Search found 979 matches

Return

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

I personally dont like the 1-10 or 0-100% scale. Its pointless to have the range that high when anything below 60% or a 6 is considerd sub par or poor.
Id appriciate more 1-5 scales and labels such as "pass" "rent" "buy". Its just more practical to real life judgement. Nobdy really cares about .5% of differences just if the game is worth your time and money.
by Axm
Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Finally have a day off tomorrow after 2 weeks strait of work. Maybe ill finally be able to finish RE6.
by Axm
Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anti-jokes

The following is from a sophisticated and successful black man.

I got high ...grades in college, which lead to this great job opportunity .
I'd hit that ...putt pretty hard, the greens seem slow today.
I got weed ...killer from Home Depot today.
Look at all the booty ...I found while treasure hunting.
I've got lots of hoes ...in the shed next to my garden.
I hit it so hard last night ...at the gym.
Today I scored some ...goals in the company soccer game.
If the glove don't fit ...then don't worry, I have a gift receipt and you can exchange it no problem.
I was surrounded by police ...at the local neighborhood watch meeting.
Nothing better than a good 40 ...1K, my wife and I will be able to retire one day.
My dad used to beat me ...at Pac Man when I was younger.
Taking shots ...of my family to put on our Christmas cards this year.

Credit to Yama for finding this on twitter. We had a good laugh. At 2am everything's funnier.
http://twitter.com/SuccessAndBlack
by Axm
Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biohazard

Just finished RE6's all four scenario's. Messed around with the extra mode's too. Damn this game just has so much content worthy of the $60. Capcom could have easily thrown Ada's 10 hours in as DLC and everyone would have expected that of them, but they didnt and im glad they decided to keep all the content unified as it should be. Cant argue with a solid 30-40 hour action game.
Very satisfied with this entry. It's a game ill actually go back to every once in awhile. Leon and Ada's chapters were the best. Jake's was also pretty good minus some of qte's. However I will never touch Chris chapters ever again. Eww..
Overall I give the game a 3.5/5 not the best in the series, but it certainly holds its own against 4 and 5. Controls take some getting used to but in the end it's a real refinement. Change that ugly cross hair sight that comes by default back to the laser sighting of 4 and 5, kill the HUD and you get a much better way to play the game how it should have come by default. It has about a million times more and better story then those two others combined aswell.
Squash some of the minor bugs, improve hit detection and half the amount of QTE's and it would have been tied with RE4 for me.
by Axm
Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ive been through lots of hurricanes when I lived in Florida and a couple typoons when I was in Japan. Not to mention lots of earthquakes here in California.
Natural desasters are serious business in my life. When you're kayaking down your street to get to a friends house and dont have power for days you realize you got to be prepared better next time. I hope people are prepared for it right now.But I hope more its not going to be a big deal.
by Axm
Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

Grats on the vita AG. You're gonna love it. Im sure you are already. That white looks great. I remember when I first moved to Japan and got the white PSP when it wasnt out in the U.S yet. I was hyped on it.

As for apps you gotta get youtube. The screen looks so impressive playing HD video's off it. Just saw some of the Halo 4 reviews on it and was like wow, I should be watching more youtube on this thing. Because of the resolution and screen size it looks better then my iPad 2 sometimes!
Then theirs Nico Nico.. if you wanna perv out on some Japanese girls doing live public video chats then.. ya do that. Kinda suspect but eh, sometimes ill tune into someone and mess with them as ill understand their japanese and then reply in broken english for fun. Went into some room with a Metal Gear Solid fan discussion the other day. That kinda stuff. Some people play their instruments. Guitars, DJ's. Pretty cool. Alot of people broadcast their screens while they play games.
by Axm
Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Assassins Creed Series

They must be super picky. I havent finished the game yet but its a solid 9/10 or 4.5/5 for me so far. Gameplay, side missions and everything else extra is imo some of the best parts. Then the main story is just infinitely better then the last two combined imo. Ya he's no Ezio, but thats like saying theirs no rocket straped to your jet pack.
by Axm
Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Completely agree OL. Seems like they didnt want to show too much emotion with Connor, as if trying to not offend anyone who would claim generalizations or racism on fox news. So instead we get someone low key and too cool for school.
But atleast I dont dislike him thats for sure. He can be very fitting to the fake role he plays in all these historicly acurate events.

Bugs aside this game is a step in the right direction for the series. 1 was bland and too repetative, 2 was a huge improvement but at times felt like a chore. 3 refines every department and you couldnt feel more like you're a part of history.
The hunting and naval battles alone could indeed been their own spin off game.
Im on chapter 8 now and am about to get to new york. Cant wait to get off work everyday to play this.
by Axm
Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite move and why?

MiTT3NZ wrote:Predictive Explosion...

Sometimes I do Predictive Explosion on Joy when I run past her on the way to White Dynasty qr.
by Axm
Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fox News is shitting themselves. :D
by Axm
Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Shhh.. they are having le sex.

by Axm
Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Job creators my ass. I hate pricks like that. Get another job man. Just do it, anything else. I read your other posts too. Good luck with the job hunt.
by Axm
Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just got the Ezio Trilogy. Quite awesome. I platinum'd AC2 when it came out but never did dlc or played Brotherhood or Revelations. Heck I loved AC2 ill play through the main story again just for fun. Ezio is a pimp.
by Axm
Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

Im also in the middle of season 2 of Walking Dead. Show is amazing.
by Axm
Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yup and cause of my birthday. Mostly cause of my birthday..
by Axm
Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anniversary - Broadway Tickets or Concert Tix

I saw Chicago when I was in N.Y. wasnt that expensive and could buy them same day at the theater itself.
by Axm
Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lincoln

I was interested for a while until I found out that it's all about the month leading up to the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation.
I thought it was going to cover the lesser-known stuff, the other aspects of his presidency that people rarely cover. An entire presidency isn't just about a single signed document. And yet that's all we ever get to learn about Lincoln.
"He freed the slaves."
He was a president during one of the most important wars in our history for chrissakes. There is a lot of ground you could cover with that. A single document signed more so to win back support from the British is not the only notable thing to his name. He wasn't anywhere near as altruistic toward the plight of the slaves as we all like to think, and yet that's exactly the portrayal we're getting from this movie (going on about "human dignity" and whatnot; basically misinforming people about who he was).
Actual quote from the Lincoln Memorial itself:
"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union."

I don't doubt that the movie will be really good, I'm just irritated at the single-mindedness everyone seems to have about Lincoln. I'd be very happy with a movie that covers his actual presidency , but from what I've heard, that's not what this one is about at all. Just another rambling on the "he freed the slaves" subject.

I'll likely end up seeing it (I'm in an American history class at the moment, and we're moving into the Civil War era soon), I'm just disappointed at what I've caught glimpses of so far.
I would agree with you fully except for the matter that this was a political struggle he had to deal with too.
And despite his openly shared opinion many times AGAINST slavery he, just as Romney did so often, had to pander to his base and to the center of the isle and in Lincoln's case, do it in the middle of a war no less. Lest we forget, (and I dont assume you do just saying) the Civil War was well into effect while this legislation was still trying to be passed. So while he didnt want slavery to spread any further he ofcourse valued the preservation of the union above all. How could you blame him? The economic fall out from cutting the cord to the south would have destroyed the country. It was not in his and the country's best interest to value an idealistic separatist revolution over the prospects of maintaining the Union while defeating the Confederacy and abolishing slavery by force. The right way.
So he pandered and he flip flopped.. he did what any politician in his situation would of had to do, but lets see how he really felt..

Speech at Peoria, Illinois
October 16, 1854
"I can not but hate the declared indifference for slavery's spread. I hate it because of the monstrous injustice of slavery itself. I hate it because it deprives our republican example of its just influence in the world enables the enemies of free institutions, with plausibility, to taunt us as hypocrites causes the real friends of freedom to doubt our sincerity, and especially because it forces so many really good men amongst ourselves into an open war with the very fundamental principles of civil liberty criticizing the Declaration of Independence, and insisting that there is no right principle of action but self-interest."

Speech at Chicago, Illinois
July 10, 1858
"I have always hated slavery, I think as much as any Abolitionist."

To James N. Brown
October 18, 1858
"I have made it equally plain that I think the negro is included in the word "men" used in the Declaration of Independence."

Speech at Cincinnati, Ohio
September 17, 1859
"I think Slavery is wrong, morally, and politically. I desire that it should be no further spread in these United States, and I should not object if it should gradually terminate in the whole Union."

and while I realize the movie is probably a gross exageration of these sentiments, I just love good acting. I like concept of a crazy idealistic Lincoln. And id like to see the movie in its entirety before I pass too much judgement.
by Axm
Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lincoln

Fuck I'm so hyped for this movie.
Comes out tomorrow. Reviews are already praising it up and down. The cast is perfect. Soundtrack is on point.
Im gonna try and see it tomorrow or saturday.

Lets discuss!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_PfTl63qQQ[/youtube]
by Axm
Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Damn Peter.. I cussed aloud just now. But I had a feeling it was going to happen. You're not posting anymore either? Well please reconsider that aspect when you have the time and desire. I'll atleast be able to keep up with you on FB. Thanks for being a mod and sticking with it for aslong as you did, especially when I stepped down before. I know how you feel obviously. Although before it was quite easy for me to leave with how many active mods we had and who we had that made it even easier of a decision. Im sure its bitter sweet for you. When do you bounce? (get it? because kangaroo.. :lol: )
by Axm
Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peter is gonna find a hot aussie girl and jump the shark I just know it. Make sure to forget the rubbers mate. I know you got a little white micheal phelps you want to win gold in there.
by Axm
Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lincoln

So I just saw the movie tonight. Really liked it lot. Would of loved it though if their were more to it then the 13th amendment. More coverage of the battles and of Lincolns life past the single year that is delt with. Granted all that was included in the movie was very important and to cover all the previous suggested would of had to have been a cable tv series to do it all justice.

To OL, without spoiling much, just see the movie and im sure you will appriciate the level of Lincoln's represention in respect to slavery. I dont feel it was too far from historical accuracies or past what you've seen in trailers. And certainly in comparison to some of the Republican representatives, he is quite subdued in his feelings and would rather accomplish both tasks of passing the 13th amendment and ending the war equally. In his and the republicans position at the time, he had the upper hand to end slavery so it makes sense to fight for it before ending the war.

Really the movie should be seen by all Americans as it is extremely important ofcourse historically, but also to grasp a solid understanding in how our executive and legislative government works. In its advantages and draw backs.
And you cant help but feel the undertones of a certain other piece of legislation that was passed under Obama. Atleast thats what I felt from it.
by Axm
Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

Eww...
by Axm
Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Awww yeaaa

by Axm
Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does anyone else just loath the new PS Store? Sure it looks nice but it performs and functions like shit. Especially after this new recent update to it things seem to be even worse. I was downloading some demos off it, which btw takes forever with its 12 step process in getting one to go through, and while one was proessing to the que my damn system locks up and I had no other choice but to yank the back power cable. Never have I had to resort to that with my slim ps3.
I'll take back a fast and non broken old store over this pos any day.
I suggest people stay away from it for awhile if youre concerned about your ps3 not bricking or corrupting your hdd.
by Axm
Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just finished AC3 before picking up P4G today. AC3 was a great game. Flawed in some departments but overall well worth the time and money. If the dlc proves to have lengthy enough content ill even get the season pass.
by Axm
Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone good at Video Editing?

I do abit. Nothing special. But here's something recently I did with a friend on the way up to a car show.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VorZb5aqv8[/youtube]
by Axm
Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pics of pets and places.

Pic's I took of my friends dog at a recent car show.

by Axm
Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was just amazed a second ago about how good this year's actually been for games imo. So I took a picture of all the games I actually purchased this year.
Kinda amazing.. how much money I spent...
I know alot of sequels but still, damn fine ones and overall a good example of how good console gaming becomes when a generation hit's it's maturity.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5917/dsc06029ci.jpg

More next Xbox rumblings.

http://kotaku.com/5964451/another-report-says-the-next-xbox-is-launching-in-november-2013
by Axm
Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Personally I dont care so much these days if its Final Fantasy 47 or Gangnam Style Adventures. If its a good game it deserves merit for its accomplishments. Theirs only so far you can take the sequalz and portz is ruined teh video games arguement before you end up in the corner with the other D&D table top players. Heck Nintendo has built generations of "recycled" games to us but we still buy them and love them because they inovate with new gameplay or graphical aspects. Same goes now with Microsoft, Sony and pretty much any large game company. Its always been like this. The only reason its more noticable these days is because the gaming industry has grown to such a gigantic level.
In short I just wanted to share a pic of how much I actually dug all these games that came out this year, regardless of history.
by Axm
Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed 3, Halo 4, Persona Arena, Gravity Rush, Boarderlands 2, Forza 4.
All amazing games imo, sequels or not, that only came out in this year.
So dont treat me like I dont deserve to be satisfied with my own opinion. Obviously you take yourself and your opinion more seriously then it needs to be. Let me have my mainstream games and ill let you get back to whatever elitest hardcore real shit that keeps you so underground and legit over everyone else.
by Axm
Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

Miles look good sir. And you got that jacket too I see.
Damn everyones getting it. I should probably too.. It seems nice.
by Axm
Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So what do you do?

Finished my degree awhile ago. I work for a telecom company now in business sales for the past 2 years. I make good money, which is important because when I move back to Japan a year from now ill need plenty to buy/recondition a house, get a hybrid car and have some kids.

Actually never talked about this one before because of NDA and I didnt care to discuss it, but I actually used to work for Sony Computer Entertainment here in San Diego for about a year in the QA dept. Went in as a temp, writing up bugs and braking games. I got promoted to full permanent within my first few projects. I worked on quite a few small and big titles out there and you can actually find my name in the credits of some games. I also worked with the Move controller in some of the launch games before it came out.
I found the work at first to be very nice. I liked Sony as a company alot and they have great offices. I got along with alot of the people there which is why I got promoted relatively quickly. But once I was in with more of the higher ups their were people that really rubbed me the wrong way, who were on power trips and one person in particular that had it in for me big time because of a misunderstanding. I felt like my job was being threatened because of it, so I found a new higher paying job somewhere else, (where I am currently) and was done with it asap. The work was getting tedious and destroying my love for games anyways. But ill always value that time cause I can say I worked in the industry and for Sony at that. Which looks great on my resume.
by Axm
Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Anime

Id love a Shenmue anime. More specificly one that covers material and events other than those weve already seen in game. Such as life with Iwao before his death, Ryo growing up, Back story of Fuuku san, Nozomi, Ryo's friends. All that. Theirs alot of potential to help develop a more detailed universe there.
by Axm
Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RPG's thoughts/news doesn't fit elsewhere

Ni no kuni demo was amazing. My wife liked it too and said she'll probably want to play it some or atleast watch/listen to the music. Very lovely game.
by Axm
Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yokosuka Martian wrote: Image

Happy Holidays!

They wear those ID tags on the side of their arm so they can have someone come around and scan them like products or something? Thats fucked up.
by Axm
Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Its almost Christmas/Hanukkah = Time For Replay

I will be playing 1 and 2 starting on the 22nd. \:D/
by Axm
Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic