Search found 474 matches

Return

Re: Lets remake the Kickstarter video

ok i sent jibby the voice files. i'm not a pro, and i wasn't sure how much to ham it up, but whatever. if its too cheesy then the text will be fine. :P
by raunchy
Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets remake the Kickstarter video

I don't at all mean to downplay your hard work, but the real challenge is yet to come. We need all of the help we can get in order to get YS.net to actually use this video, even if it is definitively better. Excellent job though Jibby; I really hope it pays off.
by Mr357
Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please share this alternative Shenmue III Kickstarter vi

I like the dub personally. Thanks to Jibby and Raunchy from me :)

We definitely need to get Yu and his team to see this... Maybe coordinate tweeting it to the official account, Yu's account and some others?

I think you should've added Shenmuedojo at the very end btw lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
by joka
Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You misspelled "Kickstarter" on the no dub version. Besides that it's awesome!
by Ziming
Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just bought DC/Shenmue 1&2

I don't know the story or the gameplay. All I know is that these games are supposed to be fantastic and I decided to jump in now that S3 was announced. Can't wait to experience this for the first time!
by drumr470
Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Almost 5000 views! Keep sharing this!
by Mr357
Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 - Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

Thanks Jibby and SheepheadCG. It should be pretty cool ! It would be super cool if he'd show us some part of shenmue 3 from dreamcast that were a bit developped, but he probably won't.
by fif
Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Remember this?

Good times. To think just a year later we'd eclipse this day.

by Yama
Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Photography Thread

A good picture is a good picture regardless of where it came from!
by myshtuff
Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

Guys, I've been working feverishly today to get this site up. It's collaboration between me and my wife. She does the design, I do the coding. I think we make a good team. So, as you tweet and share about $30 on the 3rd please direct people to this website that will explain the campaign to people who may not understand:

http://www.30onthe3rd.com/
by elfshadowreaper
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [video] - Full Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Twitch Broadcast

Technophilz wrote: Honestly ... I don't know whether I should laugh or cry

I'm still laughing. Definitely worth staying up for.

Off to bed now, almost 5am here, I'm sure RedShirt will be in my dreams :heart:
by Amir
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

saw it. This was my response.

by Jeff
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: About The Disaster I watched on Twitch …

i think at the moment we have to appreciate that they are doing all this on very little or no money, unlike the first games where there was a huge publisher behind it. And you never even saw these early stages of a project before development had even begun. This was probably filmed at their office, and most of the people were interns working for free.
i thought it was ok. its a shame they couldn't answer more questions.

but so much great news came out of it;
more tiers, Ryo watch!
Corey Marshall coming back!
re working Ryo's face (better, but still not perfect, they admit its still being worked on)
more game details
they are working to get a ps4 physical release!
by johnvivant
Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

I feel genuinely bad for Joel Tess. All of these insults, jokes, gifs and memes about him are just unnecessary and cruel. All he was trying to do was lighten the mood and whilst he did come off as unprofessional, he hardly deserves to become hated and called all of these nasty, awful things.
Posting links to his Facebook and Twitter here is incredibly immature. Let's face it, he's going to get trolled on his personal social network pages.
At the end of the day, he's a human being with feelings that don't deserve to be hurt. He was clearly nervous about being on stream and was trying to play it off by overreacting. If people are going to roast him, it's just going to make his confidence worse which is really sad. I'm really disappointed with the general attitude here. I would have expected better.

THIS. The kickstarter efforts cannot be reduced to this.
by NeoShredder
Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't mind his quirkiness too much - the main issue I had was the lack of preparation and efficiency. The guy would repeat the exact answer that Yu Suzuki gave to us as a question, which has to go through the translator, back to Yu, back through the translator. There were a bunch of questions that were already answered 4-5 times in the kickstarter updates before the stream started, so he should've just compiled a list of all of those common questions and just went over them rapid fire in the beginning of the stream so we can get to new questions.

There should've also been someone dedicated to picking out questions from the comment section. All you have to do is scroll up to see all of the comments, and they would stop "moving too fast!". Let alone the video and audio quality was poor. Twitch streamers who stream for fun have better set-ups.

I agree with others who say that in the grand scheme, who knows how much a KS campaign management team REALLY affects the outcome. I think people want to buy a good product (Shenmue III) and cool shit (all the goodies from the tiers). But of course, you'd like for Shenmue III to get all of the positive help it can get.

Sometimes when we are a bit new to things or whatever... it comes down to a point where we find our selves doing something that is a bit stupid and takes time and understanding to see how it should have been done. I can agree with you that it seemed silly, but he obviously had no idea about it at the time. We all make these mistakes.

I was actually most unhappy about he quality of the ideo, mic and production...

The shimmering video and not being able to hear anything was the worse thing in my eyes. They really need to get a regular streamer to set them up or something.
by Jackie Fhan
Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I didn't really find any fault with the Twitch stream at all. I think maybe the red shirted man was nervous about having to answer to thousands of fans live, so it's understandable that he seemed a bit awkward. I honestly would be too. The blue shirted gentleman was patient and concise. All in all, Yu Suzuki was very polite and didn't seem at all bothered about the handling of his Q & A, so that's what's important to me.

In retrospect, some people may say that it could have been more polished, but I also find that in business it makes things easier to work with people who have similar rapport and do not make their colleagues or fan base uncomfortable. I wouldn't have enjoyed it if it were someone who didn't understand the gaming industry and were very stiff and parochial. I just chalk it up to a bad case of nerves for these folks.

As far as the questions go, I think perhaps they were addressing the topics that were being asked ad nauseum and were not clarified before. I'm really excited about Corey Marshall and the possibility of all the original voice-over actors. And it would make me very happy to see the HD releases, if possible. I give Yu Suzuki top marks for trying to make his fans happy... he genuinely cares about what we think and do. It's just a shame that some people cannot reciprocate the same respect for him and his team.

Moreover, in my opinion adding more rewards tiers at the going percentage rate (20-25%) could possibly be detrimental to the production cost, considering that the focus would be put toward producing merchandise rather than the actual game even at the ~72% budget schematic. I worry about that, as I see Suzuki and his team scrambling for more ideas in terms of rewards--- each product is going at a considerable markup to cover the ~25% budget set aside for it. But I also understand the consumer model and know that people would like to be aptly rewarded for their investments.

I truly appreciate Suzuki's incredible display of diplomacy and repose. I think between the immense burden of acquiring the rights, putting together a suitable development + financing + public relations team, and pleasing the prospective buyer, he appears verily composed.
by YUmakemygame
Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yea this sort of harassment and lampooning is super shitty and incredibly immature. If the mods don't care to take this sort of garbage down then I suppose they won't mind my comment. Go fuck yourselves. Are you adults? That's embarrassing. I can understand why the gaming community has a lot of people who pull shit like this. It's filled with 30 year old virgins and cynical teenage twerps who rely on escapism to make up for their pathetic lives and think its ok to try to humiliate others instead of looking in the mirror at their own mediocrity. A little clue, its not ok. Dude gave me quite the laugh but he just seemed like a harmless hyped Shenmue fan. Like a kid in a toy store and I don't blame him for that. He made what would have otherwise been a pretty dry and boring 50 minutes kind of entertaining. This is why the gaming community is so pathetic. They are just games and you take this shit waaay to seriously. The kickstarter is doing fine btw. If you want to take something serious don't watch gaming news, watch world news and instead of bashing harmless and powerless individuals go full ham on corrupt politicians and corporations. Spend the time making the world a better place instead of harassing insignificant people you worthless twerps. Fuk.

edit: Sorry 30 year old virgins, I didn't mean to bring you into this.
by go-ren
Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jibby and go-ren are right. This is not 2003 and 2004, we are grown adults now. We should not be reverting back to our selves from that time period, I know its been a while since we have all been around each other like this, but still. These negative vibes are pointless and only hurting Shenmue III, maybe we dont want this as bad as we are saying, maybe we dont deserve Shenmue III. Acting like entitled spoiled immature brats certainly isnt going to fix the issues. The excitement has turned into negative, and while thats not exactly our fault, the reactions arent helping...
by AnimeGamer183
Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The way the Q&A was handled yesterday was a debacle, that's for certain. However we need to come together as a community and bury it. Let's push forward for the sake of the Kickstarter, Shenmue III and Suzuki-san. At this point we can offer constructive criticism (there is another thread for the Twitch stream) and continue on with our own separate efforts.

I should not need to say this, but I will. We do not support or condone any form of personal attacks within this community. Let's carry on as we always have, positively and respectfully. That is the voice other parties will pay attention to, respect and trust. Thank you.
by Yama
Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The KS is a huge success and we shouldn't be discouraged

2 words - Yu Suzuki.

That's who's hands this project is in. With the original members of the Shenmue series to date. This will look like a Shenmue game. Feel like a Shenmue game. Sound like a Shenmue game. Have environments like a Shenmue game.

I don't give a shit what the final amount is, the money will come from somewhere. The litmus test of the Kickstarter has been successful, with all sorts of records set once again by the franchise. We are all gonna set Shenmue 3, with boxes of Shenmue goodies delivered to our door to boot. Id day it's a safe assumption that Sega will want to grab the easy money and release Shenmue and Shenmue HD in 2016. I'd hazard a guess it's already been green lit. Why wouldn't it?? Sega have money there waiting to be given to them!

It's a fucking fantastic time to be a Shenmue fan, the best time ever! From Kikizo articles, to darkness. From "we'll see" and "I think Sega will let me make it". From photos of Suzuki looking tired and dejected, to photos of forklifts and him walking onto the Sony stage to the fanfare of Sedge Tree. Fuck "we only made 8.5k", and "ooohhh well Bloodstained....". Fuck some goober acting a pillock on camera for an hour!

Sorry for the language but rant over!

It's Shenmue 3!!!!!
by Peter
Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm sure the farmers don't give a damn

I fear my talents as a writer are too lacking to do such a masterpiece justice.
by south carmain
Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS. Update #20: Corey Marshall returns & new reward adde

I've heard a lot of people complaining about marketing the Shenmue Kickstarter to a larger audience, and without naming names, I've seen some of those same people complaining about there being an English dub. If you want Shenmue to be appealing to a larger group of people, you're going to need English voice acting. A game with a foreign language and English subtitles isn't the most accessible way to go about things. I respect everyone who does believe that the Japanese VOs are superior to the English dub but I believe that YSnet is making the right move.

I'll admit I'm very excited for this news though. Corey is Ryo to me, I really wanted him to come back.
by Ceej
Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: *sigh* Kotaku frontpage. Slow news day.

Even fellow Kotaku editors be like "What the hell...?"

Image courtesy of Ryo Hazuki from Neogaf:

by ConanTheKing
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

Crying.... yep. Just like i was when Shenmue 3 was announced.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Shenmue%203%20dinner_zpsnssnyjmg.png

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-07-03-17-11-23_zpsfisfrbbt.png

I'M GOING TO MEET YU SUZUKI IN MONACO!! FUCK!!
by Peter
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Synopsis

As there are hardly any online synopsis that tells the plot of Shenmue in detail, I have written a detailed synopsis for Shenmue 1 & 2 for ppl who are new to Shenmue. Hope this will help the series reach out to more ppl.

Shenmue 1 Synopsis:
http://shenmuesaga.blogspot.sg/2015/07/shenmue-synopsis.html

Shenmue 2 Synopsis:
http://shenmuesaga.blogspot.sg/2015/07/shenmue-2-synopsis_4.html
by alvlegacy
Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why do you think Lan Di flew away?

He had to go to the bathroom.
by Jeff
Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NO LONGER CANCELLED: Shenmue500K Mod

update:

IM BACK IN ACTION.

The mod continues.
by shengoro86
Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS4/Sony exclusive (No Sega involvement) speculation

The idea that Kickstarter is just for indie games is just fucking ridiculous. Kickstarter is for projects that have tried and failed to secure funding. A project is put up on there, and if there is enough demand from people, and they're willing to put up money out of their own pockets to see it come to fruition, then it goes ahead. That isn't abuse, it's using it for it's intended purpose.

However...

One thing that pisses me off is when massively funded projects don't give back to the community. I mean, c'mon, show some love and pledge to another project you like. Even if it's just a couple of quid, don't be a tight-fisted twat.

As for the changes:

- Ryo was never like Akira. Spiked hair, yes. Scar, yes. Everything else? No. The original Akira's Quest or whatever was an entirely new design for Akira, one that was never trademarked or copyrighted, it was merely conceptual. The "different Ryo" look is purely down to poor modelling.

- Yu Suzuki has been granted the Shenmue license. Any other trademarked looks will be included.

- Billboards in Guilin? Doubt that pal.

- No toys or capsule machines? The people who are paying to have their face slapped on a toy will surely be disappointed with that...

- I personally never liked that "Everything is SEGA!" thing. It was nice at first, don't get me wrong, but it broke immersion slightly. And as far as Shenmue canon goes, SEGA are a Japanese arcade/toy/building company. Again, I doubt we'd see it in Guilin anyway. "Realistically speaking", that is.

- SEGA soundtracks were only available at the Tomato Convenience Store, as far as I remember. Even then you had to win them in a raffle. On top of this, the fact that you had to actually pause the damn game to listen to them (unless they were on a jukebox in a place you weren't gonna spend much time in anyway) was ridiculous. Never understood why they didn't just include headphones so you could listen to music on the go.

- Again, it's Guilin. I don't want arcades in it, personally. It just wouldn't make sense.

- Who cares about the rating?

- Never have and never will understand the "need" for a physical copy. The whole "what about when they remove it from the servers" argument is horribly flawed. What about when your disc gets used as a coaster or gets nicked?

- "HD" ports would be nice. Do we need them though? No.

I do understand that you have concerns though. Personally, I'm not exactly looking forward to the game. I was always hoping that the Guilin section of the story would just be a transitional phase to justify Ryo going from young martial arts student to kung-fu master. Y'know, like a long, drawn-out montage with some mandatory explanation about the mirrors, only for him to eventually move onto another urban setting to track down each Chi-You Men leader.

Considering the GDC post-mortem though, it's clear we're gonna be in the middle of nowhere for the rest of the series.
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cedric bomb updates ???

Incoming:

$560 tier - Become an author in the local library - find your book in the library and receive a special reward.

$833 tier - Have your name featured in a special pathway. Find your name and receive a 'winning can'

$971 tier (20 available) - Have your excrement featured in the game. When you've got to go, you've got to go! Each time Ryo has to do his business, a special backer's stinky poo will be featured in the game.

$2,245 tier (40 available) - Have your name featured within one of the many arcade machine's score board.

$2,390 tier (7 available) - Have your lucky underpants featured within the game. As Ryo awakes in the morning, you will have the choice of which special backer's underpants to wear. "Let' get sweaty".

$3,560 tier (5 available) - Have your photo featured on Shenhua's bedroom wall in an exclusive poster

$4,700 tier (1 available) - Have Ryo's penis designed after your own. When Ryo decides to "get sweaty" with Nozomi or Shenhua, your penis will be featured in an exclusive scene

$6,100 tier (1 available) - Have Ryo's outfit modeled and designed entirely by you. Choose Ryo's socks, shoes, pants, tshirt and jacket.

$8,200 tier (3 available) - Have your artwork featured in a special temple
by Reprise
Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dudes, chill out.
by Reprise
Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The new trailer is bad ...

](*,)

The game isn't even in development yet.

How can you say that this looks bad to those new to the series? Are you new to the series?

Judging by the boost in funding since last night, Id hardly say this teaser had a negative impact.

I cannot wait for this campaign to end and for the game to go quietly into production so everyone can quit hyper-analyzing (aka bitching about) everything.
by Lan Di-sama
Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #36: New Trailer & NPC Reward Added

I'm sorry but this looks very, very bad. It's not just the aesthetics that look bad or the animation or Ryo's weird face or anything that could be refined later, it's just plain cheesy. The firefly scene wasn't anything like that in Shenmue II.

I feel kinda sick.

Like, maybe I don't want my name to appear in this game.

I'm going to take your words and splice them in reference to another tech demo.

http://youtu.be/TPO7c_XmesU

I'm sorry but this looks very, very bad. It's not just the aesthetics that look bad or the animation or the fact it looks scripted or anything that could be refined later, it's just plain cheesy. The battle system was nothing like that in Final Fantasy VI.

I feel kinda sick.

Like, maybe I don't want Final Fantasy VII to be in my game collection.
by Himuro
Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've got the flu, so I will complain.
by shredingskin
Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $5,000,000 REACHED!

I have no expectations after hitting 5 million. I am just sitting back now, beaming with happiness, and enjoying the ride to the finish.
by Peter
Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue III: FOR WUDE!

So as many of you may know by now, one of our community's greatest contributors Wude has been missing for a year. Due to the relatively high frequency of his activity, and in the face of the Shenmue III Kickstarter, this is clearly uncharacteristic of our fellow member, and many of us have come to fear the worst.

However, whether he is active or not, Wude remains one of the most well-revered and highly respected of us here at the Shenmue Dojo, becoming a pioneer in the modding community along with the likes of Master Kyodai and Dotsona, playing just as vital a role as LanDC had during the previous generation.

In his absence, myself and others have banded together to ensure his name is forever immortalised in the credits of Shenmue III, as there are few who are as deserving to receive such an honour. However, many of us feel that being lost amongst thousands of other names does not do him justice, and are therefore launching a last-minute minute campaign of our own to make sure that happens.

Out aim is to get Wude's name in the Choubu Inn guestbook, at a pricely $600.

We enter this campaign at the $100 mark, meaning we need another $500 to snare the SHENMUE GUESTBOOK reward tier. All finances are being handled by site administrator Yama and YouTube channel manager Ziming via the Shenmue Dojo's PayPal account.

All you have to do is donate to the Dojo the usual way using PayPal and include your username and the message "FOR WUDE!".

"But why should I pay money for a guy I don't even know?" I hear you ask... Well, simple really. This is a campaign for Shenmue III's Kickstarter, and what would a KS campaign be without reward tiers?

http://i.imgur.com/fG9V6hT.png
http://i.imgur.com/sJS6nmu.png
http://i.imgur.com/pYPq1It.png
http://i.imgur.com/flW0ztg.png
http://i.imgur.com/FjAHHR7.png
http://i.imgur.com/N6T8gWO.png
http://i.imgur.com/CQVE20u.png
http://i.imgur.com/URWAe5r.png
http://i.imgur.com/DtUkl0u.png
http://i.imgur.com/xdZxU6C.png
http://i.imgur.com/S1pRb3Q.png
http://i.imgur.com/5ehpWYf.png
http://i.imgur.com/nwongwO.png

Please note that all Reward Tiers are subject to hitting the relevant Reward Tiers for the Shenmue III Kickstarter Campaign. In the event of reaching a higher Shenmue III KS Reward Tier, extra rewards shall be held by the Dojo staff and used for future competitions.

Some of Wude's work can be found on his now inactive blog:

http://ichi-3dstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

Again, all you have to do is donate to the Dojo via PayPal and leave the message "FOR WUDE!" along with your username.
by Ziming
Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $5,000,000 REACHED!

Altough I am jobless right now I can't help myselft and up pledge form $29 to $80.
by RustedBird
Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III: FOR WUDE!

What a wonderful community we have, we've almost hit the mark already. I'm seriously taken aback by this. "For Wude."
by Yama
Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Be my +1 for the Monaco dinner!

Haha yeah just noticed it myself. I was fuku San only a few hours ago...

I was a member back in early 2000's as I played both Dreamcast titles, but to my shame I gave up on seeing the sequel after Yu left Sega, and my membership expired I think. I just want to meet him to apologise for it...
by yuc02
Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Keep this in mind when watching the Kickstarter finish!

Agreed, and you actually just made me realize that the KS will end at 4AM here.... i obviously can't stay up for it, but how the hell will i be able to fall asleep tomorrow night? :-k
by Shenhua-Nani?
Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Keep this in mind when watching the Kickstarter finish!

Dear God,

I don't speak to you much these days but please, please, punish those evil, fat, ugly, trolls on the Kickstarter. I don't know do something man, send lightning bolts, raging fires, just cut out their internet access before they can withdraw their pledges. If not for me, do it for the Dojo and Shenmue 3!

Amen [-o<
by DOS
Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III: FOR WUDE!

I'd like to thank everyone for donating on behalf of wude. He's helped me and many others in our community.

by Ziming
Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter sets new record - LIVE REACTION

William Wallace = Yu Suzuki
Scotts = Shenmue Fans
Enemies = Click bait game journalists
Freedom = Shenmue 3

phpBB [video]
by Axm
Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic