Search found 199 matches

Return

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

I'm going to bed. Great night, Dojo. We did a great job! Keep the answers updated!
by Himuro
Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

I just doubled my pledge ($60 reward to $120 reward). It's all I can afford. I don't know what else I can do other than get the word out there and promote it.

Unfortunately, the kickstarter is slowing down. It's too be expected, as more or less everyone who wanted Shenmue 3 and would have pledged, did so on the day the campaign launched. That's just how it works. More casual fans and those who haven't played the series (but might be curious), would be more reluctant about backing a kickstarter. Unfortunately, I don't think the cynical (and almost negative) press has helped at all! It's really quite infuriating, as it's created this idea amongst the general public that the kickstarter campaign is just a PR stunt and a way of gauging interest and that Sony and other investors will actually be footing the bill. This is obviously not true and funding is needed from the kickstarter.

Hopefully, by offering some new reward tiers, it will boost interest and offer an incentive to those who have already pledged, to up their pledge.
by Reprise
Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ideas to help the Kickstarter campaign

I just tweeted it out and will keep doing so frequently on my Twitter account. Hopefully I can gather pledges that way. Also as a Youtuber I will be mentioning it at the beginning of my next video and in my streams that I do daily.

I have 153k followers on twitter and over 400k subscribers on Youtube. Hope I can help as much as I can as this for me is a dream come true. I've also pledged $500 and will probably pledge more once higher options are available.

http://s9.postimg.org/fw20345fj/a916a0b8e54d9fa3d86c1acdb15eac02.png
by itani
Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Twitch streaming Let's Play promotion threa

I've contacted Himuro to start using Shenmue Dojo's own Twitch channel. So be sure you all tune in at 7pm Central time.

http://www.twitch.tv/shenmuedojo
by Ziming
Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The PS4 Physical Copy Issue & the $10 Million Goal Strug

I can't believe people still care about things such as time to install, having a box, etc when we are talking about FUCKING SHENMUE III!! Man, how quick the dust settles... Go back to the cave, take some time to look at the no exit sign, then come back and discuss preference. Pledge or gtfo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Yama
Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The PS4 Physical Copy Issue & the $10 Million Goal Strug

Thief wrote: Ok, let's be real here for a second.

The reality here is 14 years since the last title. There's no real excuse for anyone claiming to love Shenmue not to pledge at least something to keep the franchise alive.
by Sonoshee
Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ways to Help the Kickstarter Campaign - Spread the Word

Just wanted to let you all know that I run an extremely popular blog on the Tumblr platform and I have just written a long piece about why Shenmue matters. The piece has already gotten about 190 notes and has jumped to the top of the Shenmue, Sony, E3, and PS4 tags on Tumblr. It is also near the top of the Gaming and Video Games tags.

Wanted to set the tone of Shenmue discussion in a positive way.

Thought the folks at the Dojo might enjoy what I wrote...
http://cinemagorgeous.com/post/122099238480/shenmue
by Erevador
Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who is this old man....

Nice that you are having such conversations about Grand Masters. Happy that I could share Entei, Gentei and Koutei and the Grand Masters with you via my interview with Yu Suzuki last year.

Good things are coming. Can't wait for Shenmue III !
by DEVILLE_David
Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There Is No Reason For Panic (Yet)

Which is why it's so disheartening to think it could be doing a lot better. *sigh*.....
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Day Shenmue 3's Announcement Blew The World

More mementos

The moment Shenmue 3 crashed Kickstarter:
http://i.imgur.com/4793sAj.jpg

Shenmue 3 (and シェンムー3) was a top worldwide trend on Twitter for several hours:
http://i.imgur.com/5rda5e5.png http://i.imgur.com/qPBQZJ5.png http://i.imgur.com/UsFAg2N.png http://i.imgur.com/PMenH5y.png

Also a top trend on Facebook:
http://i.imgur.com/N4GttTA.jpg
by Giorgio
Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How much will you sacrifice to get Shenmue 3 to $10,000,000

Shenmue 3 could not have been announced at a worse time for me seeing how I just built a $1500 gaming PC back in May, I have 4 cavities that need to be filled, I need new glasses soon, and I have a $200 tech certification exam to pay for next week. However in order to fund the $550 dollar pledge I've already made and the additional $500 to $1000 I will drop on this KS before it ends, I have had to result to doing something I told myself I'd only do in case of an emergency; sell part of my video game collection off.

In order to cover my current pledge I don't have to sell off too much, mostly just a few CIB consoles I have and I complete Steel Battalion on XBOX. However to get an additional $500 I am going to have to start selling games off and sadly the first to go will be NES and SNES games because of how valuable a lot of them are. It pains me to do this, but it will pain me more if I let the KS go by without doing all that I can to help the project become Yu Suzuki's ultimate vision of what he wants Shenmue 3 to be.

So what sacrifices have you made or will you make in order to help fund Shenmue and get it to it's $10,000,000 goal?
by bikingjehuty
Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

At teh end of the day AJ can only put up the information they are given from Yu and his team

Then what's the point in Awesome Japan being there is they just copy and paste what they're given? As a company leading this they should be looking too make as much content as possible, Poking Yu for as much as he can give and getting the fans involved.

Or you know they can wait for Yu too write a statement and click publish for him...

Or better yet, why they just don't use the material or ideas we have provided so far? It's all over the net! They could care a bit more by browsing the Shenmue community forums and other social media related stuff at least.
For people who's job is to promote stuff their social accounts are ridiculously underwhelming.

Just look at their twitter account despite being a company that have promoted 13 kickstarters https://twitter.com/AWESOMEACADEMY1 no wonder half of them failed. Even I have a bigger outreach on social media than these clowns.
by south carmain
Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Physical PS4 Copy Reward Added!!!

They should have charged it for more...

They shouldn't have. A lot of people have only pledged the initial 29 because there was no ps4 physical version. With a retail physical version available people are going to be pledging 30 dollars more. Charging 100 or something wouldn't be fair at all.
I agree with sand4fish.

Must cost more to physically manufacture the ps4 copy over PC so I think most people waiting for this would've expected and understood a $10/20 increase to 'upgrade' as it were to ps4 copy.
by joka
Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How much "magic" will be in Shenmue III? (spoiler Shenmu

If anyone here thinks the level of magic will go DOWN as the story progresses get your dissapointment out of the way now. Shenmue was never ment to be a simple story nor an unispired constantly grounded game.
I fear many of the fans out there who think this plainly will be in for a suprise and ill be here saying I told you so.
If anyone here thinks the level of magic will go DOWN as the story progresses get your dissapointment out of the way now. Shenmue was never ment to be a simple story nor an unispired constantly grounded game.
I fear many of the fans out there who think this plainly will be in for a suprise and ill be here saying I told you so.

I've posited this about Shenmue III for years. I wonder if many fans who are unaware of the game will think that the super natural elements are added merely to try and appeal to a wider audience, never knowing they were always planned from the get-go. I can see some potential faux backlash in the future over this from clueless types lol.

Yes.
And at the same time for others...

Dont expect anything near Shenmue Online levels of rediculousness. That was obviously an exageration for the purpose of making an MMO that apeals to Chinese people that play WoW.
by Axm
Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $20,000 pledge for the future of our Guilin school.

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

We have received an unimaginable amount of press over this. Most good, some bad. There are some places that seem to think we took food from the mouths of the kids and gave the money instead to the game.

http://n4g.com/news/1754367/chinese-school-for-underprivileged-kids-pledges-20-000-to-shenmue-3-kickstarter

We were made aware of this place a few minutes ago. My brother decided to respond to these people.. This is just one of several places giving us bad press.

All the outside money we receive goes to the kids. All advertising costs come from my brother and I. We have spent plenty of money in advertising over the years but none has ever got us the exposure we have received now. All the advertising we did in the past only got to western parts of China, now we have been getting attention not just in ALL of China, but globally. The best part is the money we spent didn't go to some large marketing corporation but to Shenmue and dinner with Y'S. It was the smartest decision we ever made.

We have been getting ton's of gaming sites in China trying to interview us. We have been on the news in Guilin (5M people). Even Eurogamer.net posted our story on Twitter a few minutes ago.

https://twitter.com/eurogamer

I'm having a hard time with the criticism, frankly. I have only had the intention of helping the school. I wish people would look at this and think about giving of their time and energy to helping others but some people only live to hate and criticize. If people are thinking we are spending our money unwisely, let's hear what they are doing to help the world and what better ways they are spending their money on charity...
by wdrpgwd
Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Facebook on the 15th

It's a nice idea for some people but put simply, none of my extended family or friends want to see me droning on emotionally about a video game they never heard of.

Even if everyone here were to be 99% for it and hyped up to do it, I would still never do it. I'm only nerdy to a certain degree and have some humility about sharing my obsesive hobbies. And this comes from someone who does a whole podcast just about Shenmue..
by Axm
Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Suggetion- 2 player VS Fighting 5.5m- NPC head re. 10

Thanks for understanding. I respect your opinion, I'm just strongly stating mine as I want to see the best for the game. At the end of the day we all do, surely.
by Yama
Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How much "magic" will be in Shenmue III? (spoiler Shenmu

I've always seen the fortune tellers as a gameplay mechanic to help the player go on their path more than an actual hint that magic exists in the world of Shenmue.
by Himuro
Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Informer Shenmue Chronicles Playthrough

The second episode was decent (way better than the first one)!

phpBB [video]
by Giorgio
Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter sets new record - LIVE REACTION

I just got an acquaintance of me to pledge $60 for Shenmue III. Someone who isn't into Shenmue or video games for that matter at all. He didn't feel this was a good thing in any way but I still convinced him. For Shenmue III!
by BlueMue
Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Final Day: What did you pledge?

I looked my bank account(s). Ugh, I really can't afford to pledge anymore. I threw an extra $6 as a token measure and because that other dude said if we all put in at least $6 each we'd get to $6million. It's worth doing all we can.

I wish I could have put in more money though. If this was a year ago, I would have put in thousands :cry:
by Reprise
Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue HD: Attacking Sega with it now (prefab email inside)

Shenmue 3's KS campaign will finish today (tomorrow for Europe, Africa and Asia). It will be the most-funded video game ever on Kickstarter, perhaps even the first video game to surpass the $6 million mark and for that reason Shenmue 3 will be all over the headlines of world wide gaming media once again.

So here's what I thought. With this hype around Shenmue 3 in our sails, now is the perfect time to let Sega know, we want those Shenmue 1 and 2 ports! I've written up a text which I have sent to Sega. If you don't want to write your own email to Sega about S1 and 2 HD, please take the time to copy and paste my text and send it to them. It just takes 3 steps which can be done in less than a minute:

1. Go to Sega's customer support form: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new
(Since I am in Europe, I went through Sega's UK branch website which is in charge of European markets, but it let's you choose the region you are in, even North America, South America, Asia and so on)

2. Fill in your email address, the platform (PC or PS4), etc.

3. Copy and paste the text below into it (or write your own) and send it off to Sega.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Today, Shenmue 3 broke the all-time funding record in the video game category on Kickstarter. See the Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/

Many Sega fans, to this day, consider Shenmue not only the greatest Sega franchise ever to be created but the greatest franchise ever. Shenmue 3 is scheduled to come to PS4 and PC in 2017.

Your CEO, Mr. Hajime Satomi talked about "trying to win back back fans' trust" in last week's Famitsu interview. Starting with HD ports of Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2 for PS4 and PC would be a great way to do that. The games' resolution would just have to be uspscaled and made widescreen. Other than that, not much would have to be done. Maybe some minor additions like a waiting option for Shenmue 1. Keeping in touch with YS Net who are currently developing Shenmue 3 and making the Shenmue 1 and 2 HD port's save state compatible with Shenmue 3 would be the icing on the cake.

Tens of thousands or perhaps even hundreds of thousands of old fans would come running back to Sega for that port. The strength of the Kickstarter for Shenmue 3 has shown that the appetite for Shenmue games is stronger than ever. This can also be seen on eBay where Shenmue merchandise and games are fetching above their original retail value! Creating HD ports would be not only a popular decision with the fans it would also be highly profitable as well.

Moreover, Shenmue 3, even though it is not going to be a Sega game, is still Sega's IP which they licensed to YS Net. Throughout the last four weeks, Shenmue 3 has repeatedly been making headlines in gaming media all over the world and even made it into the Guiness Book of Records. I think it would be a big image boost for Sega to make those Shenmue 1 and 2 ports and have their name associated with Yu Suzuki's Shenmue 3 and the sensation it has stirred. Making those ports would get Sega positive headlines all over the world and it would be seen as something they have done for their fans.

Please, ladies and gentlemen, seize this chance and bring back Sega's old glory!

Sincerely,

Please note: I am not a native speaker of English. Thanks to Benwah for proofreading! Also it might help if you take the time to write your own text as they might see it as some kind of spam if everybody uses the same text. If you don't have time for that, you are of course very welcome to use the above text.

And yeah, I got a bit sentimental with the text, but don't blame me. It's Shenmue. :D
by Hyo Razuki
Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 IS OFFICIALLY A REAL THING!!!

WE DID IT.

WE DESERVE THIS.

YU DESERVES THIS.
by Himuro
Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 6M Lottery!

Knowing Shenmue 3 will exist is about as exciting as winning the lottery.
by mjq jazz bar
Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone worried that Yu might listen to the fans too much

I can tell you from experience that games start turning sour when the developers cater to what the fans say they want. Most of the time, people don't know entirely what they want, and when they realize what they want through playing the game, the impact is much greater. For example, when I first started Shenmue 1 I didn't even know that fighting was a part of the game. After I got used to it, I discovered that it was extremely satisfying, and it's now one of my favorite parts of the games. This is coming from someone who blows at Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc. and typically does not enjoy fighting games.
by Mr357
Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki officially announces Paypal support for Shenmu

One thing to consider about PayPal that I had completely forgotten about: PayPal hasn't always gone smoothly with crowdfunding projects.

Skull Girls, Dreamfall Chapters, and several other projects that were Kickstarted and then added PayPal afterwards, had their PayPal accounts frozen, with PayPal saying for some time that they would not be unlocked until such time as the games were actually released. They said they were trying to "protect their customers." This has happened several times, and it took a monumental - if fortunately brief - effort to make PayPal see reason and unfreeze the accounts again.

There are different laws in different countries governing PayPal's policies (as they attempt to remain adherent to their interpretation of those laws on a country by country basis,) which causes all sorts of unexpected complexities and conflicts. So things aren't quite as cut and dried as "just do it."

As I've said before, we're not sitting there with Ys Net and AJ, privy to their discussion or decisions. We don't know everything going on behind the scenes or all the reasons for what they do (and don't do) or why. Personally, I'm inclined to always give everyone the benefit of the doubt unless I have proof of pure ineptitude or bungling.

And even were that the case... what can we do about it? We have two choices. 1) Plough ahead and support this process to the hilt, or 2) Fall apart and be less supportive. Even though I know it's frustrating as heck, which of those two courses will best serve the game? It's not as if our outrage is going to force them to put PayPal up more quickly. We waited 14 years for this. We can wait a few more days. I share everyone's frustration. I do. I just want to stay positive and motivated to relentlessly support this, whatever happens, and no matter how bad things get.

That's what got us to where we are now, and it's what will get us to where we want to be. *Insert something about life and lemons here*
by Anonymous81
Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Gaiden on Hiatus

Shenmue Gaiden has been placed on hold for the time being due to Esspiral no longer working on the project. While, I currently have a some assets for the game, more are needed in order to achieve the desired result.

I'll have to wait for more assets to become available from the modding community

The project will be released at a later date. Stay tuned for further updates.

Apologies, if this disappoints some of you, but it is what it is.

In the mean time, look forward to other community projects coming out on a regular basis on the shenmuedojo forums.

Thanks again.

http://i.imgur.com/YDMwskX.png
November 2015 update
Greetings everyone. Today, I thought id update you all on the Shenmue Gaiden project. Everything is going according to plan and we're making great progress. It's certainly a very ambitious project, but i'm confident we can all make it a reality.
http://i.imgur.com/vJbGkUY.png

http://i.imgur.com/NsmXXW3.png

Shenmue Gaiden currently has two types of models, original and new. The upcoming demo will contain the original models, whilst the full game will contain the new detailed versions. These new renders take time unfortunately. Here's a sample of both types.

http://i.imgur.com/EtlN19o.png

The image on the right is the newer model. It has improved lighting, textures, details and special effects. Esspiral continues to improve and his work is simply amazing. I wish I could show you more :)

http://i.imgur.com/BA0DjKD.png

Fully animated weather has now been implemented into Shenmue Gaiden. Currently, only rain is functional. Expect more in the full game.

http://i.imgur.com/d6JmoEJ.png

Although this is a still image, the rain particles are fully animated when playing. This effect gives the game a more professional a authentic feel.

http://i.imgur.com/9uUtQUX.png

We now have the original Shenmue Modder, LanDC working with us. LanDC will be composing music for the title. I've heard a few sample tracks from him already and they sound GREAT!!!. Check out his latest public Shenmue remix below.

http://i.imgur.com/N0DBZvI.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH7gkAC0dQU

In addition to, we've also been given some other great amazing music for the project. Samples to come in following updates.

http://i.imgur.com/g9XBb1X.png

I'm happy to say that after some testing, Characters will now be able to blink and have their mouths move when speaking in a conversation. Here is a prototype shot of one of the characters.

http://i.imgur.com/BZ4uKDm.png

http://i.imgur.com/PUKK8w2.png

During certain periods of the game, you'll be able to freely explore various areas. To do so, we've implemented a world map containing the playable areas of Guilin. Simply choose an area which you wish Ryo to visit and you'll be taken there instantly. Pick carefully, as each area will have different sub stories.

http://i.imgur.com/7V0h5PV.png

http://i.imgur.com/D15nNTQ.png

Throughout the game, you'll be given the option to spend more time with certain characters. You'll be given a ton of choices to choose from when engaging in conversation. Choose wisely. Each choice will alter the character's response and perception of you.

http://i.imgur.com/GcAENhi.png

http://i.imgur.com/K1N3dpo.png

We now have a sample script for those who wish to do voice acting. Please record as many characters as you'd like and upload your demo reel to youtube or email them directly to [email protected]

DOWNLOAD THE SAMPLE SCRIPT HERE
http://www.filedropper.com/shenmuegaidensamplelines

http://i.imgur.com/432rOpt.png

Finally, we'll be posting a new help thread in the community section. This thread will be use to request specific help from everyone. We can't make this project fully without your input. Please help as much as you can. Link to follow.

That's Novembers update for you. Please give us your feedback, suggestions and questions. If you'd like to help out on the project, please send us an email. [email protected]

Thanks everyone.
http://i.imgur.com/woLj5CP.png
Weekly update
- New Shenmue Gaiden Facebook Page
- https://www.facebook.com/ShenmueGaiden
- New staff
- Amazing new voice actress
- More Faqs
- Exclusive release items
- General updates to the page
- Click the following link for the full breakdown
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=48739&start=26

Send all your questions and requests to [email protected]
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/ShenmueGaiden

Hey Shenmue fans. So over the last few months, me and the amazing Esppiral have been working together on a special project. We originally planned to reveal it back in June but chose to delay it as Shenmue 3 was announced. Never saw that coming lol.

Without further delay, the Shenmue Community would like to present to you all.....

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/2f1b/1n2d8flu354074fzg.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/119f/h6m5os6gaxz7jstzg.jpg

INFO
Title : Shenmue Gaiden
Platform : PC/????
Release date : 2016 / (Demo 2015)
Game Type: Visual Novel
Story: Non-Cannon. (This is a fan made game. Do not take the story seriously. It's something we threw together and does not represent the actual Shenmue story at all.)

All images are a work in progress. Expect massive improvements as the year goes on.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/3010/44j2m79m4vqbnsozg.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/ed88/e5uj3pwqrzi5952zg.jpg

Shenmue Gaiden will be a spin off non-canon story and take place just before Ryo reaches Shenhua's house in Guilin. A second story based in Hong Kong will also be included. Shenmue Gaiden will focus on the Shenmue Online characters. The lady in red and Lan di will be involved, however, they will take more of a background role. This will be done as we dont wont to interfere with the original story too much. We would like it to feel as authentic as humanly possible.

PLOT 1
After walking through the beautiful forest of Guilin for hours, Ryo and Shenhua finally reach their destination. This brief moment of peace is quickly interrupted as the pair are approached by a young girl begging for help. The Xiangjin village has been attacked by a woman dressed in red and group of men wearing black suits. Ryo and Shenhua make their way to the village to investigate. What sort of danger awaits them?

PLOT 2
After being defeated by Ryo and his friends, Dou Niu and Yuan are determined to get revenge. They team up with an old foe and seek out the Heavens and Xiuying within Hong Kong.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/58b4/au3guk13n9lg55gzg.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/5614/en2ppm9qtrv6pgpzg.jpg

Ryo - Hero of the series. He promises Lui Hui that he'll find the people responsible for the attack on Xiangjin village.
Shenhua - Heroine of the series. She is good friends with the children of Xiangjing village and accompanies Ryo throughout his travels in Guilin.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/5a44/qb1g1a3ux6kwbgdzg.jpg

Lan Di - The main villain of Shenmue. His reasons for being in Guilin continue to be a mystery.
????? - Mysterious woman dressed in red.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/bd28/5hr6akhagja4245zg.jpg

Xiuying - One of the masters of Hong Kong. A very strong and independent woman. She is determined to stop Dou Niu and Yuan once and for all.
Ren - Leader of the Heavens. Nemesis to Dou Niu.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/0af0/uihdvgsfv72g0mbzg.jpg

Luihui - An orphan child from Xiangjin village. She looks up to and respects Shenhua.
Shui - Another child from Xiangjin village. He is good friends with Lui Hiu
Maggie - A fearsome and mysterious woman

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/8f91/ffouvzeq56b8z2mzg.jpg

Chi You Men - The Henchmen of a mysterious organisation.

More to be added.......

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/7933/8izbrdnoseo3vczzg.jpg

All characters sprites will be in full HD and receive noticeable upgrades to their models. Different expressions will also be added to their faces depending on the situation. This will allow us to deliver an extra layer of realism.

Lighting
Sprites will also receive various lighting effects depending on the background and time of day.

Animation
Finally, each sprite will have their eyes and mouths move when speaking or on screen.
Hopefully, all of these improvements will add an extra layer of realism and provide a better overall experience.

Character Model Improvements list
- HD Models
- Dynamic lighting
- Animated faces

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/0bc6/3a1a00x3mn24jxwzg.jpg

All backgrounds in Shenmue Gaiden will be in FULL HD and optimized to support widescreen. Those who played the previous visual novel may have noticed the game running at a 800x600 resolution. This new entry will run at a minimum 1080x720 and support other resolutions.

The backgrounds will also received noticeable upgrades such as lighting and special effects.

Guilin Langhuishan Area

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/c140/cwuijho436l9mlrzg.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/119e/dz8zianlzz05jzzzg.jpg

Textboxes has been customized to reflect the feel of Shenmue. The text itself is a work in progress. Here are some sample images from the game.

Ren And Joy

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/fcb7/hngvfg7ttol5x52zg.jpg

Yuan and ???

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/157f/mk7ivn7e075ma7vzg.jpg

Chi You And Village Boy

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/5239/zvqtou6cug4us3lzg.jpg

Ryo and M
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/959b/e1pq19oc6sgpjv9zg.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/af06/3ugl8uwj069n1i2zg.jpg

Cutscene images will also make a return. However, this time they will be custom made and not directly ripped from Shenmue 1 or 2.

Ryo Training

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/a1b7/n3nqmhutnq0949azg.jpg

Ryo and Shenhua by a campfire

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/d786/8994y1vrkjtp8rxzg.jpg

Shenhua

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/7215/kxmmo3ubjbg11ygzg.jpg

Ryo and Shenhua walking through the forest

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/8f69/9oxy0lcayfubbrzzg.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/c006/20j9ndolvmdp7n9zg.jpg

Mechanics / Others

Shenhua's House
Each night, you'll return to Shenhua's house. Before you go to sleep, you'll be able to discuss the current events of the story, along with having a general discussion about every day life.

Shenhua will also teach you the game's system mechanics and give you advice about future events.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/1655/8qrncb8n5ew7swvzg.jpg

Choices, Choices, Choices

Image maps
Certain sections of the game will give you options to explore various areas at your leisure. Each path leading to a different area of the game.

Conversation choices
Those who played the first game knows that it was full of conversation choices which led to different responses. This game will have the same features but expand on them further.

Voiced characters
One feature we would really love to include is voiced characters. We would love the community to contribute to this. Adam Koralik, his girlfriend and others have already expressed their interest in doing voice over work.

Jobs
More unique jobs than the first visual novel.

??????

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/d98c/ezx02fkxubbbqigzg.jpg

Music will consist of tracks from Shenmue online, Shenmue Orchestra, Fan made music and Shenmue 2 Guilin music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWm8Gml8w4w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm9rIfVbMqg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH7gkAC0dQU

More info to be revealed soon!!!

http://i.imgur.com/uBEeiOP.png

Q - What type of game is this?
A - This is a visual novel title. A visual novel is an interactive narrative driven game using static images, text and sometimes video clips. Think Pheonix Wright.

Q - Why did you make this?
A - This is a passion project and was made for the Shenmue Community. We haven't had a Shenmue game in 15 years, so we thought it would be nice to create one.

Q - How many people do you think will play this title
A - Not many. Maybe around 50 - 100.

Q - The character portraits look strange?
A - Esspiral is practically remaking the character models. Its hard work. Expect them to improve in the final game.

Q - Copyright /Sega/Ys net/Cedric Biscay
A - This is a non profit simple fan game. There are hundreds of Sega fangames all over the internet. That said, if Sega, Yu Suzuki, Cedric Biscay or anyone else involved with Shenmue want us to stop the project, then we will cancel it immediately. No questions asked.

Q - How did you make Niao S......i mean the lady in red
A - Me and Esspiral broke into SEGA HQ and stole the plans for Shenmue 5. In all seriousness, Esspiral has put a ton of work into creating this model. The result is magnificent as you can see.

Q - Can I help on the project?
A - Absolutely. Scroll down to the bottom of the thread and see the list of available jobs. Whichever one suits you, send us an email and we will go from there.

Q - You shouldn't interfere with the Shenmue story
A - This game is non canon and will focus on the characters that have been written off from the series (Shenmue online characters). Lady in red and Lan di will take a more background role.

Q - Can you make chapter 2? (Ryo traveling to Hong Kong via boat)
A - Its possible. One day, we may try it.

More FAQs coming soon....

http://i.imgur.com/mLqvVcR.png

The following individuals have shown interest in taking part in the Shenmue Gaiden project. More staff will be added in the coming weeks. Some individuals may want to withdraw from their current positions in the future. Staffing not final. Wishlist staff are the ones we would like to recruit. Current staff, please email us regarding any additional info. [email protected]

http://i.imgur.com/eKs3MjB.png http://i.imgur.com/YfW6JmU.png http://i.imgur.com/ZcW9B5Z.png
- ShenSun (Producer/Director)
- Esspiral (Producer/Director)
- David Diville (Shenmue Master/French coordinator)

Wishlist
http://i.imgur.com/kItuLD1.png http://i.imgur.com/oGzY3AL.png http://i.imgur.com/HUlPP3h.png
- Shengoro James (Shenmue 500k coordinator)
- Ziming
- Yama

http://i.imgur.com/DijpcKE.png

A sample of various phrases/lines/part of the script will be sent out to the voice over team in the coming weeks. Casting of characters will then take place.

http://i.imgur.com/S1VWA39.png http://i.imgur.com/RfZJjlR.png http://i.imgur.com/kItuLD1.png http://i.imgur.com/n9JOBuL.png http://i.imgur.com/ebFmJYB.png http://i.imgur.com/VlABMCN.png http://i.imgur.com/ZcW9B5Z.png http://i.imgur.com/xfp5QCp.png http://i.imgur.com/K9D21dN.png http://i.imgur.com/vUWrTH7.png http://i.imgur.com/ZXT5gdL.png http://i.imgur.com/xbtqFGV.png
- Adam Koralik & Mrs Claus
- Adoxographist
- Shengoro James
- Laura Eliza
- Axm
- David Diville
- Ceej & Brother
- T'Pei
- Heather Chu Bishop
- Giorgio
- Ryo911
- Bryan Figueroa
- More to be added.....

Shown interest. Awaiting Confirmation.
http://i.imgur.com/HSoSKzO.png http://i.imgur.com/LRClNnN.png
- Eternal Dragon
- Happy Console Gamer

Wishlist

http://i.imgur.com/X5oqc4S.png

http://i.imgur.com/YfW6JmU.png http://i.imgur.com/p4EeY2R.png
- Esspiral
- Riken productions

http://i.imgur.com/t42a5I4.png

http://i.imgur.com/Ad0Ppqx.png http://i.imgur.com/gJunkH0.png
- Matthew Velazquez
- François Bilodeau
- More to be added

Needs to confirm
http://i.imgur.com/5U88sTt.png
- David Formston

Wishlist
http://i.imgur.com/N0DBZvI.png
- LanDC

http://i.imgur.com/uowhKt3.png

http://i.imgur.com/YmujWHr.png http://i.imgur.com/gJunkH0.png http://i.imgur.com/gJunkH0.png
- Miles Prower
- Adrian Farrugia (Editor)
- Redandwhite

http://i.imgur.com/YyU9uJT.png

http://i.imgur.com/jmUcEnu.png
- ShenmueP1

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/9eb9/2wb07e1djc7hothzg.jpg

If you would like to help on the project, let us know. This is a community project, so all help is welcome.

Current jobs
-- Voice Overs (To voice certain characters in the game)
- Fan Artist (To draw Shenmue fanart)
-- Voice Ripper (To rip voice files of specific characters from Shenmue 1/2)
-- Editor (Read the script for spelling and grammar mistakes)
-- Video Editor (Create trailers for game and to demonstrate updates on youtube)
-- Photoshop Designer (Create wallpapers and promotional images for the game)
-- Music Creator (To remaster or create original Shenmue inspired soundtracks)
--Any other unique skill that you may have, let us know. Contact us at [email protected] or message us through Shenmuedojo

http://i.imgur.com/uPvOqpJ.png

The following is the development plan for the rest of the year. If we stick to this vague schedule, we should be able to release a demo on Christmas day. Some crucial info may be missing. Updates to the page as we notice them.

October 21st - 31st 2015
• Base game / engine built. (COMPLETE)
• import all current backgrounds / characters (COMPLETE)
• complete basic structure for Guilin demo chapter (COMPLETE)

November 1st - 30th
• Incorporate events, ?, story branches, social events, image maps, music etc.
• Shenmue Gaiden update on the 3rd

December 1st - 10th
• proofread script
• Shenmue Gaiden update on the 3rd
• hand script over to David Deville for French translation
• Receive final demo script
• Have script voiced by voice actors

December 19th - 24th
• Have script voiced by voice actors
• TEST TEST TEST
• MORE TESTING
• Send copy to david and esspiral for approval.

December 25th
• Eat Christmas dinner and open presents
• Release Shenmue Gaiden Demo
• Presents for all.

December 31st - 1st January
• New announcements
• Feedback
• Party

Updates will continue, with major updates being released on the 3rd of each month.

Many Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/S7KOcAc.png

If you would like to speak to me or Esspiral about the project, jobs, or anything else then please send us a private message through the Shenmuedojo forums. Alternatively Email us at [email protected]

Like our Facebook Page to get updated on new developments

Shenmue Gaiden Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/ShenmueGaiden

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/9847/554w3szx840pyq0zg.jpg

Thanks a million guys. We hope you all enjoy the game.

#SaveShenmue

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/1e01/v7fdugltvd95yyazg.jpg
by ShenSun
Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gamespot : Is Shenmue a Good Game? - The Lobby

I think the best and most succinct answer to the question, "Is Shenmue a Good Game?" is simply:

"At least good enough for thousands of people all over the world to lose their minds when a sequel was finally announced, and for somewhere between 50,000 and 70,000 people to voluntarily donate more than 6 million dollars to see it happen."

Enough said.
by Anonymous81
Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm gonna start saving for a SIV Kickstarter...just in c

I'm happy to help Shenmue get itself up and running again by giving to the Shenmue III kickstarter, but I'm not gunna keep this thing on life-support for the rest of my life. If Shenmue is going to succeed then it's going to have to stay up on its own two feet. We've helped give it another chance, now it's YSnet's turn.

It'll be fine though, I have no worries.
by Thief
Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post your best!

https://youtu.be/OeZFnkzgrsU

3 hits this time I believe.

Demon Drop cheese, that's exactly what I did too. :rotflmao:
The funny thing is that throws never crossed my mind while fighting Chai lol. I always went for low kicks as it was always the safest way to beat him.
I used to use Mud Spider but this is more reliable.

I didn't think you would go for the trouble as I was just teasing lol. It's already great your attempt video btw!
Haha, it's no trouble, I should be able to do this as I could back in the day, in saying that I never found free battle as fidgety as I do now.
by Bambi
Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thanking Sony

I've been thanking Sony since child birth.

If I get a Tattoo it will read:

SHENMUE
O
N
YUSUZUKI

With an etched drawing of Kaz Hirai on my belly.
by Axm
Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thanking Sony

How about the Shenmue community makes a card with our names or whatever signed on it and then send it to Sony HQ?
by Himuro
Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

If you have yet to play Super Metroid, and refuse to because of some reason or another, than please watch this video and then GO PLAY THE GAME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=846&v=YuujwWl3R0I

I truly believe Super Metroid to be the best game ever created, period. But regardless of that, the reason I'm so adamant about people playing the game, is because I heard talk around here of people writing off Metroid (in general) because they played Prime (or something) and didn't like it. Prime sucks and it should not influence your opinion on Super Metroid at all. Go play Super Metroid and be happy! I just want you to be happy!
by Thief
Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

^ it really is a great bond theme. My personal favorite is "Nobody does it Better" from The Spy Who Loved Me.

phpBB [video]

Runner up being...

phpBB [video]
by Thief
Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pre-order Shenmue 3 with PayPal

Hello Everyone

I see lots of concerns/questions about PayPal, this all must be directed 1st to KS team at KS page first and foremost!

As you see only Kickstarter page, official site and @Shenmue_3 have posted about the paypal 1st not @Yu_Suzuki_Jp

or @YSNET_Inc, this must clear the fact that YSNET is busy with focusing on publishing/developing,

while other teams such as KS team (AJ), Shibuya, etc must stay focused on their own tasks.

(Publishing-Developing= Making and releasing the actual game which is YSNET's main task)

So in regards to Kickstarter, PayPal, Etc:

I suggest you 1st to use the Kickstarter page's contact me feature: http://bit.ly/saveshenmue

(Simply click on YSNET logo and KS Team as YSNET representative will respond)

Don't forget that you can leave comments on KS updates too!

Alternatively you can use http://shenmue.link 's contact.

Don't forget that you can also tweet @Shenmue_3

At the end,

You can tweet @CedricBiscay or http://bit.ly/ShenmueAmbassador (me myself) for further follow up if really needed.

Thank you very much as always.

Best, Novin
Shenmue Brand Ambassador for YSNET
by alimn
Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki IS in Project X Zone 2! For Reals!

New screenshots by Famitsu, of Ryo Hazuki's solo unit appearance in Project X Zone 2!

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/090/0 ... 9cb6e.html
by Giorgio
Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

I watched Big Trouble in Little China this year for Halloween -- it's not a scary movie, but it's a damn good one, so it'll suffice.
by Thief
Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki: Le Maitre de Sega - Book Review

Here's the Sumo Digital guy rhetorically asking about a Shenmue III Kickstarter: http://videogamewriters.com/sega-all-stars-dev-wants-to-see-shenmue-3-on-kickstarter-45797

Here's Biscay with the "contrepartie" quote: http://shenmueangel.free.fr/news2.php?id=315

And here's another post from Biscay on the Shenmue Master Facebook from April 2013: https://www.facebook.com/Shenmue.Master/posts/576838789002463

He says that the photo with Mark Cerny was just a publicity shot for GDC 2013 (i.e. no confirmation of deal with Sony), and that Suzuki is thinking about Kickstarter as well as trying to find funding partners and convincing Sega.

Here's more context to Moore telling Naka to fuck off: http://www.gamesradar.com/when-peter-moore-said-f-you-to-yuji-naka/
by Amir
Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

People telling Shenmue fans that are blinded by nostalgia. I guess those people are blinded by stupidness. Also, those people consume the thoughts of others, without making their own. They can't think for themselves. They are so shallow and narrow-minded (and mind-numbed), who of course cannot understand and feel the APPEAL Shenmue has on the fans. When something is deep and requires you to philosophize on it, you cannot expect airheads to give it the green light.

Furthermore, the term "nostalgia" is their cliche explanation on why fans love a game, who the former cannot appreciate in the slightest. Personally, I love Shenmue not because of nostalgia, but because it's the only interactive audiovisual experience that touches my symbolic heart. It lets you feel human in a virtua reality space. It evokes emotions on you, which are of empathetic and uplifting nature.

Additionally, it's a portal to another cultures (and history, geography, mythology, wisdom etc), those of Japan and China, and lets you learn and experience that interactively, without you actually visiting those places. I can feel free, in a open world, to explore the sights and inspect the minute crafted details, without being forced or chased. Especially, it is a play-space/story-world of teaching morality/ethos. Finally, the mundane/everyday and familiar/ordinary are elements that you can really identify with in your life.
by Giorgio
Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Opening Scenes

The game Fades into a scene of them walking out of the cave and Ryo says "I feel live I've slept for years"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
by jackmonte1987
Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic