Return

Re: Shenmue Postmortem Discussion

When, 2015 at the next GDC? :roll:
by Wude-Tang Clan
Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just had a thought. If there wasn't a YES or a NO to anymore shenmue releases then isn't that a little hope? Wouldn't we be hearing a firm NO if they really hated the game and a little explanation as to why. I think maybe they are doing the whole psychological trick of trying to make us want it even more. As some companies will try to do. Maybe I'm just dreaming? thoughts on this anyone?

Grasping at straws. I'll probably see Ryo on my toast tomorrow morning.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I honestly don't see why everyone is so disappointed, you weren't expecting him to come out at a game developers conference and say "SHAAAMOOO TWEEE COMING WOOOO" did you? The GDC is made for game development discussion, not game announcements. We have to be level-headed about this subject, not going off the deep end because he didn't say anything. I know its frustrating for many, you can't blame Cerny or Suzuki for anything, really. IF given the opportunity Suzuki would do it in a heartbeat, I'm sure.

Had a pretty docile attitude and felt that there was zero prospects in lieu of the post-mortem pertaining to Shenmue 3.
So I expected nothing, yet received less.

The fact that Cerny never even acknowledged the rumors that were swirling about HD ports, or whatever you want to call them, before Yu took the mic, was shameful. He could have, at bare-minimum, prefaced his intro by stating that they don't have anything to share about the future of the series or any ports. It would have taken 5 seconds.
It was the elephant in the room and he chose to ignore it.

It was a great presentation, to me at least. I enjoyed every second of it and learned quite a bit.
I just find it odd that he (Mark) acted totally oblivious as if someone wasn't going to say something about Shenmue 3, which was a waste of what little time they had today.

Also, why not have some questions prepared before hand from the audience? A lot of time was wasted translating and I feel he might have been able to answer several more and just focus on Shenmue 1 instead of Space Harrier (which I love) and Shenmue 3...
by Wude-Tang Clan
Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yokosuka Martian wrote: I'm glad we meet new Shenmue fans still in 2014. Come for the discussions! Stay for the sake!

FTR: I've been visiting weekly since the dojo was on planet Xbox.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

¥4,000 Saturn Sega USB PC MAC controller white orange SLS.
¥5,470 Saturn Sega USB PC MAC controller in metallic blue SLS.
¥1,900 Saturn Sega Victor controller.
¥5,600 Dreamcast Sega Ascii FT controller.
¥820 Dreamcast Sega Ferrari F355 Challenge.
¥210 Dreamcast Sega Golf Shiyouyou 2: New Challenge.
¥900 Dreamcast Sega Virtua Fighter 3tb.
¥570 Dreamcast Sega Street Fighter Zero 3.
¥1,220 Dreamcast Sega Pure black visual memory unit.
¥1,200 Dreamcast Sega Gala Leopard controller.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eurogamer: 'Shenmue 3 as close to being announced.....

Fishingforclicks wrote:but it became clear it's as close to being announced as it has ever been over the past decade.

by Wude-Tang Clan
Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eurogamer: 'Shenmue 3 as close to being announced.....

For I myself play popular games from time to time, as they are not all bad.
For not I, nay!

Never shan't I dabble into the trough whence slovenly masses getteth thy sustenance. Such pestilence; cut-purse to to thy mind; a parade in squalor.

If thou were a lush, woulds't staineth ivory hands in a box-tree for ruffians, brim with Duty of Callith? Poppycock for naughts.
One dost heaves thy supper at such thoughts.

Come come, wench! Fetch thy snuffbox, for such a lather has overcome thou with tizzy.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Thanks for the help everyone. I finally found the answer.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

This isn't even offensive. Its just really really weird. Its like they're reading lines from a bad off broadway play.

http://deadspin.com/exclusive-the-extended-donald-sterling-tape-1568291249

Sup bra, we gotta talk.

http://i.imgur.com/FN6pt9V.jpg

U banned for life now lol. Good talk.

btw u owe me 2.5 mil
by Wude-Tang Clan
Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

Bought a house.

8-[

Raithos wrote:

Nice Ducky. Which switches do you have?
by Wude-Tang Clan
Sat May 17, 2014 2:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki Will Be On Twitch This Friday

For real though, I thought this dude sneaked in through a back door and tied up the guy who was supposed to be there in the janitors closet or something.

Dude isn't ready for public access, and he gets to sit at a table with one of the most venerated developers; maybe a hand full of people on the entire planet, who have had as much influence in their industry spanning more than 3 decades?

At minimum, all he had to do was read what was on the page and control himself; something that most teenagers are capable of, instead, he made a mockery of the campaign and everyone involved by acting like a damn fool and taking the spotlight off of Suzuki-san and onto himself.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #15 - The Plan & Stretch Goals reveal

Oh I am sorry. But asking for over $10+ Million is now making the Kickstarter seem like a joke. It's barely made $200'000 all week. Sure we might have a rush near the end, but at this rate this KickStarter will be unsuccessful. And what if it is unsuccessful? I mean how unbalanced is the game going to be if we meet all of goals for Baisha Village but do not meet the goals of the other two areas? Are they just going to be plain and boring - That to me would just compromise the game and make it a whole waste of time. I'm really starting to disapprove of the way this is being handled.

Star Citizen raised 74 million dollars through crowdfunding, 2.1 million of which came from Kickstarter. This is not over when the campaign ends.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki wants Shenmue 1/2 HD Versions before Shenmue 3

I was of the mind that we'd see Shenmue 1/2 re-release, or HD versions, before we ever even heard mention of Shenmue 3, and that the original games would be the barometer as to whether or not a third game would be ever developed.

Hypothetically speaking, I feel as though if the original games were already available on XBL or PSN marketplaces, that the KS campaign would have done much, much better. There are so many people who are intrigued by S3 and the hype, but they know absolutely nothing about it and have no way of experiencing the games (emulating Dreamcast games isn't exactly easy for a lot of people who aren't tech savvy, either).
by Wude-Tang Clan
Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm sure the farmers don't give a damn

I haven't been able to not think about that cut-scene when eating carrots since I first played the game upon release.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In all of this can't we atleast give a thumbs up to Sega

Henry Spencer wrote: Maybe if SEGA revealed they would help development or funding, people would be more willing to say "thank you".

They should make some Shenmue pachinko slot machines to raise money.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cedric Biscay wants PewDiePie to show Shenmue

The thing about PewDiePie is that when he isn't trying to appeal to his audience of 12y/o children by screaming and swearing he can actually be quite likable. Watch some of his older stuff, notably his "To the Moon" lets play and you'll see that he wasn't always THAT bad.
I think if he approached Shenmue with that same sort of attitude instead of trying to be funny by swearing in Swedish every couple of seconds he could do the Kickstarter a lot of good and actually be quite entertaining.

It's not even about him putting Shenmue in a positive light, all he has to do is play the game once, mention the Kickstarter and put a link in the description to donate. 5% of his subscribers donating $5 is 9.4 million.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favourite Yu Suzuki Game Outside of Shenmue?

Nice to see all the VF3 love.

My top five:
1. VF2
2. VF3
3. Outrun
4. Super Hang-On
5. Ferrari F355 Challenge
by Wude-Tang Clan
Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favourite Yu Suzuki Game Outside of Shenmue?

ElephantStone wrote: Virtua Fighter 3TB, hands down.

phpBB [video]

:lol:
by Wude-Tang Clan
Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cedric Biscay wants PewDiePie to show Shenmue

All of these bombastic, forced, overacting Youtubers are insufferable to me and make me want to bite a cyanide capsule just trying to endure 5 minutes of their inane, banal, "entertainment." But they have massive captive audiences who hang on their every word...

But kid gamed the system and knew exactly what he was doing. He might *act* obnoxious and stupid, but he's young and loaded. He's not punching a clock 9-5 or ass kissing in the corporate world. He is free to live whatever life he pleases; he won, doesn't matter how. I bet if anyone of us spent 5 minutes around him we'd realize that he's very humble, affable guy who is just having fun with life.

Do not underestimate how much influence this dude has. He could break every stretch goal with one sentence, "please, everyone donate to the Shenmue campaign so we can have more sailors, hur dur."
by Wude-Tang Clan
Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter:Final value and overall success assessment

I don't follow Nintendo much, but I'm sure it would have helped; XBOX One doubly so.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Parents Kick Out 14 Year Old Daughter For Eating Pop Tar

What a savage, she probably didn't even toast it.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you like most about Shenmue ?

Being a degenerate gambler.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What does your username mean?

W.U.D.E. rules everything around me, W.U.D.E.; get the mirrors, capsule-capsule toys y'all.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Shenmue I too SEGA?

Kinda makes me think that Suzuki-san should have a cameo somewhere in Shenmue 3, in the same way that Hitchcock did in his films.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Key we need to Make Shenmue last push succesful Now!

I just put another $50 up. GET HYPE THE TRAINS COMING IN THE STATION; IT"S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!
by Wude-Tang Clan
Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Woman's Butt Explodes

Sounds like this procedure was half assed.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are your hobbies?

Doing nothing is probably my favorite hobby, and thinking about all of the hobbies I could do If I wasn't doing nothing.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Less than three days to go - 5 million push

Axm wrote: 4.9 with 69 more hours to go!

by Wude-Tang Clan
Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $5,000,000 REACHED!

shredingskin wrote: Bloodstained did more the last day than the first, but I don't think we can compare to that, since E3 reveal was a big one.

Anything is possibruuuuuuuuuuu!
by Wude-Tang Clan
Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Beyond Shenmue

I'd rather not envision the gaming world without him. His games have had such a profound influence on my life. It wasn't until I joined forums like these in the early 2000's that I finally learned that they were all created by the same man.

Hopefully he sees Shenmue to it's end, and retirement sucks anyway.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will you experience Shenmue 3 with another person?

Mmmm, I don't know. My current gf, nor any of my friends are into gaming; they all outgrew it or were never gamers in the first place.
I actually played the first one with my Mother, who did a remarkable job of feigning interest through all 4 disks. I was very sick at the time and we played through the whole game together.

Perhaps I'd show her some of the game, but I wouldn't put her through that again.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Officially Funded/End of Kickstarter Celebra

Going to order Sushi from my favorite restaurant down the block. I just moved to a new house in the middle of nowhere with almost an acre of land... If it wasn't for that resturant I wouldn't know anyone here, so, I'll be by myself.

Will probably watch the stream in my underwear, and have a big dumb smile on my face, maybe I'll cry. :lol:
by Wude-Tang Clan
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Keep this in mind when watching the Kickstarter finish!

omg omg omg 26 hours to go. Stay strong. We can do this. Nothing to fear but fear itself. Ain't nobody gonna break my stride.

by Wude-Tang Clan
Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The biggest life lesson you've learned from Shenmue

Don't waste carrots. Ever.

Also, random homeless people know Kung-Fu.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Japanese guide book scans

Is there a complete scan of any guide books? I'm considering ordering one and scanning it myself if there isn't.

And does anyone have a clue as to how rare the Hornet capsule toy car from Daytona USA is?
by Wude-Tang Clan
Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Comes to a Close, Reaches $6.3m in Crowdfund

3 cheers for Yu, and thumbs up for everyone! We did it!
by Wude-Tang Clan
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki officially announces Paypal support for Shenmu

Honestly the Paypal thing puts a bad taste in my mouth. What they should be doing is merchandising. If they make official Shenmue related fan stuff that would be much wiser.

Why does it put a bad taste in your mouth?

That's what she said...

Because they already asked for donations through Kickstarter. To ask for more with nothing in return to a paypal account just doesn't sit right with me. Haven't they heard of corporate sponsorship?
I'm in support either way, but we don't know if they will offer anything, yet.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nocon Kid & Shenmue III

Suzuki just seems like such a nice, humble bloke, yeah. He must have thanked us about ten times on the stream last night. The fact that he started crying a couple of times on the stream, just goes to show how much this project means to him.

He is so genuine. Nothing about his is contrived him at all, which is so refreshing in comparison to some of the heads of western game studios. He just seems like a kind soul.

On some level, I'd imagine he feels like he is imposing to a degree, or at least a little embarrassed to have to ask for money from fans to make a game. Have to remember that he's from a different generation as well.

In regards to Nocon Kid: many, many developers got their break in game studios modding games; very common pathway for developers.
Alan Kertz created mods for Battlefield 1942, along with the Desert Combat mod in the early 2000's. His work was picked up by DICE, and he's now a producer for them in Sweden. There are countless more examples.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should Yu Use The Money...

Don't sailors wear a shirt like that?
by Wude-Tang Clan
Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic