Search found 758 matches

Return

Re: Spam account?

Banned the account and deleted the posts that were reported.
by Spaghetti
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Closed] Submit your question for Eric Kelso interview

Thanks a lot Switch! It's amazing hearing "them" again after all these years!
by Hazuki00
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Those promo clips are awesome.

Thank you Switch!
by Kiske
Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just read the interview and listened to the audio compilation.

This was an amazing interview, Switch.

Thank you so much for all the efforts you've put into this and thanks to Eric Kelso for being so nice and available!
by Kiske
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eric Kelso interview (Phantom River Stone)

Wow this is really awesome.

My only complaint which I have to mention, is that I really wish the question asking if he's gonna portray Ren or "X character" in Shenmue 3 shouldn't have been asked. Yeah nice and fun speculating story questions like "Do you think Ryo gonna marry Shenhua?" "Will Giuzhang leave the warehouse and reunite in Ryo in China like he was supposed to" lol etc. and speculating on that is nice. Because it is fun and playing around and it may or may not happen in the story, but it's harmless.

But going into more private questions like that when the game is very close to being complete. Like "Are you gonna play Ren/Giuzhang in Shenmue 3?" "What happens to Ren in Shenmue 3?" etc. In media and press usually people keep quiet about those types of things, and that was nice enough for him to be honest and sadly say he hasn't been contacted, it was still an inappropriate question.

So when you do future interviews and get questions like that, and you're interviewing an actor or a designer/artist whatever. Weed out questions like that. There is a fine line between being fun and asking an inappropriate question.

But other than that nice interview you gave. Again it was nice for him to take his time for us fans to answer questions and I'm happy my questions were answered.

Thank you. :)
by Domosuke
Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Turned out brilliant! That video was just the icing on the cake, really uplifting and interesting to listen to him talk. Really a great guy!
by BlueMue
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:lol: I honestly didn't expect my throwaway question about Gui living in his dads warehouse to be answered or even asked. Thank you for doing it and I thank him for the answer. Great work overall!
by Bluecast
Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Yuzo Koshiro* interview by Polygon.

https://www.polygon.com/features/2017/6/19/15819622/yuzo-koshiro-legendary-game-composer-family-business-owner

http://www.culture-games.com/wp-content/uploads/personnalites/koshiro-yuzo-liste.jpg

*Composer of Shenmue & Shenmue II soundtracks alongside Takenobu Mitsuyoshi, Osamu Murata, Ryuji Iuchi, Takeshi Yanagawa and others.
by Kiske
Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally got around to listening. Awesome job! Loved his enthusiasm.
by myshtuff
Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Always nice to hear the voice behind the voice.
by Brian SII DC vs Xbox
Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections & Merchandise

If you can handle the droning commentary here's the video showing the tape recorder in action, including parts of the tape from the game.

phpBB [video]
by BlueMue
Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 4412107776

Shibuya Productions aren't the ones exhibiting Shenmue III at Gamescom, but more info about who is will come soon.

My money is that Sony are going to announce a presence/conference in the next few weeks.
by Spaghetti
Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

@Spaghetti It's becoming more and more interesting!

@FlagshipFighter I need to get my composure back... too much hype already!

@South Carmain Spot on and great movie!

@Yokosuka Why the sad face? :-o

What is really cool about this update is that for once, we don't need to look forward to an event with the same old hopes & dreams about a Shenmue 3 presence. Knowing 100% that there are going to be some treats for us during Gamescom is just fantastic. The wait is going to be so long though!
by Kiske
Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The quest for offline Passport access

Great efforts have been made to exchange the dub and increase the visual fidelity of Shenmue, things that can greatly enhance the experience. One thing that is part of the experience but often easily overlooked is the Passport Disc and there is something that should be tackled to increase the enjoyment of Shenmue even more.

The reason why it's often ignored is as everyone knows it's too damn hard to access all it's neat still functional on disc contents and features. Things like long term weather forecast, status on the kitten or trading slot house prizes with Oishi for animal capsule toys, stuff that is actually aiding playing the game. Other stuff like the online manual, character database and an incredibly in depth statistic on what you've done in the game.

What we need is some kind of hack that either tells the game that it's on an active dial up connection or just remove the check alltogether. I've been thinking about this countless times but have no idea where to start to look for a solution. This is where brainstorming and some serious work should start to be put into. There must be a way...
by BlueMue
Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The quest for offline Passport access

I'd be interested in looking into it too. Does anyone know of a good free SH4 disassembler? The Demul one is too painful...
dcdis v0.4a by Lars Olsson

It's a free command line disassembler that dumps the entire 1ST_READ.BIN into a text file. I used it to come up with the hack to import US save files into Shenmue 2 EU. I also used the source code to write the SH-4 plug-in for Hopper Disassembler. (But that's not free)

Edit: It seems to be hard to find 0.4, lots of sites have 0.3.3a. Here is a direct link to 0.4 on his website:
https://www.ludd.ltu.se/~jlo/dc/
by Sappharad
Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Guys, please vote for Shenmue in this Famitsu Weekly poll opened to celebrate the upcoming 1500th edition of the Weekly Famitsu magazine.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KVzG13n1fPw/WWNQ8vL_jZI/AAAAAAAACks/TtuYKdA_zCQpVQjqcNEzZhiKPZRIawPNwCLcBGAs/s1600/l_595f2f7225954.jpg

You can find comprehensive explanations on how to vote here (on Switch "Phantom River Stone" blog):
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/07/vote-shenmue-as-best-all-time-game.html#more

The poll ends at midnight on July 18th (JST).
by Kiske
Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Famitsu Poll Results: Action-Adventure Game Top 20 [June 17]

http://i.imgur.com/Eie9Z0U.png

Last month, Famitsu Online ran a poll to find out which of the Top 20 Action-Adventure games audiences loved the most.

The results of the poll have now been published in the Weekly Famitsu magazine - with both Shenmue titles having scored in the Top 10!

For a full rundown of the results, including brief new interviews with Yu Suzuki, Megumi Yasu and Masaya Matsukaze, please see the complete article published by Dojo veteran Switch on his website here .

Links: Discussion Topic
by Sonoshee
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - That's All, Folks

http://i.imgur.com/e2x3CfQ.jpg

https://pending.me.uk/cd/bla_1503388800.png

http://abload.de/img/sequenz01_1lob47.gif

THE NEWS

~*~NEW~*~ 27th July - YSnet announces they will be hosting a meet n' greet session with Yu Suzuki in the entertainment area, and also confirms that an update with the "Latest news about Shenmue III" revealed in the business area will be available via Kickstarter and the Shenmue III website.

13th July - YSnet announces via the KS they will be showing the game in the business area of the event restricted from public entry ( please note, the update does specify that backers will be able to get the "latest on-site information" through games media outlets ), but are attempting to put together an event for fans attending the show via the public areas. It is also confirmed Yu Suzuki will personally be in attendance.

THE BASICS

YSnet announced in the June 2017 Kickstarter update that they will be taking Shenmue III this August to Gamescom in Germany, saying "While we are still working out the details with our partners, we plan to show our newest movie clips, share the latest updates and even make some new announcements."

Cedric Biscay has said via Twitter that Shibuya Productions, primary financier and one of Shenmue III's marketing partners, will not be the ones showcasing Shenmue III at the event, and that further details will be available "soon".

Sony, YSnet's other known marketing partner, have not confirmed a Gamescom presence but have recently hinted that a conference may be in the works for the show.

THE SPECULATION

Could YSnet be bringing a trailer to Gamescom? While it's impossible to know the style of the video YSnet will be using to show off the game, I think we can all safely assume Gamescom will end up being the most revealing look at the game we've had.

According to resident translator Switch, the plural "movie clips" in the English version of the update is intentional, as the author would have to check the meaning with whoever wrote the Japanese version; as apparently the language doesn't make a plural distinction. If we are to take it at face value that the English author followed this process, we can assume there will be more than one Shenmue III video coming out of Gamescom.

Shenmue HD has been rumoured for a very long time, but in the last year the anticipation has reached fever pitch with domain registrations, endless "insider" info, and SEGA themselves expressing a desire to make it. SEGA have kept Shenmue III at arm's length since it was announced two years ago, and we have no evidence the dynamic of this relationship has changed, let alone that Shenmue HD truly exists. So... keep expectations in check.

There are plenty of "cleaning house"-style announcements to make in regards to rewards fulfilment, pledge upgrades, and how long the Slacker Backer site will continue to be open for. Will they be part of the announcements made during Gamescom? Possibly. We can at least hope they are addressed in the KS updates following the event.

This thread is for discussion, speculation, and breaking news. HUGE news will warrant its own thread, but in most cases I will just change the title of this topic to reflect the current developments, and add a kind of newsfeed to the OP to keep people up to speed.

Big thanks to Kiske for the banner. Happy posting!
by Spaghetti
Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - [WAIT] - [QUIT]

I will be there on behalf of the Dojo with live Twitter and Instagram posts throughout the event. Other sections of the community may be there also but it's still all being worked on at the moment, so more details will be revealed over the coming weeks. :nice!:
by Peter
Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections & Merchandise

https://image.ibb.co/eMkCqQ/002.jpg

\:D/ I got Ryo Hazuki's watch. He didn't give it up easily, but I just kept spamming him with Crawl Cyclone.

8 months of searching eventually paid off. I'd have bought even a well used example but there's not a mark on it.
It's the first T43371 I've seen for sale with the correct text on the ring.
Even the Ltd Edition Shenmue watch has the wrong text all around the ring. And it's printed upside down! :roll:

I've pulled the top crown out to stop it and save the battery because I have no intention of using it until I get Shenmue III, then I'm wearing it every single time I play!
I'll switch it back on the night before I get Shenmue III, so I can wake up to the alarm.
I just don't know if I can sleep in my jeans and t-shirt :lol:
The light and alarm are exactly the same as in the game. I got goose bumps hearing the alarm for the first time.
I've left just enough time to make it home before Ine-san starts worrying.

Some info to help anyone who is looking to buy this Timex T43371...

It doesn't say the model number on the watch, so it's unlikely that sellers would use that in their listing.
I was searching ebay for Timex expedition, Timex indiglo, and Shenmue watch.
I found 7 of the 'alternative text version' but the search which led me to this one was "Timex WR50" .
Possibly the seller thought this was the model number printed on the face, but it means Water Resistant to 50m.
I'm sure that's why, fortunately, there weren't many bidders.

Now I just have to make some patches for the vintage leather A-2 Bomber jacket I bought for £15, stock up on
Pot Noodles and 'Jet' Cola, then I'm totally ready for Shenmue III. Bring it on!!!
by RootyKazooty
Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I do remember a couple of things, mostly videos made by other people, but my hacking expertise is limited to changing text lines.

I do remember seeing some internet addresses that could be replaced or maybe even repositioned if there's some unused text we can remove, because this might need a hacked server, like the PSO one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fmOSLFIvVo
by IlDucci
Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Talk Series: Episode 4 - Lan Di on Youtube

Hi everyone :D just wanted to tell you guys that I have uploaded episode number 4 of my Shenmue talk series at the
Shenmue Unofficial channel on Youtube.
In this episode I share my personal theories about Lan Di and I also talk about the other Chiyoumen leaders including Tentei.
Below is the link to this episode if you interested in watching:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fub9vucGkjg&t=258s

And as always thank you for the support. :D :heart:
by Sergeynest
Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Trivia Game: Season 1

Switch wrote: The chef at the Dou Jiang Diner where Ryo got into a fight, I think. I remember Peter showed this during his Shenmue II stream play-through.

=D> That's correct! I don't remember if he knew about it before I mentioned it.
by Mr357
Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, fuck. Never would have guessed that one, nor did I have any idea you could even bid farewell to him either. Good job, Switch!
by ShenGCH
Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Stick to the facts? Sure.

We will be attending Germany's mid-August gaming event gamescom 2017! While we are still working out the details with our partners, we plan to show our newest movie clips , share the latest updates and even make some new announcements.

We will be participating in the business area. The area is limited to media and other business members of the game industry.

Maybe "some fans" have problems with their memory not being able to span back further than a month.
by Spaghetti
Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

I've made a post on Phantom River Stone which hopefully captures the essential points from the last 3 updates about it, and reduces any confusion.

http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/07/shenmue-iii-at-gamescom-2017-what-we.html
Great recap. Really helps. Looking forward to the best of possibilities.
by Axm
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Three Weeks Remai

Got my press pass approved this morning. Now time to make plans.
by Peter
Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: La Odisea De Shenmue - English Translation

Odyssey of Shenmue - Introduction- Page 6

And finally all of you across the globe who have kept the flame of Shenmue burning all these years by sharing anecdotes in forums, uploading videos, creating wikis, analysing rumours and recommending friends to play the game ... You, who has not stopped believing for a single moment this journey we are on is over. To you, I thank you very much.
by Ikuzuh
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phantom River Stone (Article Index)

I have no words. Just sensational work and fantastic passion from one of the most revered Shenmue fans I've had the privelidge of meeting.
by Peter
Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phantom River Stone (Article Index)

Incredible Switch! Congratulations on 1 year and thank you for all of your hard work and dedication. You write some of the most high quality Shenmue material out there.
by Jibby
Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Two Weeks Left

Guys, beside the new material and new announcements we can expect to get, just think about the tons of new interviews (including Peter's one) we are going to get from Suzuki San.

There will be a lot of articles about Shenmue 3, Yu Suzuki's work and vision, Shenmue franchise future, etc...

This only, makes me feel excited as never in the past two years!
by Kiske
Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What do the Abe Store and Come Over Guest House have in common?

Well, I can think of a lot of stupid answers, but I assume you're looking for something notable. Is there any way you can rephrase the question?
Hint: It's a thing . Inside and outside.
They both have posters advertising the energy drink "Hararon" (featuring the Segata Sanshiro look-alike)?
Yep! This motherfucker right here:

http://i.imgur.com/NcKf4YF.png

Over to you, Switch!
by ShenGCH
Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: La Odisea De Shenmue - English Translation

The Shenmue Odyssey - Page 20- Chapter 1

Suzuki had a great impact with the arcade machines of the 80s, that through revolutionary techniques for the time they gave the feeling of depth, immersion and movement of the player himself. Later, he led the way for the jump from 2D to 3D, with impressive titles that had a great influence even in the development of the hardware for that generation. And finally with Shenmue, something that changed the domestic market of videogames, abandoning quick arcade creations to favour deep games with absorbing universes and total immersion of the user. As he says in many of his interviews, the Japanese creative is aware and proud of everything that has contributed to the video game industry. In addition, despite his apparent dip in his career, he has been awarded twice: in March 2011 he received the "Pioneer" award from the Game Developers Conference and in 2014 he received the "Legend Award" from Gamelab Barcelona.

In the end, Yu Suzuki refuses to not have the last word. During those years of disappearance after Shenmue, when it seemed that he had already dedicated himself to making mobile games to make a living without major concerns, in fact he was machining and negotiating nonstop to finish the his beloved franchise and give it a dignified end. For a man of such perfection, to finish what is his masterpiece to date is almost obsessive, especially when he knows that millions of users are asking him incessantly. E3 2015 saw the announcement of the much-desired Shenmue Ill, with the result that all the hard work and support of the fans finally came true. And that 15 years after its European launch and 16 after its Japanese release, the franchise continued to be on the front cover of magazines and still be in the news shows that Shenmue is a different and very special game, a work of art that has changed the way most players and developers perceive video games, and we hope to do it justice in this book.

Ramon Méndez
by Ikuzuh
Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT

EVERYBODY STOP NOW! The Season 1 Trivia Game has now ended!

And here are the END RESULTS!

THE FINAL SCORE IS:
:king: Mr357- 7 Points
\:D/ BlueMue- 5 Points
\:D/ ShenGCH- 5 Points
:nice!: Ryo & Nozomi- 3 Points
Switch- 2 Points
Spaghetti- 1 Point
Kiske- 1 Point
SickOctopus- 1 Point
Rakim- 1 Point
Radar- 1 Point

1st Place- Mr357
2nd Place- BlueMue and ShenGCH
3rd Place- Ryo & Nozomi (ME)

Mr357 is declared the winner of Season 1 of The Shenmue Trivia Game!

To all the 10 people who participated in the game (including ME), please give Mr357 a round of applause! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Congratulations Mr357 on being the Shenmue Trivia Champion of Season 1! Congrats man. :D

Now that Season 1 has ended and the majority of participants wanted to continue on with Shenmue trivia, I have decided to renew the trivia game for a second Season. It is time for us to move on to another topic I will create called "The Shenmue Trivia Game: Season 2." I will ask the first question again on that topic to start things off and the first people who gets it correct...well you know lol. I will give you guys a heads up that there will be one big change for Season 2 that you will probably like. It'll have something to do with Rule #8. ;-)

I've had a lot of fun with Season 1 and I hope you guys did too! :D

See you all in Season 2. 8)
by Ryo & Nazomi
Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Awesome, can't wait to see what hidden things are waiting to be found.
by b_ren
Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Passport Disc Unlocked

Fuckin' A. This is actually the first time I get to see what's in there. :shock:
by Niowiad
Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Passport Disc Unlocked

Haha I love the leaderboards with the music, more games should do that, totally has a great presence and vibe, it's amazing (and totally not surprising) to see so much effort put into the content and interfaces.

Switch, your legend will never die! Thank you so much, love and appreciate all the outstanding contributions you have brought to this community! [emoji113]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
by FlagshipFighter
Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just no words for this Switch. Sensational work!!! I will be firing up the PC today so I will give it a whirl and see how it goes. I'm already getting that huge nostalgia trip just by looking at the photos!!!!
by Peter
Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've made an easy patch for the PAL GDI version that contains the widescreen fix by Esspiral in addition to this fix, so you can apply both fixes without manually editing any files.
http://i.imgur.com/PcTlCjE.png

http://i.imgur.com/GTGEbsa.png

http://i.imgur.com/gE2xoqI.png

http://i.imgur.com/1vhKCdr.png
To apply the patch:

1- Download this zip file and extract it.
2- Copy track07.bin from your PAL Shenmue Passport GDI disc into the "Passport" folder you'll find when you extracted the zip file.
3- Run patch.bat.
4- Copy track07.bin file from "Passport\Fixed" folder back into the GDI folder of the Passport disc.
5- Enjoy the extra content in widescreen.

I don't have the widescreen fix code for the US version, so if Esspiral can dig it up, I'll provide an easy patch for the US GDI version as well if needed.

Thanks Switch for this great finding.
by masterchan777
Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phenomenal work Switch. My mind is truly blown. Wow.

I'll be testing this out when i get a day off. Super excited to do so.

Great work.
by ShenSun
Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deep Silver Partnership Signed + Gamescom Meet & Greet i

Oh. Shenmue 3 Gamescom presence explained, isn't it?

Deep Silver is the video game publishing division of German multinational corporation Koch Media , based in Planegg, Bavaria. Since its founding in 2002, Deep Silver has published and co-published several major titles, notably the Dead Island and Homefront series, as well as taking stewardship over the Saints Row series following THQ's bankruptcy . In total, the company has released more than 200 games.
by Kiske
Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - ONE WEEK LEFT

Whooah whooah whoah I'm On a 4hr+ train journey and I started hyperventilating when I saw all of this. I was NOT mentally prepared for all this! XD

Anyway, I don't know why and it all sounds really hyperbolic, but my heart was really racing see all this, I had to take many deep breaths.

Just as with the npc's, what I see looks great, but they shouldn't be judged in isolation, we could scrutinise the shenmue npc's and even the main cast in shenmue 1 and 2 if we just observed as is, but the brilliance of the game itself puts the work into making it all immersive. That to me is why shenmue stands the test of time especially compared to many other 3D games during that era.

I don't know why but seeing some of the reactions online is legit making me feel a physical sense of pain. It's a huge deal to see this art and see things taking shape, but I need to remember to see that this is all WIP too, we're still a long time away, we can use this opportunity to find out more and understand development. I'm just super super desperate to see the gameplay right now and see everything in motion and exploration around the environment, that is what defines shenmue to me.

The other thing is: I don't know if it's just me, but does the newness of the super rural Chinese setting and the great Wall of China give you HUGE chills? I'm getting the feels big time, because of the continuation and the uncertainty that it comes with it.

Really feeling exhausted seeing those comments though, it's a reminder for me to pause reading the comments from these blogs/forums (outside of here) for a while, at least until after we know more after gamescom or seen more consistency in news.

Also, to anyone (not here, just what I've seen written on other websites) that this all "destroys" their views of the "masterpieces" that are shenmue 1 and 2, chill the heck out we haven't seen much (and all the snippets they've shown prior was amazing, so that should still count for something), those games will always be amazing in their own right (and we've witnessed all this with the streams recently just in case anyone forgot). Please don't be a wally and pull the trigger on the basis of early cover art without seeing much else.

One thing someone brought up is if there is Sega-related tie-ins for capsule toys/arcades etc. If there isn't that's an acceptable loss for me, just given the setting I'm more than content with the QTE/boxing mini games etc. There are many other creative ways to go about doing that stuff. I am interested to hear more about this though as time goes on...

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more, remember folks they'll be there in person and can/will make adjustments based on general feedback, it's always hard for anyone to anticipate what needs changing until it's out in there open, we're just getting started and let's see how next week goes.

I know it's hard, I wished these images could've complimented the gameplay for a more impactful first impressions but let's acknowledge it'll be a bumpy ride to launch and we're okay.

I was only anxious from the early reactions of others and the media and seeing everything all at once but I am really really excited with what's shown and what's yet to come!

P.s. not understanding the deep silver hate, literally every game I bought this year was published/distributed by them, so they seem to be publishing games I like!

P.p.s okay so looking into it people are bringing up MN9 advert and a low stock of units for previous Sega games at launch (the former was just unfortunate, uncreative marketing. I admit the latter was a problem when ordering dreamfall and yakuza for me and some others in the UK as the units were limited and weren't sent on time so I got them two weeks after launch, but how does that make them bad? I'm sure they'll prepare things appropriately for next time, and long as they're supporting the game this level of hate towards them seems a little ungrateful of people to point out imo, especially knob heads who are attributing the score of 6/10 for it...

Update: missed my second train with all this absorption of info, need to wait 50mins for the next one to come... crap. I'm in a dazed state right now, not aware of what's happening around me xD sorry on the wall of text, big day!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
by FlagshipFighter
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic