Search found 979 matches

Return

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Interfaces

Remember our prior discussion about interfaces? Well, the points that I praised on the xbone's behalf will soon be meaningless it seems: MS are overhauling the xbone (in a big way) for the 4th time (2nd time this year) and according to what's been said by those in the alpha test ring, things are really not looking good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/6sjmmz/the_case_against_the_new_xbox_ui/

*sigh* they need to do something about this quick, there's hardly anything redeeming about this new UI other than a more versatile guide which is has now introduced new issues.

And remember how the ads didn't bother me because they were visually nice/lively and ordered neatly in a column on the right. Yeah, that's no longer the case, they're right front centre now looking out of place and annoying, presenting things as 'suggested content'.

The home area itself looks to be a visually awful and the fact that they're removing some features (like 50% of pins) baffles me what's going on there. I sincerely hope they reconsider releasing this and think things through a little better what they're actually doing. You gotta question there focus sometimes, they we on the right direction until now.

Honestly, if you haven't already sold your xbone and are content with your other platforms (PC, PS4 etc) now might be a good time to give it some thought. I'm still sticking with it as the majority of my games library/friends is on there and still enjoying what's here and the things to come like backwards compat etc but if you don't have those ties, might be worth reconsidering.

Just thought this was worth bringing up. Let's hope at least sony/PS4 is going in an upwards direction with v5.0...

I saw a news post about that and thought oh good! Then saw its basically still a jumbled mess, just in a different way. In some ways trying to be more like PS4 and Switch yet missing the point altogether still.
Doesn't really change my desire to sell the thing or not. System still doesn't have the games I want and for the foreseeable future. Just need a tipping point like wanting something else enough and being strapped for cash.
by Axm
Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

The environments look great.
Everything else, no.
by Axm
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Give me your friend codes.
Mine is
SW-6600-3863-0131
by Axm
Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Hopefully the game comes to PC.. atleast eventually. Surprised to learn recently that RDR1 never came to PC.
by Axm
Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What are you currently playing?

Just had a heart attack with my new 5K iMac.
Incredible optimization by Turn 10 that im able to play Forza 7 at native 4K and 60fps with only the occasional dropped frame. All at high settings and never overclocked the computer at all.
The colors, the motion, the feels. Just holy mother of god..
BUT I played the demo. I didn’t buy the game and wont be for the foreseeable future. Why? Because they completely left out car part modding and customization. Like wtf.. what a shame. Maybe I’ll take a look at Project Cars 2 now..
by Axm
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

I disagree with that sentiment. The fans have been begging for this for years and years. It comes up every single Blizzcon. And Blizzard at every turn has said no. If anything, I don't think they had any intention of every launching a Vanilla server and caved solely due to mounting pressure from the player base. Hardcore fans launching their own private vanilla servers and making money off their property was probably the last straw. If they don't provide it, a fan will.
I will definitely play Vanilla WoW if they do include quest tracking and the dungeon finder.
And especially if they leave the gameplay exactly as is where you can grind kite 50 mobs at once. Sick pleasure.
by Axm
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

So it's kind of weird, but watching the current Olympics has made me develop an extreme appreciation for figure skating. I've honestly never given a shit about the Olympics before; other people pretend to care, but it's always seemed awfully shallow to me that most only pay attention to any of these events once every four years, and tend to only care about their own country's participants. But whatever the case, somehow figure skating has sunken its claws into me. So much to the extent that I think it might actually develop into a major interest far outside of the Olympics themselves.
I've never taken an interest in any sports or athletic events before, but it occurs to me that this is one of the few that legitimately doubles as an art form, and that's appealing as hell . Some of the performances during the Olympics were actually beautiful enough to hit me in the same way a great piece of music might, where you get lost in how oddly mesmerizing it can be. If I were a younger man, I might have been inspired.
So yeah, never thought I'd say it, but I love this stuff.

It’s been nothing but Hanyu Hanyu Hanyu on TV here. Every station is all about him. Poor Uno-kun. He’s good too. Fernandez also an ace. Ya.. I like the figure skating too. Well maybe it’s more of a respect for the difficulty.
by Axm
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

^Completely agree.

And also HOLY SHIT SHENMUE HD COLLECTION..
by Axm
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Guys.. we did it. After all the hastags and pestering and waiting and wondering... wonder no longer. This is real life.. I cant believe we will all be able to walk into a store sometime THIS YEAR and buy the games that started it all again.
I mean think about it..many of us will also download too but, we will all be able to hold a brand new shrink wrapped Shenmue game to peel open and put into a system again.
It's gonna be like I'm 13 again.
Simply mind blowing.
by Axm
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

Looks like ill be buying all 2 for every system so 6 total.
by Axm
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The possibility of HD Saves carrying over to Shenmue III

It would be amazing if Shenmue 3 would at the least maybe just do a check of your hdd for the Shenmue 1&2 saves and award you an original item or even a move scroll.
by Axm
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic