Search found 359 matches

Return

Re: [video] - Full Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Twitch Broadcast

:heart:
Amir wrote:
Technophilz wrote: Honestly ... I don't know whether I should laugh or cry

I'm still laughing. Definitely worth staying up for.

Off to bed now, almost 5am here, I'm sure RedShirt will be in my dreams :heart:

In our dreams and in our hearts <3
by Jibby
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [video] - Full Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Twitch Broadcast

Honestly ... I don't know whether I should laugh or cry

I'm still laughing. Definitely worth staying up for.

Off to bed now, almost 5am here, I'm sure RedShirt will be in my dreams :heart:
In our dreams and in our hearts!
I really need some Fanta right now :-({|=
I think we're going to need something stronger than that.
by Jibby
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Make every user's local time visible.

I'd like to see a feature that adds the local time of a user underneath their title or something. I think it could come in handy and I've seen other forums do it (so hopefully it is possible). Thanks :D
by Jibby
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 - Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

People are being too harsh. Yes, it was unprofessional, but no, it hasn't and won't hurt the Kickstarter and it doesn't make the project look bad. I understand that it's Shenmue III and it's really important, but we need to stop looking for excuses and justifications for the slowing down of the KS - it's only natural.
Last night we found out some new information and got some new reward tiers which in result caused a funding boost. I don't see how anyone can think that is a bad thing. Perhaps they could have answered some more questions but it's still better than nothing.

Plus, Red Shirt was lovable.
by Jibby
Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

I feel genuinely bad for Joel Tess. All of these insults, jokes, gifs and memes about him are just unnecessary and cruel. All he was trying to do was lighten the mood and whilst he did come off as unprofessional, he hardly deserves to become hated and called all of these nasty, awful things.
Posting links to his Facebook and Twitter here is incredibly immature. Let's face it, he's going to get trolled on his personal social network pages.
At the end of the day, he's a human being with feelings that don't deserve to be hurt. He was clearly nervous about being on stream and was trying to play it off by overreacting. If people are going to roast him, it's just going to make his confidence worse which is really sad. I'm really disappointed with the general attitude here. I would have expected better.
by Jibby
Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

I cannot believe what I am reading right now.
He made a complete mockery of Yu Suzuki in front of a live twitch audience. I had to return the favor by creating this very topic.

I think attacking people is crass and pointless and does nothing for our cause.

Maybe not, but it's fun.

So this is how the Dojo operates now? By taking some sort of 'justified vengeance' and making a mockery of an individual because of the way he acted in an interview. Turning him into a laughing stock, criticizing him, posting links to his social media pages, claiming that he is ruining the Kickstarter campaign, and having fun doing so? How can somebody find hurting the feelings of another person fun? Joel Tess does not deserve this at all.

Absolutely disgusting.
The people acting like this should be ashamed.
by Jibby
Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Response from Joel "The Red Shirt Guy" Tess & Awesome Ja

To be fair, at least Awesome Japan are quite good when it comes to responding to user messages. I've sent a couple of questions and received answers relatively quickly. And they also seem willing to listen to our advice and feedback. Good job with the questions.

On an unrelated note, is it respectful to call Yu Suzuki "Mr.Suzuki" instead of "Suzuki-San"? (I know very little about Japanese culture so hopefully I'm not coming off as too ignorant)
by Jibby
Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue III should get a UserVoice page.

If you're unfamiliar with what UserVoice is, it's basically a page where people can submit questions and suggestions for people to vote for. Everyone gets a limited number of votes to begin with, but can earn votes back by having their suggestion voted for (either that or they get their votes renewed every 24hrs - I can't remember exactly). The top voted suggestions and questions are then put at the top of the list and the person in charge can respond.

I see this being useful for two reasons.
1. It would allow us to easily ask questions regarding the Kickstarter and development and see public responses.
2. Yu wants to involve the community as much as possible during development. Not only would it provide a direct link with Yu Suzuki and other members of the development team, but Uservoice also allows for the person in charge to mark suggestions as "Accepted", "Rejected", "In Progress" and "Complete", as well as having a forum for each one. This allows us to see exactly what suggestions have been approved and how far into development they are.

Here is an example of a Uservoice (Windows 10):
https://windows.uservoice.com/forums/265757-windows-feature-suggestions

If you think this suggestion is a good idea, please Tweet the relevant accounts such as Yu Suzuki and Shenmue 3 Official to let them know of this utility and possible benefit to the campaign and to development.
Thanks!
by Jibby
Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Awesome Japan

I accept the apology but to show their sincerity make Joel (Fanta) Tess an NPC in Shenmue III. He could bump into Ryo while drinking Fanta and then give a sincere apology. lol

That would actually be pretty funny and cool. x)

I can imagine him in Shenmue, as one of the more eccentric characters. He kind of reminds me of that guy that hung around the harbour (the one with the Elvis hair)
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/cTNE07tF3cM/hqdefault.jpg
by Jibby
Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I have listened to Shenmue music non-stop since KS start

For me, FREE 1 stands out the most. It's the first piece of music that plays once you leave the dojo and set off on your quest for revenge. It sets the mysterious tone perfectly considering the fact that Ryo doesn't know why his father was killed and is currently unaware of what he is getting himself into.
It's also peaceful but sad, as if Ryo has come to terms with what has happened and is no longer in shock but at the same time still deeply upset and depressed.

I'm probably overanalysing it, but I can't help but think that every time I hear the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84jVIRENnVA
by Jibby
Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #27 New rewards!

Really cool idea, and it encourages those sitting on $60 to up their pledge a little.
by Jibby
Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please share this alternative Shenmue III Kickstarter vi

Thank you guys for the congratulations. I will also address some of the things being asked.

Joel Tess from Awesome reached out to me via Youtube Messages and told me that Yu Suzuki had seen my video and loved it and that he wanted to use it on the Kickstarter page. Once I emailed him about it and said I'd love to do that, my video was shown to SEGA who requested that the arcade footage was taken out and that copyright notices were put in. (I also received request to change the logo but I'm unsure if that's Sega's doing of if it's a personal choice of Yu Suzuki). Once the final version was made I emailed it to Joel Tess who put it up on the page.

I was in touch with Dreamcaster's Tube when I first put the original video up and he said that he's ok with people using his footage as long as they credit him in the description. I'm not taking credit for his work.

"These goals can only be achieved through Kickstarter" is to encourage people to pledge and clear up the fact that Sony and others contributions likely wont be enough to cover any stretch goals.

Anyway, thank you guys for the amazing words. I never thought it would get this far and I feel really honored to be acknowledged by Yu Suzuki and Awesome Japan :D
by Jibby
Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please share this alternative Shenmue III Kickstarter vi

Sorry I made you waste your time with the arcade footage only to see it get pulled, congrats on winning Suzuki-san's favour, though!
Nah, it looked good and people are still sharing the original version outside of Kickstarter, so it's still doing its job :)
But honestly, I just about started crying when I saw that Yu Suzuki himself loved my video!
by Jibby
Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alternative Shenmue Kickstarter video now featured on K

It seems they were working on another video then. What finishing touches were they doing and for which video. Could not have been your video as you revised it. So maybe we can expect an upgraded main kick starter video. Makes sense to have it up by Friday so people are enticed to spend their hard earned weekly wage. :-)
Good point. They'll very likely be using a 3rd party to make their promotional videos so there are a lot of scenarios that are possible:
They might be having communication problems (timezones can be tricky, most of my emails to Joel Tess were sent at about 2am so that I could get a fast reply), the 3rd party might be behind schedule, or they are simply waiting until Friday like you said.
Hopefully we'll see it soon though!
by Jibby
Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $1 Million Away From Breaking Another World Record

Reprise wrote:anyone want to buy the piece of crap off me?

phpBB [video]
by Jibby
Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III controls/gameplay

Controls should be analog.

Hah! my arse, D-pad FTW!

http://dcmedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/shenmue2/controller2.jpg
http://havefaithdesignit.com/indexfolder/images/rose-tinted-glasses.png
I think someone's being blinded by nostalgia :P
Let's face it, Shenmue's controls are clunky and uncomfortable and definitely need a modern overhaul.
by Jibby
Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cedric bomb updates ???

The inclusion of a free sausage roll from Greggs for every tier above $29.
by Jibby
Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: False Memories - Shenmue Edition

My brother once made up this rumor that if you buy coffee from the vending machine, there's a chance that Ryo will drink half the can and then spit it back out again in disgust. Even though it wasn't true, I feel like I've seen it happen before.
by Jibby
Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #36: New Trailer & NPC Reward Added

I'll still buy Shenmue 3! I'll still play it and own it.

I'm just thinking, maybe I shouldn't invest thousands of dollars in it.

You are such an attention seeker.
Don't want to contribute thousands of dollars? Don't. We're not going to stop you. Stop thinking you can intimidate the Shenmue community by throwing your toys out of the pram and having a little temper tantrum.

You're like the kid at school who brings the football but takes it away and tries to ruin things for everyone because they're loosing.
by Jibby
Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III: FOR WUDE!

Donated $5. I really wish I could have donated more but sadly I'm not able to at this time. I really hope that we can get his name in the game. I wasn't really around when he was most active, but I've seen some of his posts in older threads. It seems he always had a positive attitude and was always willing to help the community out. He definitely deserves this. Kudos to those who organised it.
by Jibby
Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Be my +1 for the Monaco dinner!

I love how your title is "Asia Travel Representative" and you're planning to set up some traveling plans. Remember what happened to Ryo?
(Only joking of course :) )
by Jibby
Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keep this in mind when watching the Kickstarter finish!

I'm sure most people are aware of this by now, but just in case some aren't I'd like to make something clear about watching the end of the Kickstarter campaign.
It's not over until the counter reaches 0 minutes and 0 seconds. Don't get hyped or make any assumptions before this. Sadly troll pledges seem to be a big thing across many Kickstarter campaigns nowadays and we've already seen people do it to Shenmue.
I expect to lose 10 - 15k in the last couple of minutes (unless the final rush is so frantic that we're getting at least a thousand every few seconds) and if we are only just over the Bloodstained record (which to be fair, we might not even hit at all), it may push us back down.

Again, this might seem obvious to some, but how many times did we celebrate reaching 5m?

It isn't over until Yu Suzuki sings.
by Jibby
Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How Shenmue has been important to me for my entire life.

I'm a bit of a strange Shenmue fan. When the first game came out, I was only two years old. However my brother had a Dreamcast and Shenmue and I always watched him play it. A few years later, I too began to play the game, but being a very young child the most I ever did was buy toy capsules as I didn't even know that there was a story to progress (I also thought that Ryo's name was Shenmue :oops: )

Soon we got an Xbox and the faithful Dreamcast was put away but I never forgot the game where you buy drinks and toys. That eventually blossomed into my love for Shenmue. As I got older, I realised that there was much more too the game and that there was a deep story to be found. I started looking into the game more, reading about the characters and watching other people play it online. My understanding and love for the series kept growing until I pretty much knew the entire plot and almost every detail.

But when the Shenmue III Kickstarter was revealed, I realised that I never did revisit the game for myself. I never sat down with the intention of playing it on my own and taking in everything at my own pace. Tonight, despite being a huge fan of the game and franchise (which I know after reading this, some of you are going to debate), I finished Shenmue I on my own for the first time. It was completely different to watching a lets play. I feel that only now can I truly appreciate just how immersive the game is - something I didn't get from reading about the game or watching videos. It really feels as if I've rediscovered the game. It took me back to when I first started researching the plot properly. After doing such research I didn't think my love and passion for the franchise could grow any more, but I was very, very wrong and I realise now that whilst I thought the wait for III was a painful one, it was nothing compared to what a majority of you here were forced to endure. I got it easy.

So I want to thank the community for doing what they did to make Shenmue III a possibility. Whilst I'm a latecomer in loving the franchise (and an even later one for appreciating it fully) there's very little I wanted more than a third installment. I can only imagine how bad the people who have appreciated the game fully for 14 years wanted one. This is one of the most passionate fanbases I've ever seen and It's an honor to finally appreciate and hold the same passion.

I have a feeling that this is not the end of the road yet either. I still have Shenmue II to play. Maybe it will happen again.
by Jibby
Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter sets new record - LIVE REACTION

Did we break Kicktraq or is this supposed to happen? :???:

by Jibby
Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BIG BANG! 6 million reached and it keeps going!!!

Taren Fox wrote: IMPORTANT: Is anyone recording the LiveSteam? This is Shenmue history.

Twitch will do it automatically so no need to worry.
by Jibby
Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

Just bought a Radeon R9 290X GPU to replace my old Nvidia 650ti.

The thing is a beast! One of the biggest graphics cards I've ever seen. Somehow I managed to fit it into my mini ITX build but I can barely get the case's shell back on now lol.

Please excuse the dustiness under my desk and on the top of my case! I can assure you it's been dusted since this picture was taken :P
https://i.gyazo.com/cea4780baca85d85178972a33fd7af5c.png
by Jibby
Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Demul v0.7 alpha released. (Dreamcast Emulator)

Can anyone else confirm that about Blitter Limit Pix/Sec?
I have no idea what Blitter Limit Pix/Sec and doing google search was not helpful.
Does this makes a difference in certain scene that I can check myself?
I am trying to find the best performance settings available.
I have no idea what it does but the difference is like night and day for me. However these things can be hardware dependent and what works well on my PC might not work so well on yours. Try it and see if it does anything for you. Spending an hour or so tweaking settings to find the best config for your machine is really worth it. It's all trial and error in the end.
by Jibby
Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Paypal Update... Sort Of

Or it could just be that around a week ago, we all threw a combined total of 6.3 mil at them, and they are in no real hurry to get the Paypal page up because they know we're all currently broke :)

Speak for yourself. I'm sitting on millions. I just want them to work for it.
YS NET Behind the scenes
https://youtu.be/7bXjWRXDFV8?t=11s
by Jibby
Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Has anyone seen Wude? People are worried.

I don't know the extents the search has already gone to, so forgive me if this suggestion is something that you've already tried, but I noticed that you tried reaching out to him on Facebook. Have you reached out to anybody on his friends list, mainly people he might have listed as relatives or close friends? I know that there's a language barrier but if you haven't tried it yet, it really might be worth investing in a translator. I'd be willing to donate towards that and I'm sure other members of the community would be too.
by Jibby
Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue playable in Windows 10 in nulldc?

Demul is running better in Win 10 64-bit than it did in 8.1 64-bit for me.
by Jibby
Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gio Gorsi [The Point, Gamespot]- How Shenmue III came to

I really like this video actually. Sure, it makes reference to the whole "Kickstarter only used to gauge interest" idea, but it does it in a neutral way and looks at a number of different points and arguments. I definitely wouldn't say that they are misinformed unlike a number of other game journalists. It also shed some light on the planning of Shenmue III which is always nice to see.

(they also used snippets of my video which was a nice surprise for me :D )
by Jibby
Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Food Ever.

Scottish Stereotype:
http://anglotopia.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/friedpizza.jpg
It's a fried pizza crunch (basically a pizza battered and deepfried) with chips and chippy sauce!

No, but in all seriousness, I have to agree that Mexican food is great. But Indian food is also fantastic. Went to a really good Indian restaurant (one that served the kind of food that they would actually eat in India and not our interpretation of it) and it was one of the best meals I've ever had.
by Jibby
Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Forget the cat, Ryo should have a...

There was a Seaman 2?

How the...
by Jibby
Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do you think you'll die before S3 release?

SMDzero wrote: What if the world literally ends the day before Shenmue 3 comes out??

My guess is that it would ruin the chances for a fourth installment.
by Jibby
Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BBC: Secrets of China

If anyone is interested, BBC's Billie JD Porter is currently doing a series of documentaries which look into the lesser known social issues facing modern day China. Despite the fact that this isn't even slightly related to the China we'll be seeing in Shenmue III, I still thought I'd share it here as it's a very interesting watch and it's still sort of vaguely relevant to this community. The first episode expires on the iPlayer this Wednesday.

If anyone wants to take a look, here is the link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b068232r/secrets-of-china-1-fit-in-or-fail
If you're outside of the UK, just find some browser proxy and you should be fine.
by Jibby
Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's Shenmue: Article about the saga's history

Absolutely fantastic work!
by Jibby
Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prologue for Shenmue 3

After 14 years, Ryo and Shenhua's epic staring contest has finally come to an end.
by Jibby
Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #47

This is ridiculous. I can't believe that there are people here who actually think that it would be viable to make Shenmue III using the original Shenmue engine.
One minute, you complain that these pre-pre-alpha screenshots don't look good enough and point to a shit Shenmue and then next you suggest that using the DC engine would somehow make it all better? As if that engine is completely flawless? Do you not understand just how limited that would make the game. Remember all of those stretch goals that we so hope to achieve? They wouldn't be possible using the old engine. Maybe Shenmue III could have been done back in the day on that engine, but we need to stop living in the past. Shenmue III isn't a game from multiple generations ago, it's a game for the current gen and that needs to be expected and accepted otherwise it isn't going to be an enjoyable experience for anyone.

And for those who think that these incredibly early screenshots suggest that YS.NET don't know what they are doing, can we please use this as a reminder of just how much things can change:
Lan Di (Project Berkley)
https://i.gyazo.com/fa42c18bb253a2dc20e3bc889efe78b5.png

Lan Di (Final)
http://www.vgnetwork.it/images/Shenmue/Shenmue-landi.jpg
by Jibby
Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's the point of using a more powerful engine, if the people using such, are doing way worse then what has been done with another, yet older engine?

And what are you basing that on? Some pre-pre-alpha material? If you were to take a look at ANY game this early into development cycle, they'd all look much, much worse than the final project. Is the concept of improvement over time foreign to you? Or do you expect the team to finish in 3 months and then have some beers and kick it back for a few years before deciding to actually release the game?
by Jibby
Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NeoShredder wrote: I really want to wait until the game is out, but (spoilers)

I can't wait to see what Lan Di is gonna look like...I ain't never seen such a Hi-Def cold stare man

Lan (H)Di
by Jibby
Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Purple Shenmue

I don't think it's fair to claim that he's a troll for suggesting this. He's not trying to bait or fool anyone, just sharing a thought.

Personally, I don't think the fortune teller has any relevance. Just seems like a hint system for stuck players, and obviously they'd want to make it look mythical explaining the similarities to the Phoenix mirror.
by Jibby
Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic