Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6oYMtqZk4Y[/youtube]
by KiBa
Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming Merchandise & Collections

Here it is:

Basically a french translation of his autobiography, includes a new introduction, and other small edits.
This "deluxe edition" is hardcover, and has a few extra pages (mainly pictures of his documents, etc)
by Vyse Hazuky
Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXvBg3ELYRI[/youtube]
by Brothaman
Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jet Set Radio on XBLA and PSN

Axm wrote: If they made me renew a whole year for this I would do it. But thats just me. Im gonna be getting funky today thats for sure.

I would but leaving the country and where I'm going internet connections are too slow to make PS+ worthwhile, I'll just wait for the 19th lol
by south carmain
Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Also on a side note, i am so fucking uber pumped right now since i am on my way down to my parents house and i am gonna get my Dreamcast out of storage and get stuck into replaying Shenmue! It was just a bit too much, knowing that i couldnt play it one last time before leaving to go travelling! :D

Ah nice, enjoy! :D

Oh i will!!!! Just overwhelmed with nostalga right now!! Start off by watching the Project Berkley GDRom, then move onto Whats Shenmue, then Shenmue and finally Shenmue II. :D :D

BOOM!!!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/20120911_201241.jpg
by Peter
Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Oddest Food You Had (Or Wanna Try)

Not really odd outside of america but while I was in western asia I ate quite a bit of sheep and their guts. Not really a huge fan of it, but the only other meat that was available was chicken and they were busy laying eggs for us.

I also ate snake, it was actually pretty delicious. Was a bit of a hassle to eat because of all the bones, though.

I am about to head to Japan in a little bit, I'm expecting to eat a lot of weird crap.
by Mr. Frozen
Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't even know what's been referred to. In other news, Image
by Yokosuka Martian
Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Funny what a little change can do.
by Who Really Cares?
Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yokosuka Martian wrote: I don't even know what's been referred to. In other news, Image

by Dorian
Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He's doing something better, he's getting to make some of his own games. Including one for the Vita I think.
by Spokane
Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yea, doing QA is basically punishment lol
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old School Dojo-ers

For some reason the Xzibit one sounds familiar. Just remember the name sort of. Not much.

by Spokane
Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Resident Evil

The most interesting plot lines in Biohazard 4 were not part of the forefront, that's the problem. Ada's Report and everything that went along with it was acceptable.

And yes, Lisa's story in Rebirth was perfect. In fact Rebirth is perfect. Along with Biohazard 2, definitely the most solid title in the series in my opinion.
by Yama
Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

Here's one of me walking through Dobuita st. during the day.

Here's one at the New Yokosuka Harbor!

by ShOzO MiZuKi
Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue inspired trips to japan topic

Hey lavrentis very cool, I have very similar pictures from my trip! Heres a cool one of Dobuita at night

http://i.imgur.com/9sHn2.jpg

I think mue26 and me nearly ran into each other, maybe we have even seen each other at the Asakusa Festival when the portable shrines got carried around.

Hey Kyodai I was at that festival too! We were on the news and everything. We stayed at hotel Asakusa which is about 3 blocks from there.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

May I just say that this might be the greatest thread I've ever seen on a forum. You guys rock, and it's nice to be able to post again.

:)
by Martin
Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So whatever happened to...

I have no doubts that Shenmue HD DLC will be released. I just feel it will be the last to be released for 2 reasons:

1. "Save the best til last". It really is the most talked about game of the Dreamcasts tenure. Wether you loved it or hated, it it still got people talking. Someone severely hating Shenmue and thinking its boring is as valuable to me in terms of its legacy because its as much an emotion given towards it, so its re-release will be the most talked about game from the Dreamcasts list of games. Also, its easily the biggest game, in terms of size, following, and legacy so its a good game to possibly be the last Dreamcast title to be released, at least for a sustained period of time.

2. The bigger and more logical reason of the two for me, is that it surely will take a long time to upscale this entire game, both visually and audibly. All of the items, locations, characters...... i mean if you forget how huge Shenmue is, just spend your first day in the Hazuki household and try to lift every possible item, explore every possible room and also open every cupboard. I did it last night, and i didnt get to visit Fukuhara in the dojo until 9.45pm. This game is huge. Fact. Having to sit and go through its entirety will be no easy feat, and also not one that can be achieved overnight.
The audio of Shenmue (not VA work) is what doesnt age as well as the rest of the game. I have been playing Shenmue again with a VGA box and LCD TV and it looks as close to HD as you could get, but you can tell the quality of the audio isnt up there, especially with gaming headphones on. Again,this is something that will take some time. Add to that, if they are also going to include both native VA with subtitles, as so many fans have requested. Again more time.
Then there is also additional features that Sega would surely want to incorporate into the game. First thing that comes to mind is the difference of todays controllers compared to the Dreamcast controller, namely a second analogue stick. Obviously for Shenmue, this would be used as a camera stick, and some sort of freedom camera development would have to be organised. If this is to be a double planned release, then not only would i say it would take double the time to do so, but id say it would take more than double the time for it all to be finished.

I do believe that Shenmue has been in development for DLC. I also feel that Ben Harborne was more or less announcing this with his interviews earlier in the year. I have watched the two interviews a load of times, and in the first, he practically couldnt wait to say Shenmue. In the second interview, he made a slight joke about it with his facial features. I still maintain its coming. Just gotta be patient.
by Peter
Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So whatever happened to...

:lol:

Christ sakes bud, i will buy you a Dreamcast if you want.

But i see where your coming from. My feelings on it come from a mixture of logic and optimism, but the latter can muddy the logic at times. Also i am not technically minded in how these games are developed, but i still think that due to the overall size of Shenmue (it is the biggest game on the DC) that it will take quite a while. The only reason i place so much emphasis on Harbornes interview though, was his openness in regards to mentioning Shenmue, in regards to a Sega standpoint. If any employee from Sega was questioned about Shenmue, they seemed to have had a well rehersed response, or even none at all. But Harborne wasnt even provoked to say Shenmue, he was asked a generic question which he could have answered in any way at all.

The only reason i say i think negative publicity is good is because its still being talked about, even if its about how awful it is. At the end of the day its someones opinion, and if someone is talking about that, then someone is listening. Someone who hasnt played Shenmue before, and went from the N64 to the Playstation and just ignored the Dreamcast because he or she wasnt bought one, along with their friends back then. If it wasnt being talked about at all, to be that would be just a little bit worse. A game forgotten is a game lost. I dont think Shenmues legacy will die out anytime soon because of that.

Oh and i forgot about the camera completely in Shenmue IIx #-o
by Peter
Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

awesome reminds me of this :lol:
by wude
Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Visited YOU Arcade for the first time in a good few years and won the "Darts 7" capsule toy on my first try with a score of 310.8757. Still got it :lol:
by Peter
Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Contest.

I think you should try to take a good photo but it's not exactly an art contest, but should still be presented decently. As Axm said, the most important thing would obviously be what's being photographed, however, that doesn't mean you can't try your best to make it visually appealing.

I don't think we should exclude people in Japan. A good Shenmue inspired picture doesn't have to come from Japan, and wouldn't necessarily be the best if it did.
by Thief
Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The new Robocop suit

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0yuaUCKFII[/youtube]
by Martin
Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm so lame but I was bored. Ryudo's Dojo

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQv9i61fDL8[/youtube]
by Bluecast
Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue inspired trips to japan topic

Hello,

I don't want to tell anyone what to do, but I think that considering the recents informations on Fukushima situation,
I'll personnally not go to Japan for now, but really want to go there one day.

A lot of informations can be find on this website (in french and english) :
http://fukushima.over-blog.fr/

Peace.

I myself just came back from Japan. Traveled from Tokyo to Kyoto, to Nara, and up to Yokosuka. I still have a full head of hair, and my skin is not peeling, so the radiation isn't a problem ;-)

A few strange things I learned throughout my journey:

1.) Yokosuka had the nicest hotel (mercure yokosuka), but had the least to do. I stayed right off of Dobuita street. Literally a 2 minute walk from my hotel door. Unfortunately Dobuita street does not look that much like Shenmue Dobuita, as it is much smaller. It is also ruined at night by the mass amount of idiotic sailors walking around yelling and swearing. They even wander out into the surrounding neighborhoods. This made it so my friend and I got looked at by the locals in a poor light. The Japanese natives were the most rude in this area and I don't blame them one bit.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/552884_888743221244_31731558_n.jpg

2.) Also one thing I learned is that the Japanese are very polite and usually willing to help but the language barrier can be very frustrating at times. I know a decent amount of Japanese and found it very difficult to get to some areas and navigate some places. It is extremely rude to go into another country and not at least try to speak the native language. At times I felt embarressed and upset at myself for not being more fluent. I feel that knowing the language is a necessity contrary to what others say. It will make the experience much more enjoyable.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/295037_888396660754_1852126569_n.jpg

3.) Speaking with my host in Kyoto, I told her how some of the older Japanese men would joke around with us in the morning puffing out their arms and one was even jokingly shadowboxing and fake lifting weights by me. It was creepy at times as they grabbed my arms and were squeezing them :| I was a college athlete and my friend is a personal trainer so we both stick out like sore thumbs. My host said they don't often see tall or muscular guys in Japan, and I mentioned how we had only seen maybe 3 chubby or obese people. I could go to the mall where I am from and within 10 seconds of walking in the door I could count 5. She said the Japanese look down on fat people because it shows a lack of willpower and signs of laziness.
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/579287_887619103984_194303500_36565411_1807148015_n.jpgr

You could really see why there were so few obese people in Japan. A lot of people rode bikes and the portion sizes in food were quite small. They had virtually no milk, and their chicken and beef was of very poor quality. Yet the portion sizes were enough that one wouldn't gorge themselves. The transportation in Japan was also convenient, however I did not always use it as I was too excited and wanted to explore...however after racking up 79 miles on the pedometer I thought twice about using public transportation. We rented bikes and rode them around Kyoto to visit some of the landmarks, which was nice. Overall the trip was amazing (except the flight, 11 and a half hours from LA crammed in a tiny seat.) If you plan on going I would say skip Yokosuka all together. the streets of Tokyo resemble those of Ryo's Shenmue much more.
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/36594_887982081574_2140762442_n.jpg
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Mon May 28, 2012 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I FINISHED DEUX!!!

And goddamn proud of the ending. It's now copywritten and ready to be released.
by Kenny
Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh_t2fFF3B0[/youtube]
by KiBa
Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old School Dojo-ers

I am now 10 years into this place. Creeped for a year then joined. It is better now than it has been in about 2-3 years. This place seems alive and somewhat fruitful again.

BTW I haven't once changed my Avatar. The only time it was different is when it had a fake moderator title above my name that Sonikku made for me :lol: That has to be some kind of record.
I think we share the title then. I first went without avatar a while after registering and then made this one. I don't want to change it since I identify it with these forums for some reason. And I seem to recall the xzibit name from the early days. I registered here after lurking for some months. I used to follow the discussions at the old forums for a short while, then checked here and decided to register eventually.
I also visited planetdreamcast.com often. Sometimes read the forum there. Damn, there was some special vibe around gaming during that period that I didn't feel as much before or after for some reason.
by ys
Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought

Ohhhhh yes!

by Peter
Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: anyone know anything about medicine?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjW11wxMApM[/youtube]
by Peter
Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

Just stop making a big deal out of the fact that Wii U ports are better. No shit, Sherlock? It would be news if they were worse. They have a more powerful hardware and a shitload of feedback from users of the original versions. It's obvious they are going to make the games better. They would have been eaten alive if they didn't.
by Dorian
Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Horrible Bosses.
I actually liked it a lot. Hard not to with the combination of Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis, and Charlie Day (probably three of the most likable actors working in comedic movies these days). It's just a dumb-funny comedy, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. The movie was made for a laugh, and it did its job.
Also Jennifer Aniston is fucking hot .
Still .
And she spends the whole movie stripping down and talking dirty.
There is nothing bad about this whatsoever .
by OL
Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki should be ashamedof himself!

I may be wrong, but I don't think it's in Yu's nature or indeed his culture to openly point the finger at Sega just to take the heat off himself. Even though he's independent he still has a working relationship with the company, so it would not be "good form" to publicly distance himself from their mistakes. He's said enough here and there to make it clear that the situation's been out of his hands, most specifically that if given the opportunity he would like to make Shenmue III. To go into detail on the knockbacks he has received behind closed doors at Sega HQ would risk putting a strain on their continued business association.

That's why it's up to the fans to go to bat for him and make it known where the fault lies, because Yu's too nice a guy and far too professional to labor the point himself.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://i.imgur.com/HSPVf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Zn1U2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Pml5N.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yVzxB.jpg
From a documentary about the suicide forest of Japan, Aokigahara, where up to 100+ bodies are found every year.
Ever since I heard of that place I've wanted to go. It would be so awesomely creepy.
by Rakim
Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Since Samsung are muppets when it comes to updates, i rooted and flashed ICS onto my new tablet myself, and it FUCKING ROCKS! Image
by Peter
Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pete, don't you think thats a bit harsh? We all have our issues and god knows Adam has his. We're all friends and while we may piss each other off I don't think we should let things come to this. He didn't need to create another account, he broke the rules and if he keeps breaking them then its totally reasonable that you ban him but try not to make it personal by saying the kind of stuff you have. Whatever issues he has, and whatever is causing him to act the way he does he'll have to deal with it. The best thing to do is just respond to his actions without making it too much of a spectacle.

So its ok to just have this happen over and over and over again? This is a regular occurance, and its tiring. Its not harsh at all, he made an alternate account to come back and do the same things he was banned for. Not too long ago, there was a blanket ban on new members signing up because he was banned and making alternate accounts. You have been on message boards long enough not to do that and so has he, and its not just attacks on other people now its threats of self harm . Are you serious?

I am not gonna go down the road of "oohh you need to get help", or "get off the internet" because its been done before and its not happening, nor will it work. He created his own forums to get away from here and in less than a month, look what happens again. Dont you think its slightly odd that his "outbursts" are only here and not at his forums or even Hazuki Dojo? I was finished with him ages ago. I am not a friend of his. I disagree with a lot of principles he lives his life by, with number one, living a life on the internet. I am done talking about him because thats what he wants. Thats what he needs. His blue font to make him stand out.

I dont need that. Other members, old and new dont need that. Any online community doesnt need that.
by Peter
Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Picture Extravaganza!

Welcome to the Shenmue Picture Extravaganza! Rules are simple:

Found something that truly speaks to you? That screams Shenmue? Take a picture of it!

All entries are welcome until October 22, that's one month from today yo!

Together, as a community, we will vote on our favorite pictures and the winners will receive some pretty sweet prizes! Word.

So go out there and take those pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQyBS5QK3GM
by Thief
Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Logging in to Shenmue Dojo:

by Dorian
Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Threatening others with suicide is the lamest shit ever, and you know why I can say it? Because I did in the past to my ex and that's the most disgusting thing in my life. I was beyond pathetic back then. Nobody has the right to bring things like this on others even in real life, let alone over the internet.

This is the age of martyrdom. People think that they should get something from others and that all the shit that's going down on them is so goddamn bad. Well, it doesn't work that way. We must learn to love ourselves like we've never known hurt before and stop relying on other people. If you find somebody who cares, then the better for you. Asking for it? It just breeds more problems for everybody.
by Dorian
Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I cannot believe its my final day at work, and in two weeks i will be in the air on my way to Australia. Where has the year gone :shock:
by Peter
Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

These past few pages.. What the fuck am I reading.
:lol:
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Few tech ????? Suggestions wanted

It is a luxury, but mines is justified by the travel aspect. I have the Samsung 7.7, and it was easily the hardest choice i have had to make in terms of hardware.... ever really. Bit a laptop is a much better choice if a tablet doesnt offer the specific services that its made for.

Again for a smartphone, Samsung all the way. The Galaxy range is amazing, and for me, trumps its main rival, iPhone in every department.

If it were me, i would combine the tablet and phone budget and go with the Galaxy sII smartphone. Its the same as the tablet etc and id say thats all you need. There is the Galaxy sIII, but i think its worse than the sII. That phone has been my life for the past year. Best phone i have ever had, and will have an sII in 5-7 years, regardless of all the new releases that come out. For todays needs, the Galaxy sII is easily the best out there. In Europe anyways.
by Peter
Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No internet until Christmas!

I just decided to try something... so I will.

I'm not going to use the internet (minus turning in assignments for school) until christmas time. Just want to see if I can do it. The first site I'll use when I come back will be http://www.isitchristmas.com

If the site says YES, then I can use the internet again. See you on Christmas, internet!
by Thief
Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic