weather effects are EPIC!!!!!

It looks like the engine that you are using has a lot more freedom and resources.

Either way, Shenmue fans are in for a real treat over the next few months. 2 visual novels, on 2 different engines, by 2 different developers. It's going to be fantastic.

Thanks for checking out my project.

@BigTuna. Thanks for your kind words and for playing the game. Congrats on getting the good ending. :)

@Spindash :mrgreen:
by ShenSun
Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things you just noticed (recent playthroughs)

Minor things I noticed last night when playing Shenmue 1 was I left the game because I couldn't be bothered to hear about that fucking cat anymore the game just selected which food to give it in which Megumi didn't tell me about Yamagashi-San and then I had to go see sumiya-San and the old lady didn't appear till I did and yagamashi San said "sorry but I'm not well ryo"

And also while asking for the men in black suits mid sentence talking to shinkichi-san he says "wait ryo I'm not finished yet" when talking about nozomi because I pressed the right trigger to run.
by C..
Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

So I'm going to treat this as the general Batman thread.

As a continuation of Batman's 75th anniversary, DC has released another short.
phpBB [video]
by Calshot
Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Yeah. Sorry. Until an hd version is released or something, I'm done with the Dojo. Someone mentions Shenmue in some pr scrawl and you guys jump at the chance to celebrate that there's a chance. The same shit, and for YEARS. Yeah, I'm done. I'll be replaying these games via emulator, but you can count me out on being a part of such a naive, gullible, desperate community. Shenmue is dead, guys.

That's fine if you refuse to believe the hype. Hell, I've given up on it myself. The last chance we had to get the sequel we've wanted came and went as soon as we made it to the PS3/360/Wii era systems in my opinion, but I'd maybe cool it with the insulting comments toward others for having hope. Nobody is required to feel the same way you do about the situation, and throwing around condescending words only shows how insecure you are. Frankly, if it means one less person throwing gasoline on the fire of hatred, I support your departure.
by BallisticFaceGuy
Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue HD Remaster (Fan Made)

http://s24.postimg.org/rlc6orddh/Shenmue_HD.jpg

A project to remaster Shenmue in HD is being made by South Koreans fans of the game. Not much is known about the project or how far they will go to finishing it. Demonstration videos below:

Multimedia: Dobuita Video | Yu Arcade Video | Screenshots
by Ziming
Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Raise of file size limit for avatars?

I wanted to ask, if the administrators would be willing to increase the file size limit for avatars on the forums.
I would appreciate if it could be raised a bit. 100kb would be great and even 75kb would be enough for that image size.

You see, 50kb are just way to limited for the image size. I made a nicer version of my avatar just now and I have to go down to quality level 3 of 12 in order to meet the size limit. Naturally the resulting image quality is not pleasant at all anymore.

UDATE: I found that saving the image as a gif allows the file to be much smaller. I saved it as a 256 color gif and it's only 25kb now and it doesn't show any loss in detail and quality. Might be worth trying around with different formats depending on the image you want to use.
Still it would be nice if the limit could be raised so that the users can just use standard JPEGs or even high quality PNGs where it's possible.
by BlueMue
Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue on Co-Optitude

I like their reaction when Ryo "drop" Ine-san xD :rotflmao:
by Esppiral
Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

I missed the AMA. Ended up gong to a con in Sac at the last minute. Kinda bummed out. Did anyone ask about the possibility of a bicycle being implemented into Shen3? It's the one thing I wish they kept in the first game.

It's still going on

Thank you! I asked him. It's doubtful, but I'm hoping for the possibility.

Lol I just asked him for you before this post go back a page on here to see the link. Link me yours and I will upvote it as well so we got the question out there twice for double the chance.
by Anthony817
Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I missed the AMA. Ended up gong to a con in Sac at the last minute. Kinda bummed out. Did anyone ask about the possibility of a bicycle being implemented into Shen3? It's the one thing I wish they kept in the first game.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3ahcwf/i_am_yu_suzuki_new_posting/csco23l

Vote it up if you want him to answer it. :P
by Anthony817
Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BigTuna wrote: I missed the AMA. Ended up gong to a con in Sac at the last minute. Kinda bummed out. Did anyone ask about the possibility of a bicycle being implemented into Shen3? It's the one thing I wish they kept in the first game.

It's still going on
by flip
Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's still going on

Thank you! I asked him. It's doubtful, but I'm hoping for the possibility.

Lol I just asked him for you before this post go back a page on here to see the link. Link me yours and I will upvote it as well so we got the question out there twice for double the chance.

Dude! Rad! Haha
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3ahcwf/i_am_yu_suzuki_new_posting/csco1ek

EDIT: You asked it in a much nicer way than I did. Very specific and detailed. Nice job. Thank you! I upvoted, of course.

Aw thanks.

Yours has more votes now than mine lets hope it gets answered! :mrgreen:
by Anthony817
Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm really against the English dub, as this would take out a huge chunk of budget that could have been allocated in other more important aspects of the game.

Can't tell if trolling or not.

But I'll bite anyway.

You do realize that a HUGE part of the fan base speaks English, right?

And do you really think the game will sell at all (to anyone other than rabid fans and even then not so much) if there is no English dub?

When I was working at a video store and Pan's Labyrinth came out, people were PISSED that it was only in Spanish. That movie was INCREDIBLE.

I seriously cannot believe that anyone could have this opinion. It's just beyond absurd.
by HedlessChickn
Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q: Any possibility of a bicycle finally being added to Shenmue 3? Thank you so much again, Yu!

A: There is a 60 horsepower bike in Shenmue 1. For Shenmue, 3 I was thinking about something with 1 horsepower.
by Himuro
Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets remake the Kickstarter video

The followintg vid shows some clips of.good.fight scenes. U may wnt to add a section demonstrating the in depth combat system.

https://youtu.be/DOdMH6MSa30
by 7heavens
Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: youtubers

I also would advise that although AlphaOmegaSin has one of the more popular Youtube channels there's also a ton of people who hate him on message boards and the like so if he's included I would be careful that he not be too much infront.
I may be wrong, but AlphaOmegaSin already done video about shenmue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9lkA52XB4o
by JohnBlack
Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PS4 Physical Version - Email reply

Hi all, I have no idea if others on here have mentioned this already if they received a similar email, but below is the response I received today outlining (ish...) the stance on a physical PS4 version.

I asked the question on KS the day after it began:

Ys Net says:
Hello Luke,
Thank you very much for your message.
We understand there have been many requests; however there are currently no plans to produce a physical reward for the PS4.

As to why there are no current plans for a PS4 version, we are very sorry, but are unable to answer at this time. We know this may not be the answer you had hoped for, but please understand that indeed, your comments have been heard and passed on to Ys Net and Yu Suzuki.

Your feedback is what will make the this Kickstarter really succeed, and we cannot thank you enough. The day is come that we are finally able to enjoy what we have waited so long for with the return of Shenmue and we hope we can count on your continued support to bring back, and make Shenmue 3 the best game it can be.

Oscar &
The Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Team

----------

If people have received similar and it's been mentioned I apologise but thought I would put it in case not!
by rensbandanna
Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Walk above Sakuragaoka glitch

This easy to perform glitch allows you to walk high above the streets in Sakuragaoka.
You'll simply need to position Ryo near the shown wall with his feet at two different heights and wait for the nightfall.

This was originally discovered by someone else but I made a video myself anyway just to show more of the area with better quality then the original did.

https://youtu.be/rcSEpg1Z5t8
by BlueMue
Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Updated Ryo Model

Just shown on the Twitch stream. Still not finished and apparently will be much better.

by Riku Rose
Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Walk above Sakuragaoka glitch

Thanks for liking my channel and the video guys!

Yes, this can be done on the Dreamcast, that's where I captured it from. It should work on all versions. I just did it with the Debug Beta for convenience.
by BlueMue
Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corey Marshall in negotiations to reprise role as Ryo Hazuki

http://i.imgur.com/d9loPAf.jpg

Q: Will the original voice actors reprise their roles?

YS: I auditioned Masaya Matsukaze and Corey Marshall for Shenmue I & II, and I believe their voices are perfect for Ryo’s voice. So I’d definitely like to have them reprise the role again this time. We’re currently in negotiations and I’m sure they will both be happy to do so, so please look forward to that.

Links: Corey Marshall's Twitter | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Page | News Archive
by Ziming
Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

The way the Q&A was handled yesterday was a debacle, that's for certain. However we need to come together as a community and bury it. Let's push forward for the sake of the Kickstarter, Shenmue III and Suzuki-san. At this point we can offer constructive criticism (there is another thread for the Twitch stream) and continue on with our own separate efforts.

I should not need to say this, but I will. We do not support or condone any form of personal attacks within this community. Let's carry on as we always have, positively and respectfully. That is the voice other parties will pay attention to, respect and trust. Thank you.
by Yama
Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue II too big ?

I don't think Shenmue II was too big, I think the game needed to be to truly convey Ryo's journey from "hometown" to foreign metropolis. The player should feel lost at first. But I do think SII's epic size detracted from the intricate details which made Shenmue so immersive. For me, NPC routines, Ryo's forklift job, waiting (whether you like it or not) made the original game feel more like an "experience", almost a life simulator (well, for a 1999 videogame anyway).

The terrible jobs in II and overly helpful NPC's sorta dented the true "immersion factor" for me. I know HK / Kowloon are big environments, but the NPC guide feature felt really strange. Who guides a complete stranger across 3 Quarters, walking 5 paces ahead of them and making no conversation? Apparently everyone!

Detail / scope is a trade off I guess. I know I'm dreaming now, but if they can balance the size of II with the immersion of I in Shenmue III, I'll die happy.
by Mystere
Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

phpBB [video]
by silent killer
Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Burning Utopia Disks with ImgBurn

For booting games, Utopia is no longer the best option.

Utopia only existed to add a boot sector to a non-selfboot game. Mainly for Dead or Alive 2 way back in the early scene days.

For best results, use codebreaker:
http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/dreamcast/other/codebreaker-cracked-with-bootloader/

Burn the larger file that is not the bootloader. You can then launch region freely if you use with or without codes in the menu.

To burn I usually use Alcohol 120% as I got best results with that program.

As for IMGBurn, you can just burn it normally if you have the plugins to support CDI files.

Worst case scenario, you can PM me and I'll send you a disc if you paypal me the shipping.
by shengoro86
Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The pixel-sized hole in Ryo's head

If this bothers you that much, NEVER play on an emulator :lol:

But similarly this reminded me of Tomb Raider on the PS2 where rotating the camera often got you inside Lara Croft's head (terrifyingly).

by sh0ckw4ves
Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

If you get annoyed that something is in your face too much then that's only because you let it. In this day and age there is so much choice for what you can do that you can avoid anything you don't want. I go to news sites that cater to topics I'm interested in so I have no idea what celebrity's are wearing or what's going on in the NFL as I don't care. People moan about the fact there is too many superhero movies and too much Star Wars mania but if you really wanted to you could avoid it.

That would be too easy though so the internet decides to moan about it.
by Riku Rose
Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

phpBB [video]

Some trailer break down observations. I think my body is ready for more star wars than we can shake a stick at!
by AnimeGamer183
Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Youtubers who will likely play Shenmue III

although they don't really review games (they do have a ton of viewers). the guys at gamesack love shenmue according to them in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX0cRztKrRs

they even built their own lucky hit!
by drunkensailor
Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What new open world features do you want to see?

From a reddit ama:

Q: Any possibility of a bicycle finally being added to Shenmue 3? Thank you so much again, Yu!

A: There is a 60 horsepower bike in Shenmue 1. For Shenmue, 3 I was thinking about something with 1 horsepower.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3ahcwf/i_am_yu_suzuki_new_posting/
by Monkei
Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

S3 gameplay - Movement style and controls

I recently found this very impressive demo of Longmire Locomotion's Advanced Locomotion System V1 for Unreal4 . With some minor adjustments I feel it would perfect for Shenmue 3 imo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN8iabNjuoA

Briefly my idea of Shenmue 3 movement would be as follows:

Full 360 3d movement and 360 camera movement by default, aka Yakuza, LA noire etc BUT; if you partially depress the L2 trigger Ryo goes into 'strafe style' movement similar to a third person shooter, with the camera moving directly behind Ryo in the classic style of the originals, aka. with FULL REAR PROFILE (NOT OVERSHOULDER). you then control Ryo's gaze with the right stick much like the originals except you wouldn't lose full movement control in the process.

When the L trigger is fully depressed you zoom into first person mode where you can lock onto objects and interact with them just like the originals. (you can also stay locked into first person mode by pressing R3 without needing to keep L2 depressed)

Dedicated jumping wouldn't be necessary, but there would be many contextual based interactions, like climbing and vaulting which you perform by pressing R2.

Exact controls:
L stick - 360 3d movement walk/jog
R stick - 360 camera, (controls gaze while in L2 strafe mode)
L2 -trigger - strafe movement style, camera zoom/lock on, first person if depressed fully
R2- trigger - hold to sprint while pushing forward on L stick, also allows you to push through crowds, also other contextual movement based actions (vaulting, climbing ect.)
R3 - toggle into first person mode (without needing to hold L2)
L1 - view wrist watch, then press square to activate the back-light, or press x to initiate time-skip feature.
R1- press to look in direction of NPC partner, double tap to call NPC partner, keep button held when next to Shenhua to hold her hand and lead her
X - speak, confirm, read signs - hold to bring up dialogue tree
O- assign inventory object to this button to show to npcs, to get more information about it, or give as gift or other.
Square - general context based interaction, e.g. open doors, interact with vendors, insert sword of seven stars into plinth etc.
Triangle - inventory, hold to view move list
Options - pause
Touch pad button - open notebook, turn pages by swiping left/right
hold touch pad button to open map
D-pad - classic dreamcast movement
by johnvivant
Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S3 gameplay - Movement style and controls

no no... NO!
the camera should stick behind Ryo all the fucking time except for zoom into objects just like it was before.
and they should stick with Tank control not 360 degree movement crap.

I think this would be a recipe for getting savaged in reviews. Keep tank controls as an option but have an updated control scheme as default. There's a reason why they're called "tank" controls and not "natural human motion" controls. This is supposed to be a game for millions of people, not just the players from the Dreamcast era. It should be possible to cater to both.
by Centrale
Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

I'm sure we will get an update. They tend to record the rev room stuff in bulk.
by Himuro
Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

Someone said they don't update on the weekends so we might have to wait for next week.
by The_Intruder
Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #66 - Yu-san on story-building

It was my idea to send Yu a fruit basket. I also floated the idea of sending wine but Yu seems to have the alcohol covered.

In order to send the basket we need to contact someone who works on the project. I was thinking we could ask Alimn if we could send the team to say thanks for the hard work. Who can get into contact with Alimn?
by Himuro
Sat May 06, 2017 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic