Search found 24 matches

Return

Re: Concerns about Shenmue HD.

Using the Xbox version as a basis for S2 really is a concern. It's by no means a bad port but I really hate how they have a lot of little mistakes in the Xbox version. Like clipping mistakes or the vending machines in Hong Kong displaying Yen prices and so on.

http://shenmuedojo.net/new/extras/s2xboxvsdreamcast.html

Also, the Xbox version has a big blunder, which is super annoying to me. THey used the wrong music for the Guilin opening scene.
by Hyo Razuki
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Famitsu Article

Gamefront.de, one of the best video game news outlets in Germany have a short summary of the Famitsu article. I'll give you guys a quick translation of it.

Shenmue I & II mit moderner und klassischer Steuerung / Gameplay-Szenen 16:9
18.04.18 - Der Fertigungsstand von Shenmue I & II (PS4, Xbox One) bei Sega und d3t beträgt 70 Prozent. Das schreibt die neueste Famitsu.

Weiter heißt es, dass das Spiel eine moderne und klassische Steuerung besitzen wird. Bei der modernen Steuerung bewegt sich Held Ryo mittels linkem Analogstick, bei der klassischen Steuerung bewegt er sich mit dem Digitalkreuz.

In normalen Gameplay-Sequenzen wird das Bild beim Spielen im 16:9 Verhältnis gezeigt. Event-Szenen werden hingegen weiterhin im Original 4:3 Verhältnis dargestellt, heißt es in dem Bericht werden. Release: 2018 (Europa)

Shenmue 1 & 2 with modern and classic controls/gameplay scenes 16:9

Shenmue 1 & 2, at Sega and D3t is about 70% complete, says the latest Famitsu issue.

Furthermore, the article says the game will have a modern and a classic control scheme. In the modern control scheme, the hero Ryo will be moved by the left analog stick, whereas in the classic control scheme he will be moved by the d-pad.

In regular gameplay sequences, the picture will be displayed in 16:9. Event scenes (cutscenes) however, will be kept in the original 4:3 proportions.

Just a quick translation of a translation by myself. Hope I could help you guys out.
by Hyo Razuki
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD Fact sheet

Dorian wrote: d3t. Now I know why the remaster has errors like wrong eye movement and aspect ratio. Somebody needs to reach out to them and explain a few things they're doing improperly before the console versions are baked.

I think the eye thing has been fixed now.
by d3tAllan
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

We've ported the xbox version of Shenmue II so yes it does have stencil shadows.

It is probably too much to ask, but I would love if you were able to take the best of both versions and combine. The Dreamcast one has more textures and geometry in places ... Little details like more street signs and stuff make the Dreamcast version the better looking one to me.

Here you can see good examples of stuff just missing or having reduced detail on Xbox.
http://shenmuedojo.net/new/extras/s2xboxvsdreamcast.html

Especially things like the radiators basically being glitched into the mesh they should be sitting on would be a shame to have implemented like that.

Not to mention the overbearing heavy bloom.
by aries
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

***Mod note: This was proven false on the following pages. Please keep reading***

Hello Allan. Thank you very much for interacting with us.
You will probably get countless posts about fixing up the XBOX versions texture issues and horrid bloom, but that is because a lot of us are very passionate about the original Dreamcast game. There are some glaring geometry issues with the XBOX game.

Also, the aspect ratio is wrong in the remaster. You're most likely already aware, but just in case...

https://i.imgur.com/m6kaeqS.gif
by brad86
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm 17 and I know about it! And I told my friend he is 15 and is turning 16 next month he seems to like it!
by khmlight3
Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Honestly, the only “concern” I have at this point is that Yu Suzuki isn’t involved in these remasters.
Being the architect behind the entire saga, it’s a shame that, for a multitude of reasons, this wasn’t/ couldn’t be the case.

Hopefully, ___ years from now, when the Shenmue saga is completely over and modern times (popular demand?) call for a Shenmue remake, then things will be different. One can hope!
by punkmanced
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "5% of what he knows" says Adam Koralik?

i think the whole 5 / 10% thing is a bit misleading. he is not allowed to say anything about features
or performance and so on. and Sega themself is also dodging every question with answers like
"the gameplay is in 16:9".
we dont even have all the answers to the basic questions,
so i dont see how there could be like 90% of surprises or whatever. that would be mindblowing.

i think in the end 70 or 80% of the things they cant talk about right now will just be answers like
"no the collection does not run in 60 fps, no the cutscenes in 1 are not in 16:9,
no there is no 4K option on consoles ..." with maybe 1-2 nice surprises and thats it.

i'm very careful about this topic because it sounds a bit fishy to me.
it sounds like there is still so much stuff to discover and i think its possible
that people will get way too hyped because of that.

right now everything that i expect is nothing more than a 1080p/30 fps port with some small tweaks.
(which would be fine for me)
by Tosh
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

(although I gotta say, it is nice for the UK to get preferential treatment with games for once! :D Even if this is only a preorder I'll take any win i can get :) )

Heeeeeey now, you guys actually got S2 on Dreamcast with full Japanese audio back in the day, while the US got shafted. Don'tchu be talkin about no "for once."
I'ma fight you.
by OL
Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Got my preorder for PS4 and Xbone in on Amazon as of right now (and I don't even own those systems lol.) :D I never thought I'd be able to say, "I have preordered Shenmue HD." I hoped. I dreamed. We begged. IT'S FINALLY REAL. Let's all do what we can to support this HARD.
by Anonymous81
Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III gets provisional PEGI rating

Hoping it gets an early 2019 release. It will give Shenmue HD time to breathe on the market, plus it will avoid the rush of games in the fall. Releasing in a quiet month will also direct all attention on to shenmue. Either way, we're almost there.
by ShenSun
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Lan-Di and Ryo...

I can re-confirm. Unless Yu Suzuki has changed things, we're going to face Lan Di. 8)
by DEVILLE_David
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Release Date Speculation

I contacted Newegg Support to see if they'll confirm if there release date is a placeholder or not...I'll let you know when I hear back.

by Ceej
Tue May 01, 2018 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hate to say it, but I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment. I think he just threw 5% out there, not really thinking about what effect that would have on this community. D3T doesn't seem like a company that produces any new content, so I don't know how any of those ideas would play into this re-release. The budget price also leads me to believe we're not getting many extra frills and chills.
by mjq jazz bar
Fri May 04, 2018 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm suggesting ideas like a missing chapter being placed in the re-release or extra modes that weren't in the original releases doesn't seem likely based on what their portfolio looks like. Of course I don't know if that's true, but I'm very skeptical about the 5% figure meaning there's a whole load of new features coming to the games.

Of course, I'm always glad to be wrong when it comes to Shenmue.
by mjq jazz bar
Mon May 07, 2018 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

I'm not surprised, but I am a little disappointed as I had a slim hope that they might pull off the late '18 release. I'm sure it's for the best, all in all.

At this point, though, I think it's important for everyone to check their expectations again. I'm seeing a lot of assumptions that this means "early" 2019, but they very clearly avoided specifying any timeframe within 2019. It could still be towards the end of that year until we hear otherwise.
by Centrale
Wed May 16, 2018 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

We're all expecting this right? I'm not concerned it jsut doesn't seem their that far in development, if anything I'm expecting a 2019 Fall release. I can wait this game just needs to be be good! I think a compensational trailer would help as we still havent seen any direct Gameplay...
by TheThirdComing
Wed May 16, 2018 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone disappointed with Shenmue 3 cartoon-like graphics

I always imagined Shenmue games to go as far with realstic looks as the hardware allows.
Shenmue definately had the most polygon- and texture-power for the face demos of anything back in the day so it's easy to assume that was always the ultimate goal.

If the series kept going we might've ended up now with scanning technology to create super realistic characters.
But you really have to think if that was really what the characters we're made to be like. To some extent they were in fact stylized, at least the main cast, and that was of course to get a distinct look. Some of the NPCs looked more lifelike in a way, especially as some actually had photos of real faces for their texture.

I'd like to see a hint more realism in the Shenmue III models but what we got so far is definately in line with a Shenmue look. I'm happy with it and so should we all be really.
by BlueMue
Tue May 22, 2018 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The friends of Ringo Ishikawa

Hello, guys. If i'm breaking some law you'll just delete this post, i suppose.

I'm currently in development of the game heavenly inspired by Shenmue and Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari. It's an open world game about japanese delinquents focused on story and small things that don't do much but matters a lot in the end (like feeding a cat in Shenmue).

So i'm just looking for players who could be interested.

Here's a greenlight trailer i made a year ago and some screenshots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrny2lpeT_s

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxYOdZnVIAIa_nj.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C01bcNGW8AElp6U.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw1G0bMXgAAqyIJ.jpg

http://ringo.by-yeo.ru/img/Ringo_gifs_2.gif

If you don't mind i'll be posting some news about the game once in a while.

Sorry for an adv.
by yeo
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Sonic Racing - Sumo Digital Developing

No non-Sonic characters is obviously disappointing, but the last time that Sumo made a Kart racer they ended up making the best one of all time (fuck you Mario Kart), so I'm still interested.
by KidMarine
Thu May 31, 2018 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone disappointed with Shenmue 3 cartoon-like graphics

A bit, yes. In a perfect world the Yakuza team would drop by YS net studios and do all the 3D model work for free.
by killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Wed May 30, 2018 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic