What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby Axm » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:12 pm

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (PS4)
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:26 am

Sonic Jump Fever on iPad.

Sonic isn't even unlocked from the start of the game. You can either 'play' to unlock him or, funnily enough, buy in-game currency to unlock him. So now, Sonic is a micro transaction in his own game.

If this is the state of Sega now.. Man..

I don't even get these Sega games for myself anymore, it's something to play with my six-year-old cousin. I dread to think the amount of damage that would happen with all these micro transactions you keep getting prompted with if I wasn't supervising. It's basically a con.

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Axm
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:15 am

Well, if the base game itself is free, I don't really see much of a problem with it. The fact that you can unlock him through playing instead of paying is fine. If it's just a quid or two to unlock him, then that's fine too, coz that's just a chunk of how much you usually pay for a full game anyway, so to have the option between "buy the parts you want" and "earn the parts you want" isn't a bad thing.

The problem I have is when you pay full price for a game, then have to pay more to unlock parts/features of a game. All that's happened in most cases is that cheat codes have been replaced with debit/credit card numbers. If you're just complaining about essentially downloading a demo and being asked to pay for the parts that you like/want, then it probably says more about gamers than publishers.

No one really had a problem with this shit back in the shareware days.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby OL » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:21 am

Crimson Ryan wrote:If this is the state of Sega now.. Man..

I don't think it necessarily says anything about Sega, in particular. Almost every big Japanese publisher has stuff like that going. Namco is doing amazing things on consoles and whatnot too, but they've still got plenty of iOS stuff out there.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Oppy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:26 pm

Not sure why but the tune to Deadly Premonitions 'Life is Beautiful' has been playing in my head over the last couple of days so I decided to dust off the 360 and pop it in.
I really forgot how fucking awful the controls were, but started enjoying the game a bit more when the humorous dialogue started kicking off

Oppy has received a thanks from: we420
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:58 pm

Ugh...
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:17 pm

OL wrote:
Crimson Ryan wrote:If this is the state of Sega now.. Man..

I don't think it necessarily says anything about Sega, in particular. Almost every big Japanese publisher has stuff like that going. Namco is doing amazing things on consoles and whatnot too, but they've still got plenty of iOS stuff out there.

I was thinking of Sega West specifically. PC and mobile games like this being their sole business model for the foreseeable future. It's a sad state of affairs if you ask me that they barely release console games anymore.

I always thought other Japanese publishers, Namco, since you mentioned them, never really had huge stakes in mobile games like Sega seem to. Or I could be completely wrong but I'm pretty out of the loop with video games so..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Oppy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:30 am

deadly premonition was becoming quite boring and tedious a second time round, so I decided to drop it and start playing Silent Hill 2.
Nostalgia at its finest.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:35 pm

Project Zero 2/Fatal Frame 2 remake for Wii. It's really good so far. It's as if the creators aimed the game more at the established fans of the series, since they've added a lot of new scenes and surprises in the game and I'm only an hour in so far. The game's cutscenes have that Fatal Frame 3 level of polish to them and the same sort of feel too actually (the flashback sequences are eerily similar; the quick shots, echoing voices and the same style of distorted visions). The controls are a little weird at the moment, but I dare say I will get used to them.

Plus the game just looks much better. There's even a new mode called "haunted house" where you have to hold the A button down and keep the Wiimote and nunchucks as still as possible in your hands, as things pop out at you and/or chase after you. They've even put the classic ghosts in there like Blind Woman from FF1 and Broken Neck (from both FF1 and FF2) to chase after you. This mode has no camera so you can't fight back and it's all in first person. You get evaluated after each mission based on your performance. It gave me a "sceptic" title of sorts. It's very interesting anyway.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Axm » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:49 am

God help me, but just started up Skyrim Complete Edition and going for the platinum plus 100% with DLC thats included.
Yes I have alot of time on my hands.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:34 am

Shenmue on Dreamcast and Shining Force III Sega Saturn. Looks great on my 1080p Led Samsung.

*Kenshin Himura* has received a thanks from: Axm
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Yama » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:42 am

Henry Spencer wrote: Project Zero 2/Fatal Frame 2 remake for Wii. It's really good so far. It's as if the creators aimed the game more at the established fans of the series, since they've added a lot of new scenes and surprises in the game and I'm only an hour in so far. The game's cutscenes have that Fatal Frame 3 level of polish to them and the same sort of feel too actually (the flashback sequences are eerily similar; the quick shots, echoing voices and the same style of distorted visions). The controls are a little weird at the moment, but I dare say I will get used to them.

Plus the game just looks much better. There's even a new mode called "haunted house" where you have to hold the A button down and keep the Wiimote and nunchucks as still as possible in your hands, as things pop out at you and/or chase after you. They've even put the classic ghosts in there like Blind Woman from FF1 and Broken Neck (from both FF1 and FF2) to chase after you. This mode has no camera so you can't fight back and it's all in first person. You get evaluated after each mission based on your performance. It gave me a "sceptic" title of sorts. It's very interesting anyway.

I really did love the remake as well, aside from the voice track in the PAL version. Switched over to the Japanese version, the added time to look up a few kanji > that horrible voice acting. Game really was polished however, wish it was held off for the Wii U though.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Axm » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:55 am

Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4)
Brilliant game. Very artistic and lots of good history.

Axm has received a thanks from: OL
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby OL » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:59 am

^^Saw a trailer for that a couple weeks ago and came away impressed. Looks like a pretty cool little experience. Digital or not, I might actually invest in it one of these days.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby we420 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:54 am

Right now I'm playing The Last of Us: Remastered.. This game is just too damn great. There needs to be more games with awesome stories like TLOU, Heavy Rain, Shenmue etc.

we420 has received a thanks from: Axm
we420
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: silva340
XBL: we420
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Yakuza 6/God of War

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming