Search found 359 matches

Return

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

I'll be in the board's chatroom tonight for the Sony conference if anyone else wants to join me. Always a good atmosphere in there during these sorts of things. I'll never forget the explosion in chat when Shenmue III was announced last year; it made the whole thing so much better! Good times :mrgreen:
by Jibby
Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ...

And to make things even more complicated and divided, Nicola Sturgeon is taking advantage of the situation and now wants to hold a 2nd independence referendum for Scotland in light of the result. This is disastrous.
by Jibby
Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The EU Referendum (on June 23, 2016)

Remaining in the EU is an absolute must.
by Jibby
Thu May 26, 2016 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UK vote to leave the European Union

I voted Remain, but I do not agree with the mass scale protests and riots. People always talk about living in a democratic society such as the UK but then refuse to accept democracy when it does not favour them.
I hate the fact that we'll no longer be part of the EU, I worry about my future as a student and I worry about the consequences this will have on factors such as the economy. But that is democracy and instead of getting nowhere by giving the impression that as remain voters we can't accept democracy, we need to band together to make this work.

I don't like it, but it's happening so we need to make the most of it.
by Jibby
Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update - 1 Year Anniversary

It's great to know that Yu's happy with the way the game is turning out.
Also, those environments really excite every time I see them. To think that we'll soon be running around them as Ryo Hazuki and continuing the story of Shenmue in a world that looks like that blows me away.

I'm excited!
by Jibby
Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: #Stop ban

Brosauce in a nutshell:

by Jibby
Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need Help finding this image!

Some of the detail was lost, so it's not quite as nice looking, but if it's any use to you I was able to convert the picture into vectors and scale it up to a higher resolution:

by Jibby
Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The_Fuzileiro wrote:That's just one work to say and it is in my language: "Caaaaaaaaaraaaaaalhooooooo"

Thank you so much guys! For me... it is perfect! I'm gonna cry! :lol:

Thanks a million man! Everybody! Thank you!

Fantastic! Glad you like it. Enjoy your shirt :D
by Jibby
Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 nominated at the Golden Joystick Awards 2016

MiTT3NZ wrote: I'm actually looking forward to Sea of Thieves more, even though it'll probably be a fucking mess when it gets released.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised. Judging from your signature, things you look forward to do indeed seem to be a fucking mess.
by Jibby
Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 nominated at the Golden Joystick Awards 2016

Monkei wrote:He must have really been looking forward to your attempt at making a witty remark criticizing his taste then! :lol:

Oh dayum! I've been outdone :P
by Jibby
Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

James Brown wrote:Wow completely forgot to check back in here! Great job Jibby, that image is fantastic!

I second you enjoying your new shirt dude, please show us a photo of the finished piece when it's done :)

Thanks James! And yeah, I really hope we get to see a photo of the shirt \:D/
by Jibby
Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Do you guys remember that feeling on the Dojo in the days coming up to E3 2015 of just pure positivity and hope, like we all knew something Shenmue related was going to happen even though we didn't have any solid information to go on? It was so surreal (like seriously, go back and read the E3 2015 thread). It could just be becuase of Peter's fantastic posts, but I imagine that feeling might return this December for PSX 2016.
by Jibby
Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #60: Dinner in Japan Reward Report

I think the expression on everybody's face at whatever was on that laptop tells us more about Shenmue III then any update so far. I mean, that's the reaction of loyal fans who have waited over a decade for Shenmue III. That's what we're all going to look like when we boot the game up for the first time and start playing. It shows us just how well development is going and much it's going to feel like a Shenmue game. It's so exciting!
by Jibby
Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Main Menu

I've also made a mockup to show what I think the perfect Shenmue III title screen would look like. Ours are really similar Peter :-o
(but I guess there's only so much you can do with 30 seconds of direct feed :P )

phpBB [video]
by Jibby
Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue: The Movie Remastered

Congratulations!
by Jibby
Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Playing Shenmue in realtime 60FPS (Proof of concept)

So before I start, I want to make it clear that this is a proof of concept. It's not really practical at all and you wouldn't want to play the game this way (bad latencty, occasional stutter, general instability etc.), but it is my hope that with enough tweaking and exploring different methods I can change that.

With that being said, let me guide you through the process of playing Shenmue in realtime 60FPS.

You're going to need the following things:
A pretty beefy machine (I'm using a R9 290X and an i5 4690k, so something along those lines should work)
DEMUL (or whatever emulator you prefer)
A Shenmue ROM
SVP (https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Main_Page)
XSplit Broadcaster
MPC-HD (32 bit!!)

First of all, you're going to need to install all of the software above. (You might need to make an account for XSPLIT I'm afraid).

Once you've done that, launch SVP. It should run through some tests and eventually bring you to this screen:
https://i.gyazo.com/68e6d6ca4e3a0645654c3abedb2a3125.png

Match your settings to the one in my screenshot.

The next thing you'll need to do is launch 32 bit (VERY IMPORTANT!) version of MPC-HD. Upon doing so, go to View > Options. Then look on the left hand list for "Internal Filters". Once that is selected, there should be a button named "Video decoder". Click on that and a new window will popup. On the right of this window should be a panel titled "Hardware Acceleration". Click on the dropdown box and set it to "DXVA2 (copy-back)". You can then click ok to close out of that window. Here's a screenshot to clarify:
https://i.gyazo.com/968ba0cd641e81020ca4f65a57a5df20.png

Next, look on the left hand list again for "External Filters". Once that is selected, click "Add Filter", look for "ffdshow raw video filter" and add that. Make sure it's checked and that it is set to "Prefer". Again, apply the changes.
https://i.gyazo.com/cf6d2c85d2c5639195af79a81032c102.png

Finally, you're going to want to look on the list for "Capture" and select that. Under "Analogue settings" change "Video" to "XSplitBroadcaster". Leave everything else as default as it shouldn't make any difference. If you don't see this option, try opening and then closing Xsplit and trying again. You can now apply and close the settings window.
https://i.gyazo.com/8a2b9e7620377c2e73027a37c0607a79.png

Next, open up your emulator (I suggest DEMUL) and set it to a low resolution like 640x480 (Realtime interpolation at high resolutions makes the game stutter a lot!). Save these settings and launch the emulator.

With the emulator running, launch XSplit and create a new scene (you can do so in the bottom right hand corner). Once you have done this, in the bottom left click "Add" > "Game Capture" and then there should be an option that depicts your emulator. In my case it was "gpuDX11nghw" but this may vary depending on your emulator/plugins. After adding this, stretch it as large as it will go in the preview window. You should now have something that looks like this:
https://i.gyazo.com/1380beef66fb276f268c03d13bb4ab0f.png

With the emulator and XSplit still running, lauch MPC-HD (32 bit!!) again. Click on "File" > "Open Device". You should hopefully see Shenmue within MPC-HD now (if not, read on anyway). We're almost done. On the left hand side you should see two numbers next to a "Set" button. Ensure both of these numbers are set to 0 and then click "Set".
https://i.gyazo.com/f511e4a0d8b01cd4b003c5a592d23d55.jpg

If you followed the guide correctly, the video feed within MPC-HD should be in 60FPS. Drag your emulator window offscreen but keep it the active window (so that you can control the game). And there you have it, Shenmue in realtime 60FPS! However like I said at the start, I cannot stress enough that this is a proof of concept . There's going to be latency and there's going to be stutter. I just thought it was a cool little thing to try.
by Jibby
Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

The US just elected a living meme as their president! Prepare for the dankest 420 years of your lives my American friends!
by Jibby
Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't support Trump, but I respect democracy and I think it's vile that these kinds of attacks and protests are happening. You might not agree with the outcome, but if that's the choice that's been made in a democratic society, you need to respect that and make the most of it. It's the reason why I'm also against the idea of a 2nd Brexit referendum here in the UK despite being a very strong Remain supporter. You can't participate in democracy and then decide not to accept it if it doesn't favor you; that isn't how it works.
by Jibby
Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That crushing moment when you realise that perfect brew you had was a complete accident and can never be recreated.
I completely forgot that this was random thoughts and spent ages trying to figure out how this linked to the election lol.

But on topic, I've been there before and yeah, it's very disheartening :(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
by Jibby
Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Community Projects Random Thoughts

Is that the new Shenmue III Ryo model?
by Jibby
Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ahh gotcha, that makes more sense. Sorry, I misinterpreted your post I think. When you put it that way, that's probably a fair enough assumption to make.
by Jibby
Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

During the Kickstarter we had to fight all the bullshit media that claimed Shenmue III was first party. It's not, it's being developed by Neilo and YS.NET; two companies that have nothing to do with Sony. Sony are only publishing the PS4 version so I don't think it'll have a panel. The success of Shenmue isn't really that much of an important factor for Sony compared to first party titles like Death Stranding possibly some new Naughty Dog games.
by Jibby
Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Poll] Place your bets: What happens at PSX?

I'm voting both. I'm usually pessimistic when it comes to Shenmue HD, but for some reason I just have this really strong feeling that this could be it and I have no idea why.
by Jibby
Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah come on guys, let's give it a rest. What happened was disappointing but we're just going to make ourselves feel so much worse if we convince ourselves that it's all doom and gloom from here. Yes, it's worrying that we've not been shown anything substantial for a while but that's always been the way Yu's done things from the very beginning of the campaign. I don't think he quite understands the importance of marketing and believes instead that we'll have faith and 'trust in Yu'. I'm not defending that point of view, marketing is very important and the idea that we should just have faith completely neglects the idea of any potential newcomers to the series.

What I'm trying to say is yes, we have the right to be disappointed. This will probably have ramifications and it feels awful. But let's suck it up. There's noting we can do about it now and if we keep coming up with all these stupid theories that production has stopped or that the game is going to be awful, we're just going to make things so much worse for ourselves. It's like rubbing salt in your own wounds. Let's not do that.

And Peter, thank you so much for the stream! Apart from the no-show I really enjoyed your commentary and the community spirit I felt there was top-notch. It really helped soften the blow too, haha.
by Jibby
Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Shenmue 3 Until E3 2017!!!

Jesus christ, people are still having hissy fits over this? Look, I always try to be a voice of reason here on the forum, but seriously, take a chill pill, go outside and get some fresh air. People are getting legit stressed out irl due to the fact that a video game didn't appear at a convention. It's ridiculous and not worth the stress your inflicting on yourself. It's just a game. At the end of the day you'll have your Shenmue III so just chill and don't make the final product sour for yourself by acting like everyone involved is evil. Yu Suzuki is not your enemy, Cedric Biscay is not your enemy. Nobody is trying to deliberately wrong-do you so stop acting like they're bad people.
by Jibby
Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jesus christ, people are still having hissy fits over this? Look, I always try to be a voice of reason here on the forum, but seriously, take a chill pill, go outside and get some fresh air. People are getting legit stressed out irl due to the fact that a video game didn't appear at a convention. It's ridiculous and not worth the stress your inflicting on yourself. It's just a game. At the end of the day you'll have your Shenmue III so just chill and don't make the final product sour for yourself by acting like everyone involved is evil. Yu Suzuki is not your enemy, Cedric Biscay is not your enemy. Nobody is trying to deliberately wrong-do you so stop acting like they're bad people.

Who says I'm stressed out? I'm living life grandly. Don't mistake my criticisms for the KS campaign for me having no life. You are projecting and makes it look like you can't take criticism towards the game, which is probably even more pathetic than what you're accusing me of. Chill? I'm chill. I'm just stating how I feel and there's nothing wrong with that.

I wouldn't consider writing paragraph after paragraph on thread after thread about your disappointment over a video game as 'living life grandly' but ok. You've allowed yourself to get so wound up about this and it's getting a bit silly now. You're quite clearly not chill. There's nothing wrong with expressing your disappointment, we all did; the only difference is we've all managed to move past it whilst here you are still talking shit about everyone involved and making petty threats of informing the media and damaging the reputation of Suzuki in complete spite. I think that's a fairly good reason to come to the conclusion that this is stressing you out.
by Jibby
Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Himuro,
I'm sorry if I came off as rude in my posts - it's not my intention. I understand what you're trying to say, I really do. The way things have fallen for Shenmue III is so unfair, it really is. The mishandling of the Kickstarter, the misinformation of the media and the ramifications this has had on the reputation of Shenmue is awful.
I completely agree that new footage at PSX could have changed all of that and I realise that this is why everything is so disappointing for you. Cedric led us to believe that Shenmue was about to triumph the injustices that it has faced and we were left empty handed. Do I think his intentions were malicious? No, but it was definitely disappointing.

But please realise, Shenmue III will be done justice one day. Be it at E3 or in an update that day will come. However until then, all we have is morale. I understand that after being let down as much as we were, it's really easy to become demotivated, but if we let morale drop we've got nothing. We're Shenmue fans - we've thrived on morale for 14 years. We can hold out just a little longer.

I get you might not agree with me on this, and that's completely ok. I don't have any ill will towards you and I'm not going to try and tell you how to feel. I just hope you'll understand the point I'm trying to make.
by Jibby
Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

My guess is that the board is some kind of beanbag toss:

Although, I'm not too sure where the forklift fits into that. A prize perhaps?
by Jibby
Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have you guys been reading too much IGN or something? Why is there such a trend of hating Yu Suzuki and Shenmue III on here lately? So what if they're not as far into development as planned. It just means the game gets delayed (which a lot of people want anyway).

If what Rikitatsu says is to be believed, it's no wonder that we're not seeing super impressive material yet. However so many people pressure the studio to show us new material, they buckle to the pressure and release disappointing screenshots (with photoshoped elements), people see them and become even further disappointed and the cycle of hate continues.

Guys, Yu Suzuki literally said in this update that he's staying in his office overnight because he cares so much about Shenmue III. It's shameful to call Shenmue III 'humiliating' after seeing screenshots that we probably pressured the team to release with our constant messages after PSX. If the team are behind, we need to be understanding and supportive instead of going 'Games Media' mode. Shenmue III will be a great game, even if we have to wait a while longer for the good stuff to come to light.

Remember guys:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Czs9TT9W8AARw_n.jpg
by Jibby
Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Guys, Yu Suzuki literally said in this update that he's staying in his office overnight because he cares so much about Shenmue III. It's shameful to call Shenmue III 'humiliating' after seeing screenshots that we probably pressured the team to release with our constant messages after PSX. If the team are behind, we need to be understanding and supportive instead of going 'Games Media' mode. Shenmue III will be a great game, even if we have to wait a while longer for the good stuff to come to light.

Jibby - The voice of reason! Love it when you post as you manage to put exactly what I am thinking, into better words than I ever could!
Thanks man! I appreciate that :)
by Jibby
Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Twitch Channel - schedule & discussion

Stream's live!
Come join us in chat: https://www.twitch.tv/shenmuedojo

In case you missed the first stream, you can catch up with it here:
phpBB [video]
by Jibby
Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

I'm pretty pessimistic when it comes to potential remasters, but anything can happen. It makes sense for Sony to fund the remasters but I sometimes get the feeling that Shenmue isn't that big of a priority for Sony.

To answer your questions though, unless I start seeing more Shenmue promotion from Sony soon, I think it's about a 4/10 chance. As for the name, I think it definitely should be something along the lines of "Shenmue: The HD Collection". I don't expect much extra to be added except for wait features in Shenmue I and higher resolution textures with mipmapping.
by Jibby
Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quick reminder that part 3 of Peter's Shenmue Undub playthrough should be going live tonight at 11pm GMT on https://www.twitch.tv/shenmuedojo
In case you need to catch up beforehand, here's last week's episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGtPJ9_ciUM

You should definitely try to watch live if you can, it's a lot of fun!
by Jibby
Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Holidays.

Despite the fact that we as a community have been a little bit divided over the past couple of months, I want to take the opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

No matter what happens with Shenmue III's development process, we did it and it's something we should all be proud of. If it wasn't for us and our hard work, the idea of Shenmue III would still be a dream. But we're going to get the game and I still do a double take when I realise that. It's a truly amazing thought!

I can't think of any fanbase that has the same sense of community as the Shenmue fanbase and I'm proud of that. We don't always agree, but we're very passionate and passion is what got Shenmue III into development.

So let's celebrate! I hope you guys have a great festive period - no matter what you believe in, and let's all look forward to Shenmue III news in the upcoming year!

See you guys in 2017 :D
by Jibby
Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue I/I/III images [Dec 26 interview]

Spaghetti wrote: The Google Translate version of Yu's bio is hilarious.

The latest work "Champagne III" will be released on PC and PS 4 in December 2017.

Champagne III. Karim was right! :lol:

CONFIRMED!

by Jibby
Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Part 4 of Peter's Shenmue Undub playthrough should hopefully be going live in around 15 minutes!
https://www.twitch.tv/shenmuedojo

Hope to see you guys in chat :D

Here's last week's episode in case you missed it:
phpBB [video]
by Jibby
Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PlayStation.Blog Game of the Year 2016 Awards - Shenmue

Keeping my fingers crossed for Shenmue! Would be great to see it win.
by Jibby
Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE GAIDEN: CHRISTMAS EVENT

Thanks for this! I really enjoyed it :D
by Jibby
Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE GAIDEN: CHRISTMAS EVENT

Peter wrote: Awesome work bud! I will stream this, on the Twitch Channel this Thursday! If you want to make a promo banner for it, I can put it on the channel! :D

Can't wait to see this!
by Jibby
Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Guardian: The 42 most anticipated video games of 2017

Shenmue III makes the Guardian's list of the most anticipated video games of 2017:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jan/04/video-games-2017-guide?CMP=fb_gu

Shenmue 3 (Neilo/Ys Net; PC/PS4)

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/f800f61628df018dcd7f17d60ce647b8ccb1133f/80_0_1200_720/master/1200.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=a17ef24c424ab5968e761de2a36d2cd8

Sony almost broke the internet when this long-awaited close to Yu Suzuki’s adventure trilogy was announced at E3 in 2015. Following a total of $6m raised through crowdfunding, the game is hopefully on track for release late this year, following vengeful hero Ryo Hazuki to China where he continues the hunt for his father’s killer, Lan Di. But can it really live up to all that wild expectation?
Release: December

Good stuff!
by Jibby
Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Something a bit different today on the Twitch channel! Peter will be playing through ShenSun's fangame: ' Shenmue Gaiden: Christmas Event '. If there's enough time after that, the Shenmue playthrough may continue.

Stream starts in half an hour (11pm GMT, 3PM PST, 5PM CT, 6PM ET) over at https://www.twitch.tv/shenmuedojo

And as always, last weeks stream is available to watch here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt5HtqTYChs&t=14s

Hope to see you guys there :D
by Jibby
Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmuehd.com Domain Registered

Interestingly, the sources mention that in systems the game is named "Shenmue 1 & 2 Pack" in systems. This foreign website has this title listed with a release date of the 14th of April:
http://www.getgame.sk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2327

Not very creditable, but strange nonetheless. Is there a way to see how long a page has been up for?
by Jibby
Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic