Search found 359 matches

Return

Re: Mr357's Shenmue Dojo Twitch / Youtube Stream Discussion

Hey everyone, quick reminder that Part 7 of Mr357's Shenmue II playthrough will be going live tonight at 9pm BST ( 4pm EST/ 3pm CST/ 1pm PST) over at http://www.twitch.tv/shenmuedojo and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwxrJ6VW_l0.

Hope everyone can make it!

If you missed Part 6, you can catch it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP86nN4Yhrg
by Jibby
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I have exclusive information on sutoji!

He's full of shite.
by Jibby
Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue_Legend wrote:This is a great sign! The company that I asked to donate $50M refuse to answer whether they've donated or not. You know what this means? Ys Net obviously asked them to keep the information classified or something like that. Big things are going to happen, I'm sure!

lol
by Jibby
Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

careful guys he has a violin
by Jibby
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dorayaki wrote: Why have I been banned? I thought it was a 7 day suspension?

:-({|=
by Jibby
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Gaiden: A Christmas Story

ShenSun, this was incredible!
I absolutely adored how silly and quirky it was. Heaps of fun, and incredibly well put together too. I can tell that a lot of love went into making this.

Keep up the good work and I can't wait to play whatever you come up with next!
by Jibby
Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Kiske wrote: What do you guys think about the new characters introduced since the deal with Lakshya Digital?

I love the new characters. They really feel like what I'd expect from a 'next gen' Shenmue. People criticised Lakshya Digital when the came aboard, but I really think they've gone above and beyond.
by Jibby
Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2018: Can Shenmue III afford to miss this year?

Since the game is releasing this year I'm sure it will be at E3.
:rotflmao:

Considering what we saw of the magic stuff this game is a loooong way from being finished. Summer 2019 I would suggest.
The MAGIC footage we saw is very outdated and it is likely not indicative of the current state of the project.
That being said, I do agree that a delay is likely but I just don't think that we should be paying that extended trailer much attention when using it to judge how far along things are.
by Jibby
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kingdom deliverance proves that shenmue 3 can be masterp

I always find it a tad hypocritical that the same games media outlets who criticise Shenmue III's graphics mid-development don't ever seem to seriously criticise the fact that final product KC:D looks like a PC game from 10 years ago.

Annoys me to no end how willing they are to just jump on bandwagons instead of actually providing genuine researched work.
by Jibby
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue Dojo

Excited to see what the future holds!
by Jibby
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki's Conference at MAGIC 2018 [ENG]

Thanks Switch!

Interesting to read more into what Suzuki means by 'platonic love' between Ryo and Shenhua as I've never found it quite clear what he meant by that. My interpretation of Suzuki's answer is that it will be more of a compassionate relationship rather than a romantic one. I'd say that's definitely a better fit.
by Jibby
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've always felt that what we've seen of Shenmue III looks like a perfect modern day evolution of Shenmue's graphics. Thinking about a Shenmue game with cutting edge realistic graphics feels a bit off to me, so I'm happy with the direction that they're taking it.
by Jibby
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Corey Marshall currently set to record VO in late May

I can't put into words how happy I am that Corey is reprising his role as Ryo. Nobody else would do (at least, not in the English dub).

It's also probably better to take this as more of a sign that things are progressing well rather than using it to make guesses on how far along development is.
by Jibby
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Corey Marshall currently set to record VO in late May

I'm still a bit uncertain about an E3 showing, but if there is and they do something with Shenmue III specific voice lines then my hype will probably be kicked into overdrive haha.
by Jibby
Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 'Smell' Shader

WildManofBorneo wrote: I'm not certain if we have yet to see the 'smell' shader.

I can already smell Ryo's filthy unwashed clothes :lol:
by Jibby
Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo and Shenhua can't possibly retain their Shenmue 1/2

There's also an argument to be made that the models seen in the Shenmue Online CG trailer were a hell of a lot better (or the ones of Ryo and Lan Di, at least).
People say this a lot, but personally I think the Shenmue Online models are fucking awful.

For example:
https://puu.sh/zQRin/cd998d8827.png

If Ryo looked like this in Shenmue III, I think we'd be taking a big step back from what we've seen in the current screenshots.

The only part of that trailer Ryo looks good in is the side on close-up
by Jibby
Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo and Shenhua can't possibly retain their Shenmue 1/2

Welcome!
I think this is a good assertion. Shenmue III is going to look different to the previous games simply because it is a current gen game. Once people start realising and accepting that, I think they'll start being less taken aback every time a new character model screenshot is posted.
by Jibby
Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is it possible that we will see gameplay of Shenmue III this year? I hope for that!
It's definitely not impossible! Especially considering it's supposed to come out this year.

But even if there's a delay, I still think we have decent odds of seeing gameplay in some shape or form. Probably not at E3 though.
by Jibby
Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

(APRIL FOOLS) Project Update #81: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net

Greetings backers!
Today we have something very special indeed for you.
Throughout this campaign, many people have voiced their concerns that newcomers to the Shenmue series may feel alienated. Currently, there is no easy or convenient way to play Shenmue I and II without original Dreamcast/Xbox hardware and that's something we'd like to change.

We don't have the budget to fund fully fledged HD remasters of the first two games. But we're not going to let this stop us from bringing new fans a way to enjoy Shenmue I and II.

After much hard work, we proudly present to you: Shenmue HD: The Choose Your Own Adventure novel!

https://i.imgur.com/G2vwAUj.png

A Story Retold:

Shenmue HD: The Choose Your Own Adventure is a complete retelling of the original two games in interactive novel form. Story and progression awaits you with every page turn. Much like the original video adaptation of the game, you can directly control Ryo's decisions and effect the way in which the story plays out.

https://i.imgur.com/WrGntty.jpg

New Features:

Shenmue HD: The Choose Your Own Adventure will also include extra features that were not previously available in the original games. An example of this is the ability to save anywhere in Shenmue I with the included 'Save Anywhere' bookmark!

https://i.imgur.com/mKn1IXo.png

Modding API:

And finally, here's something all you modders and hackers will love. For the first time EVER , an official modding API will be available for Shenmue I and II. With this powerful and flexible API you can do almost anything; from tweaking the story to your liking, to using our advanced 'book engine' to make something completely different. The possibilities are endless. The only limit is your imagination!

https://i.imgur.com/WqH7NS0.png

That about wraps up our special announcement. We hope that you're just as excited as we are for Shenmue HD: The Choose Your Own Adventure .
Be sure to catch us at E3 this June where we will have a playable demo available for the public to enjoy.

Many thanks for your continued support:
- The Awesome Japan Team and YS.NET

As always Dojo, have a great April!
by Jibby
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It might just turn into a story about a teenager's journey into becoming a young man and finding inner peace. I'm certain he learns vengeance isn't the answer.

time travel. ive always imagined in the last shenmue game(after maybe something horrific..like all his friends dying and having to sacrificing himself to save the world), ryo being sent back in time to relive his first fight with lan di (s1) but this time, using his new fighting skills, he defeats lan di and saves his father.

i dont really see a better ending than getting the chance to save his father.
And if you lose the battle and Iwao is defeated, it just loops the story of Shenmue again.
10/10 perfect!
by Jibby
Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But I just don't see how would Ryo abandoning his quest for revenge would work. Wouldn't it all be for nothing then?

The available information on this game doesn't indicate that Ryo will do just that.

+1

Have some faith. This is Yu Suzuki we're talking about. If Ryo gives up his quest for revenge (which it seems like he will) then there will be good reasoning for it. It definitely won't 'all be for nothing'.

Shenmue isn't just a story about vengeance. You're missing the wider picture if you think that.
by Jibby
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: (APRIL FOOLS) Project Update #81: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net

Yokosuka wrote: It's so cool that I added the game to my "collection".

8-[

Shenmue Paranormal sounds exciting! Is that the one where the Hazuki Dojo features on an episode of Ghost Hunters because Iwao won't stop haunting the place? :lol:
by Jibby
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MAGIC '18 - ShenmueMaster Yu Suzuki interview

Well conducted interview by ShenmueMaster.
Whilst we got some fragments of info, I feel like Yu wants to keep certain gameplay mechanics under wraps for us to discover ourselves when we finally play the game.
by Jibby
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Festival 2018 - FES

I don't recall in recent years SEGA hyping up anything as much as they're hyping up this.

Shenmue HD or not, this is going to be big.
by Jibby
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Festival 2018 - FES

I’m sorry but I’m still unsure as to what we’ll be getting with the re-release as far as the cosmetic improvements of the games goes. I don’t mean to be a pain but could someone please clarify that what we’ll be getting will be something like the Shenmue videos that kid nocon made and uploaded on YouTube.

That’s what I’m hoping for as I’m sure many of you are. But I don’t think that’s what we’ll be getting going on the trailer that sega have released.
It's not a remake so cosmetic improvements won't be anything massive. You can expect 16:9 aspect ratio and HD resolution as well as possibly some new lighting and post-processing. That trailer is work in process so things will definitely improve further before release.

However, I think we should look at the bigger picture. Whilst we may not be getting super improved 'remake quality' graphics from this remaster, what we are getting is an easy and convenient way for people to access Shenmue as well as the preservation of the first two games. These are two of the best features of any possible Shenmue remaster I'd say.
by Jibby
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

Look, personal circumstances aside, this forum isn't the right place to ask people to buy games for you.

Discussion is beginning to get a bit off topic so I ask that we reel it back in a bit please.
by Jibby
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PC Version Modding

Now this is kind of a crazy idea. But would it be possible to carry out the type of modding that the folks over at GTAForums do? Meaning perhaps we could combine the Maps of Shenmue 1+2 all into one map. This would only work on the PC version im guessing but would it be possible? I now its pointless but having the entirety of Shenmue 1 and 2 on one big map with the story working alongside it would be awesome. maybe im asking for something that is uncessarry but im just curious and find the concept cool.

Would doing such a thing be easier on the PC port of both games? And this next one is abit extreme, but what about total conversion mods, where we add a new story essentially set in both maps? And a even further stretch would be to make a Shenmue 1 remake on PC?....yeah i am thinking wayyy to much.

I think you'd hit engine limitations before being able to do things that ambitious.

Also what about adding bikes into the HD ports? from what i remember, someone was modding a useable bike into Shenmue 1IRRC.
That's an interesting one actually. I'm no modder, but the bike mod could actually be feasible on the PC considering the progress that was made on the Dreamcast version.
by Jibby
Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nice to have Features for HD Release

I think I enjoy the game more with the fictional juice brands anyway to be honest.
The Coca-Cola branding was cool for realism, but product placement is product placement and it's a form of advertising I'm not hugely keen on. It never quite felt right when I played a version with the real world brands.
by Jibby
Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Remaster VS Original Comparison Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az7hNbTVfDs

Found this comparison video comparing the remaster to the DC version. It really shows how the remaster makes details pop. It's not got that washed out fuzzy look to it anymore. Maybe a few fog are effects are missing in the opening, but it's a WIP so I'm confident they'll be added back in.

This is definitely a sign of good things to come!
by Jibby
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concerns about Shenmue HD.

TBH it's weird, I think that most of us that have played Shenmue on Demul knows that it can look a lot better than what they have shown, without having the overhead of having to be emulation and with higher quality (at least uncompressed) assets it should look great.
They're probably focusing their efforts on getting the game running well first. Doubt it's an easy task getting code written for a Dreamcast to function well natively on modern day hardware. After that I imagine they'll sort out the visual side of it.
by Jibby
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Achievements Confirmed

Achievement Unlocked: Eat a carrot
by Jibby
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concerns about Shenmue HD.

A remake was never going to happen. I don't think anyone ever expected that.

It's also a WIP trailer so expect improvements in the visuals before release.
by Jibby
Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Remaster VS Original Comparison Video

Dorian wrote:Of course it's not that beta since the backgrounds are different.

That's what I'm trying to say. The remaster assets ≠ the beta assets. Both the background and the model's eye position is different.

It doesn't match the original release, but the remaster definitely isn't based on the beta.
by Jibby
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Remaster VS Original Comparison Video

So I was right after all... Anything cutscene driven is. 4:3...

Oh and there are missing shadows on that forklift race screenshot
Look, this is a WIP source code port.

They are literally taking code written twenty years ago for a Dreamcast and making it run on modern day hardware. Of course there are going to be things to iron out at this phase. That's literally what development is.

Your absurd implications that these issues will translate to the final version are hugely unfounded. Take a few moments to think it through before jumping to conclusions like that.
by Jibby
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

I love that new Hong Kong one so much! And the battle UI is looking slick.
by Jibby
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spyro: Reignited Trilogy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFD22Yru-UU

This is so exciting for me! Was holding out for this ever since the Crash remakes were announced.
I've got many happy memories playing the Spyro games and they form some of my most nostalgic video game moments ever. I've not played them in so long either so I'm absolutely psyched to be able to revisit them with a current gen upgrade. September cannot come soon enough!
by Jibby
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD Fact sheet

Honestly, I don't think timeskipping really has a place in Shenmue I. The features I'd like to see make the leap to Shenmue I is the button interface from II, saving anywhere, and enemy health meters.
by Jibby
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Time Skip In Shenmue I

Like I said in the other thread, I'm actually pretty happy about this. Time skip to me doesn't seem like a feature that has a place in Shenmue I.
by Jibby
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think if people get invested enough in the game to the point they actually reach a place where time skip would be useful, having to wait around a bit probably isn't going to convince them to stop playing.
by Jibby
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mrandyk wrote:They're adding zero features to the game that require any real work.

I wouldn't say that. They completely revamping the controls, redoing the UI from scratch as well as adding options for both Japanese and English audio. None of these things are exactly easy feats.
by Jibby
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cheapest Price for Shenmue 1&2 (UK)

SheepheadCG wrote: Base have their pre-orders up. It is now the cheapest at 22.99 and you do not have to pay upfront ;) Excellent service from them, got my Yakuza 6 After Hours Edition today :D

That price is too good. I've now preordered my copy!
by Jibby
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic